Honey Baked Ham Employee Reviews

productive and prosperous working environment with great co-workers and management.
Glazer (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This a great Company to work for. The management is very hands on, and your allowed to grow in your job experience. Co-workers are very helpful and goal oriented toward making the Company the best and elite of its kind. The workplace environment is very laid back and employees are encourage to learn as they work, while enjoying the actual work.
Pros
Your work hours and days are flexible.
Cons
sometimes the hours are only 4 hours for 3 days only.
This job was great for me it was just seasonal and I wish it could have been longer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville MichiganJanuary 16, 2017
This job was seasonal very long lines that was doing Thanksgiving and Christmas break so we had to move at a fast pace and keep everybody with smiling faces
Pros
You got gift counts on the holidays for ham and size
Cons
The Lions could give very long in a little while
Good company to work for
FULL-time employment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2017
A family owned and operated business with focus on family values. My department (catering and gifting) was eliminated, however a great company to work for.
Pros
family owned culture
Cons
job stability
fun
Seasonal Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work fulfilling peoples wants and needs and making sure the work environment was suitable for working. making people happy fulfilling their orders.
Overall good work envirment
Seasonal Counter/ Back End worker (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GA 30281January 15, 2017
It is a good place to work, they are kind and understanding people. You stay busy but they make sure you get plenty of breaks during your shift. THE management is decent, but they tend to let their closer friends at the job do the easier work and the others get the grunt work,
Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Honey baked ham was a loving place. Everyone was super nice and helpful and they take care of there needs. Everyone is very out going
Taste like ham
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2017
It was seasonal job but it was worth it. I worked by myself at the kayos in Bilo store.The Bilo employees was great with me. The hardest part was eating the ham sample. I was selling honey baked ham and turkey for the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
free ham sample
Cons
pay
Interesting job
Glazer (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Generally fun experience but was never paid the hourly wage I was promised during the interview. The whole time I brought up my issue they would say it will be taken care of and it never was. Then Everytime I asked I was given various excuses that changed every week.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Sketchy management
great work place with the chance to learn different skills needed in food service
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 8, 2017
a typical day consisted of learning how to use the equipment for spiraling and glazing hams. re-stocking shelves and display cases with food items, greeting and assisting customers with purchases while insuring staff followed company's policy of great customer care.
Pros
great staff, pay, hours, and free lunch
Cons
only seasonal work
Christmas Eve
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Christmas Eve at Honey Baked Ham was like black Friday. We had lines coming from everywhere. We were literally busy for 8 hours none stop. I was fun and exciting, yet tiring but I enjoyed my time. During that time I was working 12 hours shifts back to back each and everyday except Christmas Day. I even did it all the way to New Years Day. I actually got to run the store a little by myself.

Want to know more about Honey Baked Ham?

Ask a question
Fun Environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
The job is easy to handle and the hours are good. I think the hardest part is learning new things just for the holiday season.
Pros
lunch breaks are awesome
Cons
may have to work long hours
Exciting fast paste work environment.
Commercial sales and new business development (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJanuary 5, 2017
Typical work day is setting up your computer for business. Check your email to see if there are any questions, quotes, or sales to be closed. Do follow up emails and calls. Keep track of the day because time will get away from you.
Pros
Freedom to make decissions when needed.
Cons
Its only seasonal
Gotta love ham
Catering/Gifting Seasonal Associate (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Seasonal employee. Simple tasks. Manager runs a tight shift. Just do your job and you will get through. Got a free ham during the holiday. Coworkers were fun to work with.
great pay great job
flame meat,Kitchen management (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 5, 2017
they would work with never quick to fire at all and the pay was at 9.50 paid every two weeks very laid laid back place would love to go back
Awesome seasonal job
Numerous Seasonal & Part-time (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked for this company during the holiday season after I graduated college, and it was a fun job. The people were friendly and I truly enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Very fun work environment.
Cons
It was only a seasonal position.
Fun and energetic
Glazer / kitchen work (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Nice fun energetic working environment with a opportunity of self grow with each up coming season, where every season it's a new start and a new challenge.
Pros
I would get free lunch
Cons
Seasonal
Productive fast past and fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 1, 2017
Productive fast past and fun. The hardest part at work is the environment is cold and the job was seasonal. I liked working with the group of people hired on for this season.
Pros
fast past
Cons
Low wages and cold
Salt Mine
Lackey (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 1, 2017
What can I say, it's a retail establishment and all of the issues and complaints of any retail company are true here as well. Was glad to leave when a competitor offered a better opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
exellent work place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 29, 2016
under control management, excellent work place, faced paced
and the ability to move up. good management . perfect for a first time employee
Pros
free lunches
Productive, fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2016
We had to finished things in the time allowed. So we would always be working fast paced. Also we would get free lunches every day in order for us to stay in good overall health.
Pros
Free Lunches, free ham for the holiday.
Cons
Short Breaks, minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honey Baked Ham. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3