Honeywell
1,053 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Excellent Environment
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2014
Honeywell is just an overall great place to work. Good benefits, good environment, and great people.
Fun workplace but impossible to become permanent.
Assembler Level 2 (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 7, 2014
Love working here but benefits are terrible for whats required. No medical no dental no vacation and no holiday since I am a contractor. The possibility of moving up in the company is almost non-existent. I am qualified for a better paying more challenging position and yet I am stuck in my current position. Too many talented people are let go and replaced – more... by worthless workers because they don't like to hire contractors to full time associates. – less
Fast Paced work environment
Service Desk L1 & L2 Mgr (Former Employee), Melville NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: healthcare
Fast Paced work environment and very demanding workplace. No shortage of work with a lot of projects as well as everyday support calls,
Productive work place
Aerospace Mission Assurance Engineer/Auditor (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 6, 2014
I enjoy where I am contracted to which is NASA.Enjoy making a difference in the work place.
Great Place to work
Production Technician/Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 4, 2014
Management was good to work with, co-workers were nice. Good benefits.
Excellent opportunity
Supply Technician (Former Employee), afghanistanJuly 3, 2014
Working for Honeywell was an excellent opportunity as it provided in depth experience with government systems. The only down fall was that management was not selected based on skills but often on favoritism.
productive and fun/learning workplace
Packer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, free lunches from pizza places or sandwich shops monthly
Cons: insurance, no air in summer
I liked the way everyone in the office or management was always willing to help you no matter what the problem may be
Great place to work for young families.
Mechanical Technician IV (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: stressful at times
Honeywell, over the course of eleven years, has provided the American Dream for my family.
Work Life Balance is best part of the job
Assistant Staff (Current Employee), Buffalo NYJune 25, 2014
I am busy from the time I go in until I leave everyday. There has been a sudden change in all the upper management which causes uneasiness across the board.
Great Experience
Well-Respected
Proud
Corporate Casual
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Cranston RIJune 23, 2014
Pros: able to telecommute if necessary
Cons: health insurance
Health benefits are not good. Do appreciate the corpate casual culture here. Enjoy multinational facets of working with people throughout the world.
Enjoy the Lean Six Sigma environment.
Its ok
Assembler (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 20, 2014
The job isnt to hard and have plenty of work to do. The money is not that good for the amount of work you do or knowledge it takes to do it all and to many inside work politics.
Honeywell is a great place to work.
Product Engineer I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: no comment
A typical day at work is intense. You start your day running and do not let up until you shut off all communications and stop.

I learned circuits (real application), testing models, Lean 6 Sigma, Management of Change, Supply Chain Management, and the list goes on.

Management, I will not comment at this time.

Co-workers are awesome. Very driven, hard – more... workers, and interested in building in quality to their products.

Hardest part of the job is finding time to complete all required tasks in the required hours.

I enjoyed the learning opportunities and the times I was able to share with the team members sharing information and growing together. – less
Working with quality and during job completely right.
Material Handler/Part Picker (Former Employee), Oxford, ALJune 19, 2014
Following orders and putting the right parts and numbers to be sent out to customers
Long days yet Pleasant Working Environment
VTC Specialist & Lead Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 18, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: hours and company to employee concern
Work hours are 12.5 hours day 5 days a week and 8 hours a day, one day a week. The work and people are mostly enjoyable and easy to handle, with exceptions for all things, situations, and people. The days are long and can be quite difficult, depending upon what the local signal unit has decided to implement or change that day. The company itself, is – more... not completely concerned about the best interest or benefit, of the employees, only the look and ideal presented to customer. – less
Very busy place to work, large volume of workload
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJune 18, 2014
The volume at Honeywell was very large, the day flew. The mail took
me 3 1/2 hours to open. I was responsible for coding and scanning
the invoices. I spent a good portion of my day just doing that. My co-workers were nice, very helpful.

I am glad I got to work there and meet other people and learn about
their Accounts Payable Process.
Productivity Warehouse that shipping product around the world.
Shipping & Reiciving (Current Employee), Northford, CTJune 17, 2014
I prepare documents in the computer for the international and domestic orders to send them via UPS and Fedex around the world. Also I operated forklift to pick up the orders.
Excellent co-workers in the US and all over the world
IP Counsel (Former Employee), ShanghaiJune 15, 2014
Honeywell offers talented individuals the resources they need to succeed on both a professional and personal level. Honeywell is a diversified, financially-sound employer with a world-class reputation. It was a challenge as well as an excellent opportunity to work with so many talented business leaders and co-workers.
Great Place to work
Avionics Technician III (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: management was employee orientated
Cons: health care cost
Many opportunities to expand your skills.
Management was employee orientated
The Borg Collective
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Northford, CTJune 12, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: health care insurance was awful, no job security no matter how good a job you do, never enough resources to get anything done, pay was below market rate and raises were meager
My company was acquired by Honeywell. They shut us down and laid off all the employees. Our products were good products before they acquired us, but they are managing them very poorly. Our employees were all hard working, extremely experienced, did a great job, and did everything Honeywell asked of us, but that counted for nothing.
My coworkers are – more... all very nice and hardworking. However, upper management seems to have no clue what the people who do the actual work really do. They are just worried about stock prices, head count, and their own salary. When they shut us down, they transferred all our work to other sites that were already completely busy, and did not have enough time or resources to take us on. Upper management also keeps thinking of various trainings and procedures such as LEAN, CMMI, 6-Sigma. These things sound good on paper, but they piled so much stuff and training us that we never had time to adequately use it, and ultimately just forgot it all. They also have way too many meetings, which cuts into productivity. There was never enough time or resources to do all the tasks that they were trying to mandate.
Bottom line: If you are hired by Honeywell, get ready to experience all the negative aspects of working for a large company. If you are acquired, then have your resume ready. It may take several years, but you will probably need it. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more