Homeward Residential Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 26, 2017
I learned alot from my managers and enjoyed working for them. Good salary and the department and people I worked with are the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
Worked from home
N/a
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work is answering inbound calls from ocwen clients who are on loan modifications and try to prequalify them. You have to read from a script most of the time.
Short description of working from home
Conditions Queue Manager (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 29, 2017
I work from home so all my interaction with my peers was on Skype, IM, Email or telephone. Only went into the office an estimated 2 times a year. Great place to work for.
Enjoyable while it lasted
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Homeward Residential. The Legal Department had a great team with excellent managers. Unfortunately, it was acquired by Ocwen which is why I left.
Great company destroyed by take over
Senior Project Manager, Delivery Services (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 18, 2017
Homeward had a great infrastructure, good products/services, was compliant with laws and regulations, maturing their delivery processes, everything was going great until Ocwen buyout.
Pros
Organizational maturity, process improvement, roles & responsibilities, infrastructure
N/a
Senior Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 14, 2017
Recommends

Neutral Outlook

No opinion of CEO
I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than a year)
Pros
Pay is very Good as compared to the work you have to perform
Friendly Atmosphere
Amazing Co Workers
Lot of facilities given to employees as compared to other companies
Cons
Sometimes the work you do is monotonous‚Äč
It's a BPO so experience may not be counted
Less Growth Opportunities
Not challenging in case you are looking for something which drives you towards self improvement
Advice to Management
Great Place to Work but try introducing few L and D which would actually help the employees
Homeward is Ocwen
Special Loans (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 8, 2017
This company is now Ocwen and they are having their fair share of news with 4 layoffs this year. Take a chance if you need a job. Fines are paid regularly.
Stressful
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 8, 2017
Too much for one person to do in 8 hour day. Executive level management is unaware of day to day processing needs. Middle managers are great but, they are not in position to make any real changes.
Pros
Immediate manager is great
Cons
Executive level unware
Good but limited
Senior Underwriter (FHLMC/FNMA Conventional) (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 16, 2017
I worked for them a limited amount of time but in the time that I did this is a good company to work for. They did over hire with the thought that the current year would be as busy as the past but uncontrollable factors were the downfall.
Great place to work, Employee incentives were excellent
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2017
Worked in customer care, handled incoming calls, responded to borrowers inquiries or complaints regarding customer escrow accounts, payment options, homeowners insurance and tax disbursements, payments, provided payoff statements, and payment histories,

I learned how to work with customers in all aspects of customer care,

I had a good working relationship with management there,

The workplace culture was diverse-as it should have been,

The most challenging part of the job was whenever there was a change in management-getting used to a new manager.

The most enjoyable part was the periodic company outings, which was the company's way of thanking us for a job well done.

Pros
The company provided outings for the employees as appreciation for work well done.
Cons
There was frequent change in management, but I was able to grow in interacting with so many different personalites.
Dozens Abruptly Laid Off Whilst on Conference Call
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 9, 2017
Instead of private convos, employees were herded like cattle to slaughter to be laid off en mass over phone. Ultimately sums up how mgmt really feels.
Pros
Remote, Good Benefits, Fair Wages
Cons
Micromanament, purposeful isolation of employees, some mgrs/team leads seemed to genuinely just hate ppl
No longer in business
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 8, 2017
Homeward is no longer in business. It was acquired by Ocwen some years ago. While at Homeward, I did enjoy the company culture and management. I enjoyed working there very much and wish they were still in business.
Excellent
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 7, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Management always professional and made employees feel secure and relaxed. When special needs or requests came up, the management was quiet accomodating
Pros
Friendly attitude
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeJune 6, 2017
The Management at Homeward was very supportive. They were always willing to help, talk out an issue on a file. I learned a lot about myself while working from home.
Pros
Worked from home
Long Hours and Stressful Environment
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 4, 2017
Currently my days are long and days are high stress. Our work load exceeds the current staff we have to complete work with quality so as a result employees are forced to work long hours and many times weekends.
Pros
Compensation is fair but given the hours should be more
Cons
High stress, long hours, poor management
great environment
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 3, 2017
Overall happy with environment and work culture. struggle with work life balance daily. Management needs to look at other departments for issues rather than play the blame game at all the UW's in department. We are not professional babysitters.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Experience
Manager, Compensation (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Able to participate in many facets of the HR community during my time with Homeward. Saw a company manage its way through post bankruptcy to sell of the business to a competitor and the hard work by many functional areas. Company had a solid vision and brought in all areas to see the vision through.
Company has unrealized potential. Needs to focus on what matters
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I do not wish to trash this company. There are many areas that can use improvement, but I am sure the directives come from the parent company. I wish the company success as there are many good employees that depend on them getting everything together.
Don't Even Apply Here for Sales
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 5, 2017
You'll never get an application through underwriting in a timely fashion. The lucky ones get 4 closings in a month. 48 submissions in 16 weeks, and 4 closings. Incompetent processing/underwriting management.
Pros
Sales team has a great attitude, considering conditions there.
Cons
Processing/Underwriting takes too long. You lose applications to the competition over and over.
Most unprofessional management!
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2016
Very unprofessional management. Berates the employees for their lack of knowledge while at the same times states how great they are at hiring highly skilled underwriter. These are the same people you are shredding. Maybe you were not so good at hiring as you think you are. Training is a joke.. They use skype because it is cheap. Try a real site. Sorry sometimes you need to spend a little to make a little. I found it laughable how little their underwriter actually knew about self employment income. But I do know just shredding them publicly is not a good way to get them to perform better. It doesn't work that is why the good companies don't do it.
Pros
Pay is ok not the best and not the worse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeward Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8