Honeywell
1,425 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Typical corporate grind
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2015
Honeywell was a typical corporate grind. Employees are treated like numbers. The only concern is if employees hit their numbers (performance targets). The expectation is for employees to devote there lives to the company for nothing in return. My division was always looking for ways to reduce the work force.
Overall a good experience
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Melville, NYMarch 26, 2015
I've been at Honeywell for 5 years now and have learned a great deal more about distribution by switching industries. ADI has polished off the skills that I learned at Ingram and I am very grateful to have spent 5 years with such a good company.
Good company
Customer Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Calexico, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: Opportunities of advancement
Great professional experience. Project Management was great, management meetings, learned people skills, cultural diversity.
A good place to learn and grow
Data Entry and Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria in the building, Raises
Cons: Short lunch break
I enjoyed my time there. When I first started the company name was Hand Held products. The company then was acquired by Honeywell. I learned how to use the SAP program and then learned the Guixt program. A typical day at Honeywell included getting trays of units that were sent in to be repaired and entering in the information as per the Guixt program then taking them to the repair department and placing them in the correct bins to be repaired. I worked off of a printout for the repaired units to make sure they were fixed so I could get them processed out of the system and taken to the shipping department. I would have to search for units that were on the printout but could not be found in the bins that were ready. Sometimes they were on hold. The hardest part of my job sometimes was trying to find unrepaired units that the repair persons had put elsewhere for parts. The most enjoyable part of my job was the data entry.
boring place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNMarch 24, 2015
Cons: healthcare bad, high premium, high deductable
Typically this company is a boring company, the management try to changed thing around by out source 39 job and contracting out that job, and they been focusing on the meeting more then producing parts. I have learn so much from my jobs, my co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job that all the machine are old and can break anytime. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got to work on the machine.
Consider living under a bridge before working at this place
Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Take a pick
I have never worked for a more horrible company than this one. They treat there employees like cattle and blame employees for management's mistakes. Worst employer in America.
cohesive team environment
Technical Support (Former Employee), Independence, OHMarch 22, 2015
higher techs highly approachable. easier to troubleshoot when callers are more knowlegable regarding system, techs able to point in different / correct direction to rectify problem
AN interesting place to work for
Mational Filed Device Applications Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: No Micr Management
Cons: The upper management tends not to listen to what is needed in the field.
Honeywell is an interesting place to work. Although engineering takes a long time to release product, once they do the products are solid. I travel throughout the USA and Canada and the extensive travel is beginning to wear on my family and me.
Best company to work with
ENERGY CONSERVATION AUDITOR/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 20, 2015
Pros: complete benefits and job security
Cons: supervisor had issues with employees getting underpaid based on cost of living.
Preparing materials on daily work. Learned a lot of technical and identifying health and safety that may harm employees/customers. Management is very precise and helpful to employees. Its very friendly working environment and a lot of teamwork getting the job done. The hardest part of the job is when to stay and finish the job. The most enjoyable part is the coordination of co employees and a proper training of the employees.
A Big Corporation that felt like a Big Corporation
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Vacation Time
Honeywell wasn't a bad place to work. It was indeed a big corporation though. It was not personal. Honeywell was not a bad place at all to work. I can't speak about all management by my manager (the manager of production in Richmond on Dabney Rd) was a great person. He made sure you got your work done but he also genuinely cared about his employees. He was a great guy to work for and because of how much he cared about his employees, he made them want to work that much harder.
Interesting
Project Controls Lead (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 19, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: hidden cheapness (i.e. buy your own office supply's)
Company operates in a silo environment. Your on your own, not much support and heavily reliant on working virtual. Your report manager rarely has team meetings. People rarely share their work products and avoid being helpful with you.
Effective knowledge of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization.
Senior Strategic Buyer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 18, 2015
I work collaboratively with my suppliers to find opportunities, with focus to improve metrics such as on time delivery, lead time reduction, payment terms, and price reduction. Daily communications with internal cross functional teams to ensure production targets are met. I work in a remote office among a small circle of co-workers, with my direct management being in global locations. Managing $12M of spend is always a challenge, but completing a project and reaping the rewards is the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Work many hours and days of overtime
Operator Technician (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 15, 2015
12 hour rotating shifts 7a-7pm and 7pm to 7am operating machines and document in computer system. Able to run all machines in department and work with other workers to reach goal for the day
Solid Company
QA staff engineer (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: many customers didn't speak english
Highly varied days. Learned flexibility. The management personnel were very competent. Working relation ships were friendly and cooperative. The hardest part was dealing with suppliers. The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers
Interesting place to work
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
No chance for advancement. Co workers are some of the best I have ever worked with. No annual increase this year. No room to grow.
A Great Place for Innovation
Project Analyst - Demand and Asset Planner (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2015
I coordinate a interdepartmental team consisting of engineers, assemblers, and schedulers to build innovative products in the aerospace field. I also manage the procurement of materials and the budget for those materials on a daily basis. I strive to anticipate roadblocks or opportunities that may affect our success and work to motivate my team every day.
n.kb
AME NPD Program Manager - ISC (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 11, 2015
Project Managements, management meetings, learned people skills, Pofessionalism, project management, cultural diversity.

The hardest part of the job would be to terminate who work for me.
Most enjoyable is working with customers, the diversity, team work, meeting deadlines and job satisfaction though customer thriving and satisfaction.

Excellent place to work and great learning experience
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), Urbana, OHMarch 8, 2015
Enjoyed the time i work there for a subcontractor. Learned alot of new skills and earned certifications in Class 3 electronics. Friendly environment and great management team.
Unity staff and employee alike
Master Supply Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville Al.March 6, 2015
Pros: no lunch breaks
Cons: team work
Team work... between staff and employee helps to enforce the unity within the work force. The Team chief works with each individual employee to ensure understanding in providing customer service.
Great place to work, great supervisors
o Inventory Control (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2015
Management at Honeywell is great...you always know what's coming down the pike. Each day employees are informed how much product was "pushed" out the door.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more

Honeywell Salaries