Hope Network Employee Reviews in United States

Hope Network provides excellent service to those in need of rehabilitation and behavioral services.
Psychometrist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2016
All the years that I have been with Hope Network have been enjoyable, as well as a growing experience for me personally and professionally. The only reason that I am seeking a new career path is because Hope no longer can offer me enough empoyable hours at the Center for Autism or at the Neurorehabilitation facility. I am looking for a job opportunity that can provide me with 32-40 hours of employment as well as benefits.
Pros
Working with children and their families who are on the Autism Spectrum
Cons
Not enough hours
Not a very good place to be
Medical Biller/Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2015
I have only been working there for 4 months & I wish I never came there. I have a lead biller who doesn't know how to do most of the other jobs so I can't go to her for anything. The pay is horrible. Over worked & under pay. The atmosphere is very cranky. People are rude. Too many processes to get one thing done. The only good thing I can say is the management has been helpful.
Pros
Thete isnt any pros
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits, over worked
Fun very comfortable setting to work in, great coworkers
Lead/DSP of Rehabilitation facility (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 24, 2016
I love working here.Great atmosphere, comfortable surroundings, great co workers. Great benefits, great communication with staff and supervisors, very easy job to do.
Working to keep the safety happiness of amazing people
Clincial Case Aide/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 9, 2015
My typical begins getting greeted by 32 of some of the most amazingly sweet, unique, and generous population. I work with the geriatric population with people who have co-occurring disorders. This can include behavioral issues, complex mental diagnosis, and many have medical alignments as well. My main reason for working here over 3 years has been my compassion and passion for my residents. I care about their well-being and want to see them thrive and be successful and most of all happy.

I also have 2 other homes I should visit at least once a month or more which each has 6 people.

I want to make sure I support the CM and have realistic goals and expectations for each individual.

My work includes lots of paperwork and taking time out of my schedule to meet with the residents needs when I can as much as I can.

I have some great supportive co-workers, also some very unprofessional people which is unfortunate and the residents are the ones who suffer.

My day varies so much, multi tasking and flexibility are a must!
Pros
get to take residents out in the community to places they want to go to, i use to have flex time
Cons
benefits, compenation, poltics of management
Very unappreciative company
Lead Independent Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MISeptember 3, 2015
I worked for Hope Network for 5 years. The company is all about budget budget budget. They don't appreciate their employees hard work. My direct supervisor was awesome, but had her hands tied by HR in many different ways. The company was not very accomodating schedule wise. Pay was OK compared to other facilities, but raises were pitiful, less than $0.15 an hour annually. Insurance only offered to full time employees and it was expensive. I felt overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. There was also not much room for advancement.
Pros
I grew to love the consumers I took care of
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, not much support from HR, no room for advancement, not accommodating of schedules
only good to get limited experince
Direct care worker (Current Employee) –  michiganSeptember 22, 2015
You will never get a raise and the management is terrible. All managers expect way to much of you for such a low pay. You will be responsible for up to 6 mentally ill or developmentally disabled adults all on your own. Do not expect management to help you with anything. All benefits are poor quality and very expensive. There is no way any adult on their own could support a family, let alone themselves, from this company.
Pros
working for a good cause
Cons
poor healthcare, no beifits, poor management
Answering phone calls for utility company
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 29, 2016
You answer phone calls anywhere from 8:00 am till about 6:00 pm. It was strenuous on your back and spine from sitting so long. The customers were very rude and would make threatening comments. They would tell you that you would get an hour lunch break but you never would. If could almost never go to the bathroom due to having to take calls repeatedly. If you didn't resolve every issue that a customer had within five minutes, then you would get docked. They tell you that you can earn bonuses each week and each month but they are nearly impossible to make. I would not recommend working here at all.
A rewarding experience
Residential Instructor Hope Network (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIApril 26, 2016
I loved my job working with the consumers. I was able to quickly make a rapport with them between helping them with activities of daily living to finding activities they enjoyed doing to break up the monotony of living in a group home. I quickly gained the trust of management and was promoted to the lead instructor, which I held until I had to drop my hours down in order to finish my degree. I think the most challenging part of the job was my co-workers because some of them did not have the same level of expectations as I did and I would find them emerged in a TV program that they wanted to work instead of being engaged with the consumers we were paid to work with. I found this job to be very rewarding and was able to advocate for the population that did not have a voice.
Unbelievably stressful job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 20, 2016
This organization is a mess. You work hard in a stressful environment with ZERO support or recognition. Management is absolutely awful.You are better off somewhere else.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Insufficient healthcare, bad management, high workloads
Potentially fun and always challenging environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 12, 2016
Like any customer oriented care environment there are a lot of challenges and obstacles to overcome. Working one on one with consumers (hope network refers to residents in their assisted living home by this term) has given me the opportunity to adapt care techniques to the individual based off their goals and care plan determined in meetings with their case managers. There are plenty of opportunities to help the consumers on a regular basis, its often a challenge of time allocation and which actions have the biggest impact for positive growth.
Pros
free food, full time availibility
Cons
no breaks, occasionally being required to stay over shift (16 hours max), meager pay
Productive Work Experience to Gain Knowledge and Skills
Independent Living Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2015
Non profit Christian organization with a productive work place where individuals can gain knowledge and skills that promote growth for future careers.
Pros
tution reinbursment, paid hoildays, benefits
Cons
pay wages/ promotions
great place, poor management
Department Secretary/ Records, ILI, Trec (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIDecember 23, 2015
I worked for Hope for 3 and a half years. I did like working there and made some great friends and loved working with the clients. Not all but some supervisors are very unprofessional and no idea on how to do their job. Hope was not to good about paying according to the amount of work expected to be done daily. There was a point where a supervisor made some much changes in a very short amount of time that the demand were unrealistic. There a very high turn over rate with Hope because it can be very unorganized . Most people enjoy their work and other are their for a check. Overall I loved working for hope. I ended my services due to lack of hours, somewhat low pay and the fact there are some supervisor working their that should not be due to being unfair, unethical, unprofessional and just not leadership material at all.
Pros
PTO, paid holidays and befits
Cons
management, pay and lack of organization in some departments
Hostile, untrustworthy co workers and managers
Lead Residential Advocate (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MIJanuary 7, 2016
There's no real opportunity for advancement, working environment became toxic and hostile. The pay is not worth all the hassle and thing s you deal with from the consumers.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
If someone doesn't like you they can make up things about you and management believes it
excellent company to work for
Senior Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MichiganAugust 30, 2015
It can get busy at times, and that makes your day fly by. Staff is helpful and friendly, most of the times you will find somebody ready to help you out, compassionate and professional.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
it could have better benefits
Poor work environment.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 17, 2016
No communication, poor management, and not able to really work with consumers with what they really need.
Started there with high hope as a new case manager in social work. All they cared about are numbers and money. Not how the people you are working with.
Pros
Being able to work with consumers and be an advocate
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, work load is too high, and expected to do too many things at once.
Interactive, fast paced, meaningful work
Advanced Resident Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 8, 2016
Very interactive place of work. Always moving on your feet work. Lots of upward moment opportunities and overtime opportunities if desired. Meaningful work making positive impact on the lives of those served.
awful company to work for
residential instructor (Current Employee) –  macombAugust 11, 2014
Im still employed here but searching for a new job. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management is a joke, they offer no answers to any questions at all. There are only 3 of us at my location and we arent able to provide for our consumers properly but they wont do anything about it. There is no support for anything we do. There is only 1 staff per shift. Not too mention the pay is minimum wage, (even though I have a degree in the field) and then after putting in a year here they give you an 8 cent raise, total slap in the face, especially since we bust our butts here. To add salt to the wound, the other program our manager works with starts off at over a dollar more than us, but we do more and are trained in more areas. Tell me how thats fair?
Cons
everything
work enironment
Janitor, U.S. Army Reserve Contractor (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIMarch 2, 2016
self start by getting equipment out of secure areas, clean floors on most days, clean facility rest rooms and locker rooms. The ARMY team that was stationed there were great to work with, the feeling of being back in a military environment was the best thing for me.
Pros
steady pace to get the job done, meet SR. officials
Cons
drive to location, check in process was harder than it needed to be
Productive and Flexibility
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 7, 2016
When I started working here i love this job . the people was nice and great environment to work on .the staff is great and the clients are too
Great place
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 7, 2016
The environment is nurturing and warm to work within. The supervisors are flexible and understanding of employee's needs and concerns.

2.9