Honeywell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,054 reviews matching the search
Good people to work with, good opportunities for growth, corporate culture difficult.
Aerospace Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016

I was able to move up with a few in-line promotions at a good pace and help develop the company's capabilities in my chosen area.

Corporate leadership make a habit of consistently promoting initiative that had good potential but were light on follow-through and effective implementation. This made work more frustrating that it needed to be.

Despite the inevitable problems, the company is still a very good place to work compared with the rest of the jobs out there in the Aerospace industry.
Stable company
Safety Inspector and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2016
The days events were only set when the work day started and ended. After that you were subject to the events that took place in the day. Any work plans made could be altered and often would due to the dynamics of the job.
Pros
stable job
Cons
unpredictable duties throughout a day
Troubleshoot, repair and certify equipment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 21, 2016
This is typical corporate job where you are just a number and everybody is replaceable.

Management ok, Great team work environment.

Gained a lot of troubleshooting and repair techniques at this job

good start for someone fresh out of school to get some hands on experience
Pros
Free lunch but have to be earned by team
A great place to gain experience in the warehouse enviroment.
Warehouse Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 20, 2016
Honeywell was great team. Management listened to any concerns.
The culture was hardworking but not overwhelming.
Had worker appreciation cookouts,raffles etc.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours would fluctuate.
Challenging and fun workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 19, 2016
Provides excellent opportunity to learn new skills.Honeywell Operating System drives continuous improvement within the Organization.
Pros
Learning Hub
Cons
Outsourcing jobs
Good company with great people
Depot-Level Maintenance/Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2016
Great job if you want to travel. This job has taken me to places like Guam, Diego Garcia, Hawaii, Greenland and the East/West Coasts. You need to be able to get along well in a team environment because you can spend anywhere from a couple weeks up to a couple months together, away from home.
worse place to work for
PROPERTY SPECIALIST 2 (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2016
I only loved the pay. pay is great. I worked in the basement so you don't get to see the sun. management is awful. healthcare benefits STINKS!!!!! I had Kaiser through my employer and when I got into a bus accident on my way into work, I had to cover all my bills. anyway after paying the bills, I ended up receiving a Kaiser Permanente bill and they told me its because of the type of healthcare Plan I have through Honeywell. Its Limited meaning they cover so much and then you use that Healthcare Spend Account card to cover co-pay but they're wasn't any money on the card.
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare benfits
Fair to poor
APU Disassembly mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
Good job, poor work environment, unsafe practices. Talked with the safety personnel about unsafe work practices, nothing ever done about any of them.
Nice place to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2016
A typical day was working hard to get the job done, I learned to survive the heat of day and cold of night and working in hazardous conditions. Management was great to work for, and co-workers were from different cultures and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was the hazardous working conditions, and the most enjoyable part was doing a job i love to do.
Pros
Greaat people to work with
Cons
The hazardous working conditions
A Once Great Company
Dedicated Honeywell Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
A great company to grow your skills and career. The overall environment is clean, safe, and tells customers that Honeywell's a world-class operation.
"Do more with less" is the moto and everyone's required to work (extreme) overtime to stay on top of the workload.
There's a great teaming environment though, and great satisfaction amongst the work cells for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits, Nice facilities and friendly staff, Extremely quality driven
Cons
Little appreciation for extreme work hours and agressive goals, Minimal raises if ever, No recognition from management

Want to know more about Honeywell?

Ask a question
Positive Work Environment in Engineering Group.
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
Honeywell has a positive culture. They encourage developing your skills and they try to promote from within. Unfortunately, much like all public companies, they are subject to market forces. The Senior Management does a good job to alleviate the High's and Low's, though there is only so much in their power. Honeywell values it's employees and Quality is second only to Safety.
Pros
Family first culture.
Cons
Cyclical market forces.
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2016
I was given an opportunity to work with a company that provides asset to the United States Marine Corps warfighters deployed abroad.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Requirement for more resources
Behavior Based
Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJuly 14, 2016
Excellent team with people that care about customers. Difficult to advance particularly within the technical functions. Becoming increasingly focused on shareholder value.
Productive and balace place to work
Project Planner Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJuly 13, 2016
Working with this company gave me the chance to experience how my son was growing.

The manager are very understanding about family.
Pros
provide telecommute
Cons
you are always at the office
Honeywell
Obs Project manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZJuly 13, 2016
it was a good company. They don't encourage extra work. and usually do put in pay raises unless you are a sr Manager. It is a great place to start but I would not recommend a full career here
Productive and fun place to work, however that was over 17 years ago.
Intern - Software Testing (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 12, 2016
Productive and fun place to work, however that was over 17 years ago. Co-workers were great to work with and management was great. The technology was difficult to learn, however co-workers were there to help you get up to speed.
overall good job
Office Administrator /Asst (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 12, 2016
good place to work at depending on management.
job security and close to home.
could do better on the pay increases for branch level employees.
Dynamic job, a lot of different responsibilities
ENVIRONMENTAL CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2016
I learned how to calibrate, modify and repair thermal chambers and vibration equipment. I interfaced with several different groups to schedule planned maintenance of their equipment and worked closely with the maintenance department.
I learned to be more appreciative of the many cultures that are employed by Honeywell.
Often times the hardest part of my job was determining which area had the highest priority to keep the production equipment online.
I enjoyed the safe and positive climate that the company embraces.
Pros
Acknowledgement of achievements, individually and as a company
Cons
Moving equipment between buildings during the rain
Long Hours 6 days a week
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2016
I worked for them for almost a year and rarely got to spend 2 days off that wasn't a holiday with my family. I had to cancel countless weekends with my daughters from Texas because I couldn't get off work on Saturday to go get them. As a contract worker I was expendable to them and they had me on a open-ended contract that had no "contract to hire" date in sight. Countless employees had been there for more than a year and still weren't Honeywell employees.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Honeywell first and only attitude within management
Tremendous Portfolio of Technology
Fellow (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2016
This company has had to realign its technology portfolio to remain an industry leader and be smart in its investments in a global economy. It is well positioned across its business units to perform well in a tough global economy
Pros
401K plan, opportunities for new engineers to advance
Cons
healthcare is a high deductible medical plan