Hopelink

Hopelink United States Employee Reviews

provides important service to the community
scheduler II (Current Employee), bellevue, washingtonMarch 29, 2015
Pros: service to others
Cons: overworked
Hopelink is a not for profit company providing important services to our community, including medical transportation for medicade recipients, food bank services, and housing for low income families.
I am honored to be employed by an operation filled with people from upper management call center representatives dedicated to helping others
It's ok
Same Day Scheduler/ Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 6, 2015
I love what we do and why we do it and overall I like my job. The management leaves a bit to be desired and they seem to set you up for failure instead of success. At least that is true in the transportation department.
Hopelink
Customer Service Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: amazing people in the call center will to help the clients
Cons: lack of direction and communication with upper management
This company provides a great service to the community. Working daily with the supervisors and representatives to assist the clients while maintaining the state required service level. monitoring call volumes and if a representative may need help to achieve the goals. The hardest part of the job was no training or clear direction from upper management. There where no manuals for training on the systems until I created them and placed them on a shared drive for future reference.
Working side-by-side with the supervisors to adjust training and increasing calls per hour along with customer focus
A fufilling and rewarding career
Volunteer (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: pros complimentary dental care, bonus
A typical day at work included setting up and tearing down operatories, working in a timely manner including patient care and sterilization, I always enjoyed working with coworkers and on all patients, meeting a lot of great prople was the highlight of my day and the most enjoyable part. The hardest part was seeing people lose their teeth.
great staff and co workers
Transportation Broker CSR (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work included fast pace phone calls from clients, facilities and partners. We scheduled rides for medicaid clients, faxed distance and higher mode notes to facilities as well as additional forms. we screened clients for medicaid and medical insurance. I learned how to screen clients for different insurances in medicaid as well as how to communicate fast and efficiant with medical facility staff, partners, clients and co workers in a fast pace call center. My co workers were amazing, we all collaborated and used group synerygy to help one another and bring the call centers stats up. we worked great as a team and had great communication. The hardest part of the job is to make the right call or desicion on things because its not always black and white with some of the call center rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you helped a client, especially under extreme circumstances they are dealing with like medical issues.
Stressful job, but rewarding
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2014
A stressful yet rewarding job, knowing you could help someone.

Being on the phone all day can be very tiring and burnt out, especially times when you feel like you are not appreciated by the other recipient. I just keep a smile, and a positive attitude. You never know the other person's story, so always hope for the best. Sometimes, people will be mean, but kill them with kindness.
strange culture
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Redmond WAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great medical insurance
Cons: strict company heiarchy
The culture in the transpiration department is very stiff and fairly formal. There is a pretense of openness, in reality it is"my way or the highway." HR department holds a tough grip on all operations. The hierarchy of the company is clearly defined with not much upward mobility. Drivers feel they are treated unfairly by management. Drivers frequently complain about job conditions but do not feel able to feel heard by management. Mutual distrust between management and drivers. Management uses punitive punishments at will (driver suspension.) Firing of drivers is (almost) a weekly occurrence.There is no loyalty toward lower level employees, high loyalty for upper management.
Awesome agency
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great team, flexible hours
Cons: low mileage reimbursement, tons of travel
Good agency, but the Employment Specialist position requires a LOT of traveling and the pay isn't commensurate with the amount of work that is required. Additionally, the turnover rate for this position is particularly high and because the job is so particular, it's difficult to transfer those skills over to a different position within Hopelink.
Face to Face contact with people with the opportunity to help them in any way I was willing to reach out.
Senior Services Outreach Case Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 15, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of helping people in need.
Cons: no cons what-so-ever
Daily routine consisted of evaluating clients for rental and/or any assistance through grant-based and government based programs. Counseled clients on their living situations and/or any life altering issues that may be present. Visitation at assisted living or senior community each reach was a part of my weekly duty and community outreach was regularly fit into my schedule for the benefit of any individuals seeking help.
HR Specialist (Current Employee), bellevue WAApril 8, 2013
A non profit with a great mission of helping people with low income.
Could be a fantastic job if management did not constantly interfere and micro manage everything.
Intake/Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: most clients were there for the right reasons, but there were some that were just trying to milk the system.
Cons: vacation time accrued was cut in half, breaks and lunches were constantly to make sure we didn't cheat the system, which we didn't but management felt most employees needed this.
A place geared to helping individuals with rent and electricity payments. As Eligibility Specialist was required to conduct eligibility requirements for at least 50 individuals per day. Learned that management had unrealistic goals for this position as the person who held this position prior was only required to make 30 calls per day. Individuals would be scheduled with Case Workers and were told what documents were required for their meeting. Often times, they would not bring required paperwork stating they were never told - this was incorrect so I was blamed for this which resulted in repeat visits. The co-workers felt they were doing a worthwhile job but were never appreciated for their time and effort. Management was not understanding what actually was required of job as the new manager had never done this job so she relied totally on paperwork review. I loved my job as I was passionate about helping people but found that we were not allowed to give all only the minimum required.
Always a good feeling to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee), BellevueFebruary 4, 2012
Pros: your making a difference
Cons: lots of lifting
Fun environement with very supporting team members. For a good cause is a good thing.