Hopedale Medical Complex Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyed working there
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 9, 2015
Supportive management, room for growth. Small company yet growing. Enjoyed working face paced environment. I learned to work in stressful situations and deal with people on a day to day basis.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Needed more hours
great company
nurse (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 11, 2014
loved it! everyone is so nice. the drs are wonderful!!!! one of a kind
Horrible place to work
Direct patient care (Former Employee) –  hospitalOctober 18, 2014
There is very high employee turn-over due to lack management’s appreciation for their employees. Employees are view as commodities rather than assets (easily replaceable). Administration is always looking for way to screw with the culture, whether it is cutting hours, cutting benefits, etc. Don’t believe what you are promised when you sign your offer sheet, they’ll take it away just as quickly as they gave it, or just outright lie and say it was never promised. You will never feel secure in your job with this organization, and job advancement is bleak to say the least, since it is family run, and family gets preferential treatment. Good luck if you chose to work here.
Pros
higher than average starting salaries, but don't expect more than 2% raise ever.
Cons
administration, older than average equipment, low staff, poor moral, difficult physicians, lengthy on-call periods, poor location with few aminities, high employee turnover
Enjoyed being part of the experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILSeptember 30, 2014
I held a few different positions while at HMC. But each position had definite benefits and deficiencies as expected. The position I held as Case Manager would have to be the one I most enjoyed. I enjoyed getting to know each patient when they were admitted and helping them with their discharge needs. I liked the responsibility. I learned alot when the facility started the change to managed care. The hardest part of the job at HMC would have to be, dealing with some of the physicians. The most enjoyable part is being a part of such a special environment. The physicians at HMC treat each one of their patients with such a Holistic approach, it is truly unusual and incredibly special. The physicians are aware of what the patients home life pros/cons are and are willing to help the families deal with these issues. The physicians/management do go out of their way to help the patients and employees, you do feel like you are part of the family while working at HMC.
Pros
medical insurance benefits, vision, dental, for employee and family, 401k, cafeteria discount, monthly meeting to update staff on any changes in policy or procedure. friendly work environment.
Cons
physician response not always recieved
Small hospital that provides superb care to patients across their lifespan.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 23, 2013
The work is fairly fast paced and the learning opportunities are never-ending! If you wish to have skills in a wide variety of nursing areas, this is the place to be.

The nurse co-workers are highly skilled, friendly and helpful. Ancillary staff is hard-working and an integral part of the healthcare team.

The most difficult part of working at HMC is settling into the pace, but the rewards are tremendous. Being a part of a team that provides known, high quality care is a fantastic feeling.
Pros
high-quality care, small-town atmosphere, on-site wellness center & daycare
Cons
short breaks
Small hospital, family operated, team orientated.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 12, 2013
As a surgical tech I would arrive at work, change into surgical scrubs, check the board for surgery's scheduled for the day. Receive my cases I would be assisting in. Prepare for these surgery's by obtaining all required instrumentation, needles,bandages, etc. Place unopened items into room. Put mask on, scrub for case, don gown and gloves open surgical packs, place all instruments and supplies in orderly fashion preparing for the surgery. Waited in room for patient and nurse, doctor to arrive. Assist doc with gown and gloves, hand instruments to doctor as needed, maintain sterile field and correct counts of instruments and needles at all times. Kept accurate count of all fluids in and out of patient. When surgery was done then after patient left the operating room I would begin breaking down the sterile tables,removing all instruments and supplies from room. Cleaning the room and preparing for the next surgery.

I learned various surgical procedures and how best to assist in various environments.

The chain of command is respected and teamwork among-st us all a requirement.

The hardest part of the job long hours at times without the ability to leave to use bathroom or gain nourishment.

I enjoyed the individual aspects of each surgical case, and the ability to help make a difference in a person's life.
Pros
variety of surgical cases.
Cons
sometimes long hours with out ability to use restroom or receive nourishment.
Big company with many things for you to do.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
At the time I worked there I hadn't gone to college so there wasn't much advancement for me at this company.
Pros
big company with lots of advancement
Cons
no where for me to go
Love my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
I love my job and don't really want to leave, but to better myself I feel I may need to leave to find a position I'm qualified for.
Pros
great people and place to work
Cons
not much advancement
Micromanaged Organization
Sap (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 31, 2012
HMC sounds good on paper, however once hired your life becomes a nightmare, unless you are an hourly employee. Anyone who is hired for a director/management position had better record every conversation you have with the COO, it will come in handy at your unemployment hearing. Their HR department is behind times and untrained. Every HRD that is hired is terminated once changes are suggested and implemented. The Administration would rather keep their "yes men" on staff instead of replacing them for employees who know their jobs.
Cons
micromanagement
The Doctors were great to work for.
Home Health Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILJune 3, 2012
I worked in the Home Health Dept. for 1 year and within that year I had 5 supervisors. 3 quit, 1 was let go, and I quit by the time we got the 5th one.
Good place to work if you like a slower environment
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Outpatient LaboratoryMay 14, 2012
This was an unpaid gig for me so I cannot comment on the compensation part. However, for the most part, people are friendly here, but there are some who aren't as friendly. It's a good place for a small town feel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopedale Medical Complex. Our community is ready to answer.