Horizon Air

Horizon Air Employer Reviews

A day in review of a Passenger Service Agent.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Portland ORJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free air travel
Cons: no control over demands of operations. plane due to arrive over 4 hours late because of weather.
1. Prepare your flight. Including checking in, helping passengers that may need special services, i.e. escorting, pushing wheelchair for boarding, clearing the plane for take off, paperwork and reports. Balancing a cash report of your day.

2. You never know anyones story. Always remain neutral. Most importantly treat people the way you want to be treated.

3. Understood that Management is the director. Not dictator, but a director. Most of the instructions/ directions are really a total team effort.

4. Enjoyed the team mentality. We knew the only way to do all that was required, was with one other.

5. Explaining that the flight was not going to happen. Due to reasons beyond our control, (weather) or passenger being intoxicated. Telling family members fight oversold only 3 of the 4 in the party would be going. Tuff during spring break and kids start to get emotional.

6. Being able to help complete that vacation that a child has been so excited to go on. When on the return, they (child) walk through the boarding areaand with wonderment and excitement they run to you.
Horizon is horrible
Ground Service Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: hard work
Cons: bad pay, horrible management
Horizon is a great company in regards to the work you do. It's very great labor however the management in the Sacramento area is HORRIBLE. You make one mistake and they fire you! Also the pay is horrible and they never listen to the workers. don't apply here, they are terrible
I never expected to fall in love with aviation!
Passenger Service Agent/Ground Service Agent (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: being outside, family work environment, good benefits, free flight benefits, change, being around aircraft
Cons: early mornings, unpredictable bids, changing schedules, unruly passengers
This was my favorite job. I never should have left! But my days would start as early as 0345 or as late as 2100. Starting at the bottom of the seniority list you don't get much choice considering your schedule. But the coworkers are a blast and always smiling! That's what made this job awesome! I don't have too many negative things to say about Horizon.
Great place to work all mechanics are very helpful with new recruits
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 4, 2014
Pros: portand, oregon based an a+
Cons: sleepydust
At Horizon Air I worked the graveyard shift which for mechanics can be taxing but I like to have more time in driving to work. Aircraft are scheduled for maintenance and assignments given out by the lead mechanics for various duties. I could be changing a tire, inspecting cabin lighting to replacing engine system componates. I learned that a lot of my work on an aircraft was repitition but learning to do it as fast as possible without mistakes.
We worked on mainly on one of the main stays of the airline a Dehaviland Dash8. A very nice Jet prop aircraft.
Management could be testy and seems that pushing a broom was more important but the need to stay busy is great. Co-workers were great from all walks of life and areas. All were willing to help with any questions or problems. Hardest part of the job......staying awake driving home. The most enjoyable had to be flying priviledges. If I had to train again go military and get jet aircraft experience.
I did enjoy the time I had with my last Employer, It was a good learning experience.
Encoder (Former Employee), SeaTac, WANovember 13, 2014
Pros: independence, medical, dental and flight benifits
Cons: only 2 who knew our positions, i covered my co workers vacation but i did not mind the extra hours at work.
My last position with Horizon Air was called an Encoder. There was 2 of us doing this position. We research why baggage did not arrive with the passengers. We did help guide our Superiors on where to focus baggage handling. Did save the company Millions. It was a desk job. We did not have to speak to Customers and our Superiors did not contact us much during the day. We were Independent on our task, We sent our daily reports. Monthly I did extra graphs and Charts with the breakdown of the Month. Gave Percentages and areas of focus,
Horrible management and supervisors, to much office politics to be worth your while.
gsa (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2014
Great people on ramp to work with. Management is horrible, watch out.
Regional Airline
Stable company
Part of Alaska Airgroup
fun place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), East Boston, MAMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: when is cold or too hot
The best job one can have. Union dispatchers are the friendliest people you can have. The co-workers are extremely friendly and outgoing.
Fast pace growing transportation company. Learned a great deal both in accounting and the industry.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), East Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: location was a plus, my co workers were exceptional and i still remain in touch with many of them today.
Cons: down sizing added to many task on remaining employees, difficult for all to complete tasks with the accuracy and detail required, extra time and work was not compensated.
My main tasks were with accounts receivable, posting cash, running aging reports and collections. With some downsizing over the years I became responsible with the initiation and maintenance of paperless billing. I learned to work on various web sites that some customers required as well as customized spread sheets for others. I was also involved with a larger focus on customer service issues reconciling accounts as well as providing paperwork for their billing when requested.
Awesome!!!
Ground Services Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 1, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
There is nothing not to like about this company. They are awesome.
Good if you want to see the world.
Ramper (Former Employee), SeaTac, WANovember 22, 2013
Pros: free flights
Cons: not moving up to anything better.
It was a fun and interesting job but i did not fell like there was any room to advance.
Somewhat tense workplace due to constant deadlines. Made some great friends and good co-workers to mange company affairs as far as maintenance of airc
Heavy Check (C-Check) mechanic (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 16, 2013
The review I wrote for last position actually applies to this position mostly
Positive people and fun place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Portland, Seattle, Medford, Boise, and SpokaneAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free flights
Cons: super long hours.
Good company for a young person with no home responsibilities.
Busy Busy Busy
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 12, 2013
Great job if you enjoy the travel and benefits. Definitely not for everyone
Was a great learning experience that helped me become a better person.
Customer Service/Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Hailey, IDAugust 8, 2013
I would have to say that Horizon Air is a great company and airline. Growing up in the industry in a way, I would have to say that they really do look out for their employees and respect each persons concerns or interests.
busy place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: great healthcare
meet a lot of new people, get to see a lot of new places. Always on the move
the had break area an lockers
general help (Former Employee), East Boston, MAMay 14, 2013
Pros: mangerment an co worker together
Cons: so people slacking off an getting away with it
breaking down airline pallets loading an unloading trucks shipping an receiving, how to work fast but safe an respect for fellow workers mangerment was there always to help out there fellow employees co workers worker together to get job done the hardest part of job was working safe an getting job done right mangerment thanking there employees with a thank you
Great for an airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 2, 2013
I almost miss working there. I do not miss the 12 plus hours days, or the being on reserve for 5 years when was told only 8 or 9 months... not good if you are a parent in my option.
Ground Service Agent
Ground Service Agent (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: free flight benefit
Cons: wether condition
-A typical day at work our operation goes well as far as safety, on time performance.
-Learn to adjust to any type of pressure
-Overall co-workers are reliable
-Hardest part of the job bad whether condition
-Helping each other
great job for the right person
Flight attendant for regional airline (Current Employee), SeattleFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: free travel, great healthcare, union
Cons: pays a poverty level wage
long hours, little pay, excellent benefits, fun work environment, great people, always changing, never boring, great travel opportunities, good second income or starter career