HON COMPANY

HON COMPANY Employer Reviews

great team work
Utility Operator (Current Employee), Louisburg, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: low pay
Hard work, how to meet demands, cool, normal, dusty, benefits
Good entry level company
Production Team Lead (Former Employee), AlabamaJune 15, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: pay not great, takes a while to earn profit sharing or raises
Good place to work. Great company culture. Picnics, giveaways, company likes to keep members involved. Great experiences here, how to manage time and people and some great people to work with.
HNI
Production Team Leader (Current Employee), Muscatine, IAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: long standing company, can provide advancement in certain situations
Cons: management frequently changes along with overall direction.
Management structure lacks stability. Typical day at work can have a lot of variation and is great at teaching time and task management. Team members all want to do a great job and achieve company goals.
productive and good people to work for
FORKLIFT DRIVER, LOADER (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: pay was good and every so often they would buy lunch for all or have it brought in
Cons: was laid off when the economy took a plunge
Hon tried to treat everyone fairly and like family. Top management always keep everyone informed and had meeting every month to explain the direction of the company
Market leader with a tremendous corporate culture
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 19, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: not much work-life balance
As a Business Development Manager, I was a part of the sales arm of this organization which has been increasing sales and market share aggressively in the last 5 years.

The management team at HON is second to none. Each manager has something to offer and always has the best interest of their subordinates in mind. It was a great place to be if you are – more... looking to advance within the company and get cross functional training.

As a BDM, the hardest part was balancing my daily selling activities with extracurricular (required) projects. Because of this, most nights I spent working and had little personal life.

I enjoyed the people and the culture otherwise, as well as the ability to work with customers face to face. – less
Productive, fun enviroment
Machine Operator, Inspector (Former Employee), Chester, VAJune 3, 2013
I loved working at the Hon Company. Friendly team, staff, and management. Room to grow and great benefits.
I loved learning new jobs
Vacation Reliever,covered jobs on Lines 1and 3 (Former Employee), Cedartown, GAMay 16, 2013
Pros: during break i would try to learn more and everyone liked that.
Cons: i hated it when a press went down.we lost production.
We made vetical metal cabinets.Icould run every job from begining to end.I loved my co workers we always helped each other.If we ran a number ,the boss would let us go home earlier.
Engineering Manager - New Poduct Development (Current Employee), Muscatine, IowaApril 8, 2013
HON has some of the best people you could possibly work with. The company is good at developing people. I have enjoyed my time here.
was nice to work at..hot in summers,,cold in winter...
material handler/warehouseman (Former Employee), Sulphur Springs, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pros: retirement package
Cons: no room for advancement
began by either unloading trailer or filling orders..work with one other co-workers who checked off orderlist..hardest part of job was the HEAT...well over 100..
Line 4 Leadmman
Leadman (Former Employee), Chester, VADecember 2, 2012
Pros: good benefits family events and incentives to movitate you to do your job better
Cons: it closed its doors
I went in everyday focused looking foward to the next day. I acquired my basic knowledge of production and builded upon it and became a lead. .Management at Hon I enjoyed working with them.They made me strive and set goal so I could move up the ladder in the company.I worked well with my co worker we all respected eachother and worked as a team.The – more... hardest thing about Hon was the day the doors closed and having to leave a company and fellow coworkers to whom which I devolped a 22 year relationship with.We had family events and everyone just loved being there and working there. – less
Fast paced
Lead on Weld Line and Pack (Former Employee), Cedartown, GAAugust 31, 2012
HON Company is a fast paced work environment. The work was hard but manageable. With 8 hour shifts and occasional overtime it is your average production workplace.
Lost respect from the workforce.
CNC OPERATOR (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: older workforce are great people to be associated with.
Cons: willingness to pay for experience and seniority.
Preach higher from within but really looking for new, young and inexpensive talent. With the new talent comes a new culture. At the time I was let go they had not found a new culture.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Muscatine, IAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: promoting from within
Cons: muscatine, ia
Friendly, focused on rapid continuous improvements, member oriented.
great job
SUPERVISOR/LEAD UTILITY (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: very high paced job, good pay, good benefits, good retirement.
Cons: went for a better opportunity i thought.
Built fileing cabinets. Responsible for up to 39 associates. from building files with spot welding ,mig welding of parts.also painting and packing out of products.
Good place to work for the first 15 years.
Traffic Supervisor, Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good salary, opportunity for growth
Cons: treated employees unfair, management did not listen
24+years with company. Worked in many different areas and gained a lot of knowledge and experience. Company gave employees opportunities to develope. Then as the economy started going downhill, the company started eliminating positions. Finally after 2 years, the facility in Chester was closed down.
RCI Technician was a great position
Inspector/RCI Technician/Cell operator (Former Employee), Cedartown, GeorgiaNovember 14, 2011
Pros: offers educational reimbursement, medium pay scale.
Cons: unsafe work environment no bullying policies.
RCI Technician was a great experience and I learned new skills.
CHANGE
CEDARTOWN,GA.30125 (Former Employee), WATER STRIDER/UTILITY AND ALSO A SEWER IN SEATINGNovember 1, 2011
Pros: a pay check
Cons: the company leting people get away, with anything on thework floor, while ur trying to work
I THINK HON IS GOING THROUGH A CHANGE AND WHILE DOING THAT THEY ARE ONLY HURTING THEMSELVES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES . IT SHOWS IN THERE MANGEMENT AND ON THEIR PRODUCTION FLOOR. ITS HURTING THEIR QUALITY AND SAFETY AND AS A FORMER EMPLOYEE I KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE.THEIR CITY OF HOPE CANT BE TO GOOD BECAUSE IF IT WAS THEIR EMPLOYEES ,SAFETY AND QUALITY WOULD – more... COME FIRST AND THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TRIED TO TAKE CARE OF THEM DURING THERE CHANGE BUT THEY ONLY SEEM TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR MANGEMENT AND LET THEIR PROBLEMS GO WITH TAKING CARE OF THINGS LIKE MOST PLACES DO .A COMPANY SHOULDNT CHANGE, BUSINESS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FIRST AND THEN GO EAT – less