Hopkins Manufacturing, a leading consumer products manufacturer and marketer, is seeking a Category Management Analyst to support the Sales and Marketing teams by compiling product category and consumer data to develop strategies to increase share and volume for a diverse line of consumer products. This individual will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develops and analyzes retail POS data, including efficient data warehousing
- Preparation of customer POS reporting for customer business reviews
- Maintains a database of customer promotions and analyzes promotions to determine the impact of price changes on demand and profitability
- Conducts ad hoc analyses of POS data and develops actionable insights and hypotheses.
- Uses available POS and other market data to develop demand models that provide estimates of potential for specific customers and categories.
- Uses these models to create and maintain fair share estimates and identify growth opportunities at the store level.
- Utilizes POS sales and other customer and market related data to identify and report incremental sales opportunities. This can include under-performing SKUs, segments, and sub-categories.
- Develops and uses information about store conditions to identify the impact of merchandising on sales.
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, economics, management or operations science. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of two to four years of professional category management as a Category Management Analyst working for a regional or national manufacturer of business-to-consumer products.
- Fluent in space management analysis and planogram optimization, including mastery of ProSpace software.
- Deep knowledge of efficient data warehousing, flash reporting, and in-depth statistical analysis and reporting techniques to illuminate problems and opportunities.
Hopkins Manufacturing Corp. provides career growth opportunities in a supportive work environment. A complete fringe benefits package includes health, dental, life and disability insurances, 401(k), quarterly bonus plan and many other special programs.