Hooters Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
Waitress/Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2016
This was an extremely fun work place. I worked a variety of hours and positions. I enjoyed the times I was able to be a floor manager during large events we held in store. My favorite was when I was chosen to go to Daytona Beach, FL to manage during both bike week and race week, both are experiences I will never forget! I learned a lot about customer service in every role that I played. Management and co-workers were both a wonder to work with!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 22, 2016
Clock in and started to work. I would prep food for the day . As well as clean as I go. Would listen to customers about their life and what was wrong with their food and made it right.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Too many ladies in one place
Fun and very active.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2016
.To my fun co workers that became my best friends. Everyday I learned something new from the people I met. I think what I liked the most was making my customers happy.
Pros
my co workers, customers, fun activities
Cons
management
Fun Work Environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Delivered exceptional, friendly and fast service to costumers
Demonstrated awareness of liability issues and the law by confirming legal drinking age
Great sales
Waitress and Bartending (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2016
• Executed problem solving skills by consistently having to manage multiple tables at once and dealing with specific customer requests
• Adapted to a quick “on the move” working environment between managing the bar and drinks menu in addition to serving tables with the food menu
• Created strong customer relationships as a bartender to ensure repeat customers
• Started as a server and through hard work and dedication to the company got promoted to bartender
Not Always Dependable but Fun
Waitress Trainer and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 16, 2016
Depending on your regulars you may or may not actually make money. The kitchen is unreliable and forced the girls on the floor to not take as many tables. You learn great customer service skills because the restaurant seems to attract extra picky people. (or maybe produces a lot of food errors) You're also forced to sell contest items (desserts, calendars, drinks, etc...) and often cuts are based on the winner. The sales numbers from these contests are fake because waitresses will buy the items themselves or have their customers buy multiple of them but not actually consume or take the product they bought.

It's easy to have fun here because you can play games, hula hoop, sing songs to the customers, but it's stressful when your over staffed on the floor and unsure whether you'll meet you goal for the night. If you fit the role just make sure to avoid eating the fried foods. Trust me you'll break out from just being around them and you'll always smell like a grease pit after a night of work.
Pros
1/2 priced food and merch, fun environment, games, wear your hair down
Cons
Picky uniform, unreliable coworkers, makeup and hair requirements, AC either blasting or Heat blasting
Very fun and fast workplace
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 15, 2016
My experience at the job was great. During the time I was there I learned a few new things such as how to cook certain foods. I also learned how each ingredient made food taste better.
Could be a great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2016
Hooter's is going through management turnover at an alarming rate. Now is a good time to join the team if you can take the long hours and 6 day work weeks. If upper management can get the Jacksonville region under control the job could lead to quick advancement.
Pros
fun atmoshpere
Cons
micro management
A fun place to hula hoop
Server (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2016
We open the doors and let the guests in. Guests come and go, and we treat them as energetic as possible. Getting to know your tables is encouraged. Also taking dishes back, making tea, getting drinks and food delivered, we are allowed to hula hoop on our free time which is really fun. I liked working there.
Pros
Contests to win items, free food sometimes
Cons
No breaks, mean girls fighting with one another
ok pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 27, 2016
meet cool girls, prob keep in touch with all of them, amazing way to learn to be well rounded with people and culture. get money for grades
Un Beat Work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2016
Greeted guests, and made sure they received the best service and didn't leave UN-happy. The managers and co-workers were great to work with. Favorite part of this job was hosting events.
Definitely not a normal restaurant
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 22, 2016
Don't come from any restaurant background expecting many similarities. Too many issues to begin discussing. Their goal is to sell lots of alcohol, but while that makes money it also makes drunks, surrounded by pretty girls. Bad mix.
Pros
Annual Bikin contest
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place that keeps you busy
Hostess, Togo Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462July 22, 2016
Always a crowd, defiantly teaches you to stay on your toes and how to handle a wide variety of people customer service is very important! Must know how to handle yourself in a tough situation with unhappy guests. Management will go above and beyond for you but you better be there and ready for your shift at lest 15 min early. Co-workers are so friendly and very helpful! Hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers, best part is feeling like you work for a party.
Pros
discounted food, good environment
Cons
cant have fun nails or hair
fun place to work, very easygoing
Fry cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001July 21, 2016
most enjoyable part of working there is the fun environment. Also very nice staff and regulars that come in. hardest parts of my job were to clean up the grease in kitchen.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
As a server
Server (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 19, 2016
... well it is still a serving job. A good manager will go a long ways. It was a good start up job. It paid decent and had two working shifts, which allowed me to continue my education.
Pros
decent pay in tips, flexible work days and hours, development of people skills
Very fun but difficult work environment
Hooter Girl/ Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical work day consisted of all servers choosing their sections for the day and then getting those sections ready for customers. Once customers began to arrive it was our job to take their orders for food and drinks, serve those items to the customers. Sell them any merchandise in the store they were interested in. The other servers were very fun to work with and were always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around all my coworkers and the customers were always very nice and fun.
Pros
reasonable wages, fun work environment
Cons
difficult management
Fun workplace going through college
Trainer and Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2016
I learned so much. From customer service to assisting management. A typical day at work would be busy helping satisfy customers needs. The hardest part of my job was handling large amounts of money at a time and keeping the other employees up to business standards while training.
subway for lunch meetings
quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 18, 2016
I learn how to be independent so quick. I had to adapt so fast in a different environment that i'm not use to, that it made me become a stronger person from before to now. The staff are amazing, i made so many friends along the way. I learn how to communicate with others without any conflicts or confrontation.I love this job. I miss the people i work with. They are all so welcoming and make me feel i belong to a family.
Pros
i made great friends
Cons
vacation pay
Productive and fun work place yet serious and professional
Disher-Food prep and prep cook (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 15, 2016
It's a great job and laid back but upbeat environment close to the shopping mall is a plus. It's has a professional atmosphere that requires you to look but don't stir say hello but don't endulge and never took unless it's a simple hand shake.
Pros
Free food n drink
Cons
On feet all day dealing with water can be hard on your toes.
Outgoing, but wouldn't work with my hours.
Waitress/Busser (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 14, 2016
I learned a lot about serving drinks, and to be more engaging with customers. The hardest part of the job was the schedule they agreed to, and then what I kept receiving wasn't what we had agreed to. The best thing about working at Hooter's was that I learned a lot about serving drinks, and being quick on my feet.
Pros
They make sure the girls are safe coming and leaving.
Cons
unpaid lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.