Hooters Employee Reviews

One of the best kitchen positions I've ever had
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2016
This company was amazing to work for. The team of managers at the Nashville 2nd ave. store were some of the most professional and personable people i have ever had the opportunity to work for. Managers had an eye for talent and always put our team in a position to succeed. The schedule was consistent, our team was diverse and flexible, and the overall work environment was very fun and fast-paced. I had the pleasure to work with a very talented and diverse group of co-workers which broadened my skill set as well as my ability to adapt to new situations and hurdles. Overall one of the most influential work experiences of my life.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, amazing management team, great staff
Cons
Not quick to give out raises, regardless of skill
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 26, 2016
Typically a day at work consists of preparing and cooking all of the food frying and grilling as needed. I learned how to be quick on my feet and multitask. Management was always easy to work with. Co- workers were easy to work with and communicated well.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
short breaks and no benefits
Every changing place to work and my day is never the same.
SECURITY SUPERVISOR/ OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2015
My day is never the same. Working with people always has new challanges and since I work in security, most of the people I deal with are in a bad mood for one reason or another. I have learned to talk to people, to solve problems quickly and to think on my feet. I love to work with the core group of officers but there is such a high turnover rate that sometimes it is hard to gel with everyone. The company has been sold twice over the last three years so there have been different upper management teams which also makes it hard to feel secure with our jobs.
Pros
Free lunches, decent benefits, small property.
Cons
High turnover rate, company has been sold twice in 3 years.
produtive, great money
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 5, 2016
I made many friends here and made very good money. I had a great scedule and a great team. We work great together, and loved our job. Management was awesome and helped me anyway they could. they ultimately taught me my work ethic and how to be dependable.
Pros
great money, great staff
Cons
minimal benifits
fun place to work
COOK (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 29, 2016
i liked working in the fun atmosphere. kind of slow paced. they have a pretty flexible schedule. very bad for any kind of advancment or even raise tho.
Fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 28, 2016
Working for this company has been a great experience. Being a waitresses has increased my confidence and my personal skills. When working for this company they encourage you to be yourself and have fun at your job. Ive learned skills such as time management and multitasking but most importantly I've learned the ability to market and up-sell. Being a sports bar atmosphere we are encouraged to promote up-coming sporting events and promotions. The ability to communicate with guests has over all been a highlight of this job.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
late night hours
MIss working here
Corporate Trainer, Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 21, 2016
This was possibly the most fun job I could as for. I ran my kitchen in ways that are still used today. I set standards and enjoyed doing it. Management was rock solid and would give me all the respect that i deserved. The fellow staff was great I loved the girls and the fellow cooks were like family. I enjoyed my job to the point where i began to bring my friends in when I had the chance. Although it was fun i worked some crazy hours. In the 30 months I had worked there I had possibly 3 months that I worked less then 50 hours a week. At an extreme point I was working between 70-90 hours a week and as a line cook that is no simple task. I will never forget the people I had worked with and the fun I had but there is a point where you need to grow up.
Pros
I enjoyed what I did and who I did it with
Cons
Corporate policies
Great Place for families to enjoy a fun environment
Customer Service Associate/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
This restaurant is a fun environment that provides an happy atmosphere for all guest. While working for this company, I've learned how to treat all guest and provide them with great service. My co workers were great we all worked great together overall, but the hardest thing about the job at the end of the day were the long hours. However, their were good times and the most enjoyable part was making lots of money and walking out happy.
Pros
Providing great service to all guest, making money
Cons
Walk outs
Great place to work with great experiences
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work , I just couldn't deal with the change of management ! They took away all of our good managers and sent them to another store to rebuild them and they gave us all new managers they had no clue of how to run a big store . They started hiring anything and didn't have good communication with the customers or girls. They had their favorites which were the girls they hired and they treated the old hooter girls like Nothing and eventually started firing them for crazy reasons
Pros
Half off lunch and great pageant competitions and calendar shots
Cons
Bad management
Very fun but difficult work environment
Hooter Girl/ Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical work day consisted of all servers choosing their sections for the day and then getting those sections ready for customers. Once customers began to arrive it was our job to take their orders for food and drinks, serve those items to the customers. Sell them any merchandise in the store they were interested in. The other servers were very fun to work with and were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around all my coworkers and the customers were always very nice and fun.
Pros
reasonable wages, fun work environment
Cons
difficult management
Fun place to work overall
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 9, 2016
I loved working here. The environment is very different compared to what many people think of when someone mentions Hoots. The staff is friendly, hard-working, and upbeat. I made many friends working here, as well as learned how to market a business as well as myself. I was sent on many promotions for this store such as Fill the Boot with the firefighters, ring girl for a local boxing match twice, hosted the trivia every Thursday night, drove the Hoots van around the town to hand out wings which they referred to as "winging", hosted Fantasy Football draft parties, hosted bike night and the car shows every week. Management in this store was phenomenal. They knew how to get the staff excited for their shift whether it was a Monday afternoon or a Friday night.

*This site will not let me spell out the actual restaurant so please forgive my reference to 'Hoots'
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, paid time off, flexible hours, great management
Cons
How the public views Hoots Girls
Productive and fun work place that keeps you busy
Hostess, Togo Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462July 22, 2016
Always a crowd, defiantly teaches you to stay on your toes and how to handle a wide variety of people customer service is very important! Must know how to handle yourself in a tough situation with unhappy guests. Management will go above and beyond for you but you better be there and ready for your shift at lest 15 min early. Co-workers are so friendly and very helpful! Hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers, best part is feeling like you work for a party.
Pros
discounted food, good environment
Cons
cant have fun nails or hair
Laid back and a fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work, you would get two rush hour during your shift. But, not always, it's either a hit or miss. I've learned how to communicate more with others. You're suppose to converse with your customers and entertain them so management doesn't bother you if you are talking to much. Everyone is very friendly. The hardest part, is when your coworkers call out and it gets busy and the kitchen is under staffed, you have to juggle more tables and angry customers who have to wait long for their food, which indeed becomes challenging. Although, i must say the best part is when you are able to juggle all of that and your customer leaves satisfied.
Wonderful
Head Bartender and Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 2, 2016
• Passionate about helping people live healthy lives
• Great understanding for patients’ needs
• Knowledge of all different types of mental disorders and their treatments
• Encouraging in all aspects of care
• Proficient in providing basic nursing care
• Great communication skills needed to stay in contact with nurses, doctors, and family members
• Availability to work a variety of hours, even nights and weekends
• Physically capable of helping patients perform physical therapy and activities
Fun work place, great managers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 13, 2016
While working at Hooters, the girls helped with building up my self-confidence, they were very helpful with makeup and hair for work so we could look our best on the floor. The managers would walk us to our cars after night shift to make sure we were all okay, they would sometimes bring us food and feed us, we got a lot of beauty discounts for nails, hair, and makeup. Hooters also had great benefits for college, they would help pay for books and what you need for college.
Pros
half off meals, great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Corporate, but learned a lot to continue many years in the restaurant industry. I was trained well and trained others.
Server/Hostess/Cashier/Bartnder (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 28, 2016
This was my first serving job from 1992-1997. I learned how to greet customers, gain regulars-- people wanting to sit in my section each time. Team work, professional environment, learned how to consolidate, and to treat all customers with the utmost respect. I learned about the life-boat theory-always treat women and children first. I learned enough to manage other restaurant's.
Pros
Before expanding, the first restuarant I worked in Fort Myers during my years, has left me with many great memories, I made excellent money, and I also had a set schedule, that each week we could choose the days we wanted to work, open door policy.
Cons
No benefits
Fun, very good energy workplace and awesome people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2016
First start of the day is doing your side work, clean up before store opens, put your brightest smile on and have a positive attitude whether some days were more hectic than others. You may not get along with everybody but keeping your personal feelings aside. Management was ok, I don't think favoritism is apart of what work should be but not all were like that. I enjoyed the company of my fellow employees and meeting different people from around the world.
Pros
Majority of good people, good tips
Cons
Untrustworthy employees and favortism
Fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 19, 2016
The typical work day consisted of a startup meeting, working as a team to set up the restaurant, socializing with customers and building a clientele. Things I've learned from working at a restaurant includes: socialization skills, time management, money management, and developing your own work schedule. The management has had its ups and downs over the years, but within the last year the company has built a strong and effective management team. My coworkers have built a special bond where everyone works very well together, which makes each and every shift run smoothly. The hardest part about the job would be that the pay is unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet many people on a daily basis.
Pros
Ability to make fast cash
Cons
Unreliable pay and lack of benefits
A good job but...
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2016
The concept is very far behind in terms of what restaurant companies are doing these days, especially the west coast hooters franchise that I worked for. Ownership is unwilling to spend the money it takes to update the operational equipment to be successful in the highly competitive markets they are in, and therefore will not be successful long term in my opinion.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun, youthful
Cons
extremely poor support from the corporate team, unobtainable expectations
Great sales
Waitress and Bartending (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2016
• Executed problem solving skills by consistently having to manage multiple tables at once and dealing with specific customer requests
• Adapted to a quick “on the move” working environment between managing the bar and drinks menu in addition to serving tables with the food menu
• Created strong customer relationships as a bartender to ensure repeat customers
• Started as a server and through hard work and dedication to the company got promoted to bartender