Honeywell
1,506 reviews

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Business Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
There's a lot of opportunities within Honeywell. Great environment and a company that cares about it as well. You can learn from many talented people since they like to share their knowledge and experience.
It's good place to work at this location
Supplier Quality Engineer Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay and benefits
Cons: The company's cost cutting always drive you crazy
The company is always keep putting pressure on the employees to be more productive and they always talk about the cost cutting that bothers each employee.
Great work enviorment, Nice people, Good pay
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMay 19, 2015
Pros: 9 shifts to pick from. Good pay and benefits.
Cons: The plant was closed down
Came in early to discuss what was needed for the day with previous shift lead. I organized employees to work on tasks that were needed most. Made sure each employee had the materials needed to do the jobs. If not I ordered the materials from another department. Worked close with management on any issues that came up that day.
Honeywell supported, maintained a safe and productive environment
Vehicle Mechanic/Classroom Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Strong Support from the whole Team
Cons: The inability to sometimes notice that strong start will end in a better product
I was able to travel throughout the United States and Europe in support of the U.S. Army and civilian personal in proper training, operation and maintenance of up armored vehicles in the units fleet. The typical work time develops a unique cohesion with fellow employees to produce the best product possible to achieve the highest goals. We could leave a site knowing that they had all the tools to deploy to a remote site and employ all their tools to survive any situation.
Productive, Knowledge sharing and fun place
Sr. Quality Engineer/ Product Engineer II (Former Employee), glendale, AZMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Time
Cons: Flexible Time
Productive, Knowledge sharing and fun place.
Good Management.
Team work.
Flexible time work.
professional environment work
Fun environment great work space and the management is great.
Technical support specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 17, 2015
Pros: good benifits and the job isn't phyically exausting.
Cons: sitting still and short breaks
I come in at 9:00am and work till 5:30. I answer questions that technicians call about our products. I have had several hours of customer support training. I have also learned about the security industry. I am proficient at troubleshooting burglary and fire panels.
I have a meeting with my manager once a month to check on my status. We go over numbers and what my strengths and weaknesses are. The hardest part about the job for me is not working with my hands. I am a very hands on person. I was a great challenge to over come helping someone with something I couldn't see. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the technicians in an efficient and timely manner. My coworkers are great, energetic, and an awesome team to work with.
A good place.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Franklin, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Days off around major holidays
Cons: no paid vacation days no paid holidays and 3 year contract with temp serv.
Honeywell is a great place to work with people and learning the skills of safety. I am only a temp and there is not a lot of room for advancement.
Challenging
Level III Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: short breaks, viscious old school employees.
Management prefers to hire certain ethnicities. They prefer to keep low pay employees and get rid of those costing them too much, even if they are qualified. Unless you grew up in the company, that is. The "old school" employees treat the new employees horribly.
You have to clock out for lunch, break times are very short when you consider that you have to clock out, go to your locker, get your lunch (there is no nearby cafeteria), wait to warm your lunch, eat your lunch, go back to your locker, get back to your work area and clock back in, all within a half hour. If you were to want to go to a cafeteria, you would need to go to another building (10 minutes), get your food, wait to pay for it (another 5-10 minutes) and still have time to walk another 10 minutes to get back to your locker, back to your work area and clock back in.
great place to work
Material Handler IV (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 13, 2015
great place to work but seeking full time employment
fast paced some make shift go by quick
lots of employees with 20+ years so makes it hard to get foot in the door
Great company but benefits not comparable to similar position in the area
administrative (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: nice people, beautiful office, nice roof deck
Cons: Long hours, little vacation, health care benefits, 401(k) match/vesting
Long work week (40 hour), Most admins take lunch at their desk. No 401(k) contribution for the first 12 months, match is only 4% and 0% vested until completion of year 3. Only 10 vacation days plus 1 floating holiday. ZERO ROLL OVER, use it or loose it in the calendar year. You get 5 extra days during holiday shutdown. No MLK day, no President's day. Health care is high-deductible. Check benefits before you accept a position.
lousy after buyout
Supervisor, Information Systems (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 12, 2015
let me use the education I got, & helped to pay for it.

independent projects as well as team projects were assigned

good benefits for a family.

pay was better than average.
QCS field
SIte Lead Technician 1985-2008 and 2010-Current (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: Career long employment possibility
Cons: 24/7 emergency call
Emergency 24/7 call responsibility takes it's toll even if you are fortunate enough to have an understanding industrial customer.
Not a good company to contract overseas with
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Leatherneck, AfghanistanMay 11, 2015
Company had been trying to get a contract renewed before I was to go over seas and didn't get it renewed till after I had been over seas for about 2 months. The management was not telling us anything on what was going on.
Fun and productive work place
call representive (Current Employee), Mendota, CAMay 8, 2015
Answering calls creating backlog, and confirmation reports. Training new hires on all aspects of prgram also. I enjoyed the work enviroment very busy and cowaokers were always smiling and cheerful
34 years of Honeywell Aerspace
sheet metal mech, robot operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: after Sept 11 overtime was cut, healthcare changed for the worst
1979 to 1985 I was a sheet metal mech. 1979 to 1980 we worked to blueprints, after that we worked to sketch sheets. I was always in over/haul and repair. We repaired aircraft engines parts. The day would start we would line up the parts we would be working on for the day.I would optamize combustion chambers. Using go/no gages to set skirt gaps.If the parts were real bad we would use slitting disk to cut out bad spot and fabricate new piece, then part and fabricated piece to weld shop. After weld we would handfinish weld and optamize the coumbuster. After 1985 I had the chance to move to the metal spray dept.I learned to run a ABB six axis robot. The metal we sprayed was powder I was still in Over/haul repair. We took used aircraft parts and made the better than new. i did that till 2012 when I retired The people I worked with were so helpful trained me both as sheet metal mech and robot operator.
A company that has high expectations from everyone. They strongly believe they hire the best and so, expect the best. Can be a fun place to work.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Grove City, OHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly personnel, Company hires very capable individuals, Company pays well.
Cons: Honeywell has down fall like most Large Companies, does not have a good tap on what talent they have to address current challenges, Your capabilities and experience are often times overlooked.
Based on my one (1) year contract with Honeywell (Safety Product Division) who was hired on by a Director of Operations for North America, I learned that this is a very friendly company and encourages you to do your best in everything they challenge you with. To get ahead, you have to be flexible in your thinking and go with the flow of the group/team. They may like to hear new ideas and be ready to support the pros vs cons.
The company believes in Lean Tools and Six Sigma Continuous Improvements called HOS -Honeywell Operation System. They are very proud of the system but (to my experience) are still in the learning stages of developing a strong system.

Honeywell strongly believes they have hired the best and expects the best from you in each assignment and if you fail meeting your goal(s), be ready to explain them w/ a 5-Why's. They are flexible in your downfalls when you make them and do not point them out to you during the year until your annual review; for 1-year contract work, it's too late to make improvements.

Some/most managers who you may work for are very territorial in what services you provide the company and have set (stringent) guidelines what departments you are to support and those you do not w/o their agreement. You may feel like a puppet on a string at times.
Productive and great place to work!
Shipping/Receiving Specialist II (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Employee recognition and great pay.
Cons: Can't think of any.
Very busy and always new challenges each day. Management very in tune to employees needs. Training very detailed. Accountability across the board, top to bottom. Loved working with co-workers. Communication and continuous improvement was standard. Loved working at Honeywell. Respect for ideas and family.
A day in the life of working at Honeywell.
Contractor (Former Employee), Grove City, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: Equipment Training
Cons: Very early in the morning
-Unload trucks with a stand up forklift

-Separate all product on the pallet into their appropriate group using product labels

-Verify the quantities of how much was shipped versus how much was received

-Label each pallet with its matching product name label. After it it verified, a reach truck driver comes to put it away in the warehouse.

I learned how to drive a stand up forklift and the unloading process using a forklift. The management was nice, seemed caring about the employees and was quite reasonable on certain topics. The hardest part of the job was learning how to drive a forklift, as I had no previous experience with equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to drive the forklift.
Security Equipment Logistics
Material Handler (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 5, 2015
Supply proper materials to system as and when required
Monitor material systems for fault-free operations
Receive materials from the dock
Provide replenishment materials to the manufacturing plant
Review packing slips for necessary data
Secure lifting attachments to material to convey to destination
Update and maintain records in the database
Great Upward Mobility
Project Management Specialist, (Current Employee), Urbana OhioMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Career development
Cons: often long hours
Great growth opportunity if you work hard and want to be successful. Various lines of business. Great stock performance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more

Honeywell Salaries