HON COMPANY Employee Reviews

Ok place to work if you don't have drive to excel
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAMarch 21, 2017
There are some good things. They do things for employees. Pay is probably above average for location. They will cut employees on whim when corporate looks at books. Job security is low. Advancement path mostly based on politics and buddy system. Management talks a lot but gets little done. It's an ok place to work if you have no ambitions and only care about punching a clock.
Pros
Freebies for employees
Cons
Job security
Fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 17, 2017
Great company. Great Benefits. I was working in a warehouse environment on the distribution side. I would load eighteen wheelers every day and work minimum 10 hr shift.
Pros
ten hour shift
Cons
Plant shut down
FAbrics
Hon Furniture (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 25, 2017
looked at orders and always started with 10. I would locate proper rolls of fabric, look up the cut pattern using a coded system
Productive and busy place to work
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 9, 2017
Hon is a good place to work. Has great benefits. Good pay. Actually care about their employees. Great people to work with. Never had to worry about hours. It was always the same every day guaranteed. Clean environment. Very family oriented
Pros
Good pay, always same schedule
Cons
Hours
ptl/group leader/head painter/plant trainer
ptl/group leader/painter/plant trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GADecember 3, 2016
i would perform saftey meetings before my shift began i worked 17 to 19 hour a day shift i was over 4 lines on 3rd shift and i never really get stuck in a situation without a solution
Long hours and unpredictable overtime
Packout/assembly line (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 12, 2016
Was a young 18 year old working here, it was really fast paced and demanding. Management was nonexistent and failed to earn respect from employed.
Very very bad team leads and supervisors should bring shame, to this company
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, Iowa headquartersAugust 4, 2016
Although it is a great American, company and second biggest in the world I have the displeasure of encountering some of the most dishonest, self entitled discriminatory low life's than I ever could have imagined.!! A deep rooted evil hatred towards those who seem different and allowed systematic discrimination against those with mental disabilities, I pray for the day these individuals wake up and realize that their world is falling apart due to their ingrained ignorance and seedlings of unjustifiable hate.
Pros
Money
Cons
Haters
The Most Top Heavy Company
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 15, 2016
More VP than engineers. They tend to shuffle the older engineers out and replace with new fresh out of college. Unless you are in the good old boy management network, great place to start and get experience.
Pros
Training, RCI
Cons
Topheavy, lower salary
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA 23836February 23, 2016
Very productive job. A great place to work. There was nothing hard about working for the Hon Company.The company shutdown in 2008 and parts were shippped to Georgia.
Utility Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 25, 2016
Learned how to manage personnel, better computer skills and multiple other skills
Management and co-workers were exceptional to work with on daily basis

Want to know more about HON COMPANY?

Ask a question
place is a joke!
lead Saw (Former Employee) –  MuscatineOctober 30, 2015
Management is usually who sucks up the best. First time floor leads need trained before they interact with others! Turn over is terrible. My advice: look elsewhere
benefits
Cons
management
utility (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAOctober 29, 2015
Good company to work for.The people make it fun to go to work everyday. You have to do the same job a lot of the time so that makes it fun too.
Rapid Continuous Improvement Technician (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 22, 2015
Hon has given me tons of opportunities to grow and learn other roles. They have a fun atmosphere and believe in changing for the future.
Productive workplace
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 17, 2015
Very productive work environment. It is not at all about the number of chairs per day but the quality of each chair that is produced for a customer. In order to make good product for customers we work as a team to finis successfully each day.
Awful environment and grouchy peiople in charge.
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  muscatine iaSeptember 5, 2015
This company would have been ok except people were allowed to be jerks and they would pull out in front of you and not even worry about the other guy. They were constantly complaining about other shifts and the manager made jokes about the employees in front of everyone.
Pros
4 days work week
Cons
poor bosses and low pay
Hon company
Distribution support (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 12, 2015
Typical day at work is the same usually everyday with a various in the boxes. I have learnt how to organize and ensure the product is safe when it arrives at its final destination.
Pros
Fun
Cons
second shift
Productive and fast paced place to work
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 6, 2015
Made tables all time when I was working there. People are friendly, Boss is a very nice guy. Many different things to do at this company.
The Hon CO was the best place I been working, learned a lot from my 27 years of service.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAMay 21, 2015
The best thing that I can remember was the opportunities the company give me to improve my personal and work skills. Learning rapid continuous improvements was challenging but the best tool provided to me. I miss so much my peers and co-members from this job
Pros
Ownership, stock share, 401K and all health care benefits.
Cons
Can't think of any cons
Distribution Support (Current Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Good place to work everyone gets along with one another. Steady work all year round. Learned that the company make great products. The management team is excellent. A lot of knowledge in the workplace.
work summary
line worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 22, 2014
A typical day consisted of line labor. I assembled the first three pieces of a file cabinet. I received plenty of overtime and I accepted all of it. We followed all OSHA rules and regulations and made sure our work area were clean and safe at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HON COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9