Honeywell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,061 reviews matching the search
Poor management/employee relations, no opportunity for advancement
Inventory Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Enterprise Mobile by Honeywell is a newly acquired company that supports the life cycle services for the ACS division of Honeywell. The company is a bit unorganized and the management team is out of touch with it's employees. The salary is fair, but is overshadowed by poor management. Your role is always changing with little to no training and a high expectancy of quality. On a positive note, it is a full-time job opportunity, so you will get at least 40 hrs a week.
Pros
Schedule, location, clean facilities
Cons
Poor management, mandatory overtime, low employee morale, very unorganized
AMAZING place to work!!!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2016
Management of multiple executive calendars and conference rooms.

Before my manager retired last year, he started teaching me how to do pivot tables and charts which were shared with the executives. He would always take the time to teach me something that would help HIM excel and meet his goals.

Loved my co-workers, we were like a family. We had a Team Building Team which consisted of 10 people, of which I was the Lead. It was up to me, at the beginning of the year, to determine at what budget amount we would need, and then ensured we stayed within budget.We planned one event per quarter.

There was nothing hard about the job. My one co-worker (another Executive Assistant) and myself worked so well together. If I didn't know how to do something, she did, and vice versa. We were a great team.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs
It was a nice place to work except for the Qc department. Unfortunately, I worked in the Qc department.
Sr. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Most people there are good awesome people to work with except for a couple(husband/wife that work in the same department). They used to work on the assembly line (with no knowledge or education in the quality craft like GD&T) for the previous company that was bought over by Honeywell. QC Management was notified by other previous inspectors other than me regarding their ignorant attitude and uneducated perspective on GD&T but it seem like favoritism kick into effect over new comer(maybe job security for both party). I'm still shock something like this could accur in this age and date especially in a reputable company like Honeywell! Any how, I took my talent elsewhere talent needed.
Pros
A lot of good people working there
Cons
shouldn't allow husband and wife to work in the same department
Was the best place I have ever worked
ANALYST/MECHANIC 1 (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALOctober 16, 2015
Besides the racial profiling of the management and team leaders, this was the best place in the world to work. Loved the job and experience I gained from fellow workers and the job itself. Had the best pay scale and profit sharing for employees.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS, GAIN SHARING AND WONDERFUL ASSOCIATE RECOGNITION
Cons
BAD TEAM MANAGEMENT SKILLS WITHIN TEAMS, SOME RACIAL ACTIVITIES WITHIN MANAGEMENT
Management Development
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 3, 2015
During my tenure at Honeywell, I was able to develop and grow as a leader. Being responsible for a unit was challenging and gave me the opportunity to exhibit my leadership and problem solving skills. I developed a camaraderie with my employees and co-workers that I value to this day.
Pros
Flex schedule
Benefits
Excellent company
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 17, 2015
Excellent company with a great environment, benefits, and is a company where you can establish a long-term career. Employees and management are very friendly.
Company stuck in the 80s
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 19, 2015
Corporate culture is very much stuck in the 80s. No advancement until you've been there for 30 years, compensation is just good enough you don't leave..but just barely.
Fortune 500 Company
Senior ISC Program Manager - Red Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2015
Excellent, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing culture. AERO market is declining. Good benefits and support needs for development.
Stale office culture
Business Consultant, BAS (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 19, 2015
Very little support for new employees. Most employees are 20 year employees that are reluctant to personalize with new employees because retention is very low.
Pros
health, auto, 401K
Cons
Englewood office culture
Excellent company to work for. Good opportunity to move up.
Sr. Negotiation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work is 10 hours
You have many opportunities to take internal classes
Management is big on escalation and willing to help out to get the job done.
Co-workers make all the difference when it comes to training and lessons learned. Eager to help and make you feel part of the team.

The hardest thing about this job is the long hours. We have 12 to 15 contracts to negotiate a year and the compliance regulations add an extra layer of red tape that slow things down.

The most enjoyable thing about this job is you never have a dull moment, you meet new suppliers with different commodities so you are always learning. The Stakeholder are very supportive.
Pros
Good Healthcare Benefits
Cons
No life and work demand balance
Site leader (Current Employee) –  Tuscan, MSDecember 3, 2015
The companies tries to manage resources annually which means they deem someone as an under- achiever. The employees typically have more than 20 years and are not trained to keep up with technology.
Pros
Internation Company
Cons
poor health benefits
Not what it used to be
SR ANALYST, PP&C (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2015
Pro's - Job dependent flexibility for sick, leave and vacation time. Many individual contributors are great people to work with.

Con's - Poor benefits. Health insurance is very expensive only offering a high deductible plan. Unprofessional management culture. Extreme levels of bureaucracy and politics. Rampant nepotism. Management focuses almost solely on subjective performance appraisals versus results or quality of work. The company does not possess clear direction.
The Walmart of the Aerospace Business
Senior Commodity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 21, 2015
Honeywell is a slavedriver and does not give you incentive. Once you are doing great, they RIF you before you get a deserved raise.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Lay offs
Nothing but lies
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 15, 2015
You will be told you will get one thing and it will change whenever they feel like it. Very unorganized for a large company.
Pros
Decent starting Salary
Cons
Lies
Positive working environment,growth opportunities and compensation
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed my career in the aerospace industry at Honeywell. It provided for my family and now I enjoy the retirement benefits.
Pros
Growth, Advancement, Teamwork
productive
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 11, 2015
run n setup n problem solve cnc lathe n grinder. co workers r great n management is good. learn about engines in military planes. nothing hard about the job.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
being a contractor with no benefits
Bad place to work if your a contractor.
Planner for Orion Program - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Typical day - too many meetings - barely enough time to complete everyday work requirements.

What I learned- Learned a great deal about the planning job from the Master Planner.

Management - very knowledgeable, goal driven, very helpful in providing support for all employees.

Co-workers- Too many trying to get ahead in the company by stepping all over the contractors.

Hardest part of job- having to attend all the meetings and still finding enough time in the day to complete the job you were hired for.
Pros
Good pay for Contractors
Company needs a direction
Area Manager (Mid-Atlantic/Northeast) (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 15, 2015
The company would perform better with a new CEO on top. Right now there is no focus beyond a 30-day term. Benefits are scaled back and management doesn't have a clear path of success outlined.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Benefits, Lack of direction from management, short-term focus
Logistics Manager/Oxblood Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 26, 2015
Fortune 500 hundred company. Great benefits and career opportunities. Equal employer along with supportive management. Empowers employees to succeed.
great place to work , made some good friends there .
warehouse order picker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 31, 2016
A typical day consisted of a morning meeting for about 10 minutes with the Shipping Manager and the Shipping crew to discuss anything regarding safety issues , who would be covering for another person should some one be off either sick or on vacation .
To look out for damaged product and bring to the attention of our Manager , as customers should not be sent anything damaged .
It was good to work with people from different cultures and back grounds , you should never judge a book by its cover , worked with people who worked hard to get the job done on time .
There was no `hard part of the job `, in the beginning you have to learn everything but over time it becomes easier and there was nothing to worry about , if you ever got stuck , there was always someone to help you , and everyone was easy to get along with , even the Manager and Supervisors ...