A day in review of a Passenger Service Agent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) – Portland OR – January 21, 2015
1. Prepare your flight. Including checking in, helping passengers that may need special services, i.e. escorting, pushing wheelchair for boarding, clearing the plane for take off, paperwork and reports. Balancing a cash report of your day.
2. You never know anyones story. Always remain neutral. Most importantly treat people the way you want to be treated.
3. Understood that Management is the director. Not dictator, but a director. Most of the instructions/ directions are really a total team effort.
4. Enjoyed the team mentality. We knew the only way to do all that was required, was with one other.
5. Explaining that the flight was not going to happen. Due to reasons beyond our control, (weather) or passenger being intoxicated. Telling family members fight oversold only 3 of the 4 in the party would be going. Tuff during spring break and kids start to get emotional.
6. Being able to help complete that vacation that a child has been so excited to go on. When on the return, they (child) walk through the boarding areaand with wonderment and excitement they run to you.
no control over demands of operations. plane due to arrive over 4 hours late because of weather.