Hooters Employee Reviews

Hooters
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 19, 2017
Hooters is a great place to work if you are in school or looking for something part time. the management was very nice and are very good people. Normally work like 32 hours a week
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
salary
Fun workplace
Server/Hostess/Bartender (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Made life time friends there, and met different people from all over. Co-workers were like family and the customers were always nice to the staff.
The only thing fun about working with Hooters
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mall of AmericaSeptember 19, 2017
The only good thing working for hooters was that we got good tips. We also enjoyed my work schedule cause it was flexible. I really apperciate that these jobs will actually give me a chance to work. I have the energy to work and live life.
good place to work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2017
I like my job and what I do everyday. Just curious to see if there's anything that can fully take advantage of skills, experience and work ethic. I'm a definite leader and I'm looking for something that will provide me the opportunity to show it.
Fast-paced, upbeat environment
Server/Trainer/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Hard working girls, in a an energetic and upbeat environment. Works well around school schedule. Easy to pick up or give away shifts if needed. Offers tuition reimbursement!
fun work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2017
great place to work fun people to be around if you want a job that you never did before and work around a bar and food and wash dishes all day and night then this is the job for you
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I loved it. The time I spent there was fun and exciting. I loved every minute working there every day all week. The people were nice and accepting and always helpful.
Fun fast paced atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 11, 2017
Great place for an entry level restaurant manager. 6 day work weeks and frequent 10-12 hour shifts as a manager. The play didn't reflect hours worked. It was lots of fun though.
Okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 10, 2017
It was good for the money but other than that it wasn't. The manager was incredibly rude and made my time there not worth it. If you want to work there make sure the manager is not rude.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
such a fun environment!
Hooter Girl (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 10, 2017
I love working for this company! The girls make it fun. There will be problems just like at any job. Girls are really friendly to work with. I've been with the company since they opened and they've given the hooter girls many opportunities to get involved with hooters. For example, the hooters calendar, pageant, trainer classes, etc.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons
long night shifts, occasional slow nights
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 8, 2017
great wings, great appetizers, entrees, and sports game broadcasts. this place includes 5 different types of wings (regular, breaded, boneless, bacon wrapped, and smoked wings) with 16 different types of wing sauces and seasonings.
Pros
1 free meal
Laid back very easy to make money
Waitress/Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Theres a lot of advancement available to move up throughout the company. They work with my schedule and very easy to pick up and get shifts picked up.
Hooters Girl
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at work started with "jumpstart" which includes updates on any limited time offers and a uniform check. Uniform check includes nails nude, French tips, or clear; hair styled, make up done, no visible tattoos, and only stud earrings for jewelry. Fun place to work if you like your co-workers. All male managers at the location I worked for, not the best idea for a staff of all women in my opinion.
I would not choose to work for this company again
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALSeptember 7, 2017
It was a very unprofessional place to work for, all about apperance no balance between actual customer service and looking pretty. Both can be done. You can look pretty and do a good job. At the location I worked at it wasn't how good of a job you did or being a team player .
Pros
The money is good
Cons
Unprofessional managment
no quality of life
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 6, 2017
no quality of life
company changes too many procedures to often
fun to work but too many hours to put in, especially if you have a fellow worker call in sick you will be stuck working open to close for 3 days straight
No fun activities
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Awful place from the floors to the food it's just awful someone needs to come in and clean the hole entire restaurant from the bathrooms to the kitchen all of it
Pros
Free food
Cons
Terrible service
Very fast paced. Had a great GM.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 4, 2017
Fun and exciting job where the staffing was very well balanced and management was willing to listen to the needs and concerns of the employees.

The advancement program was a little long for my liking but it was well established and not unreasonable.

The company provided all that was required and made each employee feel as though they mattered.
Pros
Good balanced work schedule. Excellent management. Fairly compensated.
Cons
Slow advancement program. Raises only given on a yearly basis.
leaving
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
the only thing i didnt like was when I left on a school break i ha to reapply when i came back and it was all new management. other than thag it was pretty great.
Fun workplace where your coworkers are your friends
HOURLY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 3, 2017
Hooters is a fun and relaxed place to work. You end up making a lot of friends and managers work well with school schedules. Noone gets overtime and managers try to keep schedules less than full-time so they don't have to offer you benefits.
Pros
Scheduling, coworkers, relaxed
Cons
No benefits, work weekends
Fun laid back work environment with the down side of being slow sometimes
Attentive and friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2017
Hooters was a fun laid back place to work and they were extremely flexible with our schedules, which was nice. On the down side, sometimes it was slow and you didn't make a lot or you had issues with the management not doing all that they could to help which puts the girls at a disadvantage but still a fun place.
Pros
Laid back, fun coworkers, sometimes you get free food, occasionally get to do promo events, flexible
Cons
can be a bit stressful, sometimes the managers aren't professional (but I think they have since let go of those people), dealing with drunk guys or jealous gals every now and again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.