Hope College Employee Reviews

Easy and fun for college students!
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 5, 2017
Fun place to work, and works well with class schedule. Every day is something new & this job really prepared me to work as a server in a restaurant. It also provided the opportunity to work with a diverse population.
College jobs
Analytical Chemistry Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 23, 2017
Great to get more hands-on experience in your major, and to establish better connections with the professors. The responsibility and demands of any of the jobs are fairly low.
Pros
Easy pace
Cons
Pay
A good place for students to work.
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 17, 2017
My job was different depending on the day. There were plenty of opportunities to learn and it was a good job to have. The other staff members were always willing to help.
Buena experiencia laboral
Profesor asociada de Lengua y literatura española (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2017
Mi experiencia en Hope College me ha permitido desarrollar mis habilidades para enseñar lengua y literatura a estudiantes de habla inglesa. Ha sido un ciclo bonito e importante en mi vida pero deseo vivir en España haciendo un trabajo similar.
Pros
Seguro, bien pago, muchas oportunidades de formación continua
Cons
Está en los EEUU donde no deseo vivir más.
Great
Substitute Professor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 1, 2017
It's a wonderful school with supporting staff members! I only had to teach three classes each day, and the students were always ready to learn. When the original teacher came back (she was on maternity leave), we were able to transition her back into the classroom easily.
Helped me prepare for grad school
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 29, 2017
TA-ing for anatomy lab was a great way for me to brush up on my basic anatomy skills before going on to graduate school. Plus it was fun to get to help dissect the bodies.
Great Collegge
Grader (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 29, 2017
A wonderful liberal arts college in Holland, Michigan. High quality classes, professors, and courses. I would recommend this college to any and all students.
Relaxed and Fun
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 26, 2017
Hope College Residential Life is made up of truly caring and energetic individuals who are passionate about making life on campus better for the students.
Fun and loose environment
Annual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 25, 2016
I love fundraising money for student scholarships. I feel as though I am doing my college and myself a great service. The work environment is very positive.
Sigma Omicron Honors Fraternity
Member Sigma Omicron Honors Fraternity (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 28, 2016
We represent the Dance Department and work together to bring unity to the three Hope College Dance Companies. We also attend monthly business meetings.
Triage Technician
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 10, 2016
• Interacted and communicated with patients of all ages and ethnic backgrounds to give quality medical care and treatment.
• Performed triage tasks by taking patients’ blood pressure, temperature, pulse, weight, and height to insure patients’ wellbeing and aid the medical staff.
• Computed and updated patients’ history, medications, complaints, and clinical visit to allow for accessible and clear patient medical records.
• Organized and sanitized triage room and rooms for new patients to improve the quality of care.
Good college
Student researcher (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 18, 2016
Went to college here, did research with the chemistry and physics departments. It was pretty cool to get to play with a particle accelerator on campus.
Opprotunity to work with Professionals
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 13, 2016
I would Collect raw data from specific locations in the field with my colleagues in order to build a complete, and concise report detailing the area we have studied.
Cool Place
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 11, 2016
Great place to work for part-time job as a student. Hours are flexible and will work around your class schedule. Any job on campus would provide these benefits.
Easy Summer Job
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 10, 2016
If you are a college student looking to make easy money while being outside, this is the job for you. Overtime work available every weekend.
Excellent liberal arts college
Latino Student Organization - Trustee (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 11, 2016
Hope College has been able to educate me to live a life of leadership and service in a global society through academic and co-curricular programs of recognized excellence in the liberal arts and in the context of the historic Christian faith.
Helpful and understanding management
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 5, 2015
They care about you as a person and want you to succeed at whatever you do. I have not had many negative experiences with Hope College as far as employment.
Supportive environment with opportunities to advance
Event Coordinator, DMCL (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Hope College has taught me what it entails to be a successful and productive employee. I enjoyed experiencing how the faculty and staff supported their employees, created a friendly environment, and taught transferable skills. Working for Hope has given me an immense amount of knowledge in event planning, customer service, marketing, coordinating, communications, public relations, and networking.
Hope College
Adjunct Professor of Music (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 24, 2014
It is very enjoyable to instruct guitar at Hope College. I teach about 30 private lessons per semester, both music majors and non-majors.
Pros
Positive and encouraging teaching environment
Cons
Income based on student load
Taught seminar for Japanese students.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 17, 2014
Excellent experience. Good management. Adequate support.
Pros
Students from a different culture.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7