HOOD PACKAGING Employee Reviews

Closed Omaha Plant
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2017
Fast pace environment
Excellent paying job
Day at work requires to read orders and setup machine.
People nice to work with.
On your feed eight hours plus a day.
hot and dirty
Web Press 'A' operator 'B' operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 14, 2017
Very hot and dirty place to work, is very lean as in you wont receive much if any help. fast pace hurry hurry hurry attitude with little room for error.
Pros
pay for A ops
Cons
everything else
Great Plant Manager fair work place
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJune 25, 2017
Plant management was great to work. People in operations great. Problems came when new engineer came to plant and micro managed Maintenance. Not my work style.
Pros
Excelent Plant manager and Operations Supervisors
Cons
Engineer bad mix in plant.
Good place to work, but needs some work
Dresser/ Substitute Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Monticello, ARJune 14, 2017
It's good work, but I felt like I was undervalued. I also didn't like the long hours and what seemed to be a contradictory set of rules. Overall, I think it is one of the best places to work in Monticello, but then again, Monticello is notorious for poor job choice.
Pros
Good pay, relatively easy work, Supportive co workers.
Cons
Contradictory rules, not climate controled, long hours, inconsiderate of degrees, temp hiring mandatory
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJanuary 30, 2017
we made bags for dog food cat food kitty litter ect. I worked on my own machine so that means I had to slow it down or speed it up when needed. I put the bags on the roller and push start I had to check the bags to make sure they where ok do go in the box to get shipped out. always a great time working there I worked third there always 11`pm-7am
Pros
goodpay learned new things
Cons
no healthcare always tired worked over alot
Good company to work for..
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Came in this position knowing one thing,after 6mos knowing how to run the whole dept..willing to learn they would teach.i was sorry to go cut backs came and,i was laidoff..
Pros
good training
Cons
Had to work 12 days straight, sometimes
Money is great
Tuber B Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 29, 2016
Benefits and pay are great. Work/home balance is terrible. 7 point attendance policy is very strict. You are always replaceable to management.
Pros
Money, Breaks
Cons
Covering vacation and military time
I like the way the schedule is in this company.
Material Handler/ Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 24, 2016
I enjoy working in this workplace. the pay is wonderful, and there is a lot of wonderful people here. This is a different style of workplace from what I'm used to.
great people
Graphics and Press Manager, Ok'd All (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARMay 23, 2016
worked here for 9 years without to many issues, was asked to do
a start up for printing operations and completed, was asked to step down as manager to run equipment.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
upper management poor
Department Managers responsilbilties
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OhioMay 1, 2016
I managed 34 associates and 4 front line supervisors. I was responsible for all 4 shifts safety, quality and production. My lines lead the company in bags per man-hour, least downtime and fewest quality complaints.
Pros
Health care and pay
Cons
Upper management
prodcutive assembley
Machine assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 5, 2016
I like the people I work with. Ive learned how to properly package items to be mailed to customers. Management has been very reposive. I
Assist machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCMarch 17, 2016
Stock handler. Assisted machine operator. Placed shaft into rolls of paper and loaded onto machines. Checked quality. Did not work here long.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hot, no air conditioning
Poor environment and management.
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 13, 2015
The working environment was terrible. Even for manufacturing work its amazing how this place passes safety and health inspections. Very very poor training and management. Employee welfare and safety was clearly at the bottom of the priorities list for this company.
Pros
Pay was decent for the area
Cons
Poor conditions. Poor management. Poor training.
The people I work with and supervisors are the best part
Press Operator I (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 22, 2015
Difficult to work with the schedule. The people and supervisors are great. They are with a union so benefits are superb. The job itself is not difficult but can be strenuous at times.
Master Class Inno-Lok Operator
Master Class Inno-Lok Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 14, 2015
Manufacture of plastic bags. Inno-lok machine attaches zipper material on film before converted into finished goods (bags). My description is in charge of training new employees starting on the inno-lok machine. Testing new material, i.e. zippers and film for new customers. Able to read and understand work order and follow all requirements and specifications. Make all adjustments required on the machine and make minor repairs. Work with upper management with nonconforming material and scheduling orders on the inno-lok machines.
Flexographic Printing Press Operator
Flexographic Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Crossett, ARJuly 21, 2015
All in all, I really enjoy running a printing press. I believe in all my heart it is a skilled job, that if you are good at it, you can find work if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
match 401k, health/vision/dental insurance
they have a bunche of idoits in charge
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 9, 2015
they lie to you all the time try to work you to death expect one person to do the job of three or four people. they wont you to be available on your scheduled day off to work and make you work 16hr shifts
Pros
Cons
everything
Over all great company to work for.
Printing/Converting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 11, 2015
Maintain machine efficiencies by working and communicating with the operators. Study manufactoring schedule to insure release dates are made. Communicate daily with customer service and scheduking
Good Company
Plant Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2015
Very good company to work for. Good Benefits. Good pay and friendly atmosphere. Good management and you are in the loop within the decision making process,
Nice people
Pouch (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 19, 2014
I'm not cut out for factory work. Very boring. The people were nice. I did learn how much work goes into the process of making and shipping all kinds of bags.
Pros
Nice people and one free lunch a month.
Cons
Very boring. Mind numbing.