Hooper Holmes Employee Reviews in United States

Freedom to set own hours
Examiner, Hooper Holmes (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 10, 2016
Wonderful company to be involved with, staff is very friendly and they pay very well for services rendered. Gas reimbursement.
Pros
Well Paid and compensated for personal use of equipment, meals, gas, ect..
Cons
Contract work, therefore taxes must be self paid
I enjoy meeting new people.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 22, 2016
Working for Hooper Holmes has been a great experience with travel, meeting new co-workers at each event, working independently, and creating a comfortable atmosphere for the participant.
Pros
Salary, expenses paid for mileage and hotel accommodations
Cons
Not enough work for the entire year
Hooper Holmes
MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2016
I loved my job and the people. They laid me off with no warning and no severance pay.

I enjoyed working for Hooper Holmes and I would still be working there if they had not laid me off.

There are a lot of very nice people who work there and I learned a lot.
work PRN
vital sign, drew blood finger stick and VP, refill (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 9, 2016
I meet new people daily work with many culture, rooming pt, vital sign, some lab work, finger stick, VP, work with diff provider and nurse.
Chaos on the home front
Field Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 7, 2015
This company on the outer appearance may be in the top ranks as far as performance but internally it is one big show boat of a circus. Major freak show running the show and it will sink sooner or later.
They make you feel as though if you are not a member of management you are beneath them and they don't even have a clue of how to run the company or properly conduct themselves.
Pros
There are no pros but the pennies you bring home with every paycheck.
Cons
Management is poor, The company is poorly run, No professionals anywhere, Everyone is brought in off of the street and given a task basically winging it.
Love the company/job,wish i could work year round but its seasonal.
Examiner (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 3, 2015
Overall like the company.This is great opportunity for anyone that's a stay at home mom or someone whom is retired.The work is easy,no hassels of being confined to a set place,wonderful traveling adventures.
Pros
Flexible hrs.
Cons
Not enough work in my area.
No comment
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 22, 2015
For a company that has been in existance for as long as this company has, there is alot of room for improvement, which starts with the CEO down
great company
Paramedical Examiner/Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  akron ohioAugust 26, 2015
great company! work on your time, make you own schedule, but you HAVE to be good at what you do! if your are a medical assistant looking for part time work and have a reliable car this is a great oppertunity
Positive Environment
Wellness Examiner (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 2, 2015
Good communication with contractors
Great opportunities
I enjoy meeting new people and promoting person health informaiton
Pros
Competitive pay scale
Cons
infrequent clinicsoffered
Great people, flexible
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 2, 2015
Working for Hooper Holmes has been a great experience. The people I work with are all very nice, responsible and easy going. When you're ready to work, you're able to log in to the system and schedule working hours. This option is great and really love that aspect of Hooper Holmes.
Hooper Holmes
Mobile Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2015
Hooper Holmes is a professionally ran Biometric Screening facilitator. I love it and it is very convenient for time. It pays well and the administrators and very helpful when you need to reach out to them.
awful place to work.
csr (Former Employee) –  olatheJuly 22, 2015
This is an abysmal place to be employed. It is temp-to-hire, but you never know when you will get hired on. Some temps were here as long as 2 years before getting signed on as an employee. The lower management is tolerable to your face, but there is as much drama as there is in a high school, with plenty of favoritism to go around.

Executives are completely out of touch with the employees, most workers don't event know who they are or what they do. The Director of Operations is probably the worst person in upper management, he as absolutely NO personal skills, is incredibly rude, and expects all employees to do things his way even though he was hired in and doesn't really know how things get done.

Morale is super low due to the low wages and the just-barely-better-than-not-having-any benefits that are provided, and the less than approachable management.

The only thing remotely positive is that it is a full time job that has a paycheck, which is better than nothing.
Pros
there is a paycheck, bi-weekly
Cons
managment, bad benefits
evaluation for Hooper Holmes, 5 star
LPN event manager specialist (Current Employee) –  olathe ksJuly 17, 2015
Hooper Holmes is a large corporation providing well organized wellness screenings for companies. I like having the flexibility to work part time, to work as much or little as I choose. I have been very satisfied with them. The staffing personal are polite and helpful.
Pros
ability to work part time
Cons
no breaks between long screenings, that are 5-6 hours straight
Non appreciative, take advantage of contractors
lead (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 30, 2015
I worked for this company for 10 years,gave 150%& they took advantage of us all! Took pay away,' what company cuts pay for Great performance?' Lots of backstabbing going on with upper management!
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Pay decrease, backstabbing
poor pay
none (Former Employee) –  cause it's not worth itFebruary 25, 2015
Don't let them fool you into thinking you are paid well, these rates are lower than what I made in 2004. I like how they try to fool you into thinking this is a great job, but in all reality it's unstable. Hours unknown, paid based on . Participants? You are there as a health professional, the participants showing up or not isn't your fault! Stay away from this type of employer, most employers looking for employees overlook these type of employment situations and in fact can make your resume look bad, these are the first people to go to the bottom of the resume pile! (As I've been told by other H R administrators, these people "expect to much flexibility" that doesn't exist in the real world of health care. If you want a firm resume stay away from these temporary companies. Many have come and gone and they seem to just help you build a less than ideal resume.
Cons
deflated resume, unstable employment, low pay
Flexible Work Enviornment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 20, 2015
This job requires self-management, heavy analytical and organization skills, however once you understand the screening workflow; you can have a productive work day.
Pros
no micromanagement of delegated job duties
Cons
poor reimbursement rate for travel, very early arrival times, very low pay for nursing/ medical staff
Flexible but unreliable
Health Professional (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 22, 2015
There is flexibility in being able to choose the events you would like to participate in. However the number of events are inconsistent.
Easy job with a good environment.
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 16, 2015
This job consisted of calling health professionals to recruit them for scheduled events. My manager was very helpful and nice.
Pros
work load was consistent.
Cons
job placement
fun co workers to work with friendly participants and get to travel outside of minnesota.
medical assistant/phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 15, 2015
overall enjoy working with the office people from hooper holmes communication is good what i love most about the company is i get to travel and stay over nights sometimes weeks.
Pros
they provide hotels and pay for expenses
Cons
wish it wasn't a first come first serve job other wise there's nothing wrong.
Love this place
Para_Medical Examiner (Current Employee) –  NationwideNovember 16, 2014
Excellent field work for someone in the medical field.It provided a living for me,and I didn't wanna let job go but living expenses changed so I needed more reliable work.
Pros
enjoyed the job
Cons
not enough work