Honeywell
1,324 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Unproductive and aged medical clinic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: no work load
The area I was placed was not productive or organized. I spent most of my days looking for things to do. There were so many possibilities but as a temporary employee I was not given access to the programs needed to accomplish the work.
A great place to expand my potential, meet new people and travel the world
Shipboard Engineer Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free exercise classes, great meals, wonderful people
Cons: family separation, communication expensive
Working for Honeywell Technology Solutions provided me the opportunity to work in the Marine Corps Prepositioning Program which allowed me to work onboard a large roll-on roll-off ship. I had the privledge of working on and maintaining U.S. Navy and Marine Corps heavy construction equipment. Our team was responsible for it's readiness in time of military need. The most difficult part of the job was transporting by hand eighty pound batteries up and down six decks. Team work was a must a great deal of the time. I learned that working on a ship with a small team provided me the opportunity to learn a great deal from each member. You definately learned what teamwork was all about. I loved my job and the people I worked for and with including all the Mariners on the ship. I felt it an honor and a privledge to work for the military once again. It was difficult being away from my family for up to six months at a time and three weeks vacation, however I had a wonderful family support system that helped a great deal. In addition to that I would take the launch boat onto the island after work and attend various fitness classes as well as the gym on board the ship. Exercising was a great morale booster.
Productive and Fun work place
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee), NJJanuary 22, 2015
Here am more learn with my Management and Co-Workers.in this company every day am enjoying with work.
Good experience
Engineer (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
This was a good company to work for. With many operations in different cities, there was room to grow and gain experience in many different things.
Long hours with decent pay.
Lineman/ Machine Operator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2015
My day starts at 6:00 pm and ends at 6:00 am. I am a machine operator producing personal protective equipment. My management is easy to get along with and do not micro-manage us. Co-workers are a blast to work with. Not the ideal job for everybody but it pays decent and has good benefits.
Contract Assignment.
Dell Desktop Support/Refresh Technician (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Helping corporate users through the refresh process and fix any technical problems that may arise.
Working at Honeywell is my 1st job after coming off of active duty.
Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 19, 2015
Honeywell has tough me how to work and manage personnel in the civilian sector, a lot of which I am use to from leading people in the military. Achieving my certification in Six Sigma has taught me how to eliminate waste by making a process better by incorporating all who are involved with the process. Working the off shift is helping to perfect my problem solving skills by asking critical/thought provoking questions amongst my leadership on shift. This mindset is allowing my team to be self sufficient and independent.
A lot of down time with no direction
Repair and Overhaul Support (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 18, 2015
A lot of work that needed done, but a supervisor that was not willing to get it done.
Bad management, lazy co-workers
Warehouse worker, picker (Former Employee), groveport, ohioJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: boots
Cons: inventory manager, trainer, supervisors, some co workers.
Was a temp job with opportunity to get hired after a year if your lucky. Lazy people get a way with murder, and hard workers have there assignment end. Leads were better than supervisors. Inventory manager made a hostile work environment by yelling at you in front of people. One of the main supervisors dont know his butt from his elbow. Low pay. They are more organized and now have scanners, pretty much the only con besides getting boots for 5 bucks.
Family Environment Workplace
Sr. Inside sales (Current Employee), Austell, Ga.January 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free training
Cons: incentives
A great Fortune 500 Company to work for. I have been Employed for 21 years with advancements during my 21 year history with ADI/Honeywell. Great Benefits and Great Co-workers to work with.
not hiring permanent employees
Electronic Technician III (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 13, 2015
No bad company to work for, the only downside is that the company is not hiring permanent employees anymore. Overall it is a huge and positive learning experience. The environment is very technical and people that works at this place is very knowledgeable. They spend a lot of time in the details and their product is superior to standard.
Good Company
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great stock performance, people
Cons: slow elimation of employee perks over the years
Honeywell is strong performing company. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you're willing to work hard, but you do have ability to work from home as needed if manager approves.
Jet engines for airlines OEMs
Commodity Manager Honeywell Phoenix Engines (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Sr buyer and commodity manager for Honeywelll negotiated contracts with 70 companies 300 Million Spend with Company, procured parts for jet engines outlines for commercial and military platforms
Work life balance
Distribution Requirements Planner (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Your work life balance depends on your boss. If your boss believes in having a great work life balance than so will you, other then that you're expected to be at work every day even though we can work from home.
Very demanding environment to work in.
Operator/Maintenance (Former Employee), Metropolis, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits if union -- health insurance, 401k, holiday pay and vacation pay.
Cons: if not union benfits unknown.
nuclear work that requires a government clearance. Shift work either 8 or 12 hours , 6 days a week.
Very cliche place to work
Warehouse (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: lots of chemicals may be reason for the bad attitudes
They don't like different or anyone new doing better than them
selves in the workplace.
no communication.
production and peacefull place to work in.
CNC lathe operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: big lunch room with alot of vending machines.
Cons: long distance from home.
Slow and stable place to work in, just a contract possition.
By paying for my education, it allowed me opportunities to further my career whether it at the organization or somewhere else
Product Leader (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 8, 2015
Good place to work, great teaming environment.
Program Management Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great people, good benefits.
Cons: outsourcing departments.
Trained people on Illustrated Parts Editor tool I helped develop. This tool is used for creating Illustrated Parts Lists and Provisioning reports. Provided documentation and reports to internal and external customers to support their product line. Worked on teams with the goal to develop and streamline processes. Worked daily to meet or exceed company goals. I enjoy working with people and getting them the best product, the best solution to their requests. My co-workers were an essential part of getting projects done, we all had our own expertise. At times one of the hardest parts of the job were finding the correct person to get data from. This was due to Honeywell being an international company and my department serviced worldwide programs.
Great Place to Work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), Kansas City MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: competitive, good management, communication
Cons: benefits
Have nothing negative to say about my experience working here at Honeywell. It has been a great transition job after I left the US Navy a year and a half ago. It has allowed me to take the knowledge I had and apply it to a civilian work force that is dedicated to the mission at hand and willing to work as a team to get the job completed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more