Hope Community Resources, Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Serving our individuals with physical and mental help.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2017
Outside of the daily work in the Accounting Department, knowing that there are individuals out there that we support to have a full life. In spite of their condition.
Pros
Job is fulfilling
Cons
Busy during month end and year end closing.
Patience, Perseverance, and Persistence [The 3 P’s] my personal, professional at Hope.
Behavioral health Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 8, 2014
I like working at Hope, it is fun and enjoyable helping people with their daily routing or activities. I grown personally
at Hope Community resource,on a professional level in confidence at speaking to work colleagues, developing friendships with peers, being able to critically think and logically reflect on decisions, and using my time to make positive choices while attending college. In social-religious aspect, I’ve connected with individuals and staffs from other faiths, and have embraced my friendships with them. By using my professional learned, I enhanced my strength in one-and-one provider and teamwork my bond with community mission for individual to Achieve their goal. On weaknesses of the Hope is when working wit kids and you were suppose to have 40 hours; it is hard to get them and sometime you can end up losing your benefit, because you not fulltime. It is hard when your co-worker don't communicate or update you with things happened when you off the clocks or been gone. It is good to have team-work by making a good communications, help one another when need it, and solve crisis as team.
Pros
Going to some free events with individuals
Cons
having a felexible hours or when the services is cancell you lost hours sometime, if they don't fine you hours somewhere.
1100 clients; 6 IT persons
Systems Analyst/Sharepoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 7, 2013
The size of the IT staff is severely less than it needs to support its clientele. IT employees - excepting the CIO - typically work 50-60 hours per week and are paid 15-20% less than other companyies offer.
Pros
Training
Cons
IT Staff is far too small.
Employment with Hope Community Resources
Individual Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 18, 2013
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working with disabled/ mentally challenged individuals. The management is given free reign to make decisions based on personal preferences and choices which leaves employees to feel that at any point in time they may be fired or written up for not complying with the whims of management. Management will allow certain staff members to do one thing and write up others for doing the same thing. And when management is confronted about this practice they will turn it on individual staff members vs. admitting to their practices.
Cons
no breaks.
A nice company to work for.
Bobbie Jo Roen (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my job. Nice company, nice co-workers and overall wonderful.
Pros
A very short drive to work.
Cons
A great place to work where blessings happen every day
RN (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2013
Management is supportive and imaginative. A typical is never typical or the same twice. Co-workers are easy-going and love their jobs. The hardest part of the job is documenting "BILLABLE" in 15 minutes increments. The most enjoyable part of the job are the individuals we serve, their families and the wonderful people that help you help them.
Care Coordinator
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 2, 2012
Work with people who experience developmental disabilities through the Medicaid Waiver Program. Maintain contact through two monthly visits with each person your case load. Write and submit the annual Plan of Care for the person receiving services to the State of Alaska. Gather and work with a colaborative team with in the agency and out side of the agency to ensure services are provided as directed in the Plan of Care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope Community Resources, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4