Hooters Employee Reviews in United States

A fun place to hula hoop
Server (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2016
We open the doors and let the guests in. Guests come and go, and we treat them as energetic as possible. Getting to know your tables is encouraged. Also taking dishes back, making tea, getting drinks and food delivered, we are allowed to hula hoop on our free time which is really fun. I liked working there.
Pros
Contests to win items, free food sometimes
Cons
No breaks, mean girls fighting with one another
ok pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 27, 2016
meet cool girls, prob keep in touch with all of them, amazing way to learn to be well rounded with people and culture. get money for grades
Un Beat Work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2016
Greeted guests, and made sure they received the best service and didn't leave UN-happy. The managers and co-workers were great to work with. Favorite part of this job was hosting events.
Definitely not a normal restaurant
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 22, 2016
Don't come from any restaurant background expecting many similarities. Too many issues to begin discussing. Their goal is to sell lots of alcohol, but while that makes money it also makes drunks, surrounded by pretty girls. Bad mix.
Pros
Annual Bikin contest
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place that keeps you busy
Hostess, Togo Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462July 22, 2016
Always a crowd, defiantly teaches you to stay on your toes and how to handle a wide variety of people customer service is very important! Must know how to handle yourself in a tough situation with unhappy guests. Management will go above and beyond for you but you better be there and ready for your shift at lest 15 min early. Co-workers are so friendly and very helpful! Hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers, best part is feeling like you work for a party.
Pros
discounted food, good environment
Cons
cant have fun nails or hair
fun place to work, very easygoing
Fry cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001July 21, 2016
most enjoyable part of working there is the fun environment. Also very nice staff and regulars that come in. hardest parts of my job were to clean up the grease in kitchen.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
As a server
Server (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 19, 2016
... well it is still a serving job. A good manager will go a long ways. It was a good start up job. It paid decent and had two working shifts, which allowed me to continue my education.
Pros
decent pay in tips, flexible work days and hours, development of people skills
Very fun but difficult work environment
Hooter Girl/ Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical work day consisted of all servers choosing their sections for the day and then getting those sections ready for customers. Once customers began to arrive it was our job to take their orders for food and drinks, serve those items to the customers. Sell them any merchandise in the store they were interested in. The other servers were very fun to work with and were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around all my coworkers and the customers were always very nice and fun.
Pros
reasonable wages, fun work environment
Cons
difficult management
Fun workplace going through college
Trainer and Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2016
I learned so much. From customer service to assisting management. A typical day at work would be busy helping satisfy customers needs. The hardest part of my job was handling large amounts of money at a time and keeping the other employees up to business standards while training.
subway for lunch meetings
quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 18, 2016
I learn how to be independent so quick. I had to adapt so fast in a different environment that i'm not use to, that it made me become a stronger person from before to now. The staff are amazing, i made so many friends along the way. I learn how to communicate with others without any conflicts or confrontation.I love this job. I miss the people i work with. They are all so welcoming and make me feel i belong to a family.
Pros
i made great friends
Cons
vacation pay
Productive and fun work place yet serious and professional
Disher-Food prep and prep cook (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 15, 2016
It's a great job and laid back but upbeat environment close to the shopping mall is a plus. It's has a professional atmosphere that requires you to look but don't stir say hello but don't endulge and never took unless it's a simple hand shake.
Pros
Free food n drink
Cons
On feet all day dealing with water can be hard on your toes.
Outgoing, but wouldn't work with my hours.
Waitress/Busser (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 14, 2016
I learned a lot about serving drinks, and to be more engaging with customers. The hardest part of the job was the schedule they agreed to, and then what I kept receiving wasn't what we had agreed to. The best thing about working at Hooter's was that I learned a lot about serving drinks, and being quick on my feet.
Pros
They make sure the girls are safe coming and leaving.
Cons
unpaid lunch breaks
Fun workplace
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 13, 2016
Fast company with great benefits! If you can handle the heat, this company has many opportunities! Scholarships for college, great networking, and a company to get your name out there to bring in more customers!
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of hours, great tips!
Cons
female based company
Cool and laid back environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2016
Make drinks.
Assess customer needs.
Serve food.

Great company to work for. Ready to start my jumpstart my career, moving onto bigger and better things.
Fun Place
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 9, 2016
Laid Back
Management Always Within Arms Reach
Co Workers Are Like Family
Typical Work Day Consist Of Busting Tables And Entertaining Your Customers
Pros
Half Price Lunch, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Break
Productive and fun workplace with music always playing
Server (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 7, 2016
Was a very fun job where i was able to meet many people for growth opportunities. Management always had your back with customers and your safety was very important to them.
Wonderful place to work
In Store Trainer / Promotions Manager (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHJuly 4, 2016
great place to work and make easy money. Highly recommended for girls still in school, flexible scheduling.
Fast Life.
Waitress/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 2, 2016
The work life was durable. There were a lot of rude customers, the pay was awfully low however you did make tips. There were opportunities to flourish within the company with pageants.
Fun But Chaotic
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2016
It is a really fun place to work. Your coworkers are your instant friends. The money serving is great.
productive fun workplace
Waitress/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 24, 2016
It can be fun but do not forget you are working. Yes we do work hard and at the same time as making a living. Sometimes it can get a little hectic fight nights!!! Yes UFC thats when we work and no play