Hopkinsville Community College Employee Reviews

A great starting position
Office Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 26, 2017
Working at HCC each day of work consisted of a different task. Some days I would be processing classwork, training student workers, answering phones, printing certificates.
School not a job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 22, 2017
I was employed through the school as a student worker and it was awesome. I was hoping to make it full time however, that wasn't possible. I enjoyed being there at all times so one part of the day is hard to choose. Workplace culture was very neat organized and friendly.
Pros
Took much to use on other jobs
Fun place to work
Financial Aid Work Study (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 18, 2017
Great environment and you get to meet a diverse group of people. The staff are great to work with, and you learn a lot about financial aid and loans.
Great school for nursing
STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 13, 2016
Extremely valuable experiences, experienced and compassionate professors, and our class was extremely prepared for boards. The professors want your success and help you work hard for that success.
Higher Education is in trouble
Sr. Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 19, 2016
Hopkinsville Community College use to be a great place to work. It was more like a family than a job. But with all the budget cuts and changes in the past few years, it is becoming more and more like a job.

The recent budget cuts were so unfair to the little people. Administration did not cut their own salaries or benefits only those of the hourly staff and faculty without tenure.

It is a shame that they couldn't just do an across the board 2% cut for everyone so that the college as a whole bear the burden of the budget woes. No, they hand picked who was going to a 11 month contract and who was going to a four day work week. No choices it was a dictation.

I want to work for someone who appreciates my contributions and shows me with words of encouragement, pay, and benefits. I also like to work for someone that treats their employees with respect.
Pros
Work with some great people
Cons
Budget controlled by system office and state of Kentucky
Very accommodating, worked around my school schedule
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 10, 2015
I worked with Hopkinsville Community College through the Ready-To-Work program. I worked at Boys and Girls Club as a volunteer but the college paid me. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. They were always willing to help with any problems.
Receptionist
STUDENT RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 27, 2015
Wonderful workplace under an amazing supervisor. This department is very supportive of learning experience as well as the importance of your education.
Work Study
Work-Study/Criminal Justice Dept. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 15, 2015
Great job for a student attending college, schedule is totally worked around your school schedule. The most rewarding part is being able to encourage others to complete their college goals and help them succeed in any way.
Loved Working in the Marketing Department!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 25, 2015
I had the most supportive management team ever! Great hours, met lots of great people. It was a perfect fit for a student.
Student Life
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 28, 2015
Going to this school was great. The teacher where very helpful and the small class sizes where perfect for me. My class terms where perfect for me.
A very Laid back environment.
custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville KentuckyAugust 12, 2014
Maintaining a building with class rooms, restrooms, break rooms, and making sure that everything is done on my list is a typical day. I leaned when i work by myself i can accomplish a demanding day of anything that can go wrong and anytime i needed help or get behind on the job management is was always there to help. My co-workers were always a radio call away willing to help as well. Taken out trash can be a challenge sometimes but when things are done and I look over my work for the day and my boss says i'm good, that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
very proffesional, organized fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 22, 2014
Being an office assistant was a good experience for me. I learned how to promote and create web design. worked with loving and caring people. This job kept me organized and professional.
Pros
Working with the public, promoting
Cons
Not permanent
Excellent Faculty and environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 8, 2014
Not only was I a student at this school and office intern, but I had the enormous pleasure of making friends with everyone I encountered. I would recommend HCC to any student or personnel looking for employment.
During the course of my Internship at Hopkinsville Comm College
Internship, Career and Transfer Center (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 10, 2014
I answered the phone and took messages, made appointments, calls, help organize the office, data entry, filed, made copies, critiqued presentations, greeted and assisted clients, etc...
Pros
I liked the work.
Cons
There were not any cons.
HCC is a fast paced, high quality learning environment.
Student (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell KentuckyDecember 11, 2013
I quite enjoy college. I hesitated when I chose 8 week classes over 16 week classes but after a full year I remain glad that I did. Currently I am still working on core classes and I hold a 4.0 GPA.
The college was really a good place to work getting to meet all types of students.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 27, 2013
A typical day at work is talking to everyone, and maybe tell someone something to help them along in their day.
That everyday is not the same.
I had realy good co-workers if I needed some help they were always there.
Really to me there were not any hard days.
Was being able to talk to all the different people.
Pros
Got to take classes for free
Cons
Working outside in winters.
Great school with amazing professors!
ASSOCIATE IN ARTS/SCIENCE (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville KYOctober 15, 2013
While having many ups and downs during my enrollment at the campus, my professors were all very interested in my advancement. They challenged me as a perused my degree and have done nothing but support me and in efforts.
Wonderful place to learn, observe, and help those who want help.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 25, 2013
An absolutely exciting and learning experience.
I learn new things every day. I help students enroll at HCC, fill out their FAFSA, loans, schedules, applications, help them retrieve their transcripts, and many more things. I tend to go above and beyond and initiate this to the other employees. I am treated as seniority,
put into management situations, looked up to, trusted, and well liked. I am a people person and get along with all ages, sizes, colors, and attitudes. Another part of the job is sorting the incoming mail and faxes. My boss is a wonderful woman who is very likable and doesn't hold herself above others. I enjoy this job because I love to help people and make their day a little brighter I do this and reap the rewards when eager prospective students become students!
Pros
Get fed alot when parties or luncheons are held there.
Cons
As a student worker I do not have access to healthcare.
Great working experience
Transfer Center Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 12, 2013
I have always had a passion for organization and office work. Being able to answer phone calls, fax papers, make copies, and other office duties brings a splash of excitement to me.
Great working environment
Youth Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 18, 2013
Hopkinsville Community College staff and faculty worked well together.