Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 2,583 reviews matching the search
Leading edge of technology
QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 17, 2017
Great company work ethics and cutting edge technology. Developed many team skills and team building and makin you feel that you are part of the team success.
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Highly technical
Environment
Workflow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 17, 2017
Workplace is very clean and organized. 5's and safety is very important in the workplace. The workplace use a lot of visual management tools as well as maintaining a lean manufacturing facility.
Pros
Good Vacation Options
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun work in Honeywell
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bintan - IndonesiaApril 16, 2017
Low pressure and we can works with relax. We are have a good communication to each others. works 8 hours every day and have challenge every day that make we can fun to work every day
Pros
Free breakfast, Free lunch
Terrible Management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 13, 2017
If you're an independent contractor, you're basically below dirt on their feet - especially in the material management department. The two women that work there consistently treat any new hire/contractor terribly and continue to get away with it just because of their knowledge of the job. Stop hiring a 3rd person and just let them have that area, no one will ever be good enough. They went through 3 people prior to me, then at least 3 more after I left.
Great people worked at that facility
Ground Segment Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 13, 2017
This was a remote location outside Las Cruces NM. It was one of those jobs where once you entered for the day, you stayed your shift. Due to the 24 hour operation this was a normal way of life. Co workers were my contemporaries from an age and background perspective. This was a very experienced group and we understood job particulars as well as the supported mission. There was a abundance of support no matter what area you interfaced with on a daily basis. Working with the people was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Pros
People were focused on mission.
Cons
Long commute to facility.
Bad Management
Senior Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2017
Honeywell is more concerned with strategy and cost-cutting versus their employees. On a positive side, the projects and people are really nice and interesting.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Compensation
Raises were few and far between. Three work furloughs while I was there (<2 years)
Program Manager; Lead Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 11, 2017
Stressful, with minimum rewards. Every job was behind schedule and over budget. The prime contract was with Boeing, who was very demanding and changed requirements often without adequate compensation.
Production Technician/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 11, 2017
it was ok working here but it was long hours and stressful alot of times due to management. most co- workers were alright . it was alot of hard work in all types of weather
Pros
great pay and benefits
Not Applicable
System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
I had a good experience and learned a lot about honeywell, made lot of friends had a great time doing some business travelling. Overall it was surely a good experience for me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Opportunity for growth and a productive work environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 9, 2017
Office hours were flexible, typically an 8-5 or if you supported a site oversees then you would adjust your schedule to meet the needs of the supporting site or customer. I learned to work in a globally minded work environment and management was helpful in creating a good office culture. The hardest part of the job was standardizing processes to efficiently meet different sites in different parts of the world, difficult but challenging and that made it interesting.
Pros
good work life balance perspective, lots of company activities, team building activities
Cons
Short breaks and always pushing to make the yield even when work flow was low
Productive workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 7, 2017
Work schedule was flexible and co-workers worked hard to get the job done. Over the past few years, Honeywell UOP went thru hard times with low price per barrel of oil causing many customers to delay or cancel contracts the company continuously laid off employees while restructuring management. This not only decreased morale, it caused seasoned workers with 20 or more years of service to take a buy-out leaving too much work for the remaining employees.
I really enjoyed working with my team and other divisions within the campus. Training was lacking for a new employee, not considered an engineer and the buildings really needed attention and updating.
Overall a good place to work if you didn't mind always wondering when the next layoff would be coming.
Pros
Professional co-workers, company updates
Cons
Continuous employee layoffs without management losing their job.
great people
sr test technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 6, 2017
come into work and get my job done with no needed supervision. I work in a calm environment with very helpful technicians doing other test. no pressure that is over whelming. I enjoy working here very much.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
can be a little hard to move up the ladder
Not really a fun place to work...
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 6, 2017
I felt that this company gave me a very strong sense of "It's time to make the doughnuts, again", if you know what I mean, if was very monotonous. I always had a sense that we should all just keep our "nose to the grind stone".
Pros
I had a job
Cons
They cancelled my position through the contractor I was using.
It helps to know people
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23513April 6, 2017
High demands, poor technical support, and work overload. Pay was less than average for Electronic technicians in The DC area. The marines didn't get enough money to upgrade old equipment, but it kept growing at Quantico Marine base.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Old equipment that constantly broke down, understaffed
Rewarding Career
Software Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2017
Honeywell provides good careers for many people. I had many wonderful opportunities and experiences there. I was able to hone both technical knowledge and management skills.
great job
shipping and receiving inspector (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 5, 2017
Its a great job. Very friendly staff. Only if I worked there through the company I would probably still be there. It teaches you alot and you will enjoy learning the great things about honeywell
great place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 4, 2017
operating lathes, milling machines, grinders, and slicers to produce fariet components. review blue prints for job. calculate where to cut or bore, shape steel, titanium, plastics, silicon and other materials. Determine rate of speed and feed of machine. select tools and material for the job.
Good culture for Marketing
Strategic Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 4, 2017
Honeywell and Honeywell Analytics (where I worked) is heavily focused on marketing, product management, and developing products bases on solid VOC. They are also a very structured company, being ISO certified, everything is documented. They do a very good job promoting from within.
Pros
Great for someone in Marketing. Free coffee, promote from within.
Cons
Very large company, sometimes they make "small cuts" with big financial impact, like removing vision insurance from the benefits.
great place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 2, 2017
enjoyed my 19 years there. was with the company when they moved locations enjoyed working for this great company. I retired and really would of loved to stay on longer but my grandchildren needed to spend time with their grandmother
Honeywell was a great company with many benefits to employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 2, 2017
Calendaring and monitoring of CIO emails and responding/communicating accurately, promptly and sensitively to the subject matter. Answer and return calls. Arrange and reschedule meetings as needed. Travel arrangements and expense reporting.
Global Town Hall arrangements (video and teleconference) including the online presentation and copies as needed.
Pros
Large company afforded many options.
Cons
Frequent layoffs and reorganizations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.