Honeywell

1.9K reviews

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 1,312 reviews matching the search
Pretty good workplace to work at
Manpower Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Northford, CTJanuary 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is really just having a good old time and being around different people and getting know them more
Pros
Good place to work at
Cons
Could of been better
RIF'ed after only hired 10 months
Technician 3 Engineering (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZJanuary 16, 2016
Excellent work conditions and nice people, but no job security....constant layoffs, RIF's, and furloughs. benefits are extremely expensive and not beneficial cost wise.
Stressful but challenging place to work.
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Mentally challenging place to work. Learned volumes of knowledge in the assembly of circuit cards and loved every minute of it. Dedicated manufacturing workforce with a lukewarm leadership running the show. Job security is shaky and advancement is stagnant.
Great place to learn many skills
Sr. Program Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Honeywell has equal Pros/Cons. The team environment is great and I enjoy the way we conduct our team projects.
Pros
Certifications in many areas available, leadership training, travel
Cons
Health care, work/life balance
There was a lot of excitment in the fast growing company.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 13, 2016
I came in on contract to fill for the Buyer as he was recovering from surgery for only 2-3 weeks. They like what I was doing do well that I was moved over to Production Control for the next nine months. During this time the company went "Live" with TQM (Total Quality Management) and expanded their footprint in the building they occupied and hired many new people to fill the new space.
Making a lot of changes
Workflow Specialist (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Honeywell (legacy Sperry) has provided me with opportunities for personal and professional growth to become all that I currently am. Through the years, I have been able to train on a wide variety of mechanical, electromechanical, analog and digital products. There have been many projects to build and use teaming and leadership skills. I have traveled the country and parts of the world to perform various functions for the company. The world’s corporate/business environment is changing and Honeywell is not immune. It is currently going through a lot of its own changes.
Excellent company with supportive employees
Electromechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Honeywell was a great company to work for. The company was flexible with work hours and understood the importance of family life. I worked with a variety of knowledgeable, supportive engineers who encouraged outside-the-box thinking and weren't too busy to teach me more about the company, the operating procedures, or general engineering practices. I would recommend this company to anybody looking for a job.
Mis Managed
Pipeline Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Management is below average skill level. It was a horrible place to work. This is a company that needs to get rid of a lot of their managers.
Challenging
Buyer Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2016
My review of Honeywell is the change I have seen at the company over the last 8-9 years is great. Many meetings daily and focus on the metrics, which I believe doesn't take in to account many factors. Extreme push from the top and Corporate Climbers in some departments obtains experience as they rise. Much loyalty from the worker bees and hard work. In most departments Management that stands up for and supports it's employees. Understanding of family situations and not much if any advantage taken of the Company when Management gives help and loyalty. Absolute hard working employees as a rule and very few which keep score.
The hardest part of the job has been the reduction in work force and the load the ones left carries to work longer hours and week ends. Working hard to accomplish deadlines is rewarding, but believe more than any awards from management is the internal and self accomplishment knowing you gave it your all and then some when you leave each day.
The most enjoyable is meeting deadlines and working for an excellent Manager during most years at Honeywell.
Pros
Awards given with bonus in paychecks
Cons
long hours and 7 days a week at times to make up for lack of employees.
Honeywell Adventure
sr software engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
My co-workers and colleagues were a pleasure to work with. Team work was our mantra. I enjoyed the ability to telecommute rather than reside in a dark cubicle. I learned many facets of the Aerospace Industry over the course of my 15 year career with Honeywell, they certainly were advocates of continuous learning.
Benefits
Cons
Management can improve on employee motiviation
Opportunity to learn about and work with a broad range of products
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Honeywell is an enormous corporation, and with that comes a very corporate environment. However, it also comes with the opportunity to work on products ranging from electronics like control systems and avionics to automotive turbochargers and aircraft gas turbine engines. The opportunity for promotion within the same position varies depending on business group and department, but there are constantly opportunities to move within the company and experience different products or change job roles.
Energy Auditor (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work, great management team who supported me.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the being able to work closely with my co-worker because I was able to learn different ways to achieve the same or even better results.
Pros
freedom to work
Cons
driving
Productive workplace, brand new corporate hq
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 10, 2016
Comfort Partners, A great team was built, unfortunately the work is Grant Dependent, the money can run out in an instant. Work is done in neighborhoods that need it the most, consequentially these neighborhoods are not the safest, nor are the working conditions the cleanest. A clear dedication to the work and helping the client is paramount or burn out and bad work product will be an issue. Anyone hired to this job has to be a team player and have the ability to play a version of 3 dimensional chess i.e. answering questions on the phone while crawling through an attic or slogging through a basement while accurately capturing the information needed and teaching the client about how their house or apartment works and what they can do to save energy and keep warm or cool depending on the time of year.
Getting to watch the fruit of your labor and the resultant reaction of the client after you have helped them makes all the effort worth while. Finding and resolving imminent safety issues and committing to yourself that once you leave the clients place of residence you have identified and effectively reduced any outstanding health and safety issues you sleep better at night.
Honeywell
Sr. Planning & Program Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Typical day - Program Controls and Planning for Interceptor rockets, includes SAP report budgeting, Updated and kept track of master schedules for large Aerospace programs. Days were extremely busy ,but our team worked well together.

Hardest part was meeting with Representatives from the Military.

Best part was the coworkers.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Defense - stressfull
Difficult job at times yet somewhat rewarding
Production Scheduler / Planner I (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Typical day is never established as there are always hot issues that consume most of your day. Management in most cases have a grasp on the going ons of the company however lack discipline within their teams.

As for my co-workers, most were a delight to work with, however there were one or two that were more concerned about their own well being instead of the team as a whole.
Pros
Good team workers and relations
Cons
Some co-workers were not team players
What you expect from a global company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Deer ValleyJanuary 7, 2016
Overall the company selects high quality people to work for them, the work environment is nice but as tech companies go they seem to be a decade behind the competition. The lower level management is great and there is opportunity to learn from them. The upper management appears to only look at forecasts and stock holders concerns.
Creative and high professional environment
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 5, 2016
- Very supportive management
- Friendly co-workers
- Learned how to design and fabricate electrical generators and motors
- Learned new CAD - Siemens 8.5 (Unigraphics)
- Any needed support was available
- Enjoyed every moment of working there
Productive, Challenging & Rewarding
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Working at Honeywell proved to be rewarding and challenging at the same time. Providing services for our military was the most rewarding part and knowing were are helping in saving and protecting the lives of our soldiers.
Pros
Protecting the lives of our soldiers
Cons
Communication
Enjoyed everyone - wished my assignment could had continue longer
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 4, 2016
The co-workers was very helpful in all ways. Although, they were busy with there workload. They always took time out to help others when needed.Look forward to going back to work at Honeywell under the leadership of KH and TS. just wonderful
Kind managers, but when things got tough, people were fired left and right.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Good work place in general. The people in charge were very friendly and not overly demanding. Lots of overtime available. Easy work. Good pay. However, when things get financially difficult for the company they fire employees en mass.
Pros
Easy work, with good pay and lots of overtime available.
Cons
Will fire people en mass when company finances get tight.