Hooters Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
McAllen, Texas Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 22, 2018
It is a fun atmosphere just a bit stressfull due to the alcohol. Food is great , staff is amazing for the most part and environment is awsome . It becomes a bit stressful when customers tend to confuse the restaurant for a bar and sometimes becomes an issue when it comes to cutting people off. Other than that great .
Pros
Good dinners
Cons
Dealing with upset costumers trying to get over served with alcohol.
Fun, Upbeat workplace
Bartender/ Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Being a Hooters girl is a fun job, my managers were always understanding, and you get decent tips for an honestly extremely easy job. Sometimes the customers can get to you, but I'm sure thats every restaurant. They tend to promote within so its easy to move up and there are tons of room for improvement in the company.
Pros
Good tips, fun workplace.
Cons
drunk/disorderly customers.
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Overall it was a great way to gain experience serving. However I would never recommend working there. The girls I worked with were supportive and friendly and the management staff was as well. The customers are the reason I left.
Productive positive and Consistent
Cheff (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2018
Everything requires work and skills. When you work hard it pays. When you listen you learn. The more i learn the more i know. The better i get the more i succeed. Life is a test that i am ready to Pass!
Pros
Good hours, personally made work schedule, good coworkers, and people that believe in you helps out when in need.
Cons
People Being disrespected, and people not treating eachother equally and being a Team.
very fun work place
Hooters Girl trainer and hosplity coach (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 19, 2018
the hooters in manchester ct is a fun work place where you can work and chill and get to meet great people while serving you can also watch the games.
Pros
great money
Cons
some of the girls attuide
Festive work place
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Productive and fun place to work, sports bar and comedy night. Games and contest for the guest. Hooter girls take picture and have swim suit contests for calander sales.
Pros
Festive enviroment
Cons
Cut staff to often
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Just an all out fun place to work!!!! Great management and other employees! Just a great place to work!!!!!!!! When you need something they are there if you have an emergency they will help!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Great place to work if you can handle competition
Team Lead and Certified Franchise Trainer (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I learned so much about my self-confidence at this job! It can be pretty intimidating being surrounded by beautiful girls, but you just have to work harder and have better service to do as well.
If you plan to work here, you have to get past the stigma that has always been attached to the company- most of the girls I met were super respectful, successful, and decent girls. I made some of the best friends through working here

I supported myself throughout my college career and did very well for myself. It's a little demanding because of the hours, but you are able to switch shifts with other girls and most managers are pretty flexible. The only time there were any complaints were when we were short staffed and had to accommodate.

Hooters works with a lot of charities and does some really good things for the community

Made a TON of business connections as well as great life long friends!!
Pros
good money, keeps you busy, connections, confidence, rewards are deserved
Cons
long shifts on your feet, must always be presentable, working on slow days and during short staffed periods, favoritism
Fun place to have a good time with friends/family
Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I have been with Hooters for a total of about 11 years and I learned a lot about responsibility, loyalty, commitment and team work! It made for a fun place to work and it got me comfortably through college with their flexible scheduling.
hooters
Server (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed going to work because i got along so well with the morning girls. unfortunetly not all the manager played the same way so it wasnt fair all the time. hope they can weed out the bad management so this place can start rocking again!

Want to know more about Hooters?

Ask a question
Fast pace at sometimes, fun place to work, management sometimes okay
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Fun place to be, girls are sometimes friendly, management could do better, pay should be more like most places. Hours aren’t very long so that’s good.
Pros
Discounts on some food
Cons
No any kind of health care
Cooking
Cook (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 16, 2018
For a young person in college or right out of highschool it is a good learning experience. it is corporate and you wont be making a lot. but the environment fluctuates from dead quiet to insanely busy. so in the quiet times prepare for the busy time. You usually will know when that will be.
Great Place to Work Long Term or Temporary
Hostess/Food Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Like any customer service-restaurant job, income varies day by day. The location I worked at had a constant wait list, so we were busy from open to close every dinner shift. Long shifts, but the money was worth it. Being stiffed was very common, probably occured with at least 2-4 tables every day, per server. Managers were always on the floor, always on call, always willing to help. They really looked after us, and made sure we always felt valued within the company. Overall one of the greatest experiences I had. Definitely would have stayed with the restaurant if I didn't have to relocate.
Hooters was such a fun place to work at.
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 12, 2018
Hooters felt like a family and everyone that worked there got along so well. It was professional but we could also have fun while we were working listening to music and being with friends.
Fun workplace
Restaurant Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2018
Fun environment to work in. They also try their best to accommodate with your schedule. Overall, working here definitely help your customer service skills.
Server/Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAJanuary 10, 2018
If you need extra money in your pockets the jobs good for that. You make ok tips, certain days of the week can be super slow. Good for serving experience, but has really bad management. Managers are very immature and passive apressive.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management was not very well organized
Server/customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 10, 2018
A typical day working at Hooters included shift meetings telling you about the deals of the day. You would wait on tables and tend to the customers. Management there worked very much on favortism and were very unprofessional.
Fast paced and fun workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed coming into work everyday. I liked the fast paced environment. I liked the people that I worked with as well as the regular customers that would come in to the restaurant.
Disorganized at times
Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Really enjoyed managing the group however the hours of a salary manager are terrible, its hard to use your vacation time, the schedules usually suffers also.
Hooters Girl
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 9, 2018
I currently work at a Hooters location. Pay is minimum wage, and tips haven't been as good as expected. Management is good, but the location simply isn't busy enough. No benefits until 1 year I believe, besides tuition reimbursement at 6 months. They're great at working around your schedule, but you can only work part time so I'm not making enough money to survive.
Pros
Fun environment, easy, good with scheduling
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.