Honeywell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,063 reviews matching the search
Find something else if you can
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 28, 2016
Been here for 3 years now, no opportunity for advancement. They will lie to you during the interview process to get you in. $16.44 until at least 2019. Swing shifts 7 on 2 off. Alot of drafts, no time for family life.
Pros
None except a.c. work environment
Cons
Pay, hours, management, morale just overall a bad work environment
Great people to work with, management is lacking in direction
Operations Associate III/Backup Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
I learned alot about responsibilities. I managed a group of people to build and ship out c300 cabinets. Management was not were i expected it to be for a fortune 500 company.
Pros
People
Cons
good salary, job security is never there
Enterpirse territory (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 25, 2016
lots of travel, lack of communication from management, lots of turn over . great company for stock holders. forecasting, pipeline maangememtn
Pros
pay, work from home
Cons
lack of communication
On-call service with spread out customers
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upstate New YorkJuly 25, 2016
The overall work was fun but the nature of the clients meant that they were spread out over a very wide area which entailed a lot of travel.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Long distance travel
Dedication to Six Sigma
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
Great place to work. Dedicated six sigma environment. Lots of opportunities for career growth. I did a work remote from home with 70% travel.
Working at Honeywell
Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 24, 2016
Too many changes too fast, good company that will hopefully make a come back. Products are still good, strategy has been off causing business challenges.
Pros
Established company, excellent brand
Cons
Poor benefits and morale in recent years
Nice place to work
(title) ISC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJuly 24, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Great group of people to work with. Have learned all aspects of quality, productivity, safety, delivery, inventory. Most enjoyable part of my job is the since that I go home every night knowing that I have accomplished my daily goals.
Pros
unlimited learning
Cons
Furloughs
nice air conditioned units
Manufacturing Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 23, 2016
use a recipe to make a product called merox 8. daily forklift operation. check houlry readings of equipment. maintain a clean work enviroment.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
its was very far from me.
Spokane Honeywell. The good the bad and the ugly.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2016
Coworkers were great. Management sucked, management styles sucked, they will want to brainwash you will cultural alignment propaganda. The work was not much better. If you like to do the exact same thing for your entire career then this is the place.
The hours were atrocious. Then on top of the regular hour they will demand overtime also.
Pros
Paycheck and stability
Cons
Management, hours, quality of life from long hours and mandatory overtime.
Good people to work with, good opportunities for growth, corporate culture difficult.
Aerospace Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016

I was able to move up with a few in-line promotions at a good pace and help develop the company's capabilities in my chosen area.

Corporate leadership make a habit of consistently promoting initiative that had good potential but were light on follow-through and effective implementation. This made work more frustrating that it needed to be.

Despite the inevitable problems, the company is still a very good place to work compared with the rest of the jobs out there in the Aerospace industry.
Stable company
Safety Inspector and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2016
The days events were only set when the work day started and ended. After that you were subject to the events that took place in the day. Any work plans made could be altered and often would due to the dynamics of the job.
Pros
stable job
Cons
unpredictable duties throughout a day
Troubleshoot, repair and certify equipment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 21, 2016
This is typical corporate job where you are just a number and everybody is replaceable.

Management ok, Great team work environment.

Gained a lot of troubleshooting and repair techniques at this job

good start for someone fresh out of school to get some hands on experience
Pros
Free lunch but have to be earned by team
A great place to gain experience in the warehouse enviroment.
Warehouse Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 20, 2016
Honeywell was great team. Management listened to any concerns.
The culture was hardworking but not overwhelming.
Had worker appreciation cookouts,raffles etc.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours would fluctuate.
Challenging and fun workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 19, 2016
Provides excellent opportunity to learn new skills.Honeywell Operating System drives continuous improvement within the Organization.
Pros
Learning Hub
Cons
Outsourcing jobs
Good company with great people
Depot-Level Maintenance/Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2016
Great job if you want to travel. This job has taken me to places like Guam, Diego Garcia, Hawaii, Greenland and the East/West Coasts. You need to be able to get along well in a team environment because you can spend anywhere from a couple weeks up to a couple months together, away from home.
worse place to work for
PROPERTY SPECIALIST 2 (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2016
I only loved the pay. pay is great. I worked in the basement so you don't get to see the sun. management is awful. healthcare benefits STINKS!!!!! I had Kaiser through my employer and when I got into a bus accident on my way into work, I had to cover all my bills. anyway after paying the bills, I ended up receiving a Kaiser Permanente bill and they told me its because of the type of healthcare Plan I have through Honeywell. Its Limited meaning they cover so much and then you use that Healthcare Spend Account card to cover co-pay but they're wasn't any money on the card.
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare benfits
Fair to poor
APU Disassembly mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
Good job, poor work environment, unsafe practices. Talked with the safety personnel about unsafe work practices, nothing ever done about any of them.
Nice place to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2016
A typical day was working hard to get the job done, I learned to survive the heat of day and cold of night and working in hazardous conditions. Management was great to work for, and co-workers were from different cultures and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was the hazardous working conditions, and the most enjoyable part was doing a job i love to do.
Pros
Greaat people to work with
Cons
The hazardous working conditions
A Once Great Company
Dedicated Honeywell Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
A great company to grow your skills and career. The overall environment is clean, safe, and tells customers that Honeywell's a world-class operation.
"Do more with less" is the moto and everyone's required to work (extreme) overtime to stay on top of the workload.
There's a great teaming environment though, and great satisfaction amongst the work cells for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits, Nice facilities and friendly staff, Extremely quality driven
Cons
Little appreciation for extreme work hours and agressive goals, Minimal raises if ever, No recognition from management
Positive Work Environment in Engineering Group.
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
Honeywell has a positive culture. They encourage developing your skills and they try to promote from within. Unfortunately, much like all public companies, they are subject to market forces. The Senior Management does a good job to alleviate the High's and Low's, though there is only so much in their power. Honeywell values it's employees and Quality is second only to Safety.
Pros
Family first culture.
Cons
Cyclical market forces.