Hope Network Employee Reviews

If you are looking for a place that provides a good work/life balance Hope Network is an excellent place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at Hope Network varies greatly from position to position. They are a non-profit that serves the community in a wide variety of ways, many of which the general public is not aware of.
Decent place of employment
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2017
No truly negative things to say about the organization. I have been working here for a year, and enjoy the residents as well as my supervisors. The supervisory staff is very understanding when it comes to schedule conflicts.
Employees treated poorly
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 28, 2017
I only worked at Hope through a temp service and therefore had no job security. However, many of my full time colleagues often felt that their jobs were insecure and were not treated well. After working with them for 8 months, I was given a two day notice that my assignment was completed and I was without work. During my brief time there, five employees were terminated without any notice in my department alone.
non-profit trying to make a difference
Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 21, 2017
Hope is has good intentions and works well at the ground level - that is, providing quality services to people. The corporate level is a bit more muddled, with competing claims for limited resources, initiatives that start and never go anywhere, personality politics, lots of meetings, lots of catered lunches, and various endeavors that do not directly seem to support providing quality services to people.

The corporate level seems to forget its sole purpose is to provide support for the parts that interact directly with people. While these front-line parts have a voice, it is often drowned out by louder interests with their own agenda. There are many disenchanted with the organization's direction, and many good people have left.

Work can be rewarding, while the pay is ho-hum, and benefits leave much to be desired. Work hard and get a 1% raise annually, while those up the chain get bonuses you are not suppose to know about.
Pros
good people, diverse work, autonomy, general paid time off
Cons
toxic people, inefficient processes, rampant disengagement, benefits
i like working here because they were concerned about their employees
Accounting Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJune 13, 2017
but they didn't always have enough work to finish the day out or at times it was too much work for one person to do... it was challenging and i enjoyed it because it gave me something i could shape on my own and present it and get credit for something i did to make things better there
Pros
easy going relaxed environment
Cons
busy and tedious
Run away and never look back!!!
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 12, 2017
If you want to work somewhere with low pay, be burned out, have no time with your family, incompetent management work at a place with HS drama, and have limited opportunity to grow than thia could be the job for you!! If not then run away and do not look back. This place cant keep staff and expects more than you are paid for. One of the best choices I made was leaving.
Pros
Seeing the consumers grow
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no work/family balance, high turn over, etc
Would NEVER go back
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJune 12, 2017
I worked at the one in Lowell. When I was working there they are very poorly staffed. There were times where I was in a cottage of 12 alone. There were times when working 3rd shift we would have one staff member per cottage and no floater so when something bad happened we were on our own with no help. I was punched and kicked by residents many times. Very unsafe place to work. The Supervisors and Director didn't care when we would talk about our concerns. I eventually handed in my resignation after working a 22 hour shift and they wanted me back in with less than 8 hours to sleep. They do not care about the staff or residents. They would keep us in one cottage for months on end and then decide to switch us so then the residents would go off because their routine would be disrupted. When working in these types of home routines are essential and they should think of that before they decide to switch things up. If things are going well leave it alone. This home was essentially created as a half way point so eventually they would be able to live on their own and in my entire time working there not one resident went to live on their own the only place they went was jail or back to hospital. It needs to change before something seriously goes wrong and someone gets seriously hurt!
Pros
I did like working with residents
Cons
Unsafe working conditions, low pay, poor benifits.
Poor management
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2017
Management was poor. Employee feedback was overlooked at times. While I was there, some employees that were there for 15+ years had their compensation cut in half.
Productive place but needs improvments
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2017
I love my job working with disabled consumers and helping them make goals and reaching them and with little to no behaviors. The management is horrible with almost to very little communication with staff, staff members feel targeted, there is no guarantee you're going to have your back covered by co workers, and the company its self does not listen to concerns and handle them professionally. While at work we clean up after the consumers, wash them off, change their clothes, sweep mop, change bedding, find activities that interest them and go on outings they enjoy doing. The hardest part I think is keeping control when a resident is having a behavior and throwing things, pulling hair, hitting, and running away.
easy jobe
Manpower Temporary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 24, 2017
Down fall is when i worked there they no benefits. Some times there is no work that day when you are scheduled. Management is not that good but they are always willing to help
Pros
Management will place you where they think you can do
Cons
Some times you are put in a spot that is hard for you

Want to know more about Hope Network?

Ask a question
Good Place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MIMay 23, 2017
Hope network is a nice facility to work in if your passion is helping people. I think the hardest part of this job is probably dealing with the staff mostly. the residents are in need of great people to help them return to society.
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2017
I fie and fill out paperwork. I spend time working with the consumers on completing ADL's, cooking, outings and anything else they need help with. We work with people with mental Illnesses and developmental disabilities.
n/a
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMay 19, 2017
• Trained to assist the elderly, disabled, mentally ill, and/or terminally ill
• Transporting patients to doctor's appointments, or running errands
• Some light cleaning, maintain sanitary conditions in the home environment.
• Crossword puzzles or arts and crafts
An opportunity for growth
Lead Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 13, 2017
Hope Network, as a whole, is a company dedicated to underprivileged individuals. From autism to traumatic brain injuries, Hope Network can help. I, personally, have learned a great deal with how to interact with people, and my leadership skills have been in constant development in my entire 10+ year career with this company.
Pros
Management encourages employee development, vision, dental, and life insurance
Cons
Company is a non-profit organization, so pay isn't always phenominal
Effective work place with a good team environment
PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIMay 12, 2017
Hope Network is a great place to work, an 8am-4pm typical work day with most weekends off. You come into a supportive environment with friendly supervisors and co-workers who are there to help whenever needed. The consumers/clients that we support are fantastic and all have personalities of their own. I have learned so much from being at Hope Network, I have become a more outgoing and more professional from my experience at this facility. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork and that is not that bad. 4-6 clients daily reporting on their goals and work throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to see the clients faces daily and getting to know them and help them reach their goals and become more succesful in their own lives.
Pros
Paid lunches(with consumers at this time) Supportive environment, weekends off
Cons
Can be stressful
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 12, 2017
If you have a passion for this population and need experience, this is the place to work. However, this experience can come at a cost to your overall mental health.
Work and connections
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 7, 2017
Everyday is different. This job can be very stressful one day and not stressful the next. Prepare for anything when going to work. It is an awesome place where your coworkers are your friends. However, can be frustrating with coworkers, also.
Pros
coworkers, management
Cons
pay wage, high stress level
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 5, 2017
If you love working with kids this is the job for you. Some days are very stressful but overall the joy you get from knowing that you are making a difference is worth it
Fun
Developmental Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2017
Great place to work :) Consumers are very appreciative of anything you do for them. They're large challenges are small to those without challenges. I miss them very, very much.
Unethical practices
Former leadership (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 20, 2017
I was disgusted at how little they pay the DSP'S and how overpaid the management is paid. There are way too many layers of management. A director who has a director who has two more directors and then the CEO. They kick out good people in leadership unethically and some of their practices are very flawed. Do not work here! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
the direct care staff are the best and most hardowrking
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9