Honeywell

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Good company
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee), South Bend, INNovember 24, 2014
Design aircraft Landing System for Boeing 747,737, Airbus 380

Design Aircraft Engines for 10,000 lbs thrusr.
terrible company to work for.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Metropolis, ILNovember 24, 2014
co workers are great, Management is terrible, Have been locked out of the plant twice, laid off twice, that place could be run by monkeys the way upper management and corporate run it.
culture
Business Project Analyst (Current Employee), Anniston, ALNovember 24, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Great place to work. Would love to move into a permanent position.
Great job but
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Truck Driver at Chesterfield,VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: swing shifts
I really enjoyed working at the Honeywell at the Chesterfield, VA plant. The issue that I had was the work schedule and the benefits.
Glad to leave.
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
8 to 5 day.

Learned the "good old boy" rules.

Management was difficult for the entire time I was there. They wouldn't recognize a good thing if they saw it. The good ole boy is king.

Loved my co-workers.

Hardest part of the the job was going to manager meetings. All propaganda.

The best part of the job was in the classroom, on the road or at engineering – more... learning something new and special. Those guys were amazing. – less
very oppressive atmosphere/employees really need a union
Lead Operator/Senior Lead (Former Employee), maintenance/wastewater plant opsNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great bunch of lower level employees
Cons: read above
didnt like working there last 18 months...safety culture changing due to newer mgmt. changing things based only on their fears,not actuality.trying to make things safer...actually causing unsafe conditions.
bad company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Owasso, OKNovember 17, 2014
Cons: you name it.
If people don't like to work then get a job there making money and say no to doing your job. The most unionized non union company that I have ever seen.
management is excellent, plenty of hours,
electrician (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
very good longevity company,very good hours, excellent pay. employees at Honeywell are very welcoming. benefits are good and affordable.
Production and a face paced work environment
Forktruck operator (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: company closed down unexpectedly
Work as a warehouse worker loading and unloading trucks with a forktruck mangement was friendly the most enjoyable psrt of my job was riding a fork truck.
My Day
Manufacturing Production Technician II (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 13, 2014
• Provided supervisors with progress production, production logs, & manufacturing batch reports; worked as part of the CCA production team.
• Inspected finished products for quality and adherence to specifications.
• Solder circuit cards in preparation for board completion.
Working at Honeywell was fun, energetic and educational.
Lead Repair Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the pay was great.
Cons: the company relocated out of the country.
A Typical day at Honeywell/Mercury Inst.

Being the Lead Repair Technician I started out the day with a Tier 1 meeting with my team, going over safety concerns and prioritizing the work load.

Under minimal supervision, I managed customer returns. Starting with visual inspection of the unit, collaborating with the customer, researching the reason for – more... the return. I was also responsible for trouble shooting product defects, estimating cost and researching customer specifications.

I trained my team to do repairs in a safe and cost effective manner. With high customer expectations and time restraints, as a team we strived to be self sufficient and independent thinkers.

With the latest SAP system installed for inventory controll and new product orders, the automated system made it much harder to keep supplies in stock that were obsolete. The obsolete inventory was extremely valuable for older customer products that were returned for refurbishing.

The most rewarding and enjoyable time was when the team came together to solve an issue with a return, and collaborate on a process to find a solution.

After fourteen years of being employed by a leader in the National Gas Industry, It taught me leadership skills, teamwork, how to manage multiple task and problem solve, all the while staying focused on customer service.

I will always be grateful to the the Honeywell/Mercury Inst. Company for their employment and education. Their trust and confidence in me will never be forgotten. – less
SHIFT WORK
OPERATOR (Current Employee), Metropolis, ILNovember 12, 2014
GOOD TRAINING, UNION WORKFORCE WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH. GOOD PAY FOR TYPE OF WORK REQUIRED.
Large corporation.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Northford, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible with the work schedule
Cons: very small opportunities for growth or support.
Fast paced environment.
SAP skills Learned.
Co-workers work closely with you
Reconciliations are the hardest part of the job.
Talking to customers is the most enjoyable part. You get to build a relationship with them.
Room to grow
Process Operator (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: no job security
Stayed besy, Lot to learn. People treated you fair, room to grow
Stellar coworkers, as I can testify
Principal Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: technical skill
Cons: working more than 40 hours per week and not taking earned vacation
I keep in touch with my coworkers away from work, and I can testify about their excellence and fun.
bench tech\field tech
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Socorro, NMNovember 4, 2014
troubled shot equipment down to component level. Pulled wire out in the field.
DO NOT QUIT YOUR IA POSTION FOR HONEYWELL
IA Security Engineer III (Former Employee), ChesapeakeNovember 3, 2014
Cons: everything
They will screw you. Do not let the $$$ amount sway you. They do not care about you or your family. Very misleading group in Chesapeake!
Nice place
Assembly Tech II (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2014
Pros: made good friends
Cons: reviews
Enjoyed going to work. Enjoyed type of work and the people I worked with. Worked with PC boards, prepping boards for conformal spray. The cleaning of bad spray was the hardest.
Great co-workers- Dishonest management
Customer Service Department Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers, products, customers
Cons: hr, management accountability, advancement opportunities
A lot of great co-workers; however, benefits package included tuition reimbursement which I figured into my compensation when accepting offer. Company paid for one class. Then after my manager approved my second class submission, he was swamped with emails from HR that my tuition reimbursement was not in this years budget. I never received a response – more... from HR when asking for an exit interview. The remaining benefit of $3800 was available on my employee benefits site; however, I was told I was going to be denied due to site budget?????

Could be a great place to work if managed properly. – less
Honeywell
Marketing Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Northford, ConnecticutOctober 30, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Great growth opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more