Hooters Employee Reviews

Manager
Training General Manager-Kansas City Region (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 18, 2017
Restaurant industry in general makes it hard to achieve work/life balance due to long hours. Company is OK and always changing. Open for business 365 days a year.
Productive and Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23666November 15, 2017
Kept you working hard. Always on your toes, in a good way. Very caring about your work needs. Easy to work with when making schedules. Management was always super awesome.
Stressful and sometimes frantic
Public Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
The department and shift i was in and on was understaffed, and was often under-equipped some nights. When we did have the equipment we needed it was sometimes very shoddy or damaged. Almost no managerial oversight as we only had a supervisor who often had to fill in gaps in our staffing to help us cover our areas himself due to call outs, or just not enough staffing some nights. Certain areas we had to work in were hazards, that according to other co-workers i had asked had told me had not been dealt with for 6 months or more.
Pros
free lunch, guaranteed breaks
Cons
poor equipment, hazard areas sometimes
good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 12, 2017
Overall a good company, Very fun unique atmosphere to work in. Definitely a fun work environment. Good benefits, good work life balance. Had room for advancement.
Fast Paced, Stressful, Competitive
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2017
Would be a lot better if the management salary was equal for the same rank and there was more time to spend on quality of life. Store level management is micro-managed way too much from the higher powers. Almost makes you feel like you're there to babysit and not manage. There are a ton of reports/spreadsheets that come with the position that are redundant and unnecessary.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No quality of life
Stressfull
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 11, 2017
I would not recommend a carrier in this field. The management is very unorganized and the staff is always unfriendly. If you want a job to be around people these are not the kind of people you are hoping for.
Pros
friends
Cons
staff
Its fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2017
Had a great time working with both the FOH and BOH staff. Our guests made it interesting and fun with many different occasions. My one draw back was when I was hospitalized for a major medical issue my district manager left me a voicemail wanting to know what shifts I can cover the upcoming days. All this when I was on my death bed.
Okay place to work if you are in need of quick money
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Was a easy place to learn and make money. Was very flexible and had easy work hours for morning workers. They lacked professionalism and control over their employees. Overall a okay place to work.
Pros
Cheap food, fast money
Cons
No breaks, and mean co-workers
So-So Company
Certified Bartender and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 7, 2017
Management was always poor. Temporary college job. I received enough money in tips for me to stay. This is a company I attempted to move up in but was rejected due to age and experience.
Not the best job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 6, 2017
Managment was never on top of their job, slow paced, customers were sometimes rude, the kitchen was almost always slow or out of food. The systems for payments were sometimes down or slow.
Good for a Side Hustle
Server/ Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 6, 2017
This job has its ups and down. You can meet lots of people but be ready for pervs and know how to handle them. You money is often based on how well you flirt. There's lots of drama when working with this amount of girls. Get your regulars and learn how to budget!
Pros
Flexible schedules
good enviroment
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 6, 2017
everyone there was really easy to work with it was a good clean work enviroment. well paced and well ran work place. loved to work there would reccomend it to anyone
Pros
meal every day for free
Cons
distractions
Great Work Enviroment
Waitress/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 5, 2017
I am constantly gaining communication skills having to talk to people constantly through the day and they are all different kinds of people. The management is great and very understanding. They are also very reliable.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
No breaks
a good short term job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 5, 2017
the job in and of itself was fun! I'm sure there were better suited people than me to make a long term job of this one but id gotten very unlucky our GM had a bit of a drug problem and a lot of problems would stem from it.
Pros
its as fun as you make it!
Cons
trouble will come find you more often than not here.
good company not very focused
TX General Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 2, 2017
Good company not challenging and theres no room to advance not very focused on management. They are nor changing with the times which is going to leave them chasing to keep up with other concepts that are more aggressive and evolving
fun
waitress (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 1, 2017
It is a fun place to work at. The management is great and so are the other employees. I really love the work environment and meeting new people everyday.
what it was like working at Hooters
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 31, 2017
It was really fun. you got to work with a lot of girls and regular customers and make good relationships with them. it was fast paced and high energy but everyone helped each other & the management was always there to have your back whenever you needed help
Pros
discounts, friendships, choosing sections
Cons
girl drama
Great Job
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
My manager is completely amazing. Schedule are pretty flexible and the environment is as fun as you make it. I enjoyed my experience here. And I would recommend it to a friend.
Pros
Environment
Fast pace environment
server (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 31, 2017
management sucked because the gm was always angry. the other manager was always angry. some girls there are obnoxious and competitive. though it was fast paced, it was very stressful
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short breaks
Fun enviroment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLOctober 29, 2017
fun fast paced enviroment right on one of the busiest beaches in the bay, very laid back enviroment, has second floor open on weekends and private events, would still be working here if management did not run me out
Cons
kitchen ticket times, managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.