The Store Manager manages the sales, operations, and personnel functions of the store to ensure maximum profitability. In full compliance with company policies and procedures and in constant communication with the Director of Stores, the Store Manager ensures that the store meets all company standards in the areas of:
- Sales Goal Achievement
- Customer and Donor Satisfaction
- Store Operations
- Cash/Inventory Management
- Visual Presentation/Merchandise Handling/Store Maintenance
- Team/Professional Characteristics
- Human Resource Management and Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales and Customer/Donor Satisfaction
- Maintains selling as a priority. Sell productively – consistently aware of meeting and exceeding store sales goals. Monitors Associates’ productivity – acknowledging and communication performance to them.
- Positively communicates sales goals, promotions and incentives to the store’s staff, encouraging their achievement. Consistently motivates Associates to achieve their full potential to meet company standards and store goals.
- Knowledgeable of proper product information and communicates it to customers and Associates effectively.
- Builds good customer relations. Consistently sets an enthusiastic example for Associates to follow. Leads by example.
- Resolves customer/donor questions and/or concerns in a positive way.
- Builds and maintains lasting relationships with customers, donors, Associates, volunteers, and all others associated with the Hope Chest.
- Ensures that the store is a safe working and shopping environment. Protects store’s funds and property through loss prevention policies and procedures, communication related concerns to the Director of Stores. Trains all Associates in such policies and procedures as well.
- Practices effective pre-employment screening according to the Company procedures.
- Maintains a well-organized, clean store appearance (including the stockroom, wrap desk, fitting rooms, and kitchen) through appropriate housekeeping activities.
- Understands and maintains store merchandising standards. Processes all donations and stock according to Company policy.
- Recognizes sales trends; initiates appropriate and timely action.
- Knows and properly executes Liberty procedures.
- Keeps all controllable expenses within Company guidelines (i.e., payroll, supplies, etc.). Requests supplies ensuring a consistent and accurate level of them while controlling expenses.
- Available for “on-call” in the event of scheduling conflicts or store emergencies.
- Performs all other duties as directed by the Director of Stores.
- Keys all register transactions accurately and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Performs all financial activities efficiently and in accordance with Company policy and guidelines (including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling).
- Creates enthusiasm within the stores, developing the willingness and desire in Associates to work towards established store and Company objectives.
- Communicates effectively and cooperates with all Associates, other Store Managers, and the Director of Stores. Practices good listening skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility, time management skills and is able to prioritize to meet the needs of the business.
- Recognizes sales trends, giving constructive feedback on merchandise to the Director of Stores.
- Properly plans and organizes to execute and ensure sales support functions/standards are met.
- Positively demonstrates the Hope Chest image standards, projecting a neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Able to assess and react to issues/situations with a logical, well-thought out approach.
Human Resource Management and Development
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, motivates, supervises, and counsels Associates under the direction of the Director of Stores.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills and a positive team attitude.
- Creates a strong team environment. Delegates effectively.
- Properly documents and holds Associates responsible.
- Prepares weekly schedules in accordance with Company guidelines and monitors payroll to establish proper floor coverage.
- Reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation to verify completeness and accuracy of hours worked, ensuring payroll records are entered into the system timely and properly.
- Prepares for weekly store meetings and directs them when necessary.
- Ensures all Associates receive and understand training consistently.
- Practices consistent reinforcement of training.
- Encourages and coaches potential management candidates in developing their managerial and leadership skills.
Reports to the Director of Stores and supervises/develops Sales and Delivery Associates.
Minimum Qualifications (Education or equivalent experience)
High School diploma or equivalent is desired. A minimum of two (2) years of management required, preferably in a retail sales setting. Must have knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations, a proven sales track record (sales/leadership), and be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Communication with customers/donors, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 40 pounds, hang merchandise, climb ladder, reaching, and pushing/pulling.
Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure leadership coverage on the sales floor. Store Managers must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts. In addition to being available for emergency situations, all Store Managers work a 40-hour flexible work schedule, including weekends.
Indeed - 8 months ago
The purpose of the Hope Chest is to provide the quickest access to help with the most urgent emergency needs for local women and their...