HON COMPANY Employee Reviews

Overall great company to work for!
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Recruitment CenterJanuary 25, 2018
Company aligns to my values! HON and Allsteel provide tremendous growth opportunities if you are willing to invest in yourself and put forth the effort. I am challenged daily which I enjoy. I come to work each day knowing that I have a stable career and work for a company with great vision and values and my leadership care about investing in me.
Pros
Work Culture, Career Stability and Advancement
Good management to work with
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJanuary 11, 2018
• Created Value Stream Maps to identify product flow, eliminate waste and add value
• Designed fixtures for improving product flow by incorporating conveyors, transfer carts, pneumatic lift tables, and adding spur lines to repair defects resulting in a 12% increase in production yields
• Lead strategic, cross functional Kaizen teams targeted toward increasing revenue, optimizing cycle time, reducing defect rates, and/or improving customer satisfaction
Pros
Company cook-outs
Cons
Wished this work had have been long term
load and unload boxes
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2017
we had a certain amount of time to load and unload packages from the truck and get them stacked in the warehouse. And, we had to do this over and over again.
Pros
we had a 15 min. break between trucks
Cons
major heavy lifting.
Fast pace , friendly workers
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedartown gaNovember 21, 2017
I am dependable . I am a hard worker that is honest and loves working with others. Also I make sure everything I do is to perfection and I never let anything stand in the way of me being successful
Pros
Free lunches every once in a while
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
worst place to work!
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GANovember 12, 2017
Was verbally abused while there, sexually harrassed & fired for no reason by the worst ptl up there! All around worst managed company I have ever seen.
This is an excellent company to work for.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GANovember 6, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. The work was interesting and always changing. Metal as well as wood was processed. The goal of continuous improvement was always strived for.
Pros
Very nice people, concern for the community, help when needed
Cons
Dusty from the wood
Its what you make of it
Wet Painter (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 10, 2017
Working at Hon is what you make of it. You will either have a hard working dedicated attitude, or a don't give a care attitude towards the job. During the busy season it gets a little stre ssful due to the high volume of orders and needing to push out so much per day to keep up with the demand.Slow season is a little relax less stress. Some employees love over time some don't . For the most part I get along with everyone but mainly focus on doing my job and get paid and go home. Management is ok, environment your typical production plant setting.
Pros
401k, health care, profit sharing, raises
Cons
Wish pay rate was higher to match nearby production facility.
Very poor management. Unfair treatment to minorities.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 16, 2017
The management only cares about bettering their own image to their bosses. they will work you to the core and still treat you like very poorly. There is no respect. Unfair treatment to minorities. Even if there is absolutely no work load your managers an team leads will leave for the day and make you stay full 10 hours with no work to do. If you like being treated like a slave and dont want to spend time with your family this is a great job for you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything but the pay.
Always trying to meer and get head of schedules.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJune 22, 2017
As our orders grow the team work get better and better. Try to practuce good team work abd quality work on a dialy basis. Safety is the number 1 thing that is always practiced in the company.
Cons
Never know how man people are absent.
Great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 14, 2017
It was a great job to work at... I would recommend anyone to work there to build a career. They gave me great benefits and time paid for holidays.. great work environment. Couldn't complain.
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 19, 2017
Very productive place to work. Get extra pay for making better time in building and finishing chairs at a certain speed. Hardest part was just trying to keep up with goals sometimes to get the extra pay.
productive environment.
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 14, 2017
I was able to do many things with this company. I like to stay busy and they were able to keep me moving. there are many different stations to build at an di was able to make my work station how I liked it and how I thought it was most productive.
Pros
health care
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 10, 2017
Great place to work..people are very nice and friendly..they will listen to you about your problems..overall is the great place to work..easy to find parking
Best company I've worked for
Work Cell Operator - Seating Department (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAMarch 22, 2017
My favorite thing about Hon is the environment. It may have just been my shift & my department but the people were the best, and they took care of you. 3rd shift seating department was like a family, of course they've done away with 2nd and 3rd shift and moved up to Iowa since I've worked and I'm sure things have changed a little but I would still recommend HON to anyone. The matched every dime I put into my 401k. When someone failed a drug test, they sent them to rehab instead of firing them. When someone had a house fire they took up a collection. When someone lost a loved one they gave them a week off paid. Great company, great people!

The only bad thing I can say about them is I applied for a better position in the plant and they gave it to a temp to keep production high in my cell.. and if you want to become a supervisor, you'd better have a good friend that already is one.
Pros
Environment, pay, benefits, management
Cons
Fast-paced, always pushed to produce more
Ok place to work if you don't have drive to excel
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAMarch 21, 2017
There are some good things. They do things for employees. Pay is probably above average for location. They will cut employees on whim when corporate looks at books. Job security is low. Advancement path mostly based on politics and buddy system. Management talks a lot but gets little done. It's an ok place to work if you have no ambitions and only care about punching a clock.
Pros
Freebies for employees
Cons
Job security
Fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 17, 2017
Great company. Great Benefits. I was working in a warehouse environment on the distribution side. I would load eighteen wheelers every day and work minimum 10 hr shift.
Pros
ten hour shift
Cons
Plant shut down
FAbrics
Hon Furniture (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 25, 2017
looked at orders and always started with 10. I would locate proper rolls of fabric, look up the cut pattern using a coded system
Productive and busy place to work
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 9, 2017
Hon is a good place to work. Has great benefits. Good pay. Actually care about their employees. Great people to work with. Never had to worry about hours. It was always the same every day guaranteed. Clean environment. Very family oriented
Pros
Good pay, always same schedule
Cons
Hours
ptl/group leader/head painter/plant trainer
ptl/group leader/painter/plant trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GADecember 3, 2016
i would perform saftey meetings before my shift began i worked 17 to 19 hour a day shift i was over 4 lines on 3rd shift and i never really get stuck in a situation without a solution
Long hours and unpredictable overtime
Packout/assembly line (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 12, 2016
Was a young 18 year old working here, it was really fast paced and demanding. Management was nonexistent and failed to earn respect from employed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HON COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.