Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 2,116 reviews matching the search
Not a bad place to work, although it could use new management.
Engineering/Electronics Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2016
The work and the work environment are excellent. The new supervision has no knowledge of the business, most have never worked aircraft or electronics. They care way to much about getting products out on time instead of the quality and MTBF. They also care little about work life balance. That is only in one shop. The company in general is a pretty good place to work. Benefits are not the best but they are good. Pay is good but a bit below national standards. Co-workers are GREAT!
Pros
pay, benefits, co-workers, general enviornment
Cons
new management, work life balance, low quality concerns
High caliber work ethic
Specialist Project Sourcing/SPOC (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Sunrise and Sunsets merge often - much to do and much to learn about growing the capabilities of the business - work life balance challenging.

Learning was daily about the changing needs of the business and the challenge to connect with teams due to volume of business.

Management - spot on with knowledge and direction of business.

Most enjoyable was having the responsibility and knowing I was capable of performing at the level needed to drive business forward.
Pros
business direction solid, Management teams knowledgeable
Cons
Long work days
worse place to work for
PROPERTY SPECIALIST 2 (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2016
I only loved the pay. pay is great. I worked in the basement so you don't get to see the sun. management is awful. healthcare benefits STINKS!!!!! I had Kaiser through my employer and when I got into a bus accident on my way into work, I had to cover all my bills. anyway after paying the bills, I ended up receiving a Kaiser Permanente bill and they told me its because of the type of healthcare Plan I have through Honeywell. Its Limited meaning they cover so much and then you use that Healthcare Spend Account card to cover co-pay but they're wasn't any money on the card.
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare benfits
Not what it used to be
SR ANALYST, PP&C (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2015
Pro's - Job dependent flexibility for sick, leave and vacation time. Many individual contributors are great people to work with.

Con's - Poor benefits. Health insurance is very expensive only offering a high deductible plan. Unprofessional management culture. Extreme levels of bureaucracy and politics. Rampant nepotism. Management focuses almost solely on subjective performance appraisals versus results or quality of work. The company does not possess clear direction.
Fortune 500 Company
Senior ISC Program Manager - Red Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2015
Excellent, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing culture. AERO market is declining. Good benefits and support needs for development.
Stale office culture
Business Consultant, BAS (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 19, 2015
Very little support for new employees. Most employees are 20 year employees that are reluctant to personalize with new employees because retention is very low.
Pros
health, auto, 401K
Cons
Englewood office culture
HTSI's goal is value-added for society and for it's people
Project/Risk Analyst Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903September 24, 2016
Typical day at work involves a lot of meetings followed by risk analysis and preparing risk resolution strategies

I learned a lot about risk analysis

There are good and not so good managers; again, too many politics

Co-workers are generally supportive and easy to work with; again, too many politics

Dealing with work-place politics

Solving problems and preserving projects from failure
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, good challenges, value-added work
Cons
Inequitable work environment, too many politics
Site leader (Current Employee) –  Tuscan, MSDecember 3, 2015
The companies tries to manage resources annually which means they deem someone as an under- achiever. The employees typically have more than 20 years and are not trained to keep up with technology.
Pros
Internation Company
Cons
poor health benefits
The Walmart of the Aerospace Business
Senior Commodity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 21, 2015
Honeywell is a slavedriver and does not give you incentive. Once you are doing great, they RIF you before you get a deserved raise.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Lay offs
Good starting point in Corporate
Project Management, Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Northford, CTJune 12, 2016
Developed many close friends and learned a lot through my years here. Management is flexible and I am able to have a good life/work balance.

With recent changes, there are more "Thinkers" and less "Doers". Once a place to be proud to call home, now i tend to downplay what I do and who I work for so that I can leave work out of conversations.
Pros
Good place to start and get a sample of a corporate environment, great employees now considered personal friends.
Cons
The benefits are slowly being taken away or reduced, management allows bad behavior from awful employees to continue too long.
Nothing but lies
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 15, 2015
You will be told you will get one thing and it will change whenever they feel like it. Very unorganized for a large company.
Pros
Decent starting Salary
Cons
Lies
Best team I have ever worked with
National/International Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Turning point in my career.
Added focus put on me to succeed with international negotiations with global engineering companies and end users. Guided through this process with superior leadership that reviewed with me the things I will face on the international front. Instructed in business strategy, cost analysis, distribution management , building relationships and embracing the changes between cultures.
Pros
Wonderful place to work and learn
Cons
They were sold
Great Benefits!
Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Mars Hill, NCJune 10, 2015
I worked for Honeywell for 23 years. That job helped me raise my family and I am very thankful for the time that I was employed there. There were several things that I wish had been different in the company, but there are many things that made it fantastic to work there.
I learned to work in a team. I also learned to be the Associate Lead, and was responsible for the operations of the shift I was on. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between shifts. It was also hard that the company relocated our jobs to Mexico. A lot of good people lost their jobs because of this.The most enjoyable part was the fact that we had fun while putting out incomparable quality parts as well as meeting the production that was set for us. Several of the employees would make a game out of seeing who could run the most parts in a shift. It was good, clean, competitive fun.
Pros
Benefits, close to home.
Cons
Lack of communication, no job security.
Positive working environment,growth opportunities and compensation
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed my career in the aerospace industry at Honeywell. It provided for my family and now I enjoy the retirement benefits.
Pros
Growth, Advancement, Teamwork
Bad place to work if your a contractor.
Planner for Orion Program - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Typical day - too many meetings - barely enough time to complete everyday work requirements.

What I learned- Learned a great deal about the planning job from the Master Planner.

Management - very knowledgeable, goal driven, very helpful in providing support for all employees.

Co-workers- Too many trying to get ahead in the company by stepping all over the contractors.

Hardest part of job- having to attend all the meetings and still finding enough time in the day to complete the job you were hired for.
Pros
Good pay for Contractors
productive
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 11, 2015
run n setup n problem solve cnc lathe n grinder. co workers r great n management is good. learn about engines in military planes. nothing hard about the job.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
being a contractor with no benefits
Pay looks great until your forced to work 60+ hours a week, and pay overpriced insurance do to self funding
Reliability Engineer/Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 16, 2016
Honeywell has to be one of the most greediest companies that I have ever had the displeasure of working for. They expect you to work a min of 60 hours a week and not receive anything extra for it. The pay initially looks great until they hit you with the hidden disclaimer of actual work hours. The insurance is horrible and they are self funded. I would compare Honeywell to a company that advertises a low price to get you in the door then hits you with hidden fees.
Pros
Safety is a big concern
Cons
Actual pay for work wanted look out for the hidden objectives
Rewarding business environment taking care of customer inquiries and entering purchase orders.
INSIDE SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 4, 2016
I've enjoyed working as a Customer Service Representative for Honeywell for 18 years. I enjoy working with many wonderful people and have built professional relationships with customers and representatives and other employees. It is a very fast paced day spent multitasking with order entry, customer phone calls and resolving issues. Short staffing in this department has been the most frustrating aspect of the job.
Company needs a direction
Area Manager (Mid-Atlantic/Northeast) (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 15, 2015
The company would perform better with a new CEO on top. Right now there is no focus beyond a 30-day term. Benefits are scaled back and management doesn't have a clear path of success outlined.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor Benefits, Lack of direction from management, short-term focus
Logistics Manager/Oxblood Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 26, 2015
Fortune 500 hundred company. Great benefits and career opportunities. Equal employer along with supportive management. Empowers employees to succeed.