Horizon Bank Employee Reviews

Mixed
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Schoolcraft, MIFebruary 12, 2018
I loved my coworkers but the pay for what I did was ridiculous. Customer a were the reason I stayed so long. But the management is less than adequate at there job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great Temporary job in college
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 9, 2018
Pleasant summer job. Hours were great, flexible for vacations, very relaxed. Friendly environment and great company to work for. Would absolutely recommend.
Coworkers were wonderful to work with
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 18, 2017
I was only with Horizon Bank for less than a month before my job, Operations Clerk, ended, as they acquired Wolverine Bank. Therefore, I'm not able to give a review. During that short time, my job stayed the same, as did my Supervisor; therefore, I did not have the opportunity to actually work under Horizon Bank's management or work with their programs.

I gave the above 5 stars because of the employees who were continuing with Horizon Bank.
Productive And very busy
Bank Officer teller (Current Employee) –  Horizon Bank Holland TexasNovember 13, 2017
Good place to work just need a change . I absolutely love my customers. The products we offer are good and the customers seem to enjoy coming in to visit
Pros
Location and hours
I do not recommend employment at Horizon Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 14, 2017
I do not recommend employment at Horizon Bank. Employee expectations are unrealistic. Operating procedures are difficult to follow. Training is inadequate.
Teller Position is easy but boring
Teller and CSR (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 26, 2017
I had this job as a part time during college, and full time during the summer. it was super easy and sometimes fun other times not. it was super boring most of the time and you're indoors a lot. 7am to 5pm. good for a part time or temporary job definitely. I was getting paid 9 but got it raised to 11 when i was going to leave for another job! worked there for 2 years.
Pros
manager was freakin awesome. 1 hr lunch break
Cons
there all day, boring job, sitting/standing a lot, dirty money
Close to home. Very hard-working people with very strict credit standards.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360September 17, 2017
The CEO is a great leader! He has a vision for what he wants Horizon Bank to become, and is committed to get there. To accomplish these goals, most employees are very devoted, and work many long days. As a result, the Bank continues to grow.
Pros
Liked the work I did.
Cons
Stressful to complete all the work in an average 8-hour day.
Preceded PNC Bank, NA
Teller (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 11, 2017
It was a great working atmosphere. It started the building blocks of my banking career. I am grateful for my time spent as a teller at Horizon Princeton Bank.
Great Place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Horizon. They have fun employee engagement activities once a month. Benefits are great. I would recommend to anyone looking for work.
Productive and fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Westville, INJune 20, 2017
Everyone that works at the bank is so nice and helpful. They are all easy to get along with. It makes the job much more enjoyable. The management is always willing to work with you if something comes up and you need to leave early or come in late.
No comment
Systems/Business Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 20, 2017
Has been too long ago to review. While I was there it was a very stressful and unorganized environment. The location was ideal, but the pay was not. I would not recommend this place for employment.
Very enjoyable experience
Human Resources Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2017
I had the best experience at Horizon Bank. They have fun employee engagement activities and employees work hard every day. Benefits are great. Perfect office location in the middle of Downtown Austin.
Pros
Downtown office, fun environment, co workers are friendly, work/life balance.
Traditional Lending Institution
MLO/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 26, 2017
Horizon Bank was a great institution who really cared about their employees. My sales pipeline was limited to more conservative prime lending. Unfortunately they were bought out by a larger financial institution who no longer exist. This is why I am unable to recommend them.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Were Bought Out & No Longer Exist
Great place to learn banking experience
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 7, 2017
Meeting and greeting customers, helping them with different transactions. Loved it. Management was great treated everybody the same. The work place everybody got alone. If there was a problem it was handled by a manager.
Pros
Doing a greak job, you got free lunch dates with manager
Cons
Health care was over budget
Very good work environment with great coworkers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fyffe, ALMarch 10, 2017
The daily work schedule made it easy to balance life and work and the people within the organization were very thoughful and pleasant. The bank offers good benefits, but the pay is less than ideal.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 20, 2017
Horizon Bank is an okay place to work. They have decent benefits but not great. The dental and vision insurance is with providers that most dentists and optometrist do not work with. The pay rate for the positions is okay too but still lower than competitors.
Productive and Rewarding place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 31, 2017
Literally the best place to work. Professional and great relationship environment between co workers. Every employee is really appreciated in this company.
Pros
Awesome Appreciation dinner at the beginning of the year.
Plenty of opportunites
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 30, 2016
I worked in the IT department of Horizon Bank. It was a decent atmosphere and I traveled around to multiple locations providing technical support for its employees.
Good Place to work
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 30, 2016
This bank is a great place to work and offers great life/ work balance. Co-workers are very pleasant and management is caring.
Pros
Good benefits, caring co-workers
Cons
Training can lack
Good Company and culture, not great benefits
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 3, 2016
It is a great company, with many good people that treat you with respect. However, the benefits and salary leave something to be desired, and the frequent turnover reflects that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Bank. Our community is ready to answer.