Honeywell
1,518 reviews

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Business Analyst
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 28, 2015
Pros: Training in SharePoint 2013 and Green Belt Six Sigma
Cons: I promarinly worked alone.
I enjoyed working for Honeywell. I was assigned projects and was given enought time to complete the task with out being pressures on time. They also allowed me to attend an course in SharePoint 2013, and earn my Green Belt in Six Sigma.
Allowed for various training and advancement.
Program Lead/Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Training and flexible work hours
Honeywell was another company that communicated well from top to bottom. Management provide training opportunities for one to advance and allowed flexible work hours to met bot employee and customer needs.
Great Place to Work
Coordinate Measurement Machine Programmer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
I would would here again. The work requires clearance, so there is nothing I can tell you, except I program CMM's in Calypso, both online and on the cmm.
Overall not a bad place to work.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 25, 2015
Pros: Professional growth
Cons: Benifits (or lack thereof), counterproductive internal culture.
There is definitely a lot of opportunity at Honeywell. I have been in involved in a lot of interesting projects that provided many opportunities for professional growth. Honeywell does encourage learning and development. There is very little technologies that they don't have their "hands" into.

Now comes the cons.

Working around rotating layoffs of operations personnel (going on 3 years of it now). Performing non value added tasks that generate data for those whose jobs are to watch metrics.

My experience with Honeywell has not all been bad. I had grown exponentially while working with the company. It has just evolved into an environment that is heavily burdened with a culture that at many times gets in their own way.
Small company purchased by a holding company for growth and subseqent selling after 5 years
TQM and Customer Satisfaction Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Small enough to be able to get most employees together for rallies.
Some exciting times for the first 4 years there. Engineering teams were engaged with continuous improvement, Manufacturing with Self Directed Work Teams, and new products were being created which kept everyone excited. Then, it was time to be sold, and the new owner did not value structured continuous improvement as much as maintaining their ISO 9000 status.
Lack of support in a constantly changing environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIMay 22, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: High ratio of temporary employees, Constantly changing leadership and direction, impossible metrics.
It is very difficult to hit a moving target. It is exponentially much more difficult if you are not given the right tools. My years with Honeywell has been a study in impossible metrics, balanced with eroding technical support. It is a proven formula to justify outsourcing that is working very well for this company.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
There's a lot of opportunities within Honeywell. Great environment and a company that cares about it as well. You can learn from many talented people since they like to share their knowledge and experience.
It's good place to work at this location
Supplier Quality Engineer Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay and benefits
Cons: The company's cost cutting always drive you crazy
The company is always keep putting pressure on the employees to be more productive and they always talk about the cost cutting that bothers each employee.
Great work enviorment, Nice people, Good pay
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMay 19, 2015
Pros: 9 shifts to pick from. Good pay and benefits.
Cons: The plant was closed down
Came in early to discuss what was needed for the day with previous shift lead. I organized employees to work on tasks that were needed most. Made sure each employee had the materials needed to do the jobs. If not I ordered the materials from another department. Worked close with management on any issues that came up that day.
Honeywell supported, maintained a safe and productive environment
Vehicle Mechanic/Classroom Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Strong Support from the whole Team
Cons: The inability to sometimes notice that strong start will end in a better product
I was able to travel throughout the United States and Europe in support of the U.S. Army and civilian personal in proper training, operation and maintenance of up armored vehicles in the units fleet. The typical work time develops a unique cohesion with fellow employees to produce the best product possible to achieve the highest goals. We could leave a site knowing that they had all the tools to deploy to a remote site and employ all their tools to survive any situation.
Productive, Knowledge sharing and fun place
Sr. Quality Engineer/ Product Engineer II (Former Employee), glendale, AZMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Time
Cons: Flexible Time
Productive, Knowledge sharing and fun place.
Good Management.
Team work.
Flexible time work.
professional environment work
Fun environment great work space and the management is great.
Technical support specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 17, 2015
Pros: good benifits and the job isn't phyically exausting.
Cons: sitting still and short breaks
I come in at 9:00am and work till 5:30. I answer questions that technicians call about our products. I have had several hours of customer support training. I have also learned about the security industry. I am proficient at troubleshooting burglary and fire panels.
I have a meeting with my manager once a month to check on my status. We go over numbers and what my strengths and weaknesses are. The hardest part about the job for me is not working with my hands. I am a very hands on person. I was a great challenge to over come helping someone with something I couldn't see. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the technicians in an efficient and timely manner. My coworkers are great, energetic, and an awesome team to work with.
A good place.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Franklin, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Days off around major holidays
Cons: no paid vacation days no paid holidays and 3 year contract with temp serv.
Honeywell is a great place to work with people and learning the skills of safety. I am only a temp and there is not a lot of room for advancement.
Challenging
Level III Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: short breaks, viscious old school employees.
Management prefers to hire certain ethnicities. They prefer to keep low pay employees and get rid of those costing them too much, even if they are qualified. Unless you grew up in the company, that is. The "old school" employees treat the new employees horribly.
You have to clock out for lunch, break times are very short when you consider that you have to clock out, go to your locker, get your lunch (there is no nearby cafeteria), wait to warm your lunch, eat your lunch, go back to your locker, get back to your work area and clock back in, all within a half hour. If you were to want to go to a cafeteria, you would need to go to another building (10 minutes), get your food, wait to pay for it (another 5-10 minutes) and still have time to walk another 10 minutes to get back to your locker, back to your work area and clock back in.
great place to work
Material Handler IV (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 13, 2015
great place to work but seeking full time employment
fast paced some make shift go by quick
lots of employees with 20+ years so makes it hard to get foot in the door
Great company but benefits not comparable to similar position in the area
administrative (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: nice people, beautiful office, nice roof deck
Cons: Long hours, little vacation, health care benefits, 401(k) match/vesting
Long work week (40 hour), Most admins take lunch at their desk. No 401(k) contribution for the first 12 months, match is only 4% and 0% vested until completion of year 3. Only 10 vacation days plus 1 floating holiday. ZERO ROLL OVER, use it or loose it in the calendar year. You get 5 extra days during holiday shutdown. No MLK day, no President's day. Health care is high-deductible. Check benefits before you accept a position.
lousy after buyout
Supervisor, Information Systems (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 12, 2015
let me use the education I got, & helped to pay for it.

independent projects as well as team projects were assigned

good benefits for a family.

pay was better than average.
QCS field
SIte Lead Technician 1985-2008 and 2010-Current (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: Career long employment possibility
Cons: 24/7 emergency call
Emergency 24/7 call responsibility takes it's toll even if you are fortunate enough to have an understanding industrial customer.
Not a good company to contract overseas with
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Leatherneck, AfghanistanMay 11, 2015
Company had been trying to get a contract renewed before I was to go over seas and didn't get it renewed till after I had been over seas for about 2 months. The management was not telling us anything on what was going on.
Fun and productive work place
call representive (Current Employee), Mendota, CAMay 8, 2015
Answering calls creating backlog, and confirmation reports. Training new hires on all aspects of prgram also. I enjoyed the work enviroment very busy and cowaokers were always smiling and cheerful

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more

Honeywell Salaries