Honeywell
1,333 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

productive workplace
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the sewing process.

• Responsible for producing product type in the allotted time.

• Responsible for maintaining quality in completed products.

• Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals.

• Maintaining 5S of your work area.

Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or veteran status.
Great Place to Work.
Test Technician II (Former Employee), Oro Valley, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Worked 2nd shift. Built and tested electronic fuel controllers for the M1-A1 Abrams Tank.
Realxed fun place to be employeed
Licensing Supervisor/Roadmaster (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 8 hour work days
Cons: 30 min lunch break
I have learned a lot from my transition from the military to this company. My manager has took the time to give my key tools for current and future employment.
Union workers and contract except employees are for the most part civil and have a good attitude to others.
Fun place to work
Engineer/Scientist R&D (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Formulate solutions to meet customer’s binder and/or hot mix specification
Formulate solutions to meet customer’s roofing specifications
Qualified polymers for asphalt applications from lab studies to field trials
Set-up, coordinate and supervise trials at terminals, asphalt modifiers, hot mix plants and/or paving contractors as needed
Participate in the design and creation of a wide range of products and technologies
Design and manage technical programs for potential and existing customers based on various national and international standards
Work closely with the commercial department to understand customer’s needs and provide timely and appropriate responses
Provide internal training for sales professional and on-site technical training for customers
Support business development strategies with technical abilities and knowledge of the asphalt applications
Serve as technical troubleshooter to customers after sales is closed and while product is being tested
Design and approved technical projects completed by technicians
Support sales personnel at the customer and in the field
Interact with national or international agencies
Unproductive and aged medical clinic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: no work load
The area I was placed was not productive or organized. I spent most of my days looking for things to do. There were so many possibilities but as a temporary employee I was not given access to the programs needed to accomplish the work.
Foucused and professional management
Director Supply Chain (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Honeywell Aerospace, Phoenix, AZ 2011-Current
Director, Supply Chain Management
Started and managed a new team of 50 professionals (Program Managers, Planners, and Buyers) to focus on and improve business operations in the area of Obsolescence Management of Electronic Components.
• Created the business case, got approvals and hired a team of 25 professionals focusing on Process, Planning and Procurement of Obsolete parts.
• Reduced the cost of obsolete parts procurement from $150 million per year to $50 million per year over a period of 3 years.
• Reduced the number of production operation disruptions from over 100 per year to 0 over a period of 3 years. This resulted in a revenue improvement of over $500 million per year in 2014.
• Actively managed an inventory of over $200 million worth of Obsolete parts that was reduced to $140 million.
• Working closely with IT personnel, created a tool called OMST (Obsolescence Management Support Tool) that allows corporate-wide collaboration.
A great place to expand my potential, meet new people and travel the world
Shipboard Engineer Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free exercise classes, great meals, wonderful people
Cons: family separation, communication expensive
Working for Honeywell Technology Solutions provided me the opportunity to work in the Marine Corps Prepositioning Program which allowed me to work onboard a large roll-on roll-off ship. I had the privledge of working on and maintaining U.S. Navy and Marine Corps heavy construction equipment. Our team was responsible for it's readiness in time of military need. The most difficult part of the job was transporting by hand eighty pound batteries up and down six decks. Team work was a must a great deal of the time. I learned that working on a ship with a small team provided me the opportunity to learn a great deal from each member. You definately learned what teamwork was all about. I loved my job and the people I worked for and with including all the Mariners on the ship. I felt it an honor and a privledge to work for the military once again. It was difficult being away from my family for up to six months at a time and three weeks vacation, however I had a wonderful family support system that helped a great deal. In addition to that I would take the launch boat onto the island after work and attend various fitness classes as well as the gym on board the ship. Exercising was a great morale booster.
Productive and Fun work place
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee), NJJanuary 22, 2015
Here am more learn with my Management and Co-Workers.in this company every day am enjoying with work.
Good experience
Engineer (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
This was a good company to work for. With many operations in different cities, there was room to grow and gain experience in many different things.
Long hours with decent pay.
Lineman/ Machine Operator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2015
My day starts at 6:00 pm and ends at 6:00 am. I am a machine operator producing personal protective equipment. My management is easy to get along with and do not micro-manage us. Co-workers are a blast to work with. Not the ideal job for everybody but it pays decent and has good benefits.
Contract Assignment.
Dell Desktop Support/Refresh Technician (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Helping corporate users through the refresh process and fix any technical problems that may arise.
Working at Honeywell is my 1st job after coming off of active duty.
Integrated Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 19, 2015
Honeywell has tough me how to work and manage personnel in the civilian sector, a lot of which I am use to from leading people in the military. Achieving my certification in Six Sigma has taught me how to eliminate waste by making a process better by incorporating all who are involved with the process. Working the off shift is helping to perfect my problem solving skills by asking critical/thought provoking questions amongst my leadership on shift. This mindset is allowing my team to be self sufficient and independent.
A lot of down time with no direction
Repair and Overhaul Support (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 18, 2015
A lot of work that needed done, but a supervisor that was not willing to get it done.
Bad management, lazy co-workers
Warehouse worker, picker (Former Employee), groveport, ohioJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: boots
Cons: inventory manager, trainer, supervisors, some co workers.
Was a temp job with opportunity to get hired after a year if your lucky. Lazy people get a way with murder, and hard workers have there assignment end. Leads were better than supervisors. Inventory manager made a hostile work environment by yelling at you in front of people. One of the main supervisors dont know his butt from his elbow. Low pay. They are more organized and now have scanners, pretty much the only con besides getting boots for 5 bucks.
Family Environment Workplace
Sr. Inside sales (Current Employee), Austell, Ga.January 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free training
Cons: incentives
A great Fortune 500 Company to work for. I have been Employed for 21 years with advancements during my 21 year history with ADI/Honeywell. Great Benefits and Great Co-workers to work with.
not hiring permanent employees
Electronic Technician III (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 13, 2015
No bad company to work for, the only downside is that the company is not hiring permanent employees anymore. Overall it is a huge and positive learning experience. The environment is very technical and people that works at this place is very knowledgeable. They spend a lot of time in the details and their product is superior to standard.
Good Company
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great stock performance, people
Cons: slow elimation of employee perks over the years
Honeywell is strong performing company. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you're willing to work hard, but you do have ability to work from home as needed if manager approves.
Jet engines for airlines OEMs
Commodity Manager Honeywell Phoenix Engines (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Sr buyer and commodity manager for Honeywelll negotiated contracts with 70 companies 300 Million Spend with Company, procured parts for jet engines outlines for commercial and military platforms
Work life balance
Distribution Requirements Planner (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Your work life balance depends on your boss. If your boss believes in having a great work life balance than so will you, other then that you're expected to be at work every day even though we can work from home.
Very demanding environment to work in.
Operator/Maintenance (Former Employee), Metropolis, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits if union -- health insurance, 401k, holiday pay and vacation pay.
Cons: if not union benfits unknown.
nuclear work that requires a government clearance. Shift work either 8 or 12 hours , 6 days a week.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more