Hooters Employee Reviews

Decent working conditions
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Good olace to work, tough to advance, micromanage to much for anybodys liking ever since new ownership, an investment company took over, everything went downhill from there
fun sporty work environment
Food & Alcohol Server (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at my previous employer, being able to interact with the costumers, and learning the business. I also appreciated the environment I worked in, due to it being free easy going, and still able to have fun at work. The only obstacle I encountered was the late night hours, but I adjusted to the night life as the employment went on.
very fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 16, 2018
I personally loved working there, it was very fun family establishment. we had so much fun with the kids, during birthdays, and of course game days. i would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
short breaks
Great atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23502February 14, 2018
It's a fun working environment and atmosphere. Meet great people you wouldn't come in contact with on a daily basis. Fast paced and sometimes stressful but tax free money is always worth it.
Pros
Take money home every day
Cons
No breaks
Dirty and stressful
COOK (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Would not recommend working here, the food was not stored properly and the way they set up and took down inventory was dirty. I had no breaks because i didn't smoke cigarettes, so I had to demand a break and then was treated terribly by all employee's and the employer. I mean the place I worked at got shut down so I guess that explains itself. Don't work there
Pros
you get to be by food and good looking people all day
Cons
no breaks, hot and dirty.
cool place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 14, 2018
its a nice place to work if you like a relaxed environment. if you intend on being there long youll get burnt out fast and they dont really give out raises youll have to fight for your life even if your a good employee
Pros
free lunch relaxed management
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Every day is a different experience. The company is always evolving. My favorite part of working for Hooters is the people. I would highly recommend the company to others!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Politics
Terrible upper management
Server (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 12, 2018
This company does not care about their employees. My former manager had me work the day after my dad passed away. This company is going down hill im surprised Hooters hasnt shut down yet.
Fun & active place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Hooters is an awesome place to work , so much fun. Get to interact with different groups of customers and create life time friends . It’s fast paced and upbeat.
Pros
Discount, tip
Cons
Not steady pay
The best of working here is its a really cool place to work but the management team can be hard to work with at times and the general manager is lazy
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 11, 2018
The only bad thing about this job was the general manager didn't help with anything. He was a very lazy general manager and didn't know the restuarant.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2018
lots of opportunities to move up
great atmosphere
money management
inventory management
Flexible scheduling
Waitress (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 9, 2018
While working at hooters i was able to bar-tend and be a waitress, i was able to create my own schedule and days that I could work. If there was more time available managers did not hesitate to let us know.
Great money, challenging environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Management was always good there. They were energetic and fun and there was never much drama with them, always easy going. Sometimes working there, you'd get groped by creepy old men, or your manager would yell at you and tell you to go sit with tables more. The best part of working there was the money I brought in. It was great for the time being. The hardest part of the job was taking multiple tables with parties of sometimes 7 people or more. It was hard keeping track of orders sometimes when it got busy at night and keeping people waiting makes them very angry. I learned that the money was good, but not for the environment I had to be in.
fun work place
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 7, 2018
if you like to cook you will love this job. they have a open kitchen so the customers can see you while your working. also gives free meals to their workers!
Pros
free food
Cons
get burned
I loved it
Hostess/Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2018
I highly recommend working at any location to any female ever. I loved the fun, fast paced, clean and exciting environment. I actually enjoyed going to work everyday.
Be ready to not have a life
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2018
You have to work long hours, most days are 12 plus hours, even if it's not busy. Some managers are lazy, my GM is lazy and he is talked about by other store mangers and knowing his stuff but being lazy and staying in the office all day. The staff is young and act like 12 year olds most days, so that gets very old. On the plus guest are nice and most of the staff are nice.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long days
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the is talking and with my co-workers who has become my friends and family. Meeting with them for lunch and talking about our families.
Pros
Free wings
Cons
Lack of communication from Upper management
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
was very fun all the cooks are very friendly and the managers are all very nice and patient to teach every single girl all job duties. the hardest part of the job here was when it was really full with no tables available to be seated at, had so many rude customers as well as nice and polite, understanding customers as well.
Pros
everyone was nice
Cons
it was very far from home. Can go back to work when im ready but it is a very long drive.
Your only place for a good ham and cheese w/ FF
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 6, 2018
The food was great. Need to practice self control. The approach to close is unbeatable. The cleanliness is what you would expect from a Miller Rd. Restaurant. Surprise guest along with family members. It was a real novelty for all ages and new to the environment in 1996. News broadcasts, debatable issues with the gender and their role in the work place. Overall it was a good experience. The only place that had a generous management with constituent interest.
Okay place
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Good money. Meet lots of people. Good refulars and customers. Good tips. Good co workers !!!! Later hours but open a lot. Pretty good about getting breaks
Pros
Good regulars.
Cons
Closesws later

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.