Honeywell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,061 reviews matching the search
Low Work Life Balance, increasing emphasis on offshoring
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2016
Honeywell was at one time a company that I would have considered to be preeminent in its desirability as an employer. Today, the company has been in a long-term cycle of driving results in a low growth business environment, which means it increasingly relies on reducing cost to drive operating income. This essentially means off-shoring jobs and reducing staff, which has resulted in greater workloads particularly for US staff.
Pros
Telecommuting in many groups, good salary
Cons
Low work/life balance, less job security and higher workloads in United States, poor health insurance that is rising in cost
Great company to work for but...
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Great company to work for with great stock options. However there never any raises. Unless you get what you want with compensation in the very beginning, it will never happen. They just add more responsibility and work but never compensate their employees. This company only cares about profits not their employees. The health insurance is horrible. They stopped contributing to Health Savings Accounts = a lot of out-of-pocket expenses. The management is over paid and over staffed. The middle managers get hit with the bulk of work and are not properly supported to effectively meet Honeywell goals. Always chasing a pot of gold, where hard work is not rewarded. Smart Grid Solutions over promises with clients and under deliveries due to the inability of management to realistically support program delivery teams in efforts to deliver programs and projects that are poorly priced, understaffed, and have dysfunctional IT.
Pros
Corporate Value, Stock Options
Cons
Healthcare, Compensation
An Old School Industry and Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Nice people. Local management is good, but they are at the whim of another Jack Welch disciple. Always trying to squeeze a dime, but never giving it to employees. Too many meetings: e.g., a "Tier" meeting EVERY day. Little information is passed there that others haven't heard or will hear about. Just a waste of time.

Employees were treated to furloughs without pay and layoffs right before and right after the holidays. Employees did not get raises on several occasions.

Unattractive facilities and grounds: a through back to the cold war. Terrible cafeteria. A stark contrast to the Microsoft campus, right across the street.

Work here only if it's your last hope.
Pros
Nice people with which to work.
Cons
Low pay, remote management that only cares about the bottom line profits which are not shared with employees.
Fast paced and strives for production, quality, and employee saftey.
Hybrid Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 1, 2016
A great place to learn the aerospace industry. Fellow co-workers are happy and willing to help you meet your goals, and have a strong connection with each other. Management is highly organized and focused of safety, work flow, quality, and making sure an employee goes as far as they are driven to go.
Pros
They offer health benifits, school funding, skill development, helpfull and understanding management.
Cons
Short breaks and no garenteed raisess for assembly.
Horrible!! No job security!
Management (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 13, 2016
If you want job security, this is not the company to work for. I have had a bad experience with Honeywell since I started.
If you like being micro managed as well...then this could be the place for you.
Human Resources is filled with lazy individuals that do not want to help the employees. I went to HR after starting because of some questions and walked in on the employee texting on her phone. When she looked up at me, I apparently had bothered her. The issue that I had was never followed up on. She just said she would look into it.
There is a constant run around here. The employees bash each other and unless you are in the 'clique' be prepared to want out of this company within a month.
The employees run around like chickens with their head cut off because they are reducing so many employees and giving the other employees the work.
I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Insurance is okay.
Cons
Micromanaged, job security, no team work, poor management
It was a nice place to work except for the Qc department. Unfortunately, I worked in the Qc department.
Sr. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Most people there are good awesome people to work with except for a couple(husband/wife that work in the same department). They used to work on the assembly line (with no knowledge or education in the quality craft like GD&T) for the previous company that was bought over by Honeywell. QC Management was notified by other previous inspectors other than me regarding their ignorant attitude and uneducated perspective on GD&T but it seem like favoritism kick into effect over new comer(maybe job security for both party). I'm still shock something like this could accur in this age and date especially in a reputable company like Honeywell! Any how, I took my talent elsewhere talent needed.
Pros
A lot of good people working there
Cons
shouldn't allow husband and wife to work in the same department
Hard working / Goal Orientated Work Environment
Customer and Product Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2015
Honeywell is a great company to work for. They have very competitive salaries, benefits and opportunities. They will help pay for your schooling as long as you are performing at work on your yearly reviews. It is a very goal/task orientated environment that has little to no time for horse play or loss of focus. When you work at Honeywell you will work your entire day and it can be a very draining environment as many departments are very high stress roles. Many of the jobs have great opportunities for travel across the globe. If you are able to position yourself correctly you can have a long lasting career with Honeywell.
Pros
Work Travel, Competitive Salary, College Tuition
Cons
Layoffs, Furloughs, Paycuts
AMAZING place to work!!!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2016
Management of multiple executive calendars and conference rooms.

Before my manager retired last year, he started teaching me how to do pivot tables and charts which were shared with the executives. He would always take the time to teach me something that would help HIM excel and meet his goals.

Loved my co-workers, we were like a family. We had a Team Building Team which consisted of 10 people, of which I was the Lead. It was up to me, at the beginning of the year, to determine at what budget amount we would need, and then ensured we stayed within budget.We planned one event per quarter.

There was nothing hard about the job. My one co-worker (another Executive Assistant) and myself worked so well together. If I didn't know how to do something, she did, and vice versa. We were a great team.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs
Great culture that encourages teamwork
Engineer III Software (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 14, 2016
Great culture that encourages teamwork. Company values investment they made in their employees. Good work/life balance with ability to telecommute a few days a week. Benefits have been declining over the last few years.
Involved management
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2016
Good Senior Project Management teams. The company strives to better their processes. If you're willing to try, you are given opportunities to learn a lot and contribute.
Pros
Work-life balance is great
Cons
Low compensation
Good place to work with some manager/planning issues
Assembly/Test Technician II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 30, 2016
Honeywell is, overall, a great company. Like many manufacturing companies, it has areas to improve upon in the management/planning department. Compensation is comparable to other positions that are similar within the industry.
Pros
Stable company and work
Cons
Healthcare
Good Company!!!
Photo Lab Tech. Lead person (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 8, 2016
it was a very nice and proud to worked for this very reputable and great company. We learned a lot and benefited from them, from external and internal customers all the way to the upper management. everybody seems like their in sync and getting along... the hardest part of my jobs is probably the reworks and restart of the jobs.

We did enoy the benefits and compensation...Holidays,sickdays and recognitions.
Pros
sickdays..you get paid if you don't use it...
Cons
it's too bad that they had to shutdown our Division...
fun to work with this company
Test Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2016
ok typical other it companies. co-workers are good management is not that great. ok to work in this company.compensation is not great
Pros
good culture
Cons
management needs inprovement
Honeywell Adventure
sr software engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
My co-workers and colleagues were a pleasure to work with. Team work was our mantra. I enjoyed the ability to telecommute rather than reside in a dark cubicle. I learned many facets of the Aerospace Industry over the course of my 15 year career with Honeywell, they certainly were advocates of continuous learning.
Benefits
Cons
Management can improve on employee motiviation
World class company
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 23, 2015
I found Honeywell to be a professional and progressive company. They had a good overall vision and the knowledge and experience to achieve that vision. Honeywell was also very forward focused and strives to be the benchmark. They achieved success with a continuous improvement culture and an emphasis on training. They were also focused on the personal growth of individual employees.
Pros
Health care coverage, and good benfits 401k matching and the like.
Cons
Sold us to someone else.
Bad place to work if your a contractor.
Planner for Orion Program - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Typical day - too many meetings - barely enough time to complete everyday work requirements.

What I learned- Learned a great deal about the planning job from the Master Planner.

Management - very knowledgeable, goal driven, very helpful in providing support for all employees.

Co-workers- Too many trying to get ahead in the company by stepping all over the contractors.

Hardest part of job- having to attend all the meetings and still finding enough time in the day to complete the job you were hired for.
Pros
Good pay for Contractors
Good work environment
A Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2016
There is no work life balance at Honeywell, it is expected that you are available 100% of the time. Missed family vacations and expected to respond to emails/phone calls at all times of the day. Benefits were well above average. Compensation was inline with industry.

Great Co-workers. There wasn't a sub-par individual that I worked with.
Pros
401 (K) match up to 8%.
Cons
work life balance.
great place to work , made some good friends there .
warehouse order picker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 31, 2016
A typical day consisted of a morning meeting for about 10 minutes with the Shipping Manager and the Shipping crew to discuss anything regarding safety issues , who would be covering for another person should some one be off either sick or on vacation .
To look out for damaged product and bring to the attention of our Manager , as customers should not be sent anything damaged .
It was good to work with people from different cultures and back grounds , you should never judge a book by its cover , worked with people who worked hard to get the job done on time .
There was no `hard part of the job `, in the beginning you have to learn everything but over time it becomes easier and there was nothing to worry about , if you ever got stuck , there was always someone to help you , and everyone was easy to get along with , even the Manager and Supervisors ...
Honeywell is a leader with a great culture
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Honeywell has a great culture and my manager was excellent. Benefits, salary, job security and advancement opportunities were excellent
Good Company to work for
Engineer II Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 25, 2016
Good Company to work for
Good Ergonomic workplace
Good Compensation relative to Area
Average Benefits
Average Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.