Hope College Employee Reviews in United States

Good college
Student researcher (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 18, 2016
Went to college here, did research with the chemistry and physics departments. It was pretty cool to get to play with a particle accelerator on campus.
Opprotunity to work with Professionals
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 13, 2016
I would Collect raw data from specific locations in the field with my colleagues in order to build a complete, and concise report detailing the area we have studied.
Cool Place
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 11, 2016
Great place to work for part-time job as a student. Hours are flexible and will work around your class schedule. Any job on campus would provide these benefits.
Easy Summer Job
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 10, 2016
If you are a college student looking to make easy money while being outside, this is the job for you. Overtime work available every weekend.
Excellent liberal arts college
Latino Student Organization - Trustee (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 11, 2016
Hope College has been able to educate me to live a life of leadership and service in a global society through academic and co-curricular programs of recognized excellence in the liberal arts and in the context of the historic Christian faith.
Helpful and understanding management
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 5, 2015
They care about you as a person and want you to succeed at whatever you do. I have not had many negative experiences with Hope College as far as employment.
Supportive environment with opportunities to advance
Event Coordinator, DMCL (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Hope College has taught me what it entails to be a successful and productive employee. I enjoyed experiencing how the faculty and staff supported their employees, created a friendly environment, and taught transferable skills. Working for Hope has given me an immense amount of knowledge in event planning, customer service, marketing, coordinating, communications, public relations, and networking.
Hope College
Adjunct Professor of Music (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 24, 2014
It is very enjoyable to instruct guitar at Hope College. I teach about 30 private lessons per semester, both music majors and non-majors.
Pros
positive and encouraging teaching environment
Cons
income based on student load
Taught seminar for Japanese students.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 17, 2014
Excellent experience. Good management. Adequate support.
Pros
students from a different culture.
Cons
none.
Very excellent environment to work in
TA (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 30, 2014
All employees were helpful and cooperative in the highest manner.
Excellent people and atmosphere.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 29, 2014
Awesome place to learn, work, and grow. I have nothing but good things to say, on all fronts.
Loyal Alumni support
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Overall excellent success in securing funds from alumni, parent and friends.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 27, 2013
As a resident assistant, I learned a lot about how to talk with and deal with people my age who may be disgruntled or upset about a certain thing. The hardest part about the job is trying to help other students through hardship. However, the best part of the job is when you help the students out.
Good Place for School
Kletz Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 8, 2013
I attend school here, so the jobs aren't very involving. They are however, considerate of your primary status as a student.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 27, 2013
A resident assistant at Hope College is required to oversee the dorms and cottages on campus. Duties include programming, working as a team, and building an optimal community for living. The R.A.'s at Hope are required to attend fall training, winter training, and monthly semester training sessions. Training focused on leadership, diversity, community building, programming, teamwork, and health. My first year duties were in a dormitory overseeing 92 men. I worked with four other R.A.'s, but was a part of one of the largest residential life teams in the state of Michigan. My second and third year as an R.A. took place in a cottage of 8 men. The cottage R.A. duties were the same as the dorm duties, but on a smaller scale. I reported to either a Residential Director, or a Neighborhood coordinator all three years. The most difficult part of the job was being a friend to my peers while performing my duties as an R.A. Enforcing policy is part of the R.A. job description, but is not always socially admirable by peers. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was becoming a part of a large team with a common goal. Hope is an amazing place, largely due to the residential life staff that works hard to create a healthy living environment.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 27, 2013
A resident assistant at Hope College is required to oversee the dorms and cottages on campus. Duties include programming, working as a team, and building an optimal community for living. The R.A.'s at Hope are required to attend fall training, winter training, and monthly semester training sessions. Training focused on leadership, diversity, community building, programming, teamwork, and health. My first yea duties as an R.A. were in a dormitory overseeing 92 men. I worked with four other R.A.'s, but was a part of one of the largest residential life teams in the state of Michigan. My second and third year as an R.A. took place in a cottage of 8 men. The cottage R.A. duties were the same as the dorm duties, but on a smaller scale.
Just a typical research job you can expect as an undergrad.
Bioinformatics Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holland, MiDecember 11, 2012
I got to learn a lot about the world of biology and how to apply my programming knowledge to help solve real world problems in the lab. I also had the opportunity to help contribute to an abstract that wound up being published.

Overall it's a wonderful place to work if you're going to this school. If you're as lucky as I was you'll get your own office with plenty of computing power.
Pros
excellent guidance from the best professors in the field.
Cons
most positions are only limited for a short period of time.
I was treated with respect and as an equal.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 26, 2012
I taught two sessions of one class. The management was very helpful and respected me. I was treated as an equal by all of my co-workers. The hardest part was not being on campus long enough to be able to help the students more. The most enjoyable part was having past students come back and thanking me for preparing them for the real world.
Cons
no long term contract.
TA and Event Planner
TA and Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 25, 2012
As a TA for the communication Department, I analyzed lesson plan and created student exams to effectively evaluate student performance; graded 500+ exams. I also created 2011-2012 Communication Department Internship handbooks; Interviewed department professors to identify handbook objectives and developed content: Approved by Department Chair and implemented Fall 2011.

As an event planner, I led quarterly social events for Hope College (available to 3200 students); Developed event themes, partnered with Hope student organizations, planned and executed all event details including event promotion, transportation, vendors, catering and budget; Personally responsible for eight events, collaborated on over 30 events.
Good Summer Work Experience
Meiji Gakuin Exchange Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 27, 2012
Did research work and lead a cultural program for Japanese Exchange students. The cultural program ended up having longer hours than I expected, but it was a great program and I did not mind putting in extra time. Research was in subject matter I enjoyed (French Culture) under a professor who managed very well.

4.7