Hooters Casino Hotel Employee Reviews

This is the easiest, funnest, most lucrative job I have had.
Hooter Girl (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 19, 2013
This is the first time I have ever had my own place and fully supported myself, and I owe it to this place giving me somewhere to work hard, so that's my favorite thing about this job. Income aside though, I like the laid back atmosphere. Our job description says to entertain tables. This promotes making friends, and some of the best friends I have made are from this place. I will say it was odd adapting to this kind of attitude at work because I was always used to being completely professional at all times at work. The hardest part is that you deal with unruly customers on a whole different level here, in more ways than one. I also don't like having an unreliable schedule where I am constantly up past midnight as I am intending to return to college next semester. There is a lot of turnover, and there have been thefts and fights. I have been there through at least ten different managers, and at one point we lost all three managers and most of the girls. Almost the entire staff was new, so that was stressful.
Pros
great money, good people, can pick up when you need exta cash
Cons
dramatic girls, womanizers, crazy schedules, not training in any way for my intended career
Sales Representative
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at Trek consisted of finding the perfect bike to fit a customer's needs. Some customers wanted a bike for extra exercise, some for leisure, some for the sport, and some even for the extreme gas prices at that time. Whatever the circumstance was, not everyone wanted or needed the same bike, nor would every bike suit the same person. For that reason, the most time was spent tailoring specific bike styles to fit specific customers. Trek bicycles are one of the most world-known bike brands. Prices usually started out for any basic model for any style at about $500 and escalated quickly with advanced model upgrades. Learning these model upgrades and being able to efficiently explain why a bike that looked so similar to a (lets say) $1000 bike but actually cost $2000 was the hardest part of the sale. The biggest thing I learned from that was to inform customers of the model upgrades in a high-to-low price sales approach. Start with the $2000 bike, and explain its features BEFORE explaining what the $1000 bike was lacking. Working with others at Trek was super fun. In our down time, we could feed off of each other's sales techniques, and when it came down to the sale, it became a fun competition for ourselves and between co-workers to achieve weekly based-incentives.
The best place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 31, 2012
Working there was the best, getting up for work and putting on that uniform and going to work with a smile on my face knowing I was doing a job that lets me be me I could not complain. Jump start would start the shifts off so that everyone knew what they was doing and their was no confusing about what was going on and what was new and what was changing and to make sure that everyone was on the same page.Then waiting for our costumers to come in and to give them the best service that we can.Putting in orders in on a slow or busy day was the best part for me for some reason,still don't know way maybe it was the look on the cooks face every time they got a new order. I was already a people person/entertainer going into there but they made me open up a lot more to those abilities. Even though I was friends with all the Girls I always tired to outshine the next girl. But every girl there at the time had a great spirit so it made working there easy. But some times things got bad on the football days and wild wings Wednesday, it gets really packed and hard to walk through so it slowed my paste down and made it hard to get to my tables but I managed. And the bikini contest was also the best part of working there, I had the time of my life.
A fun place to work at
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2014
The days that I would come in I would always have a smile on my face and begin my shift by serving my guest food. I would hula hoop, and try to incorporate a home away from home when they are in my care. My goal each day was to put a smile on their face. Far as the sales standpoint, I would always encourage all of my guest to purchase merchandise before they would leave. Up selling from food items to souvenirs is something I learned when it comes to sales. It taught me how to approach a costumer and being able to sell them the product that I was trying to achieve. The job taught me communication skills and in general working with the public on a daily basis. I am a people person to heart and enjoy helping others. My co-workers and I were all trained in working hard for what we want in life. Working hard, good earning. Truly there is nothing really too hard about this job because as an employee we all work together as a team, which shows leadership.
Pros
being able to travel as a spokes person
Cons
short breaks
Fun Work Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 6, 2015
You may think that working with nothing but women all day would cause drama, but it really didn't for me. we were all there to do the exact same thing. Help one another on the typical work day of setting up the restaurant and making sure everything was perfectly clean for our guests. I learned how to respect myself and become a better person with working in that type of environment. Management always had our backs and made sure we were working up to our ability and to the company's standards. The hardest part of the job is when you have employees that did not show up for work and you had to pick up their extra slack. It was a challenge but we all worked as a team to help one another and have a good shift. My favorite part of the entire job was constantly meeting new people and having them come back just to see me because I gave them outstanding service and their family enjoyed their experience.
Pros
company helped pay to go to school
Cons
short breaks
fun and energetic place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 19, 2013
i would show up in my uniform and prep for the day. i would server customers food and entertain them and their children to make sure they are having the best experience while having a nice meal. my managers were all pretty cool. they were very understanding when things didnt always go so well because you can not please everyone. they ran things in tip top shape. i loved working with my co workers. we all had our part to play and still always worked as a team to provide great customer service. i hated having to carry out food that was ripe to the senses. like hot sauces and certain seafood. i loved meeting new people and having fun at work. i was able to look beautiful and create a fun enviroment for all and get paid for it.
Cons
shift changes last minute
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 18, 2015
Working as a waitress was my pleasure. Their company is not only worried about satisfying the customers but also making sure their employees are happy as well. The management was caring and very hands on. I enjoyed working with everyone there it was like a big sorority we all got along great! The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to be personable with our customers. We were able to sit with our tables and really get to know them which I loved. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were organized and able to multi task in high strung situations. Being a waitress taught me a lot from customer service to how to most effectively problem solve anything that came my way.
Pros
getting to work with people, going on different promos and the money was great!
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Consistently supportive and enjoyable workplace
Server/Hostess/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work includes interacting with costumers tending to their wants and needs. Also,making sure the building is clean and organized for the next persons shift. Having to take on the role of a manager is also sometimes needed when it comes to handling large amounts of money and writing and signing checks.One of the most challenging parts of working in a bar has to be being around all the cigarette smoke. I do not enjoy smelling like smoke all day/night through a shift Although the smoke is a concern it does not take away from the best part of the job which is the customers. It is always nice being able to meet new people and to have the privileged to spend time with our regulars who without we would not have such a successful company.
Great work environment with great customers and staff on site.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  DentonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 10:30 in the morning before we do our jump start. The staff of girls is then required to set up wait stations and the bar area before the restaurant opens. I have been able to improve my people skills and communication skills through this job. Our management is a great team, who has always been supportive and helpful for any situation or problem that may arise throughout our store. The most enjoyable part of the job for me has been the people I have had the privilege to meet and get to know during the years I have worked there. The hardest part of the job was learning how to bartend when I was first moved up to bartender, as I had no previous experience or knowledge of being behind a bar or bartending.
Fun place to work at while attending school.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  saint petersburg flNovember 17, 2014
I typical day working for this company is a ton of fun. Everyday is a great time you entertain guests make them feel comfortable. I learned from working here how to come out of my shell and be talkative with people. Management were very understanding of your schedule if you needed days off for school. Co-workers were fun girls with great personality that were there all helping to make money as a team, by helping run food and do side work together. The hardest part of the job was being constantly hit on. It became uncomfortable at times when people would get out of line. The most enjoyable part was having a great work environment and having stress free work place.
Pros
making easy money, while having fun
Cons
being harassed by drunk customers

Want to know more about Hooters Casino Hotel?

Ask a question
Productive and definitely was fun to work there then
Cook / Preparation / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 29, 2013
I did food prep the setting up the line , dishes cleaning of the kitchen and walk in coolers.I learned how to prep a lot of foods the right and fast way.The co workers there was great I am still friends with a lot of them.The management knew what they were doing and they treated us well some others more better .The hardest part of job then was staying focused there was a lot of drama that would not stay at home or just stay at work it basically went with you everywhere you go or do..The most enjoyable part for me was working with cool people and making my secret wing sauce there, going there after work to watch games or fights.
Pros
good atmosphere, good food
Cons
ton of drama sometimes
Fun workplace
Hootrs Girl (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
It is a pretty fun place to work when everything goes smoothly. The girls I had worked with were very greedy and snobby. Most of them did not want kids at the table they waited so it made it a not so family friendly environment. Only one of the three managers showed a pleasant attitude. A typical day at work on the weekdays was just standing around and hoping for a customer to come in. On the weekends it was very busy and kind of hectic since it was a pretty small place. The hardest part of the Job is dealing with the stigma of being a "sltty" hootrs girl. I tried to fix that by being a very friendly waitress that exhibited professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all of the friendly customers.
Pros
mostly friendly customers and decent tips
Cons
no notable breaks, snobby coworkers, social stigma
Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2014
Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh foods and beverages. Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate records. Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed .Maintain budget and employee records, recruit hire and oversee training for staff. Weekly inventories of the Foh and Boh track staff schedules and pay, and perform record keeping tasks. Check quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods. Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such small wares alcohol food and cleaning equipment. Total receipts and balance against sales deposit receipts, and lock facility and end of day.
Pros
a lot of stores
Cons
none really
Poisitive Environment
Regional Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlDecember 2, 2014
This place of employment was a positive environment with many perks. My position required the motivation of all employees, and upper management was always providing leadership and advice.

A typical day there, I would provide customers with excellent service and quality food and drink, while maintaining a great relationship with them. I learned many of the guests want more than just good products, but also great service. I also learned how to provide this service by time management, and a friendly and attentive personality.

The hardest part of the job, was being completely unaware of pay because it was based on sales, and hours that were not always given generously.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working my colleagues and also meeting new people, and the satisfaction of providing great service to them.
Pros
customes and employees
Cons
pay
Hooter's Restaraunt
waitress/greeter (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 15, 2014
My typical day would be going in and having a meeting about how are day is planned and what new foods or drinks we have. I learned having a great attitude will get you far and this job offered great customer care skills. The managment was great! Very easy to follow and not in my way when doing my job. The co-workers also has a great attitude and made the job alot easier. There really was no hard part beside keeping your apearence up and looking good in the uniform. My most enjoyable part was everyone having the smile and confidence that we can do anything.
Pros
free food
Cons
there was none
Waitressing at its finest
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 23, 2016
This was a good job to start in food service. They teach you everything and then you take it from there. You treat your section like your own business, but helping others can become chaotic. The job focuses on appearance and fitness. Coworkers were great, and teamwork was the focus. Sometimes I did not like singing the songs, but playing while working was fun. Sometimes customers were rude and unforgiving, but that is typical. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the small requests like extra ranch, or a refill.
Pros
fun and high energy, teamwork
Cons
high turnover, constant purchase of uniform parts
Fun work place with room to grow!
Manager/Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2015
HOA is a great company to work for, and everyday is a new day which brings a new adventure with it. The management is always willing to help and teach you on how to advance in the company. I started out as a server where I quickly became a trainer and now I'm helping manage, on a hourly wage. My co-works are like family in that we, attend each others special life events and always have each others backs. The life experience you gain from working with this company will always stay with you. This job has taught me how to really work hands on with the public.
Pros
great experience with costumers
Cons
healthcare to very few
Productive and fun place to work
Co-In Store Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 16, 2014
On an average day, I dealt with over 100 customers, food orders and merchandise. I also, cleaned and maintained work areas in the restaurant. Other duties included maintaining employee personnel files, bi weekly inventory counts and product orders. I enjoyed my job because it gave me the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life. I feel that working for this company has greatly increased my customer service skills and in general dealing with different types people on a daily basis.
Pros
fun atmosphere, friendly enviroment
Cons
hours of operation
workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work would usually be fun because I get to work with awesome girls. On a weeknight, typically it's steady, not much happening. On weekends is when we get busy. Basically, I interact with customers and make sure they have the best visit possible and encourage them to come back. The management is not consistent. My co- workers are fun. Some of them are like my best friends and i love that I get to work with and have fun with them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people that don't have respect, but you run into those people everywhere and you just have to learn how to deal with them.
Pros
i get to work with my best friends, great energy and atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Its all about the Customer
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2013
I enjoyed serving customers. It was a very competitive environment but overall the girls and I had a great time and we bonded well. I applied to work there twice without a wig on because my hair was short and didn't the job so when I decided to wear a wig and try again and I was hired on the spot. when they found out I didn't have the image of the all american look, i was released within the next week of working there. I was very upset but overall I am thankful for the waitress experience and would love to do it all over again.
Pros
50% of our food
Cons
have to have a certain look to be employed and keep your job