Honor Credit Union Employee Reviews

Immature hiring managers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIJuly 7, 2016
Working at Honor CU was quite an eye-opener at best. During my 3 years there I was able to see most of the staff for what they truly are. They are nice to your face, and always seem to encourage you, but will tell other managers what they really think of you if they don't like you. Unfortunately this appears to be quite consistent in the Financial industry with most positions. While working for Honor CU I had witnessed 8 different instances where hiring managers treated applicants unfairly, or even internal employees that were WELL qualified for a position posted.

I recall speaking with my direct manager regarding 2 candidates I had referred and she said "yes they are qualified for the position, but we just didn't click". Another situation was the same hiring manager not hiring an applicant because she had went to school with this person in elementary school and the person was "We didn't really get along back then".

The position had been posted for 1 whole year before it was filled, and that person left shortly after. To this date, the position remains unfilled because of a hiring manager that chooses candidates based on purely how they "click" rather than what they can do to help the company. Absolutely absurd and very sad for Honor CU to have employees such as this holding them back.

In all honesty, the place is just like high school, with drama, and certain people getting special treatment and advancement opportunities.
Pros
It was 2 minutes from my house
Cons
back-stabbing, unfair treatment of employees/applicants, unless you are a selected special person you will be held back.
Growing Company with opportunities to advance
Finance Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy working at Honor Credit Union. I love the research of the daily tasks. I have learned how all the back office duties flow together. I have had the opportunity to advance. I enjoy assisting coworkers with problems and showing them how to find and resolve.
Pros
excellent work environment, benefits
Fun Place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2012
Going through new changes so this company is still a work in progress. But fun to work at still
Pros
short hrs
Cons
no benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honor Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8