HOOD PACKAGING

HOOD PACKAGING United States Employee Reviews

My job can be laid back at time depending on how the machines are running, but at the same time can be a high stress job if things break or don't work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, i like the people i work with.
Cons: machinery breaking down, better health insurance package would be nice.
My typical day at work is coming in and running the machine, or setting up a new job to run, I've learned to run machines which is something in never did in the past, my co workers are great and we get along, the hardest part of my job is setting up the machine for a new job but it just takes time and patients, I like when complete a job set up and have the machine running knowing I did things right and the way there suppose to be done.
Lean Manufacturing
Printing Department Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: taking pride in the finished product.
Cons: lack of materials to effectively meet customers expectations.
A typical day at work would include producing a quality product while meeting customer expectations.

I learned how to effectively manage a diverse work crew. The management team was supportive in the way I managed the work force. My co-workers werr friendly an fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was trying to complete orders without all of the raw materials needed to do so. Working with a friendly work crew and co-workers made the job enjoyable.
Productive work environment with room to advance
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHApril 24, 2014
Pros: short distance from my home
Cons: driving in adverse weather conditions
I learned to operate heavy machinery and drive a forklift. Pleasant comradery among co-workers. The hardest of the job was the heavy lifting over a long period of time. The best part about the job was the good pay and friends I made along the way.
great place to work
Plate Coordinator (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 20, 2014
It was a great place to work. They paid very well. The people there were like family very close and helpful to each other.
not productive place to work at all.
Press Assistant (Former Employee), decatur ga.November 25, 2013
company never made any money,always reprinting jobs.managnement did not have a ciue in my appinion.employees on the floor were great to work with.
Horrible Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Hood is only concerned with numbers. They do not care for their employees or about making a quality product.
always positive and productive
Press Operator Assistant (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: overtime to enhance pay
Cons: sometimes no breaks depending work load
productive enviroment with a insensitive relationship with employees. Shift supervisors culture needs to be more of a ownership orientation rather than a management orientation cultuure. A normal of work consists of check dockets for material needed for that particular job.
great people with bonus plans
Supervisor Bottoming (Former Employee), Wilmington ohioAugust 12, 2013
again great place to work , great people , just left for better money
Hood Packaging
Fork Lift/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Oxford, ALMay 30, 2013
Pros: work was steady
Cons: did not really have any
This position was good for me because I was over my own warehouse which allowed me to gain superviorary skills and work independently.
A productive work environment, with good management, and friendley co-workers
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Monticello, ARApril 30, 2013
Pros: laid back
We usually have several call outs a day working on machines, and do P.M. routes on Mondays and Tuesdays. I learned a lot about how electrical boxes are installed and maintained, and that was my favorite thing. My least favorite thing would have to be the down time when there are no projects going on. The co-workers make it a great work environment, and the management does a wonderful job of being laid back, yet serious when it is required.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hamlet, NCMarch 8, 2013
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: hot factory
I enjoyed the laborer and I learn new things on this job. The work was steady and kept time flying.
overall
Production Worker (Former Employee), WilmingtonJanuary 14, 2013
learned alot at this job,very demanding position, liked working there
and got along good with the coworkers
Fast paced work environment
Print Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: fast paced, physical work environment
Cons: management is hard to reach
A typical work day includes loading stacking finished product for shipping and print press maintenance. Management was most time inaccessible. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the print press at the end of the night. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Industry Leader - Multiwall Paper Bags
Materials Manager/Inventory Control (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHJuly 19, 2012
Obtained extensive experience in many facets of the organization. Little to no advancement opportunity,

HOOD PACKAGING Salaries