Homewood Suites Employee Reviews

unorganized
cooking and preparing food (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 28, 2017
my first job. was upset at the room keepers because of the fact they kept on taking our ONLY vacuum., got upset one customer said i was nasty and cursed. Didn't ask for my explanation or side of the story. just let me go. personally thought it was because i was young.
Pros
BY yourself
Cons
the miscommunication
My experience working for Homewood Suites
Evening Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work involved setting up the dinner area, preparing food according to brand standards, and greeting new and regular patrons with a smile. I worked at this location for over 9 years, so over the years I have learned quite a bit. One particular dish that I learned how to make was the po boy sliders. Whenever I would make these, the guests always loved them. I loved working for the Homewood Suites Brand, the hardest part of it was taking the heavy bags of trash out on my own. Some days it would be really heavy and sometimes at night there wouldn't be anyone available to help me. I am a small person so if I could not lift it, I would have to ask the houseman coming on after me to dump it for me when he came in. The guests made the job worth wild. From time to time, there would be a rude person but 99% of the time the people would be very kind. Many of the guests I knew by first name and those that I didn't almost always knew me.
Great place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 20, 2017
Its amazing, amazing people there... Very fun place to work, clean and very great environment & just a overall great place i would defenitly tell other people to work there!
Homewood Suites
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  housekeeperJune 14, 2017
In housekeeping, management always worked with the housekeepers. Everyone worked to help each other out when it was needed. The one thing everyone didn't enjoy was if some one called out we knew we were going to be on more than one floor, some days every floor. We also didn't have a houseman so it was our job to stop cleaning and keep dumping our own linen. We also had our laundry person not stay in laundry their entire shift. They would be the ones to clean rooms or attend to things around the hotel. So if we would need more linen throughout the day 9/10 times it wouldn't be there. Management was friendly and kind.
Pros
free water, snacks on carts
Cons
linen shortage
Great team!
Night Audit/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 13, 2017
The folks at Homewood were always willing to lend a hand. The training was very detailed and let you know from the beginning what to expect. The pay wasn't well this is why I left.
Minimum wage, but management is great.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2017
I made minimum wage, but the management staff was great. You also received travel vouchers for the other Hilton Properties to get a discount if going on vacation. You can get them for friends and family too!
Pros
Free Breakfast (Night Auditors and AM staff) / Free Dinner (weekdays, Night Audit and PM staff)
Fun place to work
house keeping (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 24, 2017
Nice Place to work
Friendly peole
Sometimes the days are very hecty
It's a wonderful place to work they just need some new employees because we barely have any days off
produtcive and very fun
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 10, 2017
I cooked and cleaned. I've also hosted and did evening social. I loved doing the breakfast we moved as a team which made everything run smooth. I'm moving back to Columbus and would love to work for the company again.
Pros
great hours
i loved that place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
he was really a fun place no discriminations I love being working with that company I did my job perfectly managers was happy of my good jobs made so he was really a plaisure working there
Great Staffing
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJMay 2, 2017
While working at this location ive learned thats customers are always first. Along with having patients with the people you work with. Also give all your divided attention tords the guest, and youll for sure get a positive survey.
Productive and fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 30, 2017
Great employer with good management . The pay is good and if allowed I will work with company again.Good environment to meet new people.A beautiful place to stay ,also.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 30, 2017
This was a very outgoing place to get going an much laughter with your employees. Had a great time seeing different things and also looking out for one another.
Pros
Had fun
Cons
Short break
Management Sucks
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 29, 2017
Honestly the job isn't hard it's great, but because of management it really starts to wear you down. There is no room to go up the corporate ladder. They do not promote within, they hired people who have no experience for management and pass over employees that have been there the longest. There are no health benefits and they don't ever fix anything. Guest complain and management just blames the employees for everything. And forget about ever getting to use your PTO it never happens. The pay is only $10.50 an hour and night auditors only make 11.00 an hour. Which is not enough if you have to pay for private insurance.
Pros
The regular employee are great *managers excluded*
Cons
No health benefits, awful management, no pay increases
Feels like Family
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXApril 29, 2017
Working here with a staff of less than 50 people really made the hotel feel like family. It is a great place to work once you get to know everyone. Working with guests can be intimidating but management is there to help.
Pros
management, friendly environment
Cons
property being sold
Homewood suites
Cook (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 21, 2017
Homewood suties makes u feel at home great empolyee. Management kind of sucks. If there would be better management and it would be a better job. I just feel that the management is lazy at times but not all the time. But once i start working there everything was fine until we just keep failling QA. The manager's always love wait until the last minute like as in weeks until QA comes to start getting serious. That wasnt fair to us as the empoylees. All homewood suites the just need better managment that cares about their job and their employees.
Pros
Having group meetings and group events as in parties
Cons
No heatlh benefits
Relaxed work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with each guest, and also was able to work at my own pace. My co workers made it a good environment to come into each day, Management was not so pleasant.
good place to work
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2017
actually I'm working in a three months a/c filters program with eventually support in guest calls ,because we have full kitchen we practice in appliances too
Pros
close to my house
Cons
low rate paydment
n/a
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 10, 2017
busy depending on season
training is spot on
management is spot on
hardest part of the day is mid day when people try checking in early, and you still are dealing with check outs
Get job to have great experience it gives you
Houseman Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Suisun City, CAApril 6, 2017
Homewood Suites was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my team they valued their staffs dedication. There were many opportunities to grow within the company.
fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OH 45324March 31, 2017
management was real relaxed. the co workers there was real nice and worked well together. I worked at the front desk, the guest that checked were also really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewood Suites. Our community is ready to answer.