Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 1,303 reviews matching the search
Fortune 500 Company
Senior ISC Program Manager - Red Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2015
Excellent, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing culture. AERO market is declining. Good benefits and support needs for development.
Repetitive work, easy task, controlling management personnel
Electronics Technician Jr. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2015
Although when hired they speak and talk to you as though you need to know electronics repair and its capabilities of equipment operation for Marine Corps type of comm/shop items; the truth is, that you will be no more than an installer of radio equipment to military vehicles. Also management tries to plan maintenance which they always prove they are not so good at doing, then rely on the personnel to make up for their mis-management. Somehow its always the workers fault things did not go as they planed. The work is not hard, hours are good (6-2:30) pay is generous, but o-boy the management is not employee friendly; they play favorites…… Good luck…..
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Can't learn a specific job as management will have you stretched out all over
Always on Guard Never know if you will have a job
Billing Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 23, 2015
Employees are told the company is doing so well and in the same breathe they are laying of massive amount of employees. You are always on guard as to whether or not you will have a job.
Hard working / Goal Orientated Work Environment
Customer and Product Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2015
Honeywell is a great company to work for. They have very competitive salaries, benefits and opportunities. They will help pay for your schooling as long as you are performing at work on your yearly reviews. It is a very goal/task orientated environment that has little to no time for horse play or loss of focus. When you work at Honeywell you will work your entire day and it can be a very draining environment as many departments are very high stress roles. Many of the jobs have great opportunities for travel across the globe. If you are able to position yourself correctly you can have a long lasting career with Honeywell.
Pros
Work Travel, Competitive Salary, College Tuition
Cons
Layoffs, Furloughs, Paycuts
No structure
Material Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
Don't bother taking additional roles and responsibilities. Constantly flexing down, and retention is not based on performance or need. Retention is based of buddy system with management.
The Walmart of the Aerospace Business
Senior Commodity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 21, 2015
Honeywell is a slavedriver and does not give you incentive. Once you are doing great, they RIF you before you get a deserved raise.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Lay offs
OK
Senior Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 20, 2015
Fine. nothing special. I recommend to people who like a big company. Very global, and the work can be demanding. The bosses can be good or bad depending on your luck
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Too big
Temporary position
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING/WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2015
Wasn't my favorite job. This was a temp position, wasn't planning to be hired. The company didn't care for their employees.
Family orientated
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 19, 2015
Workflow was consistent always staying busy
Gained knowledge of safety in a work place and procedures
Upper Management was lacking motivation for thriving employees
Co-workers were like family, always assisting and helping each other on a daily basis to improve work ethics
Hardest part of working there was upper management not providing motivation and appreciation to employees
I most enjoyed the people and atmosphere
Pros
Gained new friends
Cons
healthcare and advancement
Stale office culture
Business Consultant, BAS (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 19, 2015
Very little support for new employees. Most employees are 20 year employees that are reluctant to personalize with new employees because retention is very low.
Pros
health, auto, 401K
Cons
Englewood office culture
Work was great; job security not!
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 18, 2015
Not much job security, but thoroughly enjoyed working there for the short period of time as a contractor. Would love to have worked there longer, but there was budget cuts and the contractors were let go.
Good company to work for
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Lots of interaction with fellow workers and customers. Good resources to work with. Great training opportunities. Great diversity and opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
Diversity
Very thankful for my 27 years at Honeywell
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 16, 2015
Gained quite a bit of experience while enjoying the opportunities given during my employment at Honeywell. After 27 years of service employee's have become family and will greatly missed. Honeywell provided wonderful opportunities while havening the ability for working remote or flexible hours when needed throughout my career.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Management Styles of some leaders
Well run manufacturing and services company
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2015
Respected industry leader in building automation and energy services that is well managed, customer focused, and employee focused.
Pros
Great branding
Great positions but doesn't value it's employee's.
Customer Contact Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2015
I was able to interact with customers throughout the day via phone or email. The job itself requires multi-tasking with ease. You work from 2 computer monitors, 4 different database systems, instant messaging and email, responsible for incoming and outbound calls, & MS Excel spreadsheet management. Also, I was responsible for assigning tasks, coaching and training my fellow team mates. This position requires a great memory as you are required to memorize volumes of program information and trouble shooting codes while assisting the customer. It is an absolutely great job position, I have grown tremendously by investing myself in this company. I really enjoyed my position! I had a great team to work with as well! Everyone helped each other.

The downside is the culture of the department I worked for. There are more temporary employees than permanent.They offer no benefits, time off, or vacation and low salary to the temps but permanent employees are treated well in these areas. The temporary employees are told they would become permanent after a certain amount of time if we meet the criteria. There are temps who have been there for over 3 years believing that someday they will become a permanent employee with such an established company as Honeywell. I exceeded above and beyond the requirements within the 6 month time frame I was given and was told I would become permanent. Then they told me there is a freeze on hiring. I was promoted to a position requiring more responsibility. I took it without a pay increase because they said it would make me more eligible than others when
  more... the time came.

I think the position is great and I have seen my capacity grow tremendously but I am not treated as a valuable investor at this company.
To many layers of mangement
Engineer III Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2015
The AERO group is unnecessary as far as I am concerned. I worked with customers who had a better rating of my site than AERO did as far as quality escapes. Time and money is wasted by the sites trying to satisfy AERO metrics which don't match the customers.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Professional work environment.
Shipping /Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2015
Freedom to micro manage work environment and ability to communicate issues/concerns with management with corrective measures to follow.
Pros
Free lunches during customer appreciation & training seminars as well as inventories.
Cons
Not much regarding lateral advancement opportunities.
Review
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 12, 2015
Good company to work for and a great company to begin your career with. Lots of opportunity to advance if your willing to work hard and be dedicated.
T-55 Turbo Shaft Jet Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 11, 2015
Good pay, good benefits. Occasional mandatory overtime. Got my introduction to the Lean Manufacturing philosophy while working at Honeywell.
Metric, Metrics, Metrics. . .Stress and Misery
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 11, 2015
Too many metrics often to leading to bad decisions in the interest of meeting a metric . . . High stress environment. Many are not satisfied or frustrated.

Good environment to develop, but don't stay too long or you'll get burned out.

Benefits are expensive...High deductible plans
Bonuses are paid only to leaders (i.e., Level 4 and above) while much of the workforce are Level 3s and below.
Restricted Education benefits.

I'm a good performer, but I'm leaving as soon as I find anything.
Pros
Aerospace pays better than most
Cons
Unnecesssary stress + too many metrics + Supplier abuse