Honda Employee Reviews

Found 1,338 reviews matching the search
If you're willing to sacrifice your time and your families time for the money this is the place for you
Team Coordinator/Robot Programmer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 20, 2017
This could be one of the greatest places to work in Alabama however the management philosophy is not good at all. The management puts the daily production numbers ahead of quality and safety every day it's a wonder someone hasn't been killed out there yet. It's not surprising that their JD power rankings are as bad as they are
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management. Too much overtime not leaving enough time for family
Fun and Frustration
Client advisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 20, 2017
Best pay plan any salesman could ever ask for. Not a lot of traffic during the week and it is a low volume store. This place is very disorganized and there is no such thing as teamwork here. The people that you work with here are amazing people but there is next to no structure here. Also, they will do anything to make sure that you do not your bonus i.e. changing the pay plan
Pros
free lunches and great coworkers
Cons
disorganized, slow, and shady
Great place to meet serve the customer
Product Specialist and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 20, 2017
Honda Marysville is a good family friendly atmosphere. The customer is always taken care of no matter what. Overall, a good place to work and to be apart of.
Easy job
Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2017
The are opportunities for advancement. They like to higher from within but there's only so far you can get which would me a supervisor. I started off as a counter worker making 12.25 then moved up to cashier making 12.75. After I had my own portable making the same amount of money as cashier but you were in charge of your own little stand. From there I moved up to Assistant Lead making 13.50 but later that was removed so now there are just Leads making 14.50. The salary is good but the only downside to the job is that it is event based. Meaning that you will not work full-time. There are some days where you work two days to seven days on a two week pay period. Management is nice. Very friendly. They do not allow you to have an unnatural hair color. No acrylic nails unless they are french tips or a nude natural color. You cannot have nail polish on. Beards trimmed and groomed. Uniform is a chefs coat, black pants (not skinny), non-slip shoes, and black cap. Hair needs to be tied up in a bun. The have paid sick leave even for part time employees. Other than that not too many benefits at all. Easy job but hardly any hours. Employees do not get discounts at all. If they catch you at an event that you have requested off they will fire you. They do give free lunches to only employees within concessions. Trust me, you'll get tired of the food. They do not pay for lunch breaks. During the months of April to ends of October there is hardly any work. I've had to be without working for around 3 months straight.
Pros
Paid- sick leave for part time employees
Cons
Not many hours, No discounts, No good benefits
sucks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 19, 2017
this is a place of employment that is going downhill and fast. the moral and team that you work with on a daily basis is morbidly disfunctional
Excellent people, commission based
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I love my coworkers and the cars that I sell. But be prepared to work long hours and really push yourself to meet your goals and earn your paycheck. The managers at Honda North are excellent people, and they are very understanding.
The hardest part of this job is that you will need to be there and actively pushing to make your paycheck worth it.
too much production and rush
Machine Operator - Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Swepsonville, NCJanuary 18, 2017
a typical day at work is to make the numbers, like any other manufacturing business the number are way too important.not the best place to work unless you are friend with who ever is running the show...
Pros
salary i guess
Cons
no change to go up
Good job!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAJanuary 17, 2017
I had a good time working there hoping to go back an work there because I of the good pay, and the co-workers there are great! It's just a great environment for me and I fill like I belong there!
Pros
Good pay, great co-workers!
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging Position
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Enjoyed being responsible for the daily deposit. Employees were very enjoyable to work with. Employees work at their own pace as long as the job gets done.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Healthcare
General Associate, PSQ, QC, zone leader (Current Employee) –  Russells Pt, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Honda is a great company to work for. Great pay, great benefits. Education reimbursement, pay for work shoes, uniforms, reimbursement for stop smoking aids. They do a lot for their employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Shift you work, advancement opportunities are not what one would hope they'd be
Great place to do an Internship I loved it
Internship (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I loved it there. They seemed to be kind to Internships and there were quite a few from school there at the same time. Good opportunity.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
no feedback from employees
Innovative and fast paced environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Honda is a very innovative company determined on producing the highest quality products. The company provides great opportunity for advancement and offers tremendous benefits.
Great and stable job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I've worked with other OEM's and Honda beats them without a doubt. Fun and supportive management that wants to to excel in your career. I consider myself very lucky to work here.
Good pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INJanuary 14, 2017
Honda was a great paying job. The temporary agency I worked through was very helpful and encouraging. I felt that the agency was very strict on missed sick days considering it took an employee on average a year or two to get full time status.
Amazing Work Place
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INJanuary 11, 2017
Everything about working at Honda Manufacturing was amazing from the time that you walked in to the time you had to clock out. If the plant wasn't so far away from where I lived I would still work for Honda.
Pros
Great workplace, Amazing Benefits, Good amount of Holiday Vacation
productive and educational workplace
Frame Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJanuary 10, 2017
Time management very critical. Educational workplace and enjoyable. Friendly co-workers. Management team was friendly and always eager to assist.
Honda of Kenosha
Service Advisor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 10, 2017
My direct manager is a good manager and good person. Many people there are. The industry is not a fun industry. I don't think many people like the work. I haven't been there long. It seems mostly fair - expectations are mostly reasonable.
Pros
clean work - no heavy lifting; meeting people
Cons
industry not conducive to promoting values, "helping" people borders paradox
The people made the work better. it was very harsh on my body and for me veing so young i want to be abke to experience life.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 10, 2017
I wasn't able to do very much. Lots of overtime which I expected. I was so tired I wasn't able to do hardly anything. I was falling asleep at random places
It is my opinion that the compensation for working on the line at Honda is too low.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 9, 2017
To begin as an assembly associate at Honda of America Manufacturing you have to go through a temp agency. You have no health benefits and the repetition of the job is extremely taxing to your body no matter what your physical condition already is.
streamlined Auto manufacturing
Auto Assembler and team coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJanuary 9, 2017
Very precise environment and very repetitive procedures but you rotate every two hours.....
Great benefits and pay once you reach full time and permanent status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda. Our community is ready to answer.