Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 2,331 reviews matching the search
Management causes huge issues, all the good people are leaving.
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 4, 2017
As with any big company, there are some issues with management, but the current management is steadily driving away the good employees.

There have also been reductions in pay, at least 4 layoffs, as well as reduction in benefits over the last year and a half.
Pros
401K match, health insurance
Cons
low salary as compared to market, little to no merit increase, little to no opportunity for advancement.
Honeywell
Logo Designer (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 4, 2017
Honeywell bought out Sperian safety and slowly moved machines over seas. They weren't the best, but they taught us Kaizen and 5S.
Pros
Educational experience
Cons
Moved company to Mexico
Stressful 90% of the time but could be dealt with.
Mechanic and Lead Turbine Engine Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 3, 2017
Started off as a great place to work and throughout the years seemed to get worse and worse. Benefits are nothing to brag about anymore for sure. Insurance, Pensions, 401K's hit hard. Furloughs and layoffs many times here lately. I loved what I done as a job not so much the people I worked for at times.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Healthcare and benefits
Good place to work !
Sr. Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelhiFebruary 2, 2017
Great work ethics. Work life balance. Lot of flexibility. Absolute pleasure working at HON. If given a chance will join again.
workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2017
The work was not that hard but you had a number to hit in that hour and if you didn't hit that number then someone in management would come down on you hard about it.
Knowledgeable workforce with good to work with
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Good experience, exposure, and team members. Ability to problem solve and pro-actively manage through customer issues, vendor issues and internal issues is key.
Challenging work environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Good place to work, challenging assignments.
Promotions from within
Global Exposure
High management turnover causes challenges in business continuity
Pros
Challenging, stretch assignments
Cons
No work from home
Demanding environment with tons of potential!
Product Marketing Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Honeywell is a very demanding environment however with that comes tremendous potential for career advancement. There is a high level of accountability and a culture that expects commitments to be accomplished. If you thrive in a say-do culture, there are endless opportunities for career advancement .
Very corprate culture
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work. Focused on employees. Working in energy efficiency and focusing on future needs of the planet. Provide benefits and salary is ok.
Software Tester 15yrs / Developer 6 yrs.
Senior Level 4 SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2017
I strive to make what we are doing better. This includes actively seeking better ways to develop, test, integrate or field our product. I have developed products extensively in C and Java and a little in C++/C#. My forte is to figure ways to break the product and or processes (Testing) , then offer constructive ways to fix them.
Pros
Autonomy as a Tester
Cons
Lack of Equipment that belongs to the Test team.
Honeywell Sells Dreams
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
In the beginning, everything is smooth going. You'll do training, talk about your goals, discuss what your manager envisions for you, but quite honestly, it never works out. Honeywell will sell you the dream of a better project, better work environment, better raises, flexible work schedule etc. They never follow through on them though. Most of the work is being done in India. All you do is sit in front of the customer and basically double check the work done over seas. Also expect to travel a lot. Honeywell will place you where the money is regardless of your situation. I have not been on one project where I did not have conflict with my coworkers. From what I can tell, all of the good engineers make contacts with the end users and go work for them, leaving Honeywell with a pool of problem employees. This makes it tough for new engineers to stay with the company because of the poor morale.
Pros
Networking with end users, Projects in different industries
Cons
Problem management and coworkers, Engineering done outside of US, Nobody listens to your input
Honeywell closed our operations facility.
Production and Repair Dept. Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace environment and culture declined as soon as Honeywell acquired the company. They do not appreciate or value assembly or support workers.
Pros
Cons
Band zero employees are treated like they have no value. Mmmm "Band 0"
I enjoyed it
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 27, 2017
the job was great but sometimes you just felt like another name on a checklist, I would work for the company again if the chance arose.
Secure and fun place to work
Shipping & Receiving material handler, mach.opr. (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Various machine operation and running crews to operate various product lines. Insure quality of product by method of visual inspection and readying for labeling, packing with necessary paperwork and shipping out to customers !
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Plant closing
Honeywell
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Had a hard time managing their identity during the various acquisitions that occurred while I was working there. They were more concerned with preserving management than they were taking care of the rank and file.
Pros
Worldwide scope
Cons
Indifferent management
Good Corporate Company
Site Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 26, 2017
Tough to make job changes or relocate after being with the company for 5 years.

Struggles with work/life balance long work weeks and lots of hours worked. 5 years of employment and on average 75% of the time spent working OT (10 hour days)
Pros
Paid breaks/lunches - Employee Corporate benefits
Cons
Poor Insurance options, Lots of hours worked
Product Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Fun, friendly coworkers in a team driven environment that focuses on Safety, Delivery, Quality mainly.
Management is open to ideas for Continuous Improvement. These ideas are encouraged and documented. Best ideas are taken and implemented, then recognition by management is given.
Pros
company makes an effort to make people feel part of a family
Cons
very fast paced, quick decisions required on the spot throughout the day
Contract
Quality Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I am contract but trying to get permanent is impossible. Its fast pace and I learn something everyday. The culture is good. the hardest part is being in production but its the most exciting. I love what I do and I do a great job. People recognize that here but its unfortunate that I wont be made permanent because there just isn't a budget to support me.
Pros
Good team
Cons
budgets in question all the time
Great company to work for
Global IT Leader, Honeywell Building Solutions (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 25, 2017
Honeywell is a large company with fantastic people to work with. Business is based on products and services coming out of its own reasearch and development. Top notch high tech business.
Pros
Great people; pride of Minnesota and the USA
could be better
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2017
love it there need to be little bit more in order and the pay could be better great place to work good people to be around have a real bad smell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.