HONDA OF AMERICA

HONDA OF AMERICA Employer Reviews

productive and many opportunities for learning
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Anna, OHFebruary 16, 2015
I would go into work and go to my area I was assigned that day. I would inspect the product as it went through and then feed product through machine.
Appreciate the job and benefits to raise my 2 sons
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee), Marysville, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i liked working in a team atmosphere
Cons: lack of promotionsand advancement for women
Very good place too work with people. Got to work on many improvements and saved the company lots of money. Like the basic philosophy of the company and its priniciples. LOVED WORKING WITH THE JAPANESE!
Die maintenance at Honda was an excellent place to work
Stamping die specialist (Former Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Start at 6:30 with team meeting and review line problems and die repairs. I had a zone to cover which was one press line I was responsible for but also covered others as needed. Also had a job assignment(s) in the die maintenance area which could have been any number of die related repairs or maintenance. We communicated by radio. Had close interaction with management. Co-workers worked well with each other helping each other out as needed.
Management can not be trusted.
Maintenance (Former Employee), East Liberty OHJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management is untrustworthy. human resources are horrible.
Management is untrustworthy. Human resources are horrible.
good
Inventory sheet and give it to the manager (Former Employee), Marysillve,OhioDecember 19, 2014
its a big place.its a good work place and it good.you meet alot of people and its a good envierrment,
As good as it gets for the job type.
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Marysville, OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, coworkers, pay and benefits
Cons: hard-pressed to come up with any
A typical day at work involves showing up, going over a team meeting, and getting to work at one of the many processes you'll learn. At some point you'll also be showing new employees the ropes.

It's a team environment so you learn a good deal about team work and because of the nature of the job you tend to develop long lasting relationships with coworkers.

Management was fantastic. The team leaders and managers were all helpful and enthusiastic about producing a quality product.

It's a physical job, so excessive repetition of certain processes could lead to some wear and tear on the body. Learning the processes anew with new model years could be challenging.

Coworkers and the team environment. The schedule, pay, and benefits are also excellent.
I learned how to assembly parts and inspect them also.
Production (Former Employee), Anna, OHDecember 12, 2014
I loved working there. I was treated equally and good. I enjoyed the associates I worked with. They were all very helpful. I feel I was paid for the tasks I did.
Productive work place
Production (Current Employee), Anna, OhioAugust 28, 2014
A factory that make various components of the Honda vehicle.
People treated poorly
Associate (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJuly 19, 2014
Not recommended. Takes advantage of younger generation, neglect of personal well being.
A very stable job with emphasis on quality and teamwork, and encourages associates to bring new ideas to the table.
(Associate) Laborer (Former Employee), Marysville, OHJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits are exceptional. pride in workmanship.
Cons: very physical and fast paced.
A typical day at work: In a typical day you will come to your process and inspect quality, equipment, and ensure you have enough product to begin process. You will then begin process and ensure quality assembly in a fast pace environment in the time allowed. Working as a team to complete the process.

What I learned: Learning new things and taking on new challenges is very rewarding, Problem solving is a team effort, and diversity of ideas helps meet and exceed goals.

My co-workers: This job has a very diverse, fun and creative group of people I was blessed to work with.

The hardest part of this Job: This is a very physical fast paced job.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The pride we take in putting out a quality product and being able to input ideas to improve that quality.
Very productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), East Liberty, OHJune 4, 2014
Pros: full lunch room. attendance bonuses
Cons: saturdays. only 1 lunchroom
Usually busy unless late truck issues. Make good use of time. Do good work to keep management happy. Freindly people. Keeping up. Lunch.
A great place to work
college student (Former Employee), Troy, OHMay 8, 2014
Processed dealer returns. Enjoyed working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Typical factory environment. You can go there to work and avoid drama, or you can be the drama.
Assembler (Former Employee), Marysville, OHMarch 22, 2014
This was the hardest physical work I have ever done, but also very rewarding. I learned so much and was pushed beyond my limits to realize that I am capable of more. The hardest part of the job was learning new things while keeping up with the pace of the assembly line and staying away from drama.
The most enjoyable part was taking pride in being a part of one of the leading auto manufacturing facilities in America and going home at the end of the day knowing you put in a full day of hard work. There is a definite satisfaction in that.
a nice place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee), Marysville, OHFebruary 28, 2014
a typical day was very repetitive but i learned shipping procedures that i did not know when hired. management was ok and my co workers were great. the hardest part of the job was i walked about 10 to 15 miles a day. the most enjoyable part of the day is when i worked alone
Hardworking Job
Engine Line Associate (Former Employee), Marysville, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Lifting and keeping up on line. I learned to help other associates that are behind. My co workers were very friendly and nice. Hardest part of job was lifting parts. The most enjoyable part was being around my co workers.
Productive and busy
Assembly (Current Employee), Marysville, OhioFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: overtime the extra money
Cons: tired and exhausted from overtime but it payoff at the end of the day
Predictable never know what the day will be like in automotive plant. Managing associates can be stressful for team leaders depending on the call-offs of people and how production is flowing in the day.
Productive place to work with sports center, health fairs, excellent insurance, attendence bonus and a yearly bonus.
Associate (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, insurance, co-workers, sport center.
Cons: n/a
Busy from start of day til finish. Productivity with safety is of most importance. Learned the importance of each individual and their part to maintain the goal of the team. Hand picked to work on special projects and traveled to Japan to continue learning job process for Honda. The hardest part is the information input of downtime. Enjoy helping new trainees learn how to save cycle time on their processes.
Hardworking
Assembler (Former Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good to employees
Cons: stressful at times hardworking very physical
Nice place to work with good people. They are giving to their employees.
new model install, upgrades
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Anna, OHDecember 20, 2013
11 years experience
each day would bring different challenges
work without much management support
developed a close bond with many co-works
time frame to complete installs was a challenge
Very productive company
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE (Former Employee), Anna, OHDecember 14, 2013
Pros: provided uniforms and all safety equipment needed
Cons: 3rd shift
Worked 3rd shift had approximately 500 plus employees in the plant. I learned alot about repetitive injuries and occupational health. My co-workers were the employees in the plant they were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the training that the gave us I enjoyed learning new things.

1 2 3