Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 2,340 reviews matching the search
Secure and fun place to work
Shipping & Receiving material handler, mach.opr. (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Various machine operation and running crews to operate various product lines. Insure quality of product by method of visual inspection and readying for labeling, packing with necessary paperwork and shipping out to customers !
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Plant closing
it's a great place to work where an individual can make a living
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 29, 2016
I was a fabricator in the finishing department. I loved my job because I basically worked by myself. I would look on the board an figure out the hottest parts to assemble. Rate was not an object to make. I would get my supplies an get my rate done before the shift ended.
Pros
I liked my supervisor
Cons
Some of the employees were all in everyone else's business
Great company to begin a career with
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 19, 2016
Started working here directly after college. Loved my coworkers and group. Eventually there was a management shift for the group, and a general downsizing. I would have stayed, otherwise. Enjoyed the work, but was a little too compartmentalized, so a little unfulfilling.
Pros
Friendly Peers
Cons
Red Tape
Exciting job that tested your business development and technical knowledge.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2016
Develop a sales pipeline and follow through with that pipeline to set up appointments and give capability presentations.

I learned the Plant's technical capabilities and how to go out and find matches with potential clients.

Management and co-workers very supportive and talented.

Hardest part of the job was the delay in getting the contracts signed and put into action. Most of the projects had government funding involved.

Most enjoyable was the variety of projects and clients. The projects were most of the time very important to national security.
Pros
Getting to travel, meet all levels of management, technical capabilities.
Cons
Just salary position for a business development job, no commission or bonus incentives.
College Grads AVOID
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 11, 2016
I come to work, say hi to the friendly people and then have no real work at my cube. Hours of sitting there wondering if one of these days you are going to be laid off or undergo another furlough since the company is falling. So beware to the recent college grads considering this place... because I am one myself and plan to leave by next year, I am giving a fair warning.
Pros
nice people to work with, something to put on a resume
Cons
not enough work, no real benefits or raises, managers are fairly stuck-up, morale is SUPER LOW, food is expensive (in cafeteria), lacking growth and stability
Do not care about their employee's
Production Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2016
The pay is good but there is no balance in work and family. You must be all HONEYWELL and family/parent last. They have some great people there but management is controlled by corporate office and you are just a number to them. They do not care about family but they preach and show you video's about safety and a friendly environment but once you're committed you see the truth about the process. If I had to make a decision for anyone I would tell them to work there for the experience and find something better.
Great Stability
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 10, 2016
Honeywell is a great company to work for in a tough economy. The company has grown in the 5 years I have been here. Although the growth has been mostly from acquisitions, Honeywell could do much to grow organically. Being an industrial company, it is sometimes hard to influence the use of successful technologies that could improve existing processes. I also feel it is tough to learn new skills like cloud technologies because the businesses I support aren't doing anything new. I have had great learning experiences here and this is the first public company I have worked for. Overall, a positive experience.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Slow moving, no professional skill growth
Overall good place to learn and get experience
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LA 70734October 4, 2016
I have earned multiple certifications within the plant in units such as Tankfarm, Waste Water Treatment, and the new Apollo unit currently being constructed. A typical day includes primarily writing permits and preparing equipment for contract or maintenance personnel to perform work tasks on. Didn't receive much formal training as most of the training I've gotten has been self induced.
Pros
Good place to get experiece and learn
A good place to work, good people and opportunity to work on good projects
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2016
I good place to work, but very hard to advance. Upper management does not appreciate their employees and usually take away benefits and raises to show savings.
Pros
Good family/life balance, Opportunity to work on challenging projects
Cons
Hard to advance
Worked remote
Marketing Director, Chemicals Process Automation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2016
Honeywell is a giant company and in my division the leadership decision seemed like dogs at squirrel farm- turning and yanking in the direction of the nearest squirrel. At one point I had 4 different managers in the span of 2 years. Though the hardest part of my job was the sense and feeling that my opinion and thoughts mattered very little. Additionally, the benefits continue to erode away but my salary was very competitive.
Cons
healthcare and dental insurance
Part of team learning new Satelite wifi technology
Senior Support Supervisor/JX Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2016
Conference calls with different Honeywell engineering, development and networking teams.
I have learned about aerospace networking equipment and satellite communications.
Management at Honeywell has a definite direction and give us the tools to achieve are goals. They are understanding when it comes to a work life balance.
My co-workers are great to work with, we have a good time and work well together.
The hardest part of my job is getting through the processes and red tape that come with a working for such a large company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning the new technology and getting to play with test equipment.
Pros
Knowledge sharing
Cons
healthcare, furloughs
Very professional people with a comfortable work evironment
Senior Project Manager / Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYDecember 12, 2016
Low and mid-level management are good, but upper management is always looking to take away from employees at every opportunity. The environment can be stressful at times.
Pros
Work Environment and Co-workers
Cons
Compensation and Benefits
Too many managers and not enough workers
Engineering Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 9, 2016
Great place to work until 2001 when Allied Signal bought Honeywell. It's just not the Honeywell "family" we all knew and loved. We felt solid 99% on time deliveries. The customer loved us. Now there are so many furloughs, lay-offs and no increase in pay in years - Aerospace-wide across the U.S. They want people to work hard yet there is no incentive to do so. The worker bees make all the money for Honeywell even with all their impossible policies and procedures that only throw roadblocks in front of people. As rich as the CEO is, he still manages to get his annual bonus while people are still making the same they did 4 years ago.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Health care deteriorating, implements fines for not signing up for certain things such as a yearly biometric screening.
Antenna
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 28, 2016
A typical day at work involve solving manufacturing problems and other processes. This site design and build unique RF components and antenna that does not allow for trial and error to solve production problems.
Pros
Design and build products that are unit is defence and space
Cons
Not an employee friendly company
Turmoil and Chaotic
Export Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2016
Of course, the job conditions depend on where you work and the management culture. My department at Honeywell was chaotic because management changed so often. Layoffs always loomed. One was always under the gun and no one seemed to be happy.
Pros
pay was OK for this area
Cons
management turmoil, insecurity
Productive and Challenging place
Sr Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 6, 2016
answering phones, customer service, taking orders, daily to weekly reports and vendor classes filling us with knowledge of new products as well as rewarding us for our hard work and daily dedication.
Pros
free lunches, 401k, benefits
Cons
poor management, favoritism of employees
Productive and great environment to work.
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILSeptember 25, 2016
Working at Honeywell was an amazing placed to work
The most important thing about my job there was that we build fire alarms and many others safety divices that save people lives.Also we had a great benefit package.
Throughout all this years I met a lot of good people with excellent skills. At first I thought that I was going to retired from this company.But the company decided to move their operations to Mexico. By doing this many people ended up unemploy.
Unorginzed
Quality Control Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CADecember 22, 2016
Management had no idea what to do to run the contract or it's people. Moreover, the management refused to listen to the workers to permute a better work environment and working conditions.
Pros
Fellow employees were good to work with
Cons
Management micromanaged and led with intimidation.
HTSI's goal is value-added for society and for it's people
Project/Risk Analyst Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903September 24, 2016
Typical day at work involves a lot of meetings followed by risk analysis and preparing risk resolution strategies

I learned a lot about risk analysis

There are good and not so good managers; again, too many politics

Co-workers are generally supportive and easy to work with; again, too many politics

Dealing with work-place politics

Solving problems and preserving projects from failure
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, good challenges, value-added work
Cons
Inequitable work environment, too many politics
Honeywell closed our operations facility.
Production and Repair Dept. Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace environment and culture declined as soon as Honeywell acquired the company. They do not appreciate or value assembly or support workers.
Pros
Cons
Band zero employees are treated like they have no value. Mmmm "Band 0"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.