Hope Network

Hope Network Employer Reviews

Hope
Manager of Children's Services (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day for me is never typical, things change on an hourly basis, I am always ready to do something different. I enjoy working with our Clinical and Administrative team and get along with them well. I manage around 80 people with all different personality types and deal with them on a day to day basis. THe best part of my job is the kids that I work with. That is why I do what I do. The hardest part is being able to leave work at work and not take it home.
Wonderful place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Flint, MIDecember 26, 2014
Hope Network is a Christian based company that values their employees.
A Great and Challenging Work Place
Rehabilitation Assistant, Catherine Primeau (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great health benefits. great work place.
Cons: advancement opportunities, pay rate
Review emails on the Consumers and activities preformed that day.
Administer medication to consumers if needed. Daily/Nightly Cleaning duties.Socializing with consumers if awake on the shift. Update progress notes on each consumer.
Non Profit Company
Property Manager (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 11, 2014
My manager at Hope Network is by far the best manager I have ever had in my entire career. The most enjoyable part of working for Hope Network is the co-workers. I love who I work with. Sometimes, though, it feels like the Housing Department goes unnoticed.
It's diverse
Residental Instructor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: eat dinner with consumers
Cons: health care to expensive
Busy night
How to get all the big stuff done while consumers are sleeping.
unsure
?
leaving the consumers
seeing the consumers to see how there day has been.
No room for advancement
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: close location, people were friendly
Cons: very poor pay and minimal hours available
The location was ideal, I did enjoy working there but it was hard to justify staying with such poor pay and no room for advancement. They are supposed to be a training and rehabilitation organization, but virtually no training was offered. They did help alot of people in the rehabilitation aspect though.
Fun,meaningful work
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Lowell, MIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free meals, great co-workers, opportunity for advancement
Cons: lower pay, exhausting work, not a lot of job security
This company offers its employees to empower persons living with mental disabilities. Employees working in group homes have the opportunity to get to know consumers (residents living with mental disabilities) on a more personal level. Responsibilities vary by shift, but as a whole employees prepare breakfast for consumers get them ready for their "Day Program." In the Day Program, consumers will either go to work, go to a skills center, or they will learn life skills at home. The goal is to prepare consumers to be as independent as possible and eventually prepare them to live on their own. Employees will then prepare lunch for consumers and then they will continue with their Day Program. Some of these activities include crafts, fishing, home care, and field trips to local attractions/events. Employees would offer morning and afternoon snacks and prepare an evening meal. Employees also administered medications to consumers throughout the day. Employees also documented daily activities and behaviors (good and bad) of each consumer. The home I worked in was fun-loving and my co-workers all supported each other and offered advice as to best care practices for each consumer. The hardest part of the job was continuing to support consumers on days when they were displaying "negative" behaviors. I will not go into details, but there were times when I wanted to walk out or share my true feelings toward the consumer. I had to remind myself the consumers are just having a bad day or that they are scared and they need me and my co-workers to continue to support them. The job had many good days as well. I found that when I encouraged consumers to become more involved with meal preparation, they displayed fewer or no negative behaviors making the job a lot easier. The job was mentally exhausting, but it was always rewarding to see growth in consumers. If you can afford a smaller paycheck and have a lot of patience, this is a wonderful place to work.
Great work environement and friendly coworkers
Case Manager (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care cost
Case managers provide service planning to consumers in the community. I have learned that not all consumers have the same goals and insight into their diagnosis. One of the most difficult task in case management is the limited amount of community resources that are provided to the consumer. Case management is a likable job beacuse of its clinical aspect of providing service.
Happy
Rehabilitation Assustant (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MINovember 15, 2014
Pros: i love helping others, and like the people i work with. i just like working to help improve the lives of others.
Cons: i would don't like working different hours, sometimes in the same weekend. i don't like cut my wages, and being only part-time.
I work with others with medical and mental illness on daily basis. I come in and read up on the residents and give them hello. I then pass medication, cook dinner, and clean up. I do take them to appointments, in charge of menu and grocery shopping. I work alone and sometimes with a co-worker depending the shift and day. Recently I been working different shifts, more 12 hour shifts, and double shifts exspecially on Fridays and Saturday. I am employed as part-time about 72 hours bi-weekly. I been with the company for 7 yrs, my salary was $9.51 Tapped out at, and in October my company had budget cuts so they cut my wages down.
Fun workplace
Direct care worker (Current Employee), Flint,MichiganOctober 28, 2014
Good place to work will learn a lot of things about mental disorders
Hope Network
Resident Instructor (Former Employee), Macomb, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: the pay was not fulfilling
At hope network i did daily counseling. as well provide any household needs for the patients.
the co-workers did not always get along but always got the necessary work done. i never had any confrontation with any of them.
The management was very helpful in the workplace.
the job was not very demanding, the work was never difficult.
I enjoyed being able to help people in there time of need.
Omo Group Home
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
I had the pleasureof working with four ladies who lived in a group he. Two were developmentally disabled and the other to had mental instability. A typical day included assisting with showering and grooming. Cooking meals, grocery shopping, and transport.
Great organization
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 13, 2014
Great organization. Stay on the hope network side and not the new passages side.
Enjoyed 30 years of service.
Accounting III (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: friendly, caring co-workers
Cons: job position eliminations
I enjoyed working for a company with compassion for those less fortunate.
Group Home
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Linden, MISeptember 20, 2014
Assist the mentally challenged clients with daily living assistance.
Great
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to voice concerns
I love the company it has so many aspects and so many environments to chose from
Good place to work if you enjoy taking care of people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: minimal pay for the requirements
There were several employees who have worked for the company for years. This was largely due to them enjoying what they did, not because they enjoyed Hope Network. The company was run poorly and as a low level employee who watched management positions have a high turn over and people let go after 20 years, it didn't foster job security. I liked the people I cared for and enjoyed going to work and that is why I stayed. I did not stay because I thought it was a good company to work for.
Company closed
Program Instructor/Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Monroe, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: days
Cons: closed and pay
Love to work with people. With fabulous career I worked with people who had a variety of disabilities. Everyday I learned from my environment. The amazing team of workers had to work as a team. Everybody needed to be conscious of their surroundings and mindful of the clients needs and wants. This career was extremely rewarding with the satisfaction that I was helping enhance someone with their life.
Fun workplace helping others
Receptionist (Former Employee), Flint,MISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: short breaks
I am 28 years of age I love receptionist work I'be worked for Health Plus MI, the year 2002 summer job making phone calls, typing,filing, organizing files. The year 2003 worked for Catholic Charities 911 Chippewa St Flint, MI making phone calls, typing, filing, organizing files.
just dont
Community living (Current Employee), Grand Rapids MISeptember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: the whole job was awful.
This is just a bad place to work. There is no organization and they expect you to perform duties of a nurse for $10.00 an hour. There is no structure and your schedule changes constantly. Look elsewhere

1 2 3 4 5