Horizon Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful organization - great to employees
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Human Resources Department Michigan City, INApril 22, 2015
My days were very busy assisting the HR Officer with all manner of HR matters.
I learned a variety of things here as well as some HR practices.
I found the management to be very open and friendly. Felt I could go to my supervisor with any issue.
My co-workers were hard working and diligent. Qualities I admire and try to adhere to myself.
Not always knowing the answers to questions asked of me. Due to my short time there I had not gained complete knowledge of all functions.
I had a wonderful supervisor who gave me excellent instructions and was appreciative of the work I did.
Pros
Cons
Was not able to be kept as a permanent employee
Typical Community Bank
BSA/Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work, great balance between work and homelife. Management is focused and driven. I don't dread going to work on Mondays! Its an enjoyable environment
Pros
great co-workers, family feel.
Not an Equal Opportunity Employer
prospective employee (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 21, 2015
this business is not an equal opportunity employer. They don't even look at your resume. There are people working there who have absolutely no customer service skills, and yet they won't hire someone with 10 years experience in banking. it doesn't matter how skilled you are, it just matters how pretty you look. This is definitely not a place to work.
Cons
everything
Exceptional Service
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 2, 2014
Horizon Bank was a great place to work. They allowed huge growth potential for starting and existing employees and work with you if you need training or personal assistance. Most of the departments are cross trained to handle tasks unless specialized and will help others with quick response times. I have noticed however that depending in which department you work for, it is very much a favoritism game. If management does not respond well to you or sense any lack of work or emotion they may try to drag you further down. For the most part, most management however seems pretty fair. They are very lenient on policies such as Sick Time or Vacation but do also place certain restrictions to become to lenient. All in All, Horizon is a good place to work for in most cases.
Pros
hour lunch, lenient off-time if needed, company events, training is offered
Cons
favoritism in some departments, certain policies are broken daily, sudden termination of employment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. It was a great atmosphere and everyone was easy to get along with.
The people at Horizon are incredable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whiting, INJanuary 20, 2014
Horizon is a community bank serving Northern and Central Indiana and Southwest Michigan.There focus is to anticipate and fulfill customer needs with exceptional service and sensible advice.

The one thing that this company lacks is a good training program.
Pros
friendly
Cons
lack of training programs
Advancement to office manager within a year of employment
Deposit Operations Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City INSeptember 15, 2013
Learned all of the daily functions of the bank deposit operation department. I balanced the internal accounts and did daily maintenance of certificates of deposits and Individual Retirement accounts. Also did checking and savings overdrafts.

I also balanced 22 ATM machines daily.
Pros
advancement within the bank
Cons
having to wear business attire every day
Customer Service
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 10, 2013
My passion has always been working with people. I have worked with people of all ages and from every walk of life and have enjoyed every moment of it. Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis throughout my career has been my main focus.
Although I have been in management for many years, I would like to stay in the area of customer service now.
I am a hard, dependable and loyal worker and I am looking forward to using my customer service skills in a position other than banking.
Pros
pleasing customers and knowing they left happy and satisfied.