Honeybee Robotics is looking for a whip-smart, conscientious Robotics Controls Engineer to join our team. This position is hourly to start with salary potential. Please read thoroughly before applying!
- Creating control algorithms for multi-DOF robots
- Quantitatively assessing complex electro-mechanical devices via FMECA, fault tree, reliability, and related analyses
- Create fault detection, fault recovery, and safety algorithms
- Develop human-robot interfaces for complex systems that enable simple, intuitive tele-operation and supervised
- autonomy control modes
- Supporting mechanical, electrical, and software integration of robotic prototypes including debug and test phases
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills both written, verbal, and have the ability to clearly present to larger
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 0-5 years working as a robotics controls engineer including all phases of development including requirements analysis, design, process development, and validation testing
- Proven record of developing mechatronic systems for conceptualization through delivery
- C, C++, Visual Studio .net, MatLab, and LabVIEW programming languages
- Integrating CAN, Serial, Modbus, Ethernet, and custom communication protocols
- Integrating peripheral SDKs (e.g. motor controllers, instruments)
- Programming in the following environments: Windows, Linux QNX,VxWorks
- Programming embedded targets including FPGAs, DSPs, and microcontrollers
- RTOS application development
- Motion control programming (e.g. PID control, path planning & interpolation, etc.)
- Kinematics and dynamic systems modeling
- Automated data acquisition, reduction, feature extraction, and analysis
- BS (MS preferred) in in electrical engineering, computer science, robotics or related field.
- US Citizenship is required per government contract requirements.
Does this sound like you? To apply, please use our online submission form.
Our application process includes an assessment and will take approximately 45 minutes.
Honeybee was founded in 1983 as a systems integrator using off-the-shelf robots; we quickly gained a reputation for our innovative design...