Honey Baked Ham Employee Reviews

Relaxed yet competitive environment for driven goal oriented people.
Glazer (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYNovember 18, 2017
HoneyBakedHam Co. is a great company for those who are positive, friendly and have a passion for doing the best and being the best. The staff is friendly and committed to excellence.
Seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 17, 2017
It was a great first job and great to get your foot in the door to start working. seasonal is high paced but easy and discounts for the season and ham
Great Place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTNovember 15, 2017
Honey Baked Ham has to be one of my favorite jobs I've had yet! My coworkers and manager have been very nice and have assisted me whenever I needed help. It tends to get very busy around lunch time and gets stressful. As long as you can keep your composure while working, it is an overall great place to work.
Holiday season earning and assisting customers with their holiday planning.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is waiting until near 11 AM for the lunch orders to begin coming in. It'll be steady busy until almost 1 PM and then slows down quickly. At 1 o'clock we begin restocking what ever set-ups were lessened during lunch. We restock those and are gone by 2 PM. During the holidays we are busier throughout the day and within the week of a holiday we are busy from open until close. I learned how to take orders for reservations over the phone. The management is really laid back UNTIL the week of a holiday then they become a little more tense. It's a small shop and during the holidays there are A LOT more employees around. From a staff of 5 regularly to a staff of twenty during the holidays. The hardest part of the job is manuvering in small spaces with a lot of employees and customers in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being an essential component of the customers happy holidays.
Pros
Most customers are happy and excited when they pick up their orders.
Cons
There can be some confinement issues regarding space in the store during the holidays.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHNovember 9, 2017
Very fast work place. Guaranteed work hours. A well organized factory. They work with you schedule & are very understanding l. Discounted goods & good management
Fun to glaze the hams!
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZNovember 8, 2017
There was a lot of work to do in the seasonal times at Honeybaked Ham, which led to fast days and fun times. If you were able to keep up, Honeybaked Ham was not too bad of a place to work.
Pros
Glazing hams / peers
Cons
Stacking heavy boxes
A laid back slow environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2017
It was slow on some days then the holiday season it was fast pace.the employee was friendly and easy to work with.
I like my hours but could have use more hrs
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 5, 2017
You learn so much at working at honey backed ham I learned the difference between hams how long u have to refidgerat and sit at room temperature.. I also learned which type of ham people use for soups.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Highly stressful.Would not recommend it.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 2, 2017
This is a Franchise location.It was a fun place to work during the off season. But at the Holidays as a manager I worked 78 hrs. a week.I was required to work open to close for a month and a half during the holiday season. It was very stressful. I was unable to employ sufficient employees to fill positions to run store.
I love Working at Honeybake ham.I be so EXCITED waking up and going into work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 1, 2017
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE working at Honey Bake Ham, I wish I had known about this company twenty years ago.I would have NEVER been a Manager for another company.I'm here now and staying until I retire.
Pros
The Customers are soooooNice, Discounts, and the work hours give you a life outside of work.
Cons
No Cons
great business terrible managment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 1, 2017
the job itself is very easy paced. maria the asst manager is great. patrick the manager however is rude and very unprofessional. he brings the place down. the food is good and easy to prepare.
Very Unorganized
Cashier/Sales Associate/Sandwich Line (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2017
This place was a wreck when I worked here. Coworkers were disrespectful, managers were unorganized, and the over-all workspace was a mess a majority of the time. If you're looking to work here, be prepared for the unexpected.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJOctober 31, 2017
During holiday times this company could be super chaotic and a super fun place to work all at the same time but under all conditions you must be a people's person with the willingness to help others and lots of patience.
it was a good learning experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 30, 2017
at the beginning it was great! The boss was awesome. then after she left the team went down hill. mainly cause of poor management. i was told from my first Manager there that, "team work makes the dream work". and i really valued that. but until she left and we had a new manager it didn't even seen that; that was still apart.
Pros
Cons
to many
Wonderful company
Pop-Up Retail Supervisor, (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2017
Seasonal, part-time.
Great company!
Management is great.
Holidays are busy. Great atmosphere.
Hardest part of job is that the product gets heavy.
I love working there.
It's not that bad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 25, 2017
The manager needs to learn how to speak to people. The co workers need to learn to work As a team or do their own individual jobs and let each other be. It's definitely not a place for friends
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad attitudes
Only good for extra cash at the holidays
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 20, 2017
Management is awful. I would only recommend this job if you work part time at the holidays for some extra cash. The best part of the job are the customers. It's very rewarding to provide service to those who greatly appreciate your assistance.
Honey bake ham
Cashier-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MS 39157October 18, 2017
Honey baked ham was a seasonal job for me. I performed the duties as a sales associate and a sandwich maker. I was pregnant with my son at the time, they were very patient and understanding.
Pros
Operation there is great
Cons
No cons
honey baked ham sampler
sampler (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 16, 2017
very very fast paced environment. especially during the holidays we would have 100s of people come to the store and purchase hams. it was so fun to work at and the people were always pleased with my free samples that i would give to them.
fun workplace
Food Prep/ BOH (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the environment and if your just trying to make a few extra dollars this would be the job. You are able to get discounts for the ham and turkeys, glazing is a fun job put have to have the willpower to stand for long periods of time.
Pros
free lunch/ discounts
Cons
hard labor