Hooters Casino Hotel Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Food expeditor (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 8, 2015
Friendly people and great management. A normal day involved food prep for both the lunch and dinner shift, keeping the kitchen up to health code standards and serving food at ten minute ticket times.
all around great people
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: no breaks
I worked at an actual store not the casino hotel.
I learned how to deal with alot of different kinds of people. We stayed busy all the time so I used time management. We had to utilize teamwork, because sometimes we were busy and had to run each others food. Our management staff was amazing! They helped us and stayed on top of everything. I liked my job because we were all family oriented. Not only was it my job but it was like a big family to me. We all supported each other and if we needed anything we were all there for one another.
not for the weak
Server (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 3, 2015
great company as long as you have tough skin because some of the customers you come across will definitely push buttons and get as close to the line as they posibly can before they jump completely across it.
Fun place, but it's not a career
Host and Cashier (Former Employee), Park Ridge, ILJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Discount on food and apparel.
Cons: Compensation was low.
This was a fun place to work. The customers and the employees are pretty easy to work with. The demands are high for service, but it's the restaurant business, customer satisfaction is paramount. That's what I loved about working there. Other than that, the expectations are pretty low. Then again, so is the pay. If you are looking for a second job, I highly suggest this place!
start of day 7 am to 11 pm (varies) FOH was the fun part of the job meeting guest and having them return, meeting P&L budget was the best part
General Manager (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJune 24, 2015
Pros: Training and training kitchen staff
Cons: 12 to 17 hour days
start of day 7 am to 11 pm (varies) FOH was the fun part of the job meeting guest and having them return, meeting P&L budget was an on going procedure and getting management involved made our goals possible.
Fun place to work with flexiable schedule for students
Bartender/Former Trainer (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 22, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no benefits, limited advancement
A typical day involved serving customers in a fun environment while ensuring quality for service and food. I learned how to communicate with many types of people and how to train employees to be the best. It is enjoyable to get to meet new people.
Bartending
Bartender (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 14, 2015
Great place to pay bills and make money. Fun job! Perfect for young girls. Great place to get to know people and meet new friends. Always good special going on to make money.
Great work environment with great customers and staff on site.
Waitress (Former Employee), DentonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 10:30 in the morning before we do our jump start. The staff of girls is then required to set up wait stations and the bar area before the restaurant opens. I have been able to improve my people skills and communication skills through this job. Our management is a great team, who has always been supportive and helpful for any situation or problem that may arise throughout our store. The most enjoyable part of the job for me has been the people I have had the privilege to meet and get to know during the years I have worked there. The hardest part of the job was learning how to bartend when I was first moved up to bartender, as I had no previous experience or knowledge of being behind a bar or bartending.
Fun work place
Server, Host, Bartender (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, Great money, Fun enviorment
Cons: Always switching management, You must wear your hair down
Fun work place, pay is good. Great co-workers that I built life long friendships with. There really isn't a hard part of the job, its super easy (menu & drinks). If a person loves entertaining guest they will love this job.
a very fun job with lots of wonderful people
waitress (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 3, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: hard job lots of time on your feet
this was a job with pretty good benefits. it was alot of fun and you got to meet alot of great people. the ladies i worked with were for the most part amazing ! the only thing i had against managment was the fact that they were men. i just felt like we needed a woman. over all i would recommend this job to someone else, its definitly not an easy job! lots of time on your feet!!!
Great work place
Waitress (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Short breaks, and dealing with rude customers
In my time working here, I liked my job yes but I also found that it was a special kind of job that only a certian type of people can handle.
poor service
Line cook, fry cook and dishwasher (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 29, 2015
This company was not ran well one bit. unsafe and unclean work environment. Never listened to schedule request, ignored and talked badly about their costumers to other employees even managers. I did not want to be a part of this company.
Waitress (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Working late nights and dealing with drunks.
Working with customers, serving food. Making sure your guests had everything they needed. You always had to be camera ready at all times.
Long Hours
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
The typical day consisted of washing dishes and helping prepare plates for every order. There were always many dishes to be washed since this Hooter's was right by the tourist area of Virginia Beach.
Hootrs Girl (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: mostly friendly customers and decent tips
Cons: no notable breaks, snobby coworkers, social stigma
It is a pretty fun place to work when everything goes smoothly. The girls I had worked with were very greedy and snobby. Most of them did not want kids at the table they waited so it made it a not so family friendly environment. Only one of the three managers showed a pleasant attitude. A typical day at work on the weekdays was just standing around and hoping for a customer to come in. On the weekends it was very busy and kind of hectic since it was a pretty small place. The hardest part of the Job is dealing with the stigma of being a "sltty" hootrs girl. I tried to fix that by being a very friendly waitress that exhibited professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all of the friendly customers.
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Rude customers
Typical day at work would be, greeting customers and show them where to be seated, deliver food, ask how the food is or how are they are doing, receiving cash or credit cards to pay. Learned patience. Management was good. Co-workers where always willing to make the best of each day. The hardest part of the job would be, rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, receiving smiles and thank you from customers at the end of their meal because that tells me I did a good job.
great job
Cook (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 7, 2015
Pros: lots of girls and free food
Cons: no healthcare
great job and coworkers. great management and good scheduling very fun atmosphere. it did get very busy making over 100,000 every week but was easily accomplished because we had proper support and materials to get the job done
team work
Restaurant cook (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
This restaurant tought me all the skills i needed in the kitchen, from dish wasing to main line cook. The enviroment was friendly and motivating.
Fun place to work
Host, Food runner and server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: Not a career.
It was fun working at Hooter's, but not as a career. Great learning experience. I met a lot of new people working there. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with crazy people.
Server (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2015
Opened/Closed restaurant as needed, Served customers in busy restaurant environment, Operated cash register and processed cash and credit transactions, Helped out other servers during busy meal times, Maintained a clean section ready for new customers at all times