Hopelink Employee Reviews

Very desirable place to help others through volunteer work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2017
Heart warming experience to help those in need. Joy to work with the staff. The people are all very empathetic and unify in the mission to help those less fortunate.
Title Held- Bus Driver Supervisor Dan Walker (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA 98052April 12, 2017
Productive and fun work environment. Management is good, and is supportive of staff. A lot of routes to choose from some good, some just ok. Great people to work with.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
raises are to small
Nice people and great work life balance
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 31, 2017
At Hopelink they value diversity and training. You will succeed in your role and have the training necessary to achieve your goals. The benefits are outstanding. The CEO is making a difference in the lives of many people and stems a very good culture for all internal employees. The HR Director is very smart and approachable. Overall the company makes you feel good while at work and you can make a difference to help making lasting change in the community.
Pros
Training
interesting
Driver dart (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 19, 2016
overall good employer kind of hard driving but overall good co workers one trainer supervisor un organized too much on her plate and the way she teaches is through tough love or drill sargeant style which works for me but other people cant take it any more so a lot of people quit
Pros
very good benefits package
Cons
supervisor with tough love
Great place and people
Call center customer service (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 9, 2016
The people were great to work with and I do miss some of them. I would work there again. It was hard leaving from there. I learned to use the fax machine.
Pros
Good mission
Cons
Far from home
Great Mission, Lack of Management Vision
Sr. Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 9, 2016
If you do not want a balanced or personal life, this place is for you. Compensation does not match the requirements or experience and your voice does not matter. Very few at the top and other voices not heard of. They are not open to change within their organization.
Sr. Operations Road Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, helping people was there main reason for the bus company and food banks. Need to pay their employee's more for the hours they put into there work.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lonf hours
I believe in being very consistent in my management style, Having fun but being very heavy handed when needed.
Vehicle Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 7, 2015
Reliable place to work,
KC Metro maintenance program M 5
How to separate management from employees
Watching employees grow in the work place and in there private life's.
Pros
Working with personal and managment
Cons
Management very inconstant at time
provides important service to the community
scheduler II (Current Employee) –  bellevue, washingtonMarch 29, 2015
Hopelink is a not for profit company providing important services to our community, including medical transportation for medicade recipients, food bank services, and housing for low income families.
I am honored to be employed by an operation filled with people from upper management call center representatives dedicated to helping others
Pros
service to others
Cons
overworked
It's ok
Same Day Scheduler/ Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 6, 2015
I love what we do and why we do it and overall I like my job. The management leaves a bit to be desired and they seem to set you up for failure instead of success. At least that is true in the transportation department.
Hopelink
Customer Service Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 20, 2015
This company provides a great service to the community. Working daily with the supervisors and representatives to assist the clients while maintaining the state required service level. monitoring call volumes and if a representative may need help to achieve the goals. The hardest part of the job was no training or clear direction from upper management. There where no manuals for training on the systems until I created them and placed them on a shared drive for future reference.
Working side-by-side with the supervisors to adjust training and increasing calls per hour along with customer focus
Pros
amazing people in the call center will to help the clients
Cons
lack of direction and communication with upper management
A fufilling and rewarding career
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work included setting up and tearing down operatories, working in a timely manner including patient care and sterilization, I always enjoyed working with coworkers and on all patients, meeting a lot of great prople was the highlight of my day and the most enjoyable part. The hardest part was seeing people lose their teeth.
Pros
Pros complimentary dental care, bonus
great staff and co workers
Transportation Broker CSR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work included fast pace phone calls from clients, facilities and partners. We scheduled rides for medicaid clients, faxed distance and higher mode notes to facilities as well as additional forms. we screened clients for medicaid and medical insurance. I learned how to screen clients for different insurances in medicaid as well as how to communicate fast and efficiant with medical facility staff, partners, clients and co workers in a fast pace call center. My co workers were amazing, we all collaborated and used group synerygy to help one another and bring the call centers stats up. we worked great as a team and had great communication. The hardest part of the job is to make the right call or desicion on things because its not always black and white with some of the call center rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you helped a client, especially under extreme circumstances they are dealing with like medical issues.
Stressful job, but rewarding
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2014
A stressful yet rewarding job, knowing you could help someone.

Being on the phone all day can be very tiring and burnt out, especially times when you feel like you are not appreciated by the other recipient. I just keep a smile, and a positive attitude. You never know the other person's story, so always hope for the best. Sometimes, people will be mean, but kill them with kindness.
strange culture
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond WAAugust 8, 2013
The culture in the transpiration department is very stiff and fairly formal. There is a pretense of openness, in reality it is"my way or the highway." HR department holds a tough grip on all operations. The hierarchy of the company is clearly defined with not much upward mobility. Drivers feel they are treated unfairly by management. Drivers frequently complain about job conditions but do not feel able to feel heard by management. Mutual distrust between management and drivers. Management uses punitive punishments at will (driver suspension.) Firing of drivers is (almost) a weekly occurrence.There is no loyalty toward lower level employees, high loyalty for upper management.
Pros
great medical insurance
Cons
strict company heiarchy
Awesome agency
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 24, 2013
Good agency, but the Employment Specialist position requires a LOT of traveling and the pay isn't commensurate with the amount of work that is required. Additionally, the turnover rate for this position is particularly high and because the job is so particular, it's difficult to transfer those skills over to a different position within Hopelink.
Pros
great team, flexible hours
Cons
low mileage reimbursement, tons of travel
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  bellevue WAApril 8, 2013
A non profit with a great mission of helping people with low income.
Always a good feeling to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  BellevueFebruary 4, 2012
Fun environement with very supporting team members. For a good cause is a good thing.
Pros
your making a difference
Cons
lots of lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopelink. Our community is ready to answer.