HOOD PACKAGING Employee Reviews

productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJanuary 30, 2017
we made bags for dog food cat food kitty litter ect. I worked on my own machine so that means I had to slow it down or speed it up when needed. I put the bags on the roller and push start I had to check the bags to make sure they where ok do go in the box to get shipped out. always a great time working there I worked third there always 11`pm-7am
Pros
goodpay learned new things
Cons
no healthcare always tired worked over alot
Money is great
Tuber B Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 29, 2016
Benefits and pay are great. Work/home balance is terrible. 7 point attendance policy is very strict. You are always replaceable to management.
Pros
Money, Breaks
Cons
Covering vacation and military time
I like the way the schedule is in this company.
Material Handler/ Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 24, 2016
I enjoy working in this workplace. the pay is wonderful, and there is a lot of wonderful people here. This is a different style of workplace from what I'm used to.
great people
Graphics and Press Manager, Ok'd All (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARMay 23, 2016
worked here for 9 years without to many issues, was asked to do
a start up for printing operations and completed, was asked to step down as manager to run equipment.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
upper management poor
Department Managers responsilbilties
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OhioMay 1, 2016
I managed 34 associates and 4 front line supervisors. I was responsible for all 4 shifts safety, quality and production. My lines lead the company in bags per man-hour, least downtime and fewest quality complaints.
Pros
Health care and pay
Cons
Upper management
prodcutive assembley
Machine assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 5, 2016
I like the people I work with. Ive learned how to properly package items to be mailed to customers. Management has been very reposive. I
Assist machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCMarch 17, 2016
Stock handler. Assisted machine operator. Placed shaft into rolls of paper and loaded onto machines. Checked quality. Did not work here long.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hot, no air conditioning
Poor environment and management.
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 13, 2015
The working environment was terrible. Even for manufacturing work its amazing how this place passes safety and health inspections. Very very poor training and management. Employee welfare and safety was clearly at the bottom of the priorities list for this company.
Pros
Pay was decent for the area
Cons
Poor conditions. Poor management. Poor training.
The people I work with and supervisors are the best part
Press Operator I (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 22, 2015
Difficult to work with the schedule. The people and supervisors are great. They are with a union so benefits are superb. The job itself is not difficult but can be strenuous at times.
Master Class Inno-Lok Operator
Master Class Inno-Lok Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 14, 2015
Manufacture of plastic bags. Inno-lok machine attaches zipper material on film before converted into finished goods (bags). My description is in charge of training new employees starting on the inno-lok machine. Testing new material, i.e. zippers and film for new customers. Able to read and understand work order and follow all requirements and specifications. Make all adjustments required on the machine and make minor repairs. Work with upper management with nonconforming material and scheduling orders on the inno-lok machines.
Flexographic Printing Press Operator
Flexographic Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Crossett, ARJuly 21, 2015
All in all, I really enjoy running a printing press. I believe in all my heart it is a skilled job, that if you are good at it, you can find work if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
match 401k, health/vision/dental insurance
they have a bunche of idoits in charge
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 9, 2015
they lie to you all the time try to work you to death expect one person to do the job of three or four people. they wont you to be available on your scheduled day off to work and make you work 16hr shifts
Pros
Cons
everything
Over all great company to work for.
Printing/Converting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 11, 2015
Maintain machine efficiencies by working and communicating with the operators. Study manufactoring schedule to insure release dates are made. Communicate daily with customer service and scheduking
Good Company
Plant Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2015
Very good company to work for. Good Benefits. Good pay and friendly atmosphere. Good management and you are in the loop within the decision making process,
Nice people
Pouch (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 19, 2014
I'm not cut out for factory work. Very boring. The people were nice. I did learn how much work goes into the process of making and shipping all kinds of bags.
Pros
Nice people and one free lunch a month.
Cons
Very boring. Mind numbing.
My job can be laid back at time depending on how the machines are running, but at the same time can be a high stress job if things break or don't work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 29, 2014
My typical day at work is coming in and running the machine, or setting up a new job to run, I've learned to run machines which is something in never did in the past, my co workers are great and we get along, the hardest part of my job is setting up the machine for a new job but it just takes time and patients, I like when complete a job set up and have the machine running knowing I did things right and the way there suppose to be done.
Pros
Good pay, I like the people i work with.
Cons
Machinery breaking down, better health insurance package would be nice.
Lean Manufacturing
Printing Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work would include producing a quality product while meeting customer expectations.

I learned how to effectively manage a diverse work crew. The management team was supportive in the way I managed the work force. My co-workers werr friendly an fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was trying to complete orders without all of the raw materials needed to do so. Working with a friendly work crew and co-workers made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Taking pride in the finished product.
Cons
Lack of materials to effectively meet customers expectations.
Productive work environment with room to advance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 24, 2014
I learned to operate heavy machinery and drive a forklift. Pleasant comradery among co-workers. The hardest of the job was the heavy lifting over a long period of time. The best part about the job was the good pay and friends I made along the way.
Pros
Short distance from my home
Cons
Driving in adverse weather conditions
great place to work
Plate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 20, 2014
It was a great place to work. They paid very well. The people there were like family very close and helpful to each other.
not productive place to work at all.
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  decatur ga.November 25, 2013
company never made any money,always reprinting jobs.managnement did not have a ciue in my appinion.employees on the floor were great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOOD PACKAGING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9