Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 14, 2017
The small things in a company to keep employees happy and productive are extremely important this company does not do that at all. Communication with employees on daily duties should be a priority it's not .
Workplace
Member Services Rep/ Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 8, 2017
Pleasant and a great place to work. Supervisor know their position and love what they do. Training could be more organized though. Short breaks and no employee events.
Company that provides opportunity to work from home,
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2017
The company does not provide a clear description of what the job is like and what the expections are. During the interview process, no one has mentioned about having excellent marketing skills to reach "productivity." Needless to say, nurses become sales representatives for the company who doesn't offer much to members.
Pros
Benefit of not having to work holidays and weekends
Cons
work is never done, high productivity (quota) that is impossible to achieve
Career opportunities are not available
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 3, 2017
Overall I have learned a lot working at this organization. Unfortunately, I do not believe the company values the wealth of knowledge the employees have. Career advancement is not available due to restrictions related to pay/grade structure. A degree and experience will not help you excel if you do not have a preferred job function. The company was not always like this but the transition over the course of years has caused many employees to be satisfied. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Job pay structure restricts advancement.
Excellent Company to work for
Senior Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 1, 2017
Working for HBCBSNJ has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I started working here very early in my career and have witnessed my personal and professional growth. A typical day would consist of helping members obtain the proper medical care which was the most rewarding. Management is always present and helpful with any issues that may have arisen. The toughest part of the job would have to be when there are things that I personally can't assist with and that have to be sent to a RN or Medical Director. I really enjoy seeing myself as a the first and last stop in my goal of provider world class customer service.
Pros
Countless Employees Benefits
I love this place
Claim Processor II (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 29, 2017
One thing I miss is working for BCBS of NJ. it was the best place to work. I made life long friends learned a lot and always advancing in my career. Sad I had to leave due to moving to TX they do not transfer employees. I would in a heart beat work for them
Pros
Wonderful work place
Cons
dont let employees transfer
Wanting to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2017
This position was lacking in opportunities to advance. I would like a position that has more room to advance. I would like the opportunity to move up in the company.
A Great Place to Work
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 26, 2017
I have worked at Horizon for over 15 years and it is a good company to work for and build a career. I currently work as a Team Coordinator, also referred to as an Assistant Supervisor to the Team Leader. A typical work day is managing over 15 employees focusing on their inventory, maintaining their ASA on the phones and also handling escalated issues from Horizon's internal and external consumers. The company is very diverse, encourages cultural differences and is very equal opportunity based. The hardest part of the job is getting all tasks completed by designated deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and relationships developed.
Pros
Bonuses, lunchtimes and location
Cons
paying for parking at other company locations and paying for health insurance
Great
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 25, 2017
I was working on the open enrollment accounts temporarily and this job helped me discover my passion and what I wanted to do with my life. This job gave me the push to enroll in school to secure my degree in HSM.
high volume call center
Claims Adjuster / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 24, 2017
very high call volume and mandatory over time. the staff is back stabbing and very unprofessional at times. holidays off and state closures meaning no work
A nice place to work
Benefits Analyst III/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 24, 2017
Horizon has nice environment to work in. There's a nice balance of work/life, and as a whole, management invests in and cares for its employees. I'd recommend Horizon as a place to work overall.
Fraud Investigator II (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 21, 2017
This is a great place to work, great people to work with. There are plenty of growth opportunities within this company. They encourage furthering your education and have great tuition reimbursement.
Pros
They have a gym, pharmacy, and nice cafeteria.
Cons
I can't really think of any.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 20, 2017
Company is great to work for , i was grateful for the temporary opportunity to be work or them. This is one employer i would return too if allowed the chance.
Very good and informative place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
My employment at Horizon was a learning experience, I was able to enhance my skills learn more about the healthcare industry. I was fortunate enough to work within different departments throughout the company and I enjoyed each one. The Administrative staff was always available to help when needed.
Pros
Learning new aspects of the job, the ability to grow from within.
Cons
The inability to sometimes sit and have lunch in the cafeteria.
Horizon
Call Center Service Associate Wall NJ (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 10, 2017
the company is a great company just looking for move area to move up. I work in the healthcare however with the changes in the healthcare area im looking for something a little more stable. Horizon is great but the changes with the health care makes it shaky
none at this time
Client Service Call Center Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 9, 2017
great place to work, if you want a great career Horizon would be that place, it like a home away from .welcome every one

...............................................
Pros
family place
Cons
telecommuting (working from home was great)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 29, 2017
Worked for Horizon for over 10 years- 8 of which I worked from home Company provded straight-forward expectations and allowed me to work with little supervision.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
could not work part time
stressfull environment
Call Center Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJune 23, 2017
would be a great place to work but conditions are very stressful
goals are set very high and though are mostly achievable if you fall below you are given a warning and then you are continually stressed about performance.
Pros
nice people
Cons
stress
productive and fun place to work
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 9, 2017
A typical day working for Horizon Blue Cross and Blue shield very high call volume all day receiving incoming calls from medical providers inquiring about medical claims. While, working I learned the importance of professionalism and high customer service always makes the custumer happy. The culture of the call center was busy and co-workers were always willing to assist each other when it came to challegings. The hards part of was job was listening to providers complain about their medical claims not getting paid. on the other hand, the most rewarding was getting positive feed back from management in regards to work ethics.
Great Company for family based individuals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 8, 2017
You can work unlimited hours at this company and never leave the facility!

They have a gym, childcare facility, huge cafeteria, dry cleaning, and travel agency on the premises.
Pros
Everything you need for weekly living at your fingertips
Cons
Too many hours. Must maintain 98% production and quality for everything you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. Our community is ready to answer.

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Reviews by Location