Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 2,584 reviews matching the search
ok work place
lead mechanic (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMay 27, 2017
pay was not good and they took away your uplift for the ones working on the ships away from home and you make the same as someone in the states
no incentive to stay on a ship to work when you can make more in the states and be home each day with your family
leadership is slow to reply to your issues and advancement is zero
a normal day is morning briefing before work and then that is it till end of day
you work with people from all walks of life and have to adjust to everyone's needs
the most enjoyable part about my job was the traveling and seeing different parts of the world and meeting new people
Pros
lots of traveling
Cons
not paid to be away from home and insurance for over seas is not good
Nice place to Work...
Maintainability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 26, 2017
Honeywell is a world class company to work for....They provide good training and $$$ for tools..Thought I would retire here except my position was outsourced to India...didn't see that coming.
Great work and great people in the Space and Navigation
Senior ASIC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 26, 2017
I had the ideal job FPGA/DSP design for an inertial navigation system. I worked for a fellow engineer that was an expert and learned a great deal from him. It was a great team effort, great communication.
A very cool place to get into an electronics field
Parts Replacer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2017
This was really my favorite place to do what I went to school for, electronics. I got hired at the best possible time too, eat week, the week of thanksgiving.
Wide variety of product and service offerings
Director, Platform Logistics Business Development (Former Employee) –  Virtual - Fayetteville NC and Columbia MDMay 25, 2017
Challenges included advancing US Foreign National Sales, working with CZE nationals on International Flight Crew training for Russian Helicopter and daily contacts/pursuits with US DoD
Pros
Business Challenges
Cons
Unrealistic Metrics during DoD downturn
Good people in a family oriented work place.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 23, 2017
Get to work ahead of time and have coffee and review tasks with MGR and Team.
Manufacturing and Maintenance of Jet Engines and Testing Harnesses.
Very supportive and family oriented.
Family first, OK to ask questions and praise for a job well done.
Leaving friends
Working for a good Company with a lot of good personnel.
Pros
Double time or Double time and a half when extra work needed
Cons
N/a
family oriented company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 23, 2017
will start by inspecting the forklift for any leaks then consult with the supervisor for my assignment for the day which is work with production area to bring pallets of goods to the warehouse and stage them into the racks or load and unloads trailers.
Management focused on sales, not manufacturing
Currently Production Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 23, 2017
The engineering management is poor, with no direction. The culture of the company makes reaching goals on time nearly impossible. The Honeywell name has a good reputation, however this plant is stuck in the 1950's.
Pros
A lot of time off if needed.
Cons
Lack of direction, many project restarts.
good place to work
picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 23, 2017
Bosses easy to get along with. Location close to home. Coworkers are friendly. Plenty of overtime when needed. lunchroom cafeteria well stocked. safe working conditions.
Pros
safety equipment
Cons
lack of advancement
Very fast pace to work
Sr. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton areaMay 22, 2017
Very good place to work. Fast pace with a very good team of workers. Both management and employee team work well together. Very important work at this site.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Very fast pace.
World renowned manufacturing company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2017
Well diversified, results driven company. Divisions include Aerospace, Performance Materials and Honeywell Building Technologies. Honeywell Building Solutions is a well-run division.
Pros
Benefits are strong
Cons
Silos of management
Company has lost site of employees
Specialized Admin (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMay 22, 2017
Company focus is no longer a team atmosphere- What they say and what they do are totally opposite- Management is non existent at the local level - The hardest part of the job is the multiple sites to get information - that is frequently incorrect - The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help others and see results of my hard work
Very professional
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 22, 2017
Was enjoyable work environment. Reviews were fair. Rewarded for going above and beyond. Always aware of talent and developing it. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
I would of recommended it as a place to work.
Cons
The company was sold to TDI that's the only downside
Toxic culture
Chem Operator (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILMay 22, 2017
It's pretty much the same day in to day out. Sales are down, we need to save millions,even though Honeywell as a whole is worth $38 billion. The future sales are looking bleak. No sunshine or love what so ever. The incredible turnover rate at this facility should get the attention of higher ups and the general public. Granted, Honeywell has spent millions at Metropolis PMT to get it to 5-S standards. You can apply lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig. It's a very old and dirty facility. I've learned hard work means absolutely nothing to management and the numbers game is everything. The culture is toxic, dark as if we are attending a funeral. Depression is sure to set in as you make your way across the parking lot to clock in and take your daily/nightly dose of morale breaking. The jobs themselves are not difficult, you get quick training, but don't expect a "one big family" atmosphere! The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and the time we get off away from here. Benefits are non existent are are projected to get worse. This place is a good resume builder and that's where it ends. If your considering employment here and already have a stable job, seek out and ask a current or former employee. Ask about working here and then take their advice. There has been 2 lockouts and a layoff in a five year period, it's very unstable. When the HR department has to have meetings on "Morale building" and get confused on how to encourage/motivate employees, you know what I mean?
Pros
Resume builder
Cons
Not enough room here to write them.
Would never work for them again
Production Control/Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston AFB, SCMay 22, 2017
The absolute worse on govt contract jobs. Underbidding killed pay raise and performance reviews. Supervision was terrible worse I have ever experienced in 30 years. Untrained supervisors are just super techs with little supervisory skills. Contract jumpers jumping from one contractor to another on the same contract, clog up the system with the same bad practices from the last contractor are passed on to the current contractor. Favoritism and nepotism are rampant.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Very poor leadership from top to bottom
good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
Honeywell has great coworkers its a clean well processed warehouse and fun to work at. I drove the forklift as a cherry picker but started out in the assembly and moved up. it was an easy 3 day train and I had the job with no problem. Honeywell was also where I first learned how to drive a forklift.
honeywell
Material Handler In Avionics (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
I've learned a lot thru this company the reason i want to leave from here is just there are no opportunity for advancing and moving up which its something i'm wanting to do.
Good pay and benefits
Plater (Former Employee) –  Mtka, MNMay 21, 2017
Good company to work for except they closed. Industry leader in the printed circuit industry. They were very supportive of family affairs. They liked to promote from within.
looking for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 20, 2017
this company was good but they moved part of the company to other state while they moved i have looking for new job and i found the next job as i explained my resume
Honeywell is Demanding/Rewarding Place to Work
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 20, 2017
Overall Honeywell is an upstanding company that is in an organizational change mode with the new CEO. Very demanding environment to work in, but not without its rewards.
Pros
Compensation Opportunity
Cons
Large, impersonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.