Honda Employee Reviews

Found 1,589 reviews matching the search
very Productive
Fan Cover Maker (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 28, 2017
There were nights where we came up short on our product. Working at night time seems to go by real fast. I've learned a lot about lawn mowers and how they are made. We also made generators as well. The management was ok to some point. The work culture was great it was a mixture of black, white, and Hispanic people. Most enjoyable would be the people that you worked with.
Great Money but Management needs a lot of work
Assembly associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 28, 2017
The pay is awesome but Honda makes rules as they go...moto used to be qualty then production but they have lost that in terms of their product. The quality of the product is no longer there and i blame that on part on the management. Its more of a race to see how many cars can be built in a day and not so much on quality anymore. Plus the company has quit taking care of its employees! No pension plan, pay for health care, and good luck taking medical days off if needed, their HR department is a joke. Also you have to wait 6 years to make top pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
6 years to reach max pay
Great work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALMay 26, 2017
This was a great work environment and I enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I had everyday tasks to complete and a certain production numbers had to reach.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Swing shifts
Labor intensive place to work
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHMay 26, 2017
You do one job for 2 hours, and then switch to a different job for the 2 hours; then you take a lunch and do the same thing for your remaining 4 hours. This job is very labor intensive, but you do get paid very well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard labor
Parts Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 25, 2017
Learning about automobile was great and furthering my customer service skills.The work place culture was very exciting and fast past.
The hardest part of the job a was the lack of pay and support.
Pros
Furthering my customer service skills
Cons
lack of a living wage in Boston.
Productive Place to Work
BDC Representative (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 25, 2017
Internet Sales Department taking incoming new leads and calling, emailing and texting customers, answering incoming calls. Day or Night shifts and Saturdays are a must. Very stressful work environment.
Fast paced and repetitive
Auto Assembly (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INMay 24, 2017
Honda was repetitive and fast paced. I learned 20+ processes and many different machine operations. Management is a rotating door, especially team coordinators. The hardest part of the job is break times and having bathroom issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was the plant shutdowns.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
overworked for less pay than other Honda plants
Fast paced work place
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 24, 2017
-Fast paced with multiple tasks and duties.
-Some of the tasks are; meeting customers needs and objectives, following up with customers to finalize a sale and after the sale.
-Keep up with new training and new products being introduced into the market.
Pros
Great benefits, (health insurance, 401K).
Cons
Long hours, work weekends.
Enjoyable
Lathe Operator (Current Employee) –  Anna, OHMay 23, 2017
Honda is a great company to work for. Everyone is willing to teach you something new and able to help you further your career. I've been there less than a year and have already been moved around and taught new processes to help further myself at this company.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Really nothing to say here
Unreasonable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Management is the worse here. They overpromise and under deliver. This place made you feel that you can loose your job any day. I am happy that I got to leave.
Quality and Customer oriented, Friendly Workplace
Primary Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 22, 2017
I had a great experience with service department. The main goal was to be respectful to all customer and I learned how to achieve this goal as a member of service drive.
Overworked underappreciated
Assistant Stand Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 22, 2017
Though the main managers of Food and Beverage are good the managers you have to interact with more not only act as though they are superior to you they treat you like you poorly. Disliking management aside when working in F&B the work load is very high with large bursts of work fallowed by a fair amount of down time. Anyone looking to work in F&B be aware that you need to work harder then you are going to be getting paid. the work experience you gain from working with so many people and such a high pace is very valuable.
Pros
works well with busy scheduled such as other work/school
Cons
Low pay, seasonal work
A great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INMay 22, 2017
Its a clean and friendly place to work. They care about the employees and wanting to see all of their employees to succeed in life and willing to help you get there
Productive, always learning opportunities, workplace culture, good mentoring
Sr. BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raymond, OHMay 21, 2017
Productive, always learning opportunities, workplace culture, good mentoring; 40 hours work week; no work from home for more than once a week; uniform provided; white uniform; gym, car servicing, gas station
Easy going job, okay work enviroment
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAMay 21, 2017
I loved the job itself and most of the employees, the management could be improved. I also find it strange that I was laid off from what I was told was "budget cuts", but they continue to hire new employees after I left.
Cons
Managment
Great carreer for 14 years
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OhioMay 21, 2017
Culture changed dramatically in 2012. North American management took over senior leadership and company direction changed from a strong quality focus to 100% cost driven initiatives. Sacrifice all to save a penny!
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
current leadership vision
work hard for flats and mini deals and a bonus program that impossible to reach
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 20, 2017
its a laidback atmosphere pay is on time but very little gross lots of mini deals and flats looking to make 6 figures this is not the place to be unless you sell tons of flats good luck!
Pros
laidback atmophere
Cons
Two Many Flats at sticker price
Inventory and ship/receiving coordinator
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 19, 2017
Responsibilities included organizing and distributing inventory for Honda and Acura motor companies. Other requirements also included operation of heavy equipment.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
Factory work environment
Good place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 19, 2017
Highly paid but physically demanding. Management was better then current employer. I left because I have severe arthritis making work difficult. Two 10 minute breaks an unpaid half hour lunch. Lots of parking but unless you get there really early, parking will not be close to the building
Pros
High pay
Cons
Very physically demanding.
Fun place to be
Inspection/sorting (Former Employee) –  Anna, OHMay 19, 2017
Quick paced. Non judgemental. Very awesome people. They show you around your first time in there. You get to know who you work with and sometimes their very nice and explain things to you.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Normal breaks but sometimes short