Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Employer Reviews

Im grateful that I had the opportunity to Network with people from all over the Tri-State.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Working at this establishment gave me the opportunity to meet alot of Interesting people from all over. I was able to learn an ample amount of information & knowledge that I'll never forget.
Great learning express and opportunity
Manage Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Laurel New JerseyAugust 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, career growth
Cons: distance, night shift
Great work environment and very routine. Detailing with members can be very challenging, but I try everyday to make sure I meet needs. Horizon is a very friendly environment and cares about their employees.
New Jersey's leading medical insurancec company
Service Request Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee), Wall, NJJuly 18, 2014
Established corporate company with great opportunities for growth and generous compensation. Reputable and well connected with the community. Production driven very professional environment.
A great place to work.
Financial Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 16, 2014
This is a corporate place of employment, dress business casual, you must be very attentive and computer savvy. Always room for growth and learning new things . this company will assist you in going back to school to further your education.
Fast pace work day
Appeal Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: very professional people.
Cons: employees had to pay for parking
The health benefit were great overall I really enjoyed my work days a Horizon.
I loved working at Horizion
Internship (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 13, 2014
I loved working at Horizion. Everyday when it was time to go to work I was happy to go. My co-workers were really nice and were always willing to help me. I love to work at Horizion again. I felt appreciate working there and I never felt as if i was exculded from anything.
Stability, Room for growth
Institutional Audit Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 5, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: busy
Teams are like family. We assist each other when needed. We work well together. The most enjoyable part of the day is Customer Satisfaction. Horizon is an all around Great Company.
Wonderful starting point in life
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 19, 2014
My day at work is filled with laughter from co-workers and team players. I have learned a tremendous amount of information regarding health insurance. My co-workers make my job extremely easy and fun. I enjoy being a part of the assist team and taking over supervisor calls because I love to make the customers happy.
Fun working environment with exposure to healthcare agency protocols
Managed Care Resident (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 15, 2014
Participated in sales pitch as medical content advisor for all art and graphic content
Productive place and great co-workers!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wall, NJMay 5, 2014
I was placed through Winston Staffing for a 3 month temporary position with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Sheild. I had a great recuriter through Winston. She was very helpful and nice. As far as Horizon goes it was a nice place to work. I met a lot of great people. I mostly did data entry on the computer for their open enrollement season.
Main job culture
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST II (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 1, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: paying for healthcare while working for a healthcare company
A very fast paced environment that demands quick thinking. Met outstanding persons that encouraged with dedication to details.
Good Company
Lead Data Architect (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 22, 2014
Intensive Work
Management Support
Co-Workers good support
Hard work
Co-workers interaction
Productive, Knowledge Sharing, Team work, Support within individual and as part of team
Sr. Informatica developer/Lead (Current Employee), 3 Penn Plaza,Newark, NJMarch 24, 2014
Very well balanced work environment, crunch timeline on state mandate projects, Knowledge sharing and understanding within management for better productivity.
Limited opportunities in satellite offices
Claims Pend Specialist (COB) (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: telecommute, great benefits
Cons: limited growth and compensation.
Great company to work for if you are looking for stability while in school. There are limited positions available for current employees in satellite offices. If you work at headquarters this is an awesome place to work. Salary is also limited and is not based on education and experience.
Sr. Client Service Consultant-Sr Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Wall NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: fun activities and events
Cons: management would hover over employees and not allow them to work independently!
Good Company overall to work for. Great training and benefits.
but at times was frustrating due to new management. The work environment changed and became very stressful for many employees, along with a department wide lay off several years ago.
Best job I ever had
fun atmosphere
co-workers are great
My time at Horizon
Consultant (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 4, 2013
Pros: new futuristic floors and lunch room, on site parking, day care, doctors, and pharmacy.
Cons: some department managerial support is lacking also a lack of communication between upper management.
Since the start of June 2013 my journey at Horizon was a good one. I would recommend this employer to another person along with numerous do's and dont's. This company is very cut throat and has no room for error.
Productive and Professional Environment.
Benefit and Claims Data Analyst (Former Employee), Newark,NJOctober 31, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: no permanent position.
I load small,mid-size, large and national accounts into the system.Members are able to view their benefits on the Member Portal.
Current Employee of HBCBS
Senior Principal Claims Clerk (Current Employee), Wall, NJSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: a lot of perks
Cons: the pay could be better.
This is a good company to work for. A lot of great perks. Decent benefits.
I loved it!
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 21, 2013
I would check access permissions in order to make sure that users had the correct access. I learned how to work well in a team environment as well as how to excel with my own strengths. The management was great and always provided guidance. My co-workers were excellent as well. The hardest part of the job is being responsible for the permissions for – more... basically the entire company. The most enjoyable part, however, was when I would actually have an interaction with the users. They were all pretty friendly. – less

1 2 3