Homeward Residential

Homeward Residential Employer Reviews

Enjoyed my employment of 9 1/2 years with Homeward Residential.
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, employee appreciations
Cons: company closed, lost jobs for hundreds.
My employment began January 2004 with Option One Mortgage in the Bankruptcy Department. The company's name changed to Homeward Residential in 2008. In 2013, company was sold and site in Jacksonville, FL closed. I was still employed in the Bankruptcy Department, and enjoyed the culture and people I encountered daily. With over 16 years in Mortgage industry, I have gained valuable knowledge about the business. Truly enjoyed those years with Company, established life long friendships.
Good company to work for
Special Loans Business Analyst/Supervisor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company and over the 8 year period. Due to reorganization, whether Bankruptcy filing or executive management decisions was able to work in multiple departments based on company and market needs.
Stressful position, with no job security and micro management
Non-GSE Operations Manager I (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Very stressful position where management was constantly micro-managing us. No job security, people were always getting let go for no reason.
Very Productive and accomplished many tasks as a team as well as individually
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: holiday parties, employee appreciation day, benefits
Cons: not many breaks due to the stressful matter of the position, sometimes not being recognized for exceptional work, lack of incentives and bonuses
Answered inbound calls from delinquent borrower's. Gathered information in regards to their account and delinquency on mortgage. Researched and worked with borrower's to find a resolution for the borrower's to keep property or for them to sale the property upon request by borrower. Learned the in's and out's of the mortgage industry as well as the different options borrower's have to come up with a resolution in regards to their property. It was very difficult to limit certain options for certain borrower's due to the fact that they had already exhausted every other possibility and are limited as to what they can do moving forward. I enjoyed the coworkers and the overall department because it felt like a family and everyone wanted everyone else besides themselves to not only meet expectations but to also exceed expectations.
Fun place to learn and grow
Operational Control & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits and employee benefit programs
Cons: no monthly compensations\rewards
Everyday spent at Homeward was one to remember. Learned so many things from great co workers and peers. The management team is awesome and has lot to gain from. Always striving towards profection and innovation.
Great
Default Case Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2014
Great company who takes care of its employees. Management was very helpful.
average company to work for.
Bankruptcy Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville,flJuly 30, 2014
Pros: received free lunch several times a month
Cons: healthcare and regular breaks
received calls from borrowers about bankruptcy cases. Advise how to resolve delinquency. They could do payment plan, sale property or go thru bankruptcy court. Took payments over phone for loans and updated info in system about account. My coworkers were great to work with in a very stressful environment.
production
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2014
work days are busy, management is on hand if needed, co workers are helpful, hardest part of day is none, most enjoyable is rewards
productive day
Collections Specialist/GSE SPOC (Former Employee), coppell, txJune 2, 2014
Pros: company gatherings, bonus
Cons: short breaks, being up under a new company
Typical day at work is taking inbound and outbound calls, taking payments and assisting homeowners with customer service questions (billing ,insurance ,taxes, etc.)
I've learned that there is challenges with every job, the job changed everyday learning new changes within the company.
I enjoyed my coworker helping each other when we needed the help.
Core of Default Servicing
Foreclosure Mediation Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaMay 1, 2014
Pros: atravel face to face contact and given resources for complete research on a file
Cons: overabundance of work and not enough employess to keep flow moving smoothly
Mediation conferences with attorneys and mortgagors to review HAMP documents for completion, review documents for modification approval, repayment plans and trial witnesses for contested foreclosures
A horrible place for kids and the employees.
Social Worker/Program Development (Former Employee), Fair Oaks, CAApril 6, 2014
Pros: clients and their willingness to learn and change
Cons: a dishonest director.
I worked at this place to help it grow. The director/owner had lots of big ideas but embezzled monies from the state and used the clients for his financial gain. As employees, we were never sure we were going to be paid.
The one positive part of this job was the employees that I worked with; they were a.lways willing to go above and beyond for our clients, and often did
enjoyed working there
Default and Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Coppell, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: health ins pricey for family coverage
our department was like a family enjoyed working there would still be there if not laid off
Flexible work envrioment
QA Workout Specialist- Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: flexible, family oriented work enviroment
Cons: no job security company was sold
Open door policy with management, flexible working environment not a micro managed environment, great training provided.
Productive and enjoyable culture
Default Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston,TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: each accounts are separate and have multiple issues.
Cons: short breaks and having to work through breaks
I review all four reports. After reviewing loans, I work each new account on the reports. I email foreclosure, property preservation and outsourcing vendors to make sure matter are handled in a timely manner.
Wonderful place to work
Foreclosure Specialist Sr (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: culture
It was extremely difficult to part from Homeward Residential as I was there for 10 years. It was like a family atmosphere. This was a company that truly cared about their employees.
It was a great company to work for, great vision
Title/Litigation Specialist (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 6, 2013
Pros: on site laundry pick-up: on site diner (hot meals)
Cons: healthcare-high ins prem
I worked for one of the greatest bosses ever, very open and direct. All about learning and growth and knowledge of the job and the job of those around you. She encouraged me to think outside the box and use all of my god given talent. When review settlement offers, we used the 3-W's (What, When,Where): What happen,When did it happen and Where did it happen:.
Professional offering experience in customer service, management, and mortgaging. Extraordinary commitment to high standards of quality, integrity an
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaDecember 3, 2013
07/2012 – 07/2013
Bankruptcy Specialist
• Responsible for responding to Qualified Written Requests, Regulatory Complaints, Audit Findings, regarding any bankruptcy issues. Prepared error reports to obtain a percentage to ensure processors are providing quality work.
• Assist manager/lawyers with special projects, including quality assurance processes
• Assist management in regulatory implementation, notices, requirements and audit findings.
• Validated Proof of Claims to ensure all detailed information is correct before filing
• Assisted where needed in Bankruptcy High Risk and India workflow.
• Created policies and procedures for all workflow processes.
• Responsible for manually tracking payment history and account activity on exceptional high risk bankruptcy actions, which may include preparing manual payment posting histories to submit to the court for support documentation. This may include manual payment histories for a Cramdown, Texas Proof of Claim filing, and Motion for Relief on Adjustable Rate Mortgages.
Productive Place
Loss mit (Former Employee), Addison, TexasNovember 21, 2013
Great learning experience. Very busy environment, be ready to work quite a bit.
Semi productive environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Fun atmosphere, however, company is no longer in business locally.
Due to the atmosphere at Homeward Residential people were eager and encouraged to do a great JOB!
Senior Account Payable Specialists (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: departmental bonuses
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed working for Homeward Residential. The management team and I worked well together on up dating and advancing our knowledge base. We were always exploring new ideas for growth opportunities to build from the inside out. Homeward Residential encouraged building relationships among your piers, understanding ones needs, capabilities, weakness and strengths. Also making sure everyone understood the task and paired people together with different skill sets which gave everyone a opportunity to learn, develop and to achieve the department goals. The hardest part of my job was learning that all situations can be fixed just by looking and understanding it from another perspective.

1 2 3 4