Hooters Employee Reviews

Lots of enegry
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I worked whatever hours they would give me. This job is where I got my initial experience as a cook. Management was friendly. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of working there was the big rushes when we had lots of tickets to get done. The best part of working there was the atmosphere and how all the cooks would ?put on a show" for the patrons since it was an open kitchen.
Pros
loved the work enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Great for students
Hooters Girl/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Working as a Hooters Girls I served guest and offered current promotions. I learned how to verify proper drinking age, setup/shut down bar and served and mixed alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. With cash handling abilities, I was able to charge and provide proper change to guests as well as count and restock inventory.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation/benefits
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2016
Worst company to work for. $1 blackjack and no business. Management are knuckle heads with no skills, if you have skills they will use you and then right before your probation ends they'll cut you. You're better off working for a fast food restaurant then this place.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Expensive benefits, employee dining room is dirty and small
Fun work place, great managers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 13, 2016
While working at Hooters, the girls helped with building up my self-confidence, they were very helpful with makeup and hair for work so we could look our best on the floor. The managers would walk us to our cars after night shift to make sure we were all okay, they would sometimes bring us food and feed us, we got a lot of beauty discounts for nails, hair, and makeup. Hooters also had great benefits for college, they would help pay for books and what you need for college.
Pros
half off meals, great benefits
Cons
no breaks
okay place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2016
i liked my job as a line cook at hooters; however; there was so much miscommunication between me and the other cooks. most could not even speak fluent english so it was extremely difficult to get my point across about what i needed or what needed to be done next.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
miscommunication, no benefits, no free meals
Fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 19, 2016
The typical work day consisted of a startup meeting, working as a team to set up the restaurant, socializing with customers and building a clientele. Things I've learned from working at a restaurant includes: socialization skills, time management, money management, and developing your own work schedule. The management has had its ups and downs over the years, but within the last year the company has built a strong and effective management team. My coworkers have built a special bond where everyone works very well together, which makes each and every shift run smoothly. The hardest part about the job would be that the pay is unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet many people on a daily basis.
Pros
Ability to make fast cash
Cons
Unreliable pay and lack of benefits
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2016
Fun place to work, made good money and nice people to work around. Competitive and professional. Had ok benefits, and free meals
Pros
Free meals, good money
Cons
Revealing uniforms
Interesting
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 10, 2016
Working here is not for everyone. You should be confident and outgoing. If you don't enjoy socializing, this job will be a lot more of a chore than fun. If you do like socializing, it will be great. The opportunity to make good money is there, it is up to you to make it. The hours are flexible and its great for moms and students.
Pros
flexible schedule, work with friends, good managers, potential to make good money, very little side work, low tipout
Cons
no benefits, no vacation, no sick days, strange/rude customers, feel like a zoo animal
Corporate, but learned a lot to continue many years in the restaurant industry. I was trained well and trained others.
Server/Hostess/Cashier/Bartnder (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 28, 2016
This was my first serving job from 1992-1997. I learned how to greet customers, gain regulars-- people wanting to sit in my section each time. Team work, professional environment, learned how to consolidate, and to treat all customers with the utmost respect. I learned about the life-boat theory-always treat women and children first. I learned enough to manage other restaurant's.
Pros
Before expanding, the first restuarant I worked in Fort Myers during my years, has left me with many great memories, I made excellent money, and I also had a set schedule, that each week we could choose the days we wanted to work, open door policy.
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 13, 2016
Fast company with great benefits! If you can handle the heat, this company has many opportunities! Scholarships for college, great networking, and a company to get your name out there to bring in more customers!
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of hours, great tips!
Cons
female based company
One of the best kitchen positions I've ever had
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2016
This company was amazing to work for. The team of managers at the Nashville 2nd ave. store were some of the most professional and personable people i have ever had the opportunity to work for. Managers had an eye for talent and always put our team in a position to succeed. The schedule was consistent, our team was diverse and flexible, and the overall work environment was very fun and fast-paced. I had the pleasure to work with a very talented and diverse group of co-workers which broadened my skill set as well as my ability to adapt to new situations and hurdles. Overall one of the most influential work experiences of my life.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, amazing management team, great staff
Cons
Not quick to give out raises, regardless of skill
Productive company with many opportunities
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
On a daily basis I received a good section due to how much merchandise I sold, this made me more money overall. I learned many people skills such as, how to start and end conversations, suggest items for them to purchase, and make sure their time was well spent. My management team was full of hard-working individuals. They never failed to get a task done. My co-workers weren't as driven as I was being that waitressing was only a job in between finding a better and more stable income job. The hardest part of my job was dealing with individuals treating me differently because of my uniform. The most enjoyable part of my job was making regulars, seeing the same people everyday and forming friendships.
Lively and fun workplace, where customers are the highlight of my day.
Server (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work is very easy going. I work in the mornings along with two other girls because it's usually slower than most nights. I have learned that if you work hard and show that you are willing to grow with company, it is possible. There are three managers altogether, each of them are fair and attentive to everything going on in the restaurant. My co-workers are all very different individuals that I have grown to love and appreciate. The girls are helpful and we all practice teamwork to make sure the customers are taken care of. The hardest part of my job is sitting and waiting for people to walk through the door, that's how the money is made. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers because its not hard for me to make people laugh and smile. Knowing that people are happy and enjoying themselves makes me happy.
Pros
Half off lunch, cool staff, cool customers
Cons
Slow days
This was exciting job, with the ability to hone many diffrent aspects of managing.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 17, 2016
The typical day at work is always challenging. Through this I have learned how to approach and overcome many business issues. The management staff seems not to have the same pride in their performance, that I have. My co workers are good people and I enjoy their personalities, just not their work ethics. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication from anyone, and the daily, uncommunicative way of the schedule being changed. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the progress and development of different people and projects I have taken on.
Pros
Free food, fun enviorment, and learning opportunities
Cons
The commute, the lack of strutured training, need to use personal money for the business.
Live and fast-paced work place with a personable staff.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Hooter's is an overall fun place that encourages positive energy and enjoyable attitudes. I learned that the environment is actually more family oriented with current times. The management is well structured for the most part. Employees are thoroughly guided to a successful path while still keeping an enthusiastic approach to the position. The hardest part of the job is definitely mastering the menu in a prompt time and the most enjoyable feat is meeting the wonderful customers that open themselves to our environment.
Restaurant with great staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 19, 2016
Hooters was a great place to work as a server. I would come into work, get my station set up and help other servers/cooks with opening the restaurant. When customers came in I would greet them help them pick a table and proceed to make their time at Hooter's enjoyable. I learned all of my customer service skills from working at Hooter's. I also learned my cash handling skills and how to deal with problems on the spot. Management at this location was great. The girls never had to go searching for a manager and we always had what we needed to get through the shift. My co-workers were mostly females and we all got along great, i made a lot of friends working for this restaurant. The hardest part of my job at this location was definitely just getting people in the door to come eat because without customers as server, you don't make any money, and customers were few and far between. The most enjoyable part of my job was having countless customers leave the restaurant out of my section with full bellies and smiles on their faces.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough business
Fun work environment
Waitress/trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Working at Hooters has been a great experience, I have learned many things about life working for such a great company that cares greatly for their employees. Although management is not great, the managers do care for us employees. The hardest part about working for Hooters is the judgements made because of the name, and its reputation. Although Hooters is not like other restaurants it is great to me because, I am able to come to work and be happy and peppy because that is part of my job. I hope working at Hooters these past 5 years will help me in the future to communicate well to other management and coworkers.
Could be a great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2016
Hooter's is going through management turnover at an alarming rate. Now is a good time to join the team if you can take the long hours and 6 day work weeks. If upper management can get the Jacksonville region under control the job could lead to quick advancement.
Pros
fun atmoshpere
Cons
micro management
Fun environment, life changing
Bartender, Waitress, Promo girl, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 12, 2016
-Always a uplifting environment
-Learned life skills, people skills
-Management became mentors
-Co-workers became family and lifelong friends
-Most enjoyable part of this job was the volunteer work, and the happy environment at all times
Pros
Opputunity to promotions, People skills
Fun and laid back work place
WAITRESS, BARTENDER, LEAD TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2016
A typical shift at the Hoot begins with "jump start" which is a general and short meeting about new products to push and so on. All locations differ on how sections are chosen however it helps if one is on time. I was grateful for the opportunity to show off my good looks and personality. I also was chosen to be a lead trainer and being partially responsible for the hiring process. Time and priority management is most important besides looks.
Pros
Games and contest made shifts fun
Cons
no breaks, management conflict

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.