HOOSIER ENERGY Employee Reviews

Professional and fun workplace
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 14, 2015
I was the Horsemen's Bookkeeper for Hoosier Park in Anderson, In. I kept track of the Horsemen's racing account balances. I would start the day by entering the race finish totals from the previous night, to assure that all winners received their payment in a timely manner. I would then open my office to the public. I would assist customers with any questions that they had regarding their accounts. My manager was not in my office with me; however, she was very helpful if any concerns were to arise. She would call me regularly to check in to see how the day was progressing. The hardest part of the job was splitting one account between several Horsemen.The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my customers.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Seasonal, No overtime or benefits
Enjoyed meeting new people
Dormitory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 28, 2015
I order supplies for the dorm rooms, cleaning supplies made sure that the maintenance crew did all of the work orders. I made sure that my cleaning crew was cleaning all the bathroom and hallways that were suppose to be cleaned.
Pros
I enjoyed my employees they worked really well together
Cons
seasonal job
buffet/racing casino
Busser, Cook (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 5, 2015
prepare and serve food for customer. stock, clean, and wash dishes at the end of every shift. make sure dishes are out of customers way in time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Corporate Headquarters, Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington INMay 15, 2015
Excellent Place to work. Nice people but advancement is zero. Good benefit package and excellent work enviroment. Would recommend
Hire quality employees in need of little management
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 8, 2014
My typical work day includes handing all accounting functions for our largest dollar volume vendors. Administrator for our expense management system, Concur. Administrator for our third party freight vendor, LPS. Month-end responsibilities include journal entries, report creation that feed financial statements, account reconciliation and analysis. Management allows and encourages us to work autonomously. There is low turnover and co-workers tend to have worked here for many years. Hardest part of job is participating in quality communication channels. Most enjoyable part of job is security of industry/role in organization.
Pros
excellent benefits, job autonomy
Cons
career advancement limited, culture lacks accountability
Joke!!!
Electronic games attendant. (Former Employee) –  GamingSeptember 11, 2013
This place us a joke! I would never let anyone I care about work here.
Fun Place to Work
Electronic Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INApril 2, 2013
The job was usually fun and enjoyable. You never knew what was going ot happen or what you were going to see. Everyone worked together as a team and that made the job a little easier. The hardest part of the job was always reminding yourself to stay calm and take it one call at a time.
Pros
cheap lunches that you can pay with from your check
Cons
always busy
Not the best place to work!
Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 7, 2013
Hoosier Energy engineering department is grossly mismanaged
Pros
compensation
Cons
mismanagment, no managerial support

Want to know more about HOOSIER ENERGY?

Ask a question