Homeward Residential Employee Reviews

Company has unrealized potential. Needs to focus on what matters
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I do not wish to trash this company. There are many areas that can use improvement, but I am sure the directives come from the parent company. I wish the company success as there are many good employees that depend on them getting everything together.
Don't Even Apply Here for Sales
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 5, 2017
You'll never get an application through underwriting in a timely fashion. The lucky ones get 4 closings in a month. 48 submissions in 16 weeks, and 4 closings. Incompetent processing/underwriting management.
Pros
Sales team has a great attitude, considering conditions there.
Cons
Processing/Underwriting takes too long. You lose applications to the competition over and over.
Most unprofessional management!
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2016
Very unprofessional management. Berates the employees for their lack of knowledge while at the same times states how great they are at hiring highly skilled underwriter. These are the same people you are shredding. Maybe you were not so good at hiring as you think you are. Training is a joke.. They use skype because it is cheap. Try a real site. Sorry sometimes you need to spend a little to make a little. I found it laughable how little their underwriter actually knew about self employment income. But I do know just shredding them publicly is not a good way to get them to perform better. It doesn't work that is why the good companies don't do it.
Pros
Pay is ok not the best and not the worse.
Expanding loan division
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  DallasSeptember 22, 2016
Great place to learn the mortgage business while learning from seasoned professionals. Hands on experience side by side with assistance and technology to assist your growth.
Pros
Dynamic staff
Cons
High turnover
Great culture inspired by all of Executive Mgmt
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 10, 2016
Homeward was an outstanding firm built on a realistic mission and set of values that placed treating people with dignity and respect at the forefront of day to day goals and activities.
Pros
Excellent communications within the firm
Cons
Acquired by a ruthless owner
Worked in Homeward residential TX US as PeopleSoft Admin/DBA in one of the world’s biggest PeopleSoft implementation
PeopleSoft Admin (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 21, 2016
• Worked with HCM development team in order to trouble shoot database issues.
• Applying Tools patches in development instances and migrating it to Production after testing.
• Create, configure and monitor Application Server and Process Scheduler.
• Installation of Web server domains using Weblogic.
Great company
Senior Mortgage Processor/Jr Underwriter (Current Employee) –  TELECOMUTESeptember 25, 2015
Great company to work for- super busy work environment- poor management- awesome employees- work from home- hardest part of job is missing onsite trainings to interact with co workers
Pros
RELAXED
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Great Work environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 5, 2015
Work was a pleasure. People supported each other for the good of the company. To bad Ocwen took over and tear the company apart.
Mortgage underwriting.
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 15, 2015
Mortgage underwriting is a puzzle to me. Putting the puzzle together is very enjoyable and every day is new and challenging. The pieces need to be put together through a high level of credit, income, asset and collateral analysis. The puzzle is put into shape when all guidelines, procedures and necessary conditions are met by company and investor requirements. The puzzle is finalized when someone obtains a new home or is refinancing a home to put themselves in a better financial position.
option one
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2015
When I started the company was owned by option one. This was the most incredible place to work. Everyone felt like their opinions were valuable and I loved the true open door policy
This was a very good place to work
Bankruptcy Call Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2015
I worked for Homeward for 9 years, I started in collections and was promoted several times my last position was in the bankruptcy department but I received excellent customer service training modifications and bankruptcy. A typical day was handling inbound customers call regarding there accounts to take payments and to make sure there problems were solved, we worked in a team environment were we did all we could to help each other when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet all the customers needs at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the training and experience I gained.
Pros
Learning amd helping the customers
Cons
not always being to meet all the customers needs at times.
Productive and fun workplace
Contact Center Bankruptcy Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2015
The typical day at work , was helping home owners to keep there home , which I very much enjoyed. I had a good manager and co-workers. I learn to work on the phone ie ..collections/Loss Mitt/ Bankruptcy. The hardest part was learning the systems ,but they helped alot. The most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Quota system
Relationship Manager
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 18, 2015
Assisted clients, attorneys and authorized third parties with solutions using the FHA, VA and government loans processes to generate non-foreclosure.
Pros
evening shift pay differential
Cons
constant changes
Enjoyed my employment of 9 1/2 years with Homeward Residential.
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
My employment began January 2004 with Option One Mortgage in the Bankruptcy Department. The company's name changed to Homeward Residential in 2008. In 2013, company was sold and site in Jacksonville, FL closed. I was still employed in the Bankruptcy Department, and enjoyed the culture and people I encountered daily. With over 16 years in Mortgage industry, I have gained valuable knowledge about the business. Truly enjoyed those years with Company, established life long friendships.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Appreciations
Cons
Company closed, lost jobs for hundreds.
Good company to work for
Special Loans Business Analyst/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company and over the 8 year period. Due to reorganization, whether Bankruptcy filing or executive management decisions was able to work in multiple departments based on company and market needs.
Stressful position, with no job security and micro management
Non-GSE Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Very stressful position where management was constantly micro-managing us. No job security, people were always getting let go for no reason.
Very Productive and accomplished many tasks as a team as well as individually
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 6, 2014
Answered inbound calls from delinquent borrower's. Gathered information in regards to their account and delinquency on mortgage. Researched and worked with borrower's to find a resolution for the borrower's to keep property or for them to sale the property upon request by borrower. Learned the in's and out's of the mortgage industry as well as the different options borrower's have to come up with a resolution in regards to their property. It was very difficult to limit certain options for certain borrower's due to the fact that they had already exhausted every other possibility and are limited as to what they can do moving forward. I enjoyed the coworkers and the overall department because it felt like a family and everyone wanted everyone else besides themselves to not only meet expectations but to also exceed expectations.
Pros
Holiday Parties, Employee appreciation day, Benefits
Cons
Not many breaks due to the stressful matter of the position, sometimes not being recognized for exceptional work, lack of incentives and bonuses
Fun place to learn and grow
Operational Control & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Everyday spent at Homeward was one to remember. Learned so many things from great co workers and peers. The management team is awesome and has lot to gain from. Always striving towards profection and innovation.
Pros
Great benefits and employee benefit programs
Cons
No monthly compensations\rewards
Great
Default Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2014
Great company who takes care of its employees. Management was very helpful.
average company to work for.
Bankruptcy Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,flJuly 30, 2014
received calls from borrowers about bankruptcy cases. Advise how to resolve delinquency. They could do payment plan, sale property or go thru bankruptcy court. Took payments over phone for loans and updated info in system about account. My coworkers were great to work with in a very stressful environment.
Pros
received free lunch several times a month
Cons
healthcare and regular breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeward Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9