Honeywell
1,386 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

Not the best management team
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: god pay and benefits
Cons: poorly run union and lack of management/employee interaction
It has been several years since I have worked for Honeywell so I'm not sure if this review is accurate for today.

This was a union job with a poorly run union. A typical day consisted of doing your job and your job only and when you are done with your work, you sit and ride the clock until quitting time. I absolutely hated this. I did not make any friends with other union members because I am a firm believer in giving the company you work for a full day of work. I believe that just because your job is, it doesn't mean to sit down and watch others work. I finished my job then went to help anyone else that needed help finishing their work. this didn't go over well with the union members. But Texas is a right to work state and I was not required to be a part of their union, so I wasn't.

Management was too worried about their production numbers and profit to worry about the problems in the back.

I did learn quite a bit working there for 6 years. I learned how to run a DCS (Distributive Control System) to run chemical purification processes. I learned how to control a waste water treatment system to ensure that everything we sent to the city sewer was treated properly and at the proper PH when it left.

I was a good place to learn about shift work and how to adjust your family life to accommodate your job. I still missed holidays, birthdays and kids games but, it was part of the job..

I learned a good bit about shipping and receiving hazardous materials and warehousing. I learned how to properly load chemicals on a truck for shipment, how to block between different chemicals and how to even out the weight across the entire trailer
Leader in Aerospace and Defense products
Electronic Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), clearwater, flFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: working on inovative products
Cons: healthcare, slow promotion rate
Fast paced working environment. A great place to be to work on innovative Aerospace and Defense products. Management style depends entirely on the ambitions of the manager and this can make or break ones career. Regarding co-workers, same as any other workplace. a work center is only as strong as the weakest link. The hardest part of the job is recognition. The most enjoyable part is knowing that at the end of the day your work contributed to future generations.
huge compny
Electronic Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: tired going no-where job
Been employed there way to long. Company does not care for their employees. No medical, no raises, no incentive. Just trying to retire out.
Fast pase work place, good experience and fun
Electrical/ Electronic Engineering teck II (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: nice place to work at
Cons: too big
A lot of new things to learn every day from troubleshooting, test and evaluation and analyzing test results. A lot of planning and coordination of work between team members. the hardest part is that too much work that require completion on time, but due to the limited number of the employees in the team some times it results to the increase of the back-log. the overall condition of the work is acceptable.
A good place to work
HTSI Test Branch / Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management and job culture is very supportive.
An intense and dynamic work environment. Software Solutions oriented company - a good career choice for young people with a knowledge of C++ and Oracle Scripting.
PPC Analyst II
PPC Analyst II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Sometimes they have employee appreciation give aways
Cons: healthcare costs
There are weekly and monthly reports that are due respectively. I work with a diverse team that includes management, program manager, engineers, quality, etc.
Productive Workplace
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Honeywell is a productive workplace that is very fair to it's employees. A place that's gives you every opportunity to succeed and advance within it's work environment.
Government Contractor
Federal Contractor (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: commute, strict lunch schedule
I currently work in a high pressure, fast paced environment. I currently work with a small group of coworkers to handle a large group of visitors, paperwork of various kinds, and various secretarial duties. My favorite part of the job is interacting with various people throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking with strict deadlines for the tasks.
Nice Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee), USAFebruary 21, 2015
Management is Flexible and Schedule is Accomodating
CoWorkers are Very Knowledgeable and Willing to Assist Where Needed
System Sensor is a pinnacle Honeywell Lean Manufacturing site
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Founded in 1984, acquired by Honeywell in 2000 - 155,100 square ft.

System Sensor is one of Honeywell's pinnacle lean manufacturing sites thanks to my staff, peers and I leading “lean” transformation through successful Kaizen events and driving continuous improvement in order to produce sophisticated products in high variety and volumes. We implement poke-yoke, automation and flexible work cells to achieve outstanding productivity and quality.
Great Benefits
Supply Technician (Former Employee), OCONUSFebruary 20, 2015
Great compensation and a great group of individuals. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with the weather. The best part of the job was Surf and Turf Fridays.
Systems Engineering at Honeywell Aerospace
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: challenging work, strong team building, international experience
Cons: compensation, advancement opportunities, benefits
Everyday presented a new challenge that had me jumping out of my bed to greet each morning. I worked with amazing individuals who made my job both enjoyable and educational; there was never a lack of original ideas when it came to our discussions about solving important issues. Working in such an environment was enlightening and provided daily opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer.

I lead a team of technicians as well as international engineering resources towards design, development, procurement, assembly, test and delivery of multi-million dollar avionic test rigs. I worked daily with international and domestic airframers managing their requirements and ensuring that these requirements were integratable and within scope of budget. It was hard work managing people in all these different time-zones but there was always a rewarding moment to be had.

The most enjoyable experiences came from working with international teams. I traveled abroad meeting and working with top-notch minds and had the opportunity to break bread at their homes, learning about their cultures first hand. It was a period of my life I will always hold dear.
Management is in need of Replacement
Senior Quality Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything mentioned above
Unclear jobsite duties, poor project management skills, unhappy employees
Installed and serviced many types of systems, including Building controls, Life safety systems and also tested
A good place to earn a living for your family
Plant Electrician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working in my field of education that i studied.
Cons: the cons was wanting to extend your knowledge and individuals not wanting to work together.
As a typical day started at 6;30 am ended at 3;00pm. Depending on you what you wanted to learn was on you shoulders meaning you got out what you put in to it. I always felt communications between maintenance and management could of used improvement. My co-workers always was pretty good. The hardest part of the job was sitting back and watching my job disappear. The most enjoyable part of it was the satisfaction fixing and repairing a piece of machine.
Great Experience
Materials Scheduler (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: not micromanaged
Cons: benefits are not that great
Honeywell has been a great experience. Good company and great people to work with. They challenge you to think outside the box and come up with ideas to make your job easier and more efficient.
Loved defense and working on the shuttle
Material Management/Anaylist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: salary, dynamic environment, defense work
Cons: only lasted 3 months
Dynamic Material Planning Contract only position for three months, however, excellent pay and very exciting.

Great people, private conference rooms for sensitive material, great cafeteria, challenging and rewarding work
Leading organization in Aerospace/Aeronautical industry
Project Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ; Bangalore, IndiaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: stability, long term projects/products
Cons: compensation
Great culture with immense learning opportunity.
The company invests in its people and encourages ongoing learning. There were many policies that helped the employees in progressing their kowledge and career.
poorly managed facility
Service Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Even though Honeywell in general is obviously a well managed corporation the facility at Columbus was not. I have nothing more to say about this company.
Nice work environment but hard work is not rewarded.
Lean Expert (Current Employee), St. Charles, ILFebruary 12, 2015
The environment is pleasant, and continuing education is encouraged. The company has too many layers of management and is moving away from a lean philosophy to save in labor cost.
Work life at Honeywell
Engineering Software Manager and Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: thinking about pro
Cons: thinking about cons
The work was demanding, but also rewarding once that project was completed. The Six Sigma learning we under took improved out productivity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more