Hooters Employee Reviews

It's a fun place to work at!
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoy interacting and talking with people and this job allows me to do just that. It's also taught me how to market myself as a Hooters Girl so I am able to develop my "regulars" who come in and ask for me because they enjoy spending their lunch or dinner with me and it has also taught me how to push sales in that we are encourage to always try to up sell. For example, if someone order french fries, we ask if they would like cheese, which adds $.99 to their bill, it may not seem like a lot, but with a table of 6 people, that's an additional $6.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
unsteady income
Fun and laid back work place
WAITRESS, BARTENDER, LEAD TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2016
A typical shift at the Hoot begins with "jump start" which is a general and short meeting about new products to push and so on. All locations differ on how sections are chosen however it helps if one is on time. I was grateful for the opportunity to show off my good looks and personality. I also was chosen to be a lead trainer and being partially responsible for the hiring process. Time and priority management is most important besides looks.
Pros
Games and contest made shifts fun
Cons
no breaks, management conflict
Productive fun place to work at with sports on television.
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Working at Hooters was exciting as a buss boy. As being a bus boy I that sanitation is really important just so we can avoid people getting sick. I managed to use my time productively if I see a customer finished eating then I get on that table and sanitize the area. My co-workers were fun to work with and also helpful actually did grew a bond with them. The hardest part of the job is the super bowl nights we were really busy on those days a lot of customer's came out just to sit in and watch the game. The enjoyable part of the job is the communication skills like we really communicate with each other just to know what's going on or what's need to be done.
Productive company with many opportunities
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
On a daily basis I received a good section due to how much merchandise I sold, this made me more money overall. I learned many people skills such as, how to start and end conversations, suggest items for them to purchase, and make sure their time was well spent. My management team was full of hard-working individuals. They never failed to get a task done. My co-workers weren't as driven as I was being that waitressing was only a job in between finding a better and more stable income job. The hardest part of my job was dealing with individuals treating me differently because of my uniform. The most enjoyable part of my job was making regulars, seeing the same people everyday and forming friendships.
Friendly and welcoming enviroment.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2016
A typical workday at Hooters was steady, upbeat and fun. I enjoyed being able to converse with customers that possibly turn into regulars. Hooters was like a family so it made it easy to work with coworkers and managers, for the most part. Id say the hardest part of the job would be to maintain a collected mind on busy nights/days (fight nights and/or game nights) & my most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to interact with the customers, especially their children.
Fun work environment
Waitress/trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Working at Hooters has been a great experience, I have learned many things about life working for such a great company that cares greatly for their employees. Although management is not great, the managers do care for us employees. The hardest part about working for Hooters is the judgements made because of the name, and its reputation. Although Hooters is not like other restaurants it is great to me because, I am able to come to work and be happy and peppy because that is part of my job. I hope working at Hooters these past 5 years will help me in the future to communicate well to other management and coworkers.
Lots of enegry
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I worked whatever hours they would give me. This job is where I got my initial experience as a cook. Management was friendly. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of working there was the big rushes when we had lots of tickets to get done. The best part of working there was the atmosphere and how all the cooks would ?put on a show" for the patrons since it was an open kitchen.
Pros
loved the work enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Cook and prep cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 9, 2016
The girls were always fun to work with. The kitchen staff as well as the managers were fun to work with too. It was fun breading up the chicken wings but it seemed difficult to de-bread the wings. But the rest of the job in the kitchen seemed easy. The kitchen would
always get quite dirty. But that's why the cooks were assigned a cleaning project each day. But every kitchen should some specific cleaning duties.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Paid holidays
This was exciting job, with the ability to hone many diffrent aspects of managing.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 17, 2016
The typical day at work is always challenging. Through this I have learned how to approach and overcome many business issues. The management staff seems not to have the same pride in their performance, that I have. My co workers are good people and I enjoy their personalities, just not their work ethics. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication from anyone, and the daily, uncommunicative way of the schedule being changed. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the progress and development of different people and projects I have taken on.
Pros
Free food, fun enviorment, and learning opportunities
Cons
The commute, the lack of strutured training, need to use personal money for the business.
A flashy restaurant with a very antiquated set of rules and operations
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 16, 2016
The basis of employment is derived from girls in skimpy clothing. The quality of food and environment are very good. Good days are great, everyone is generally very upbeat. The largest issue with this company is that the office work never gets easier, they don't get rid of anything in the system. They simply add things that you may or may not need.
Great for students
Hooters Girl/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Working as a Hooters Girls I served guest and offered current promotions. I learned how to verify proper drinking age, setup/shut down bar and served and mixed alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. With cash handling abilities, I was able to charge and provide proper change to guests as well as count and restock inventory.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation/benefits
great work environment, great employees, great managers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 3, 2017
My co-workers were amazing here, they always worked around my personal life if I ever needed time off, work days were amazing as well, never any drama, the only hard part of the work is when there is a big UFC fight or a Saturday night when people would really love to come to hooters. The best part of the job was the free food, and closing! lol
Fun, fast pace work.
Server, head-wait server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I mainly worked nights, which were always busy. so you have to be aware to prioritize and multitask to satisfy everyone's needs at all of your tables.
The most enjoyable part was talking with everyone at your tables, meeting new people.
I learned how to read people a lot better, their body language, their facial expressions.
Pros
The fun enviorment.
Cons
Fast cash in a fun environment
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2016
During my time at Hooters I learned many valuable work aspects that I believe turned me into a hard working individual. Majority of the staff I worked with besides upper management is very lazy, so if you want something done...do it yourself. Hooter's girls are always replaceable but if you create a cliental you will flourish in this environment. The most difficult part of the job is having to do the job duties performed by a bus boy or girl; taking out trash, dishwashing, rolling silverware, making iced tea, and cleaning tables all while maintaining your own tables. The most enjoyable part of the job is the life long connections and networking I was able to establish with staff and customers.
Fun place to work,but management can be a pain!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2017
It's a fun,cool and laid back place to work,but when people come it's gets crazy! The managers can be a pain yet understanding with life issues.when it comes to the wait to on the food,they DONT PLAY!
Pros
Free soda, staff is like family, good jokes and good food too! Watch all kinds of sports games
Cons
Managers can be a pain in the you know what
Great, fun environment with great flexible hours
Server/Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 5, 2016
I have enjoyed my 2 1/2 years at Hooters because I am surrounded by supportive coworkers and a fun and laid back environment/management team. I have learned the importance of customer service and how to handle situations in which customers may feel unsatisfied with their visit. With being promoted to a Corporate Trainer, I am given additional responsibility aside from keeping the restaurant clean and making sure that customers are taken care of. This includes, making sure that new employees learn and abide by corporate rules and regulations, and that they are able to fulfill their job as a server.
Pros
Free meals when training, Flexible schedules
Decent
Kitchen Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 18, 2016
They are very loyal to us kitchen staff and have supported me. There are not very many opportunities for advancement though, and as with all restaurant jobs there is always a chance of having hours cut.

The company as a whole is great and has good structure.

I have learned how to manage and supervise a large group of people.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, expensive healthcare with poor coverage
A good job but...
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2016
The concept is very far behind in terms of what restaurant companies are doing these days, especially the west coast hooters franchise that I worked for. Ownership is unwilling to spend the money it takes to update the operational equipment to be successful in the highly competitive markets they are in, and therefore will not be successful long term in my opinion.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun, youthful
Cons
extremely poor support from the corporate team, unobtainable expectations
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2016
Worst company to work for. $1 blackjack and no business. Management are knuckle heads with no skills, if you have skills they will use you and then right before your probation ends they'll cut you. You're better off working for a fast food restaurant then this place.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Expensive benefits, employee dining room is dirty and small
Fun work place, great managers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 13, 2016
While working at Hooters, the girls helped with building up my self-confidence, they were very helpful with makeup and hair for work so we could look our best on the floor. The managers would walk us to our cars after night shift to make sure we were all okay, they would sometimes bring us food and feed us, we got a lot of beauty discounts for nails, hair, and makeup. Hooters also had great benefits for college, they would help pay for books and what you need for college.
Pros
half off meals, great benefits
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.