Honeywell
1,390 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Senior Business Program Management Analyst
Senior Business Program Management Analyst (Current Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 4, 2015
Organize programs and establishe the most effective, efficient, and agile organizational alignment possible to meet current and projected program requirements. Analyze, evaluate, and make recommendations on the effectiveness of programs and resources against current and future Marine Corps and MCIA requirements and operational demands. Provide oversight in the development of long-range plans and strategies supporting MCIA’s mission, and the formulation and implementation of objectives, programs, and policies for MCIA.
Honeywell
Assembly / Test Technician (Current Employee), phoenix az.March 4, 2015
Pros: good hours, alot of over time and good people.
Honeywell is a good place to work if your permanent but most of the time you have to start as a temp and sometimes you dont get hired and it takes 6 months to go back but its worth it if you like working with your hands and building engines.
High stress
Lead Test Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: availibility of training
Cons: honeywell does not grow organically, rather growth is through acquisition.
Working at Honeywell is like working at any other large corporation. Work loads can be intense at times but do average out over time. Toward the end of projects management decides to get involved and help complete the project on time.
Your co-workers that are local to your facility are easy to work with and you feel a responsibility to them to go above and beyond.
Honeywell International Inc. Culture and Working Environment
Assistant (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: challenging and diversified working environment.
Cons: poor management with no accountability, not replacing lower level employees while hiring more management and executives, horrible benefit plans, inconsistent policies and procedures throughout the company
Administrative Responsibilities: I like the challenges and diversified day to day operations. Everyday is a different with learning experience.

Honeywell is Fortune 100 company. I learned a lot and throughout my employment. It has been a great learning experience and growth opportunity.

For the most part the co-workers at the company are great to work with. However, there are some that do not have enough responsibilities. As a result, some employees are inundated with work while some searched the internet or talk on the phone for majority of the day.

The company keeps hiring managers and executives. They reduced the census for lower level positions. The management team has figured out a way to hire more consultants for projects while paying excessive fees for their work. They were able to add headcount without going through the proper approval process. Since the economy downturn, the company knows they can keep the census low because employees are hesitant to look for a new job. The company watches their bottomline focusing more on their shareholders then their employees.

The management team and executives of the company expect too much from their employees. The management team is not held accountable for mistakes and/or poor management skills. There is not a good work/life balance. There are different rules for employees depending on the manager they support.

Additionally, based on an employee's level within the company the health benefits vary. Executives get great benefits while lower level employees pay more for insurance. The insurance plan Honeywell offers employees – more... is a high deductible plan. There are no other insurance options to choose from. Additionally, employees pay a high weekly contribution. The high deductible plan makes it extremely hard to cover out of pocket expenses. When an employee encounters an expected (e.g., having a baby) or unexpected medical issues, they have no choice to pay the high deductible. Each employee is required to participate in yearly health assessment. If an employee agrees to the health assessment the company will give them a predetermined amount of money in their HSA account. If an employee does not agree to the health assessment (due to confidentiality concerns) they are required to pay higher premiums for their insurance. The company does not always give increases to employees during the annual review period. Even though they work hard, receive additional work and their responsibilities are always increased. The executives and management team does get pay increases and decent bonuses even with the amount of money they already make. During the economies downturn they reduced the 401(k) match to 0%. Even though the company's revenue has increased they still did not increase the 401(k) match to 100%. They only increased it to 50%.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some great co-workers. Most of them are extremely helpful and care for one another. Some co-workers offer to help those that have too much work to do and not enough time to do it in. Unfortunately, as expected in any company, there are some that do not have enough responsibilities. As a result, some employees are inundated with work while some searched the internet or talk on the phone for majority of the day. – less
Not the best management team
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: god pay and benefits
Cons: poorly run union and lack of management/employee interaction
It has been several years since I have worked for Honeywell so I'm not sure if this review is accurate for today.

This was a union job with a poorly run union. A typical day consisted of doing your job and your job only and when you are done with your work, you sit and ride the clock until quitting time. I absolutely hated this. I did not make any friends with other union members because I am a firm believer in giving the company you work for a full day of work. I believe that just because your job is, it doesn't mean to sit down and watch others work. I finished my job then went to help anyone else that needed help finishing their work. this didn't go over well with the union members. But Texas is a right to work state and I was not required to be a part of their union, so I wasn't.

Management was too worried about their production numbers and profit to worry about the problems in the back.

I did learn quite a bit working there for 6 years. I learned how to run a DCS (Distributive Control System) to run chemical purification processes. I learned how to control a waste water treatment system to ensure that everything we sent to the city sewer was treated properly and at the proper PH when it left.

I was a good place to learn about shift work and how to adjust your family life to accommodate your job. I still missed holidays, birthdays and kids games but, it was part of the job..

I learned a good bit about shipping and receiving hazardous materials and warehousing. I learned how to properly load chemicals on a truck for shipment, how to block between different chemicals and how to even out the weight across the entire trailer
Leader in Aerospace and Defense products
Electronic Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), clearwater, flFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: working on inovative products
Cons: healthcare, slow promotion rate
Fast paced working environment. A great place to be to work on innovative Aerospace and Defense products. Management style depends entirely on the ambitions of the manager and this can make or break ones career. Regarding co-workers, same as any other workplace. a work center is only as strong as the weakest link. The hardest part of the job is recognition. The most enjoyable part is knowing that at the end of the day your work contributed to future generations.
huge compny
Electronic Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: tired going no-where job
Been employed there way to long. Company does not care for their employees. No medical, no raises, no incentive. Just trying to retire out.
Fast pase work place, good experience and fun
Electrical/ Electronic Engineering teck II (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: nice place to work at
Cons: too big
A lot of new things to learn every day from troubleshooting, test and evaluation and analyzing test results. A lot of planning and coordination of work between team members. the hardest part is that too much work that require completion on time, but due to the limited number of the employees in the team some times it results to the increase of the back-log. the overall condition of the work is acceptable.
A good place to work
HTSI Test Branch / Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management and job culture is very supportive.
An intense and dynamic work environment. Software Solutions oriented company - a good career choice for young people with a knowledge of C++ and Oracle Scripting.
PPC Analyst II
PPC Analyst II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Sometimes they have employee appreciation give aways
Cons: healthcare costs
There are weekly and monthly reports that are due respectively. I work with a diverse team that includes management, program manager, engineers, quality, etc.
Productive Workplace
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Honeywell is a productive workplace that is very fair to it's employees. A place that's gives you every opportunity to succeed and advance within it's work environment.
Government Contractor
Federal Contractor (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: commute, strict lunch schedule
I currently work in a high pressure, fast paced environment. I currently work with a small group of coworkers to handle a large group of visitors, paperwork of various kinds, and various secretarial duties. My favorite part of the job is interacting with various people throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking with strict deadlines for the tasks.
Nice Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee), USAFebruary 21, 2015
Management is Flexible and Schedule is Accomodating
CoWorkers are Very Knowledgeable and Willing to Assist Where Needed
System Sensor is a pinnacle Honeywell Lean Manufacturing site
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Founded in 1984, acquired by Honeywell in 2000 - 155,100 square ft.

System Sensor is one of Honeywell's pinnacle lean manufacturing sites thanks to my staff, peers and I leading “lean” transformation through successful Kaizen events and driving continuous improvement in order to produce sophisticated products in high variety and volumes. We implement poke-yoke, automation and flexible work cells to achieve outstanding productivity and quality.
Great Benefits
Supply Technician (Former Employee), OCONUSFebruary 20, 2015
Great compensation and a great group of individuals. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with the weather. The best part of the job was Surf and Turf Fridays.
Systems Engineering at Honeywell Aerospace
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: challenging work, strong team building, international experience
Cons: compensation, advancement opportunities, benefits
Everyday presented a new challenge that had me jumping out of my bed to greet each morning. I worked with amazing individuals who made my job both enjoyable and educational; there was never a lack of original ideas when it came to our discussions about solving important issues. Working in such an environment was enlightening and provided daily opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer.

I lead a team of technicians as well as international engineering resources towards design, development, procurement, assembly, test and delivery of multi-million dollar avionic test rigs. I worked daily with international and domestic airframers managing their requirements and ensuring that these requirements were integratable and within scope of budget. It was hard work managing people in all these different time-zones but there was always a rewarding moment to be had.

The most enjoyable experiences came from working with international teams. I traveled abroad meeting and working with top-notch minds and had the opportunity to break bread at their homes, learning about their cultures first hand. It was a period of my life I will always hold dear.
Management is in need of Replacement
Senior Quality Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything mentioned above
Unclear jobsite duties, poor project management skills, unhappy employees
Installed and serviced many types of systems, including Building controls, Life safety systems and also tested
A good place to earn a living for your family
Plant Electrician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working in my field of education that i studied.
Cons: the cons was wanting to extend your knowledge and individuals not wanting to work together.
As a typical day started at 6;30 am ended at 3;00pm. Depending on you what you wanted to learn was on you shoulders meaning you got out what you put in to it. I always felt communications between maintenance and management could of used improvement. My co-workers always was pretty good. The hardest part of the job was sitting back and watching my job disappear. The most enjoyable part of it was the satisfaction fixing and repairing a piece of machine.
Great Experience
Materials Scheduler (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: not micromanaged
Cons: benefits are not that great
Honeywell has been a great experience. Good company and great people to work with. They challenge you to think outside the box and come up with ideas to make your job easier and more efficient.
Loved defense and working on the shuttle
Material Management/Anaylist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: salary, dynamic environment, defense work
Cons: only lasted 3 months
Dynamic Material Planning Contract only position for three months, however, excellent pay and very exciting.

Great people, private conference rooms for sensitive material, great cafeteria, challenging and rewarding work

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more