HOODZ Employee Reviews

HOODZ OF NY is a growing company and there's lots of opportunities
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  NYCDecember 20, 2017
I like this job because it's fast paced and demanding and what I like most about it is the culture of appreciation. I feel that anytime I go the extra mile it's recognized and rewarded. The hours and schedule can be demanding at times but if you treat it as a career and not just a job you can really make good money and have stability for your family and yourself.
Pros
Paid bonuses, Paid time off, No one over your shoulder barking orders. Left to your own to complete the work.
Cons
Dirty work. Complex night schedule. Hard work.
Longbeach, Ms. Worst place to ever work.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSDecember 20, 2017
I would like to say.. (Hoodz) of the Gulf Coast.
Longbeach Mississippi. Has the Most Worst Infrastructure, within the Company and Owner.
Lack of Communication Skills between the Lead techs
And Owner. And False Advertisement For Employment.
Everything promised is a lie In there Employment Advertisement. This Company has Non- Educated Felons working within the Company and plays a major role in High Turn overs. This is not a Great place to work by any means at all. This Company is running by a thread I say. But don't take my word for it. Have at it.
Cons
Bad Infrastructure.
Unstructured and demanding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2017
Overall there's a job for everyone! Unfortunately this specific branch I was employed for did not leave a good impression. The work life balance was non existent.
Trash
Spray Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2017
Very stressful and employees get treated like dirt. Didn’t get paid over time even if I got more than 40 hours, plus there where no benefits. I did not have a good experience at this job.
Pros
Not a lot of hard labor
Cons
A lot
stresfull and bad verbal abuse and no pay raises and no lunches
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Phelan, CAOctober 15, 2017
i worked here for a while robert does not comunicate well and no advancement he does not care about the workers he is money hungry and screams and yells and cusses alot at workers when hes upset most stuff is out of workers control and he still verbal abuses people no breaks and lunches
Wish I could've gotten more hours.
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 2, 2017
My owner stopped calling, emailing and putting me on the schedule. I still wasn't told why. I liked working there when I could get hours. Everything seemed fine until my partner got hurt.
great place to work
Lead technician responsible for customer service (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 24, 2017
worked here for one summer, it was a great experience and gives you a whole new appreciation for what goes into keeping a kitchen clean on a daily basis.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long nights
Hard and dirty work but rewarding
Supervusor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 11, 2017
I was a supervisor at Hoodz and had my own crew that traveled in a three state area. We cleaned industrial hood systems.I was in charge of seeing everything was wrapped and protected from chemicals and water that was used to clean the hoods
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
alcohol and drug use on the job from workers I was in charge of
lack of work and advancement opportunities
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
Hoodz was very unprofessional and had little next to none far as respect for its workers. unable to advance based off work performance but rather by favoritism.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
poor communication
It was very exciting and something new to learn every dat on the job.
Hood Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2017
I can install exhaust fan hinge kits. I cleans the entire system ensuring that all accessible surfaces are cleaned down to bare metal or the acceptable limit according to the authority having jurisdiction and the NFPA #96.
hoodz lead tech
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandy Station, VAJuly 11, 2017
I worked there for close to 5 years, it was a very good experience, and a good job with plenty of job security and opportunity for advancement, as well as flexible management
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Long hours difficult work
productive work environment with growth potential
i do a good job (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJune 21, 2017
i was a good worker &always on time &always respect other people &just do my job i like working with other worker & i always do my job right & always.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Work areas not sanitary
good paying job for someone young and no family
kitchen exhaust cleaning, tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 6, 2017
State wide job, 40 to 90+hours a week, mainly night work after restaurants close down, clean hoods with powerwasher and a lot of elbow grease. The travel is enjoyable, hours are not.
Pros
job security
Cons
loss of employees, unreasonable hours, job can be very dangerous.
No work life balance, dirty, no room for growth.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJNovember 16, 2016
Absolutly no work life balance. Schedule is a week in advance. And if you plan something's two weeks in advance you can forget about it. No advance notice of what shift your working. One week your overnights and the next week your days. No room for growth. Once you become a lead tech that's pretty much it. Low pay also. No breaks either! Driving to the next location is considered your break.
Pros
Overtime, different location every night
Cons
Low pay, no work life/balance, no breaks
Great Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2016
Love the job. Great teammates! Reasonable pay. Longer hours, being a third shift job. Great equipment that sometimes uses a bit of maintaince from time to time. Normal ware and tare. Great company to work for! Highly recommend
Productive, labor work, and great team-work
Kitchen exhaust technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day can vary from working early in the morning to the afternoon, and sometimes even late evenings. Things a worker can learn is the essential functions of all tools used to clean, a certain process to properly perform a kitchen exhaust cleaning, and specific parts of a kitchen exhaust system you clean. Working with others on the job keeps the job running and the time passes by as you work and discuss with others on what else needs to be done or if any extra work needs to be attended to. The job gets complicated once you are experiencing an area with little room to work with. What you will enjoy about the job is performing the job, you will love the satisfaction of transforming what was once a dirty kitchen exhaust to something you wouldn't expect under it all.
Relaxed work environment
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 15, 2014
Typical day at work; emails, phone calls, scheduling, break. Emails, phone calls, scheduling, break. Errands, maintenance and repair some days, Break. Hood cleaning.
I`ve learned that running a company is hard work.
Management is hard pressed.
Co-workers come and go.
Its hard to get on a schedule.
I like meeting new people.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
High turn over
the low down on hoodz
Lead technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 5, 2014
i clean commercial kitchen hoodz. i learned everything that has to do with cleaning a commercial kitchen. my co wokers was my boss. cleaning the vents on roof was the toughest part of my job. the most enjoyable part was going to different restaurants.
Pros
free drinks.
Cons
realllllly dirty job.
Great place to learn new things
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
being a supervisor at hoodz is a hand full but rewarding experience, a typical day could range from 12 to 16 hour shifts ensuring each customer got top notch cleaning. i learned how to be a great leader and great time management skills.
Pros
great boss, weekends off
Cons
no insurance, exhausting
Poor management
Supervisor, Lead Roof Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2014
Under pays employees, doesn't have worker's compensation, no insurance options, does not pay promised wages, and is all around a horrible work experience.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOODZ. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9