Hope Employee Reviews

Working with Disability Adults and Children
working with disability children and adults (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 2, 2017
I loved working with people and I loved this job I would feed them,Bath them, change them working with them taking them outside playing with them watching TV listening to music with them
I loved this work experience fun and hsppy work setting
Program assistant, Hands (Former Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAFebruary 21, 2017
typical day would be getting things ready for the youth when they arrive from school
most enjoyable part was getting to work with youth
management and employees were very kind and welcoming
i learned to file and use computer software
Pros
career field im intrested in
Cons
only temporary
This was a volunteer position
Founding Member (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 1, 2017
This was my baby, A few friends and I started this homeless outreach. There was no pay we started with our own vehicles and all the time we could spare. Best job ever.
Excellent experience
Beneficiary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
Having the opportunity to help my church and its people by taking part in this charity event was one of the proudest moments I have had in my life.
Pros
Great social experience
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 8, 2016
It was a good experience for my first job, everyone is very friendly there and the autism kids are very wonderful there, if I had a bad day before going into work I would walk out of work having a better day seeing the autism kids/adults having fun
Pros
Worked for three hours
Cons
No breaks
Good experience to work here
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2016
Nice work place, good supervisor and coworker
I have learned how to process claims electronically, verifying member's eligibility, process denied claims, review member's encounters for accuracy and obtain and any missing information. Really appreciate they gave me a chance to work with.
Wonderful Establishment
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSOctober 12, 2016
The Hope Center of Horn Lake is a creative and athletic based community center in Horn Lake, Mississippi. My responsibilities include fundraising, program development, and overall business strategy.
Great company
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85716October 11, 2016
Would love to continue employment here. I have been with Hope for over 6 years and I am disappointed to be laid off from my current position, I still would like to continue employment with Hope.
Productive, well liked place with well working people.
Maintenance, Role model (Former Employee) –  Dixfield, MEOctober 11, 2016
Hope Association was a well rounded place to work. I got to work with disabled clients and helped them when needed. I enjoyed working at hope Association.
Fun place to work with children
Gifted and PreschoolTeacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2016
My job consists of receiving the students and beginning the day with Plan, Do, and Review. Emphasis is place on reading and literacy activities. I have learned how the implementation of evidenced based developmentally appropriate practices are the key to comprehensive and teachable moments. I have the support of the administration to align instruction given by specific data from assessments. Strategies for lessons are introduced with room for needed changes based on the student's needs. My co-workers are very accommodating of me and the children I serve. There are times when we collaborate to ensure that the objectivity regarding a student's progress is established. We are a close knit group and feel free to offer specifics if necessary to promote growth or to establish how best to inform or remediate. The hardest part of my job would be to understand that there are only 24 hours in the day. It is important for me to know and try to find remedial strategies that appeases the different types of learners. All children can learn. The key is to establish the type of learner they are, and to broaden their horizons utilizing those strategies. Be it visual, auditory, tactile or kinesthetic, the teacher must be able to connect with the learning style in order to achieve optimum success for the child. The most enjoyable part of my job is to recognize and see the success come to fruition. I am a firm believer that a teacher is forever learning. The thing is to recognize the differences between trends, and what is truly lasting strategies.
Pros
Pros would include consistent professional development and breaks in the school year for relaxation.
Cons
sometimes there are so many mandated assessments because of funding or state requirements, there is little time to incorporate new innovative methodlogy.
fun place to work
Sr. IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2016
Able to learn many different things to help you advance your knowledge. get in look at the tickets that need to be taken care of, call users fix problems talk about outstanding issues that may need more investigation. management works closely with the team.
Pros
learning capabilities
Cons
not enough work
It's a great place to learn and craft your profession.
Qualified Professional/Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2016
It's a great place to be able to move around in the company. It is close to downtown Raleigh. It's located to easy assess to major intersections. The Day Treatment program services students who can not manage the day to day classroom setting due to extreme behaviors. The agency focus on behavior model to teach youth how to better manage their anger and mental health disability.
Pros
Staff get togethers
Cons
Quick turn arounds and it's hard to take time off.
Very busy enviorment
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Enjoyable place to work Co workers pleasant and a big sense of unity for the most part. Hardest part was finding time to get documentation and notes done in a timely manner.
Great Place to work
Home Manager / Assisted Living Manager (Current Employee) –  Rumford, MESeptember 19, 2016
Hope Association provides an environment to facilitate growth for all of it's participants. A typical day would consist of ensuring that each individual being service is being provided with quality services. The management team is great and the employees have the best interest of each individual served at hand.
Agency
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2016
I work as a supervisor at Lekan Guest House, I really enjoyed it the management was nice,

Working as Direct Support Professional at Hope Services was so nice and fascinating, the Management Care for the Individuals and Staffs, then respond quickly to both staff and Individuals.
The co-worker was nice and l learned a lot and have lot of experience by working any individuals.
No hardest time for me because every jobs have is own Challenges, and my challenges make me again more experience.
Transition is questionable
Program Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 11, 2016
I agree with the mission - I don't agree with the path getting there - It seems the persons served have become less important than financial concerns --
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
It was a great experience I learned a lot about different things and it opened my eyes to society. There was a large variety of cultures and different people coming together to make the community greater.
great experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 25, 2016
great company to work for, and they provide good opportunity for growth and experience. they are constantly growing and developing ways to make the company better daily
fun workplace,educational
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  1200 n country clubJune 1, 2016
I come in and make sure that all paperwork is done from the day before and make sure that my co-worker have what they need to complete the task at hand. Then I check on there time record to make sue that they clock in and out correctly making sure that everybody get paid correctly and on time.Place orders,pay invoices,follow up on task,counsel co-worker and sometime write people up for dis plenary action.The hardest part about the job was upper management keep constantly changing their mind on all projects. The reason I like it there was because most of the co-worker and the members that comes there.
Pros
co-workers, members, pay
Cons
healthcare, upper management
flexiable
Case Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2016
Good workplace to learn about case management, and mental health diagnosis. Great pay, and ability for advancement within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval