Homewatch Caregivers

Homewatch Caregivers United States Employee Reviews

Provided caregivers to clients in their homes to be able to continue to live in their own homes.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 1, 2015
The work was very rewarding, helping seniors be able to stay in their own homes instead of going to a facility. The clients were very sincere in their gratitude to the caregivers and the care they received.
Great company to work for.
In Home health Aide (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 19, 2015
This company is all about caring for their clients. You can take classes to help you in your field and is helpful for your clients.
Fun loving work setting
Caregiver/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAMarch 17, 2015
I met so many great patients and built many memorable friendships. The hardest thing about the job was not becoming emotionally attached to my patients. I did experience the loss of several patients and it was difficult but i felt privileged to have known and taken care of such wonderful people.
productive and life learning
companion, personal care attendant, or homemaker (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good salary, more experience
Cons: no longetivy as a career
I work with a variety of senior citizens as their personal aide. i provide them with services of everyday living as well as the minor things . I look forward to work in a office setting doing paperwork or working more hands on with children to gain more knowledge for my ultimate goal. I've learned how to deal with a lot of personality types which leads to the hardest part of my job. Trying to help people that are stubborn is essential to any business or job to learn how to do . I am a great co-worker because i treat others the way i would want to be treated and im always willing to lend a helping hand.
productive and fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2015
always willing and loved going to work. Caring and loving environment. The pay was great. I enjoyed working for all my clients
Friendly staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), MeridianFebruary 13, 2015
Great staff, great environment but got clashy a few times with my sitter situation.

Great day at work would be seeing my residents and putting smiles on their faces when they would see me walk into the room. Absolutely wonderful and adorable clients
Could have been better
Installer, Consultant (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Provided daily health care for elderly clients and clients with disabilities under RN’s care plan; including collecting Vitals, and specimen collection and the use of diagnostic equipment.
Productive and Fun workplace, Management was very caring
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
A great place to work. The management was very friendly. Good inservice classes. Co workers were friendly.The cases they would get were friendly.
Productive, clean, happy and welcoming environment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Northbrook, IllinoisJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: close proximity
Cons: insufficient job opportunities
A typical, smooth sailing.
Patience is a virtue.
Management is good.
very kind staff/clients.
Insufficient wage.
Taking my patients on outings and conversing.
Can improve with hourly wage
Helping Clients in there home or facility.
CareGiver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: working with clients
Cons: schedule and management
Love working with the Clients. Helping them with daily tasks. Co workers are great! Management didn't know how to treat there employees. Didn't have much of a life. Schedule was crazy. They expected me to pick up shifts at all times. Happy I left!
Caring and compassionate
Caregiver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: making lasting impressions
Cons: no consistency with scheduling
Assist clients with daily living needs...dressing, preparing meals, running errands if necessary, companionship. Hardest part about my job is parting ways with a client whom relationship have been created.
Do not work here
Caregiver (Former Employee), Columbus OhioDecember 16, 2014
Pros: the patients!
Cons: no breaks, low pay, ever changing schedule, no job security
When I got the call and did my interview with this company I was pretty excited. Even more so when I received my schedule for the whole month. Everyone seemed nice and the company was pretty organized. I went to work with a little old lady and life was good. My first pay o ly 8 hours of training pay came with no problems. The next pay check is where the problems began. My pay was 4 hours short. Not a big deal mistakes happen. I called and emailed and was told it would be taken care of. Two weeks pass and yay time for the next pay check! This pay was 40 hours short. I called I emailed within a week I still had not heard anything back until I called and quit. Then I hot a call from the director who informed me that I wasn't owed any hours and everything I was owed was paid to me. I had to threaten to get a lawyer involved to get it solved. I had even send them more copies of my time sheets and everything. This was very flustering. As a side note they also refused to replace me one night when I was so sick throwing up that I couldn't get off the bathroom floor. How am I supposed to take care of someone when I can't stop vomiting. This company was much more of a hassle than its worth.
Great Company if you're not looking for promotions or something steady
HHA (Former Employee), grand rapids, miDecember 14, 2014
Cons: no breaks; no work/life balance
Clients were amazing to work with, but the company itself, not worth it. If you don't mind driving around from house to house or facility to facility, then great go for it. Work/life balance is not something to look for with this company. I worked every single weekend and week day even after I stated I only wanted to work part time (20hrs week). My checks were never predictable so I never knew what they were going to look like being the payscale was all over. The scheduling staff scheduled me outside of my availability and expected me to work where ever they placed me. I love healthcare, but this job was not worth it being they have no benefits to offer or promotions to a hire level
Hard work, but worth it.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 21, 2014
Very challenging work, but it pays off in the end. Plenty of opportunity for growth.
Entertaining and calm enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 7, 2014
a typical day at work in healthcare would consist of arriving on time to ours clients resident. Seeing what was on their agenda for the day. mainly getting our clients dress, feed, making sure their medication was taken on time, of course engaging in conversation keeping them active. We would go on walks, play games, and watch a little tv together. Management was great they kept you posted on your work reports from the families of the clients and other great suggestions with the client. The hardest part of the job was keeping our clients encouraged to be productive and moving. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in contact with such great people and hearing all their old stories about life in their days.
My Patients Make My Job Worth It!
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Current Employee), Zionsville, INOctober 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was most certainly the patients and their family members; without the most important part of being a nurse my job would not be what I would want. I most certainly made a strong connection with each of my patients and their family members, I believe they would say the same thing as well. The hardest part of my job is losing a client, either they pass away or are moved to a nursing home or no longer need our services. I enjoy my job most in part due to my patients and the motivation I get from them!
Not a good company to work for at all. WARNING!!
CNA (Former Employee), Charlotte, NcSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: my clients
Cons: never got breaks, never got a raise
I enjoyed my clients that I worked with very much! But the company is not good, Bad management! The pay is not good at all and you have to drive your own car, They don't even pay mileage. I was promised a week paid vacation and never got it, And I was on call a few times and they say they pay 50$ for being on call. Sometimes I would get it and then sometimes my manager would never give it to me. I was promised things I never got! Over all a bad company, I would not work here if I were you. High turnover rate in employes.
In it to help others, not much in return
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 19, 2014
Cons: no benefits at all, poor and inadequate training
Speaking from my personal experience only. Felt my three hour training was very inadequate before they told me to go to work. They did not do a thorough background check on me. They said in my orientation a few years ago that they only hire experieced caregivers- this is so they dont have to pay to train you. No guaranteed hours, no benefits- at all. No pto until one YEAR of employment. This really is a job that puts employees in a very precarious financial situation, wondering how many hours they have, hoping they don't get sick- no sick days, it is very stressful. Very inadequate ongoing training. I really would highly recommend not working here. Come on- you have to treat your workers like they are human beings.
no raises no benefits
Caretaker (Current Employee), Windsor, CTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
Nice people to work with, working with clients and helping them stay independent in there own home.
Great workplace.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Akron, OHAugust 13, 2014
A typical day at work consists of client care and companionship. Personal care, cleaning, errands and doctor appointments can all be included in one day.

1 2 3 4 5