Horizon Bank

Horizon Bank Employer Reviews

Not an Equal Opportunity Employer
prospective employee (Former Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: everything
this business is not an equal opportunity employer. They don't even look at your resume. There are people working there who have absolutely no customer service skills, and yet they won't hire someone with 10 years experience in banking. it doesn't matter how skilled you are, it just matters how pretty you look. This is definitely not a place to work.
Exceptional Service
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Michigan City, INDecember 2, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, lenient off-time if needed, company events, training is offered
Cons: favoritism in some departments, certain policies are broken daily, sudden termination of employment
Horizon Bank was a great place to work. They allowed huge growth potential for starting and existing employees and work with you if you need training or personal assistance. Most of the departments are cross trained to handle tasks unless specialized and will help others with quick response times. I have noticed however that depending in which department you work for, it is very much a favoritism game. If management does not respond well to you or sense any lack of work or emotion they may try to drag you further down. For the most part, most management however seems pretty fair. They are very lenient on policies such as Sick Time or Vacation but do also place certain restrictions to become to lenient. All in All, Horizon is a good place to work for in most cases.
Teller (Former Employee), Elkhart, INSeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. It was a great atmosphere and everyone was easy to get along with.
This bank is no longer in business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morristown, NJApril 24, 2014
You learn how to handle your money which is important in any job or business that you may one day own.
The people at Horizon are incredable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whiting, INJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: lack of training programs
Horizon is a community bank serving Northern and Central Indiana and Southwest Michigan.There focus is to anticipate and fulfill customer needs with exceptional service and sensible advice.

The one thing that this company lacks is a good training program.
Great financial institution
Teller (Former Employee), Holland, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Great benefits, small enough company to get to know professionals at all levels.
Fun place to work. Awesome Co-Workers!
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Salado, TXDecember 5, 2013
Miss the friendly atmosphere and awesome co-workers! Only bad side is too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Advancement to office manager within a year of employment
Deposit Operations Department Manager (Former Employee), Michigan City INSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: advancement within the bank
Cons: having to wear business attire every day
Learned all of the daily functions of the bank deposit operation department. I balanced the internal accounts and did daily maintenance of certificates of deposits and Individual Retirement accounts. Also did checking and savings overdrafts.

I also balanced 22 ATM machines daily.
Family Ran
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 3, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Cons: low raises
I learned a lot about bank products. How to refer products, open and close accounts.
Customer Service
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Hammond, INApril 10, 2013
Pros: pleasing customers and knowing they left happy and satisfied.
My passion has always been working with people. I have worked with people of all ages and from every walk of life and have enjoyed every moment of it. Providing excellent customer service on a daily basis throughout my career has been my main focus.
Although I have been in management for many years, I would like to stay in the area of customer service now.
I am a hard, dependable and loyal worker and I am looking forward to using my customer service skills in a position other than banking.

About Horizon Bank

Horizon Bank is headquartered in downtown Austin, with branches North Austin, Holland and Salado, Texas. With a charter dating – Read more