Homewood Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to retire
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
They're OK i just didn't like management. While working there i also didn't see any advancement it seem like the works have been working there so long and make the same pay. They don't give raises at all
Pros
No Pros not for me at least
Cons
not professional
Homewood is a great place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work will be checking in guest to their rooms and showing them the way to their rooms. Informing them the benefits of the hotel. I had never had great co-worker until I started working in Homewood. They made me feel so loved and wanted. My hardest and enjoyable part of the day is getting there and leaving.
Experience at HWS
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 22, 2016
Working for the Homewood Suites has provided me with opportunities to expand my communication, sales and marketing skills.
It wasn't so bad..
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 21, 2016
It's extremely difficult to have a balanced work/life because of the hours - a hotel is a 24/7 industry and thus you must be available 24/7. Co-workers were very often late, not dressed in uniform, and I was made to wait for them to be presentable and clock in before I could leave which often took almost an hour past the time I was supposed be heading home. I was forced to work several times overnight, by myself. As a night auditor, they would schedule your days off separately so you really didn't have an actual day off you still worked for 8 hours of it. Management could've dealt with issues better. Uniforms fit oddly and not breathable, forced to wear a blazer, button up shirt and slacks during the summer. The only great thing about the job was that you got to meet a lot of interesting people from around the world.
Cons
Short breaks, forced to stand for an extremely long time, uniforms were not breathable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 20, 2016
Every had to pay attention to detail and was a pleasure to work with.Supervisor and Manager were great with assuring we as the housekeepers did well and overall goal to be sure our guest had a great experience.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 17, 2016
Hilton Worldwide gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. They have excellent training. They also provide great benefits
Pleaseant work environment
Entry Level Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
Perform general service repairs as needed on refrigerators, A/C, ceiling fans, light fixtures, dishwashers, and garbage disposals
 Responsible for daily preventative maintenance procedures in and around hotel facility
Perform various duties such as painting, patching dry walls, servicing restrooms, minor plumbing, repairing electrical problems, pool maintenance, tile and grout cleaning services
Work closely with fellow employees to meet the custodial needs of all hotel guests; respond promptly to general as well as emergency maintenance requests; assist in team efforts to resolve custodial and maintenance issues to ensure efficient and safe hotel operations
With little to no supervision, given the responsibilities and duties of being the Hotel Concierge & provide Houseman Support during specified hours. Those duties include but are not limited to maintaining a clean, orderly atmosphere in lobby and common areas, providing customer service to hotel guests, and assisting front desk and housekeeping staff as required
Provide safe and reliable airport shuttle transportation to customers upon request
Pros
Meeting new ppl daily
Cons
Short Breaks and no benifits
family like stuff... Unorganized management.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJune 3, 2016
Staff members are great to work with. The guest are amazing. New management needs some work. They didn't do such a great job on making productive easy. Left us short staffed most of the time. It was a very clean safe place to work at though.
Great place to work part-time
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working here. The environment can be hectic at times but overall this is a very relaxed place. I work a few hours a week, and only if someone needs a day off will I get more hours. If you have real bills, only consider this for part-time employment.
Great work place
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 25, 2016
I would come to work make sure that everything from the pervious shift is done and make sure that the GSA before has set my shift up for success. I bettered my customer service skills and how to professionally interact with customers. Management is good. I must say I work with a great team, great commination from the entire team. What I enjoy most is seeing every guest satisfied.
Was a great place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 23, 2016
Comfortable work environment. Co-workers were great and helpful if anyone was falling behind. Immediate Heath and dental care was offered. Was walking distance from home.
Pros
Discounted rooms. Heathcare.
Cons
Large Heavy Carts
Fast pace environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 3, 2016
A typical work day can be demanding yet fun. The busiest of the front desk while checking in guest, responding to guests' request and making reservation makes the work day go by fast. Then there are other days when its quite. I usually use down time to catch up on work as well as help other departments. I just love to stay busy. I can say the hardest part of my job is working a double shift and standing on my feet; however, keeping myself busy, studying on line training and reviewing our guest response keeps my mind off my tired feet.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
expensive health rates
I Was treated like a servant/ slave.
Evening Houseman/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 22, 2016
The owner acted like she was the Queen and treated everyone as her servants. they dived my psych between two hotels, along now overtime. I thought this was wrong and possibly illegal
This job spoiled me !
Night Audit Manger/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 22, 2016
this job taugh me the true meaning of family in the work place, caring boss that was willing to train as well as help his employees, not all about the business but it was understood that this is an business. this job spoiled me so much until i didn't understand so much pettiness in the work place , however i also obtained a lot of knowlegde from this position as well
Pros
coming in to work and learning something new
Cons
leaving
Fast Paced
Front Desk Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMarch 22, 2016
The best part of my current job is be able to interact with different people daily. Also making sure they are satisfied with their stay.
Great Management and Place for growth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 1, 2016
My typical day is managing front desk staff and assisting with inquiries and complaints.

Management is awesome

Staff is FUN

Must be great at guest relations
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
MANDATORY SHORT BREAKS
The company is amazing.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 17, 2016
The company is amazing, the atmosphere is inviting and everyone is so very kind and helpful. I felt like I was part of a family and not just another number to fill in the spot.
Excellent opportunity
Lead Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 1, 2016
This relatively new hotel is an excellent place for those with minimal experience in Hospitality, as present staff and management are more than willing to assist.
Cons
Lack of Security for certain groups (rowdy HS basketball teams)
Heavily energetic and busy workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at work for me is very pleasant and enthusiastic. All of my coworkers are leaders and friendly. The guest love my spirit and personality and that I am always willing to help others. The Hardest part of my job is realizing that this is a Mom and Pop business and that It's hard to move up. I love that the managers recognize and reward us for going above and beyond for our customers. I love what I do customer service is my life.
Cultural difference with managment makes working conditions difficult
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 12, 2016
The owner of this company does not pay overtime to workers, nor does he pay any holidays, sick or pay any benefits. He belittled employees in front of other employees rather then taking them into a closed office.
Pros
decent hourly pay
Cons
no benefits, no holiday pay, no overtime when an employee works overtime.