Honeywell

1.6K reviews

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Electronic Technician (Former Employee), phoenix,azJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: health care
Troubleshooting, units to component level , testing units on ATP tester. Six sigma, 5 S , standardized work, Also daily audits on customer and employee work. Troubleshooting was the main focus.
Great Company,hard worker employees,work get done
PIC-Panel Assembler (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 30, 2015
This company is a great career company,great benefits ,safety first always on time. Great people to work with,its more like a family.
Good Boss. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Shipping/Receiving/Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Driving on the PA turnpike everyday
Enjoyed my time with ADI, which is a division of Honeywell. The corporate offices were not as in touch with all the branches as I figured a large company would be. Fellow employees were great to work with with the exception of one guy who was lazy and not a team player. I'm not a fan of laziness at all.
Okay Company little to any advancement potential
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJuly 30, 2015
All jobs at facility are temp to hire but there has been a hiring freeze in place for most of 3 years. Apathy is very high as the Cranston Facility is closing over the next year and scheduled to be completely shutdown mid 2016. I see no future here.
I liked the job but it ended abruptly with no notice.
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 29, 2015
The job was great, I liked the technical support aspect and the atmosphere was fun. I just didn't like how management made the agents feel like we were just pawns and we didn't really matter.
fast pace, and challenging environment
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: learn something practical
Cons: health insurance bad
Have to work more than 10 hour each day in proposal writing, testing, report writing, customer relationship and meeting
Very fast paced and strict deadlines
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Involved in all aspects of tthe project
Cons: Product is going into production. Project ending
Wrapping the project up. Design work is completed. Currently dealing with product readiness for production. Vendor and part capability studies. Interfacing with QC, Manufacturing and Procurement.
Good company to work for
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Occasional heard complaints about management
I didn't feel like the program I was in was managed well, but I got the feeling that Honeywell in General was run well.
I felt like my mentors were often too busy to train me and never had my responsibilities very well defined. There was always work to be done, I just had to ask around.
Great Security Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Hts, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Got along great with staff
Cons: layed off due to downsizing.
Worked for the Sales Branch with a good relationship with the Sales Manager and Sales Staff. Very busy work environment typing proposals, presentations and contracts.
Fun and clean workplace.
Assembler (Former Employee), Franklin, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great people, clean warehouse.
Cons: Repetitive.
I only worked for this company for a few months but from what I gathered the people were really nice and the warehouse was incredibly clean.
Great experience in a global workplace
IT Manager, Application Hosting (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 22, 2015
Excellent environment for global exposure and teaming with suppliers and resources around the world. Very good educational opportunities in the workplace and external.
family atmosphere
QUALITY LAB ENGINEER (Former Employee), Clover, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: working with passionate and driven employees
Cons: meetings about meetings
My managers were very knowledgeful in there areas of expertise.
Very helpful staff, hard workers.
Hardests part of my job is watching employees leave due to not wanting to work with the company anymore.
Productive yet stressful workplace
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on Sat.
Cons: Short breaks, inconsistent discipline sometimes weeks later, Lean was not team focused, blow-ups by boss hurt morale
Close knit group of assemblers, quality and engineering. Management seemed over his head most of the time. Typical day was building cables, checking quality, and building inventory to be shipped to sister site before shipping to customer. Started but was not able to advance with Lean Manufacturing and 5S due to lack of commitment to stay on task and remain focused due to management. Hardest part of the job was always working from behind when we had a very scaled down group (from max of 10 to a min of 5, including management). Overall the job was enjoyable when everyone was working together towards a common goal. When management decided it was time to "help out" to get the work done we worked well together.
Assembler Job
Assembler (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 20, 2015
I would love to work there again. I learned alot and got along with everyone. Hoping to get back on there again soon. I only wish that I was able to get hired because my supervisor was trying to get me hired on permanent.
Hurry up and wait
Engineering Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greer, SCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: None
Most of the job consisted of meeting deadlines and using team center to edit and create parts and new processes. It was a hurry up and wait style of work. Nicest people i have ever had the pleasure of working around.
Work atmosphere okay
Mechanical Technician III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2015
Co-workers pretty flexible and easy to work with. Upper management hinder production processes. No room for advancement.
Spanish teacher
Production Associate (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 18, 2015
Pros: feedback from the students and parents
Cons: pay needs to be increase
Teach Spanish subject for 5 and 6 graders. Excellent parents, students and co-workers. The most enjoyable part when I took the kids out the classroom to play and learn at the same time. They really loved that moments.
Decent to make a living
Logistics/induction clerk (Former Employee), Renton, WashingtonJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime means big paychecks
Cons: short or no breaks, late lunches, literally impossible quotas, underappreciation of work performed
When I first got to Honeywell, I had the impression of an easygoing office, almost airy in nature. The workers are all nice people, the task itself was simple to understand, and I fit in right away, quickly learning and taking on task after task, until I found myself being relied on for far more than I signed up for. I welcomed and enjoyed the added challenge and responsibility. I was fresh out of the U.S. Army, so seemingly overbearing workloads, long hours, and sleep deprivation were second nature to me. But slowly, they began losing employees, and not replacing them, forcing everyone else on the team to work 50-80 hour weeks. The increase in pay was the only good thing to come of this. I found myself having no outside life at all, working 6-7 days a week, and still having nearly impossible quotas and tasks heaped onto me.
There are a lot of very good people and hard workers there, but the management is quite lackluster, and the treatment of employees is unethical, and borderline criminal. I would only recommend working here to someone who can handle an extreme amount of stress and pressure like a combat arms soldier, or someone fresh out of college looking to prove themselves, but eventually move on to better things.
Highly competitive, adequate compensation,
Communications Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Goose Creek SCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: No training required
Cons: Job security
You get to work with other military personnel with like experiences and the same mindset. Training received in the military prepared me for the work associated with this contract.
No Flexibility
Security Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2015
I left this company becaus ethey really didn;t have any flexability at the time. no room for advancement either in the area I was in.
Headquarters