Hooters Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 7, 2016
Hooters is a fun work place that brings along great opportunities and awesome money but it is very time consuming. You are also not guaranteed many off days.
It was ok
BOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 30, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a quality of life and balance my work like along with that, it was hard because of some of the systems that were in play.
Okay for a college student!
Host & Waitress (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2016
Its a fun, easy jon depending on your location. Minimal cattiness. I would work here again if management was different.
Pros
discount, fun envirnment
Cons
unorganized managers, poor scheduling
fun work place
Bartender/Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
over all fun workplace with great employees. always under new Management, never seemed to keep the same manager for more then 6 months. High turnover rate for the girls due to "secret shoppers" among other things.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
high turn over rate for girls
Fun working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2016
I had a lot of fun working at hooters! I made a lot of new friends and learned many skills while working there! I would definitely go back once I was 18 to be a hooters girl.
Pros
Learning new things
Fun work enviroment
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 25, 2016
It was a great place to work. I could not say enough good things about the company. It isn't what you hear. They are extremely good to the girl, they help pay for their college and give scholarships. The better the grades the more money.They offer this to managers too.
Friendly and welcoming enviroment.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2016
A typical workday at Hooters was steady, upbeat and fun. I enjoyed being able to converse with customers that possibly turn into regulars. Hooters was like a family so it made it easy to work with coworkers and managers, for the most part. Id say the hardest part of the job would be to maintain a collected mind on busy nights/days (fight nights and/or game nights) & my most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to interact with the customers, especially their children.
Fast paced, fun, exciting, hardworking
Corporate Head Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 23, 2016
I love being a Hooters girl, I have learned so many skills and abilities. It has helped my professional qualification grow while it is still a fun atmosphere.
Fun and helpful workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 22, 2016
Working in an environment where management is willing to listen to their employees, they are willing to help in any way possible, and are very reasonable is extremely helpful in the work industry.
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2016
Worst company to work for. $1 blackjack and no business. Management are knuckle heads with no skills, if you have skills they will use you and then right before your probation ends they'll cut you. You're better off working for a fast food restaurant then this place.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Expensive benefits, employee dining room is dirty and small
Very very fun place. Easy to make friends and laid back.
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2016
I liked it here. I always had fun and my hard work didn't go unnoticed. I got several promotions. However the management were never on the same page and the girls ran the store. They set their own rules.
Pros
Fun, great clientele/ regulars.
Cons
Management was always changing so it was hard to follow.
This was exciting job, with the ability to hone many diffrent aspects of managing.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 17, 2016
The typical day at work is always challenging. Through this I have learned how to approach and overcome many business issues. The management staff seems not to have the same pride in their performance, that I have. My co workers are good people and I enjoy their personalities, just not their work ethics. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication from anyone, and the daily, uncommunicative way of the schedule being changed. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the progress and development of different people and projects I have taken on.
Pros
Free food, fun enviorment, and learning opportunities
Cons
The commute, the lack of strutured training, need to use personal money for the business.
A flashy restaurant with a very antiquated set of rules and operations
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 16, 2016
The basis of employment is derived from girls in skimpy clothing. The quality of food and environment are very good. Good days are great, everyone is generally very upbeat. The largest issue with this company is that the office work never gets easier, they don't get rid of anything in the system. They simply add things that you may or may not need.
Fun work environment
Waitress/trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Working at Hooters has been a great experience, I have learned many things about life working for such a great company that cares greatly for their employees. Although management is not great, the managers do care for us employees. The hardest part about working for Hooters is the judgements made because of the name, and its reputation. Although Hooters is not like other restaurants it is great to me because, I am able to come to work and be happy and peppy because that is part of my job. I hope working at Hooters these past 5 years will help me in the future to communicate well to other management and coworkers.
Baby sitting
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, CANovember 16, 2016
I enjoyed baby sitting, I was young but I enjoy children. I feel like I learned a lot about patience. Again, I was young and do not remember too much
Productive and fun work place
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking orders and giving the guess their food. and we try not to be a server but a hooters girls for out customers. And giving them the time of their lives.
Pros
tips, enviroment, social
Cons
no tips
Fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 15, 2016
Great culture to work for, and very entertaining work environment. Pay is low, and scheduling is difficult in my experience. Overall, a decent place to work for.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Can be slow
Fun environment to work in
Waitress/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
This company is good for kids fresh out of high school trying to get waitress experience. It is fun and it is a very lighthearted environment.
Fun Workplace
Entertain/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 12, 2016
I always had a good shift at Marcus Point Cinema. I loved my co-workers. The customers were always friendly. I was able to work different stations which gave more insight on the job.
Great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLNovember 11, 2016
Bridgewater diner is a friendly positive place to work. Customers are mostly regulars and are very friendly: staff and co workers are helpful and friendly.
Pros
Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.