Horizon Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
CLAIMS/ BENEFITS SPECIALIST AND AR REP. (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 30, 2014
I'm a hard worker that understand the aspect of my job description willing to learn and share my knowledge. I take accountability for my work and behavior. I work well under pressure and adapt to change well. I have good communication skills and a great relationship with my co-workers,managers and other staff from different departments of the company.
If you enjoy helping others
Claims/Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Wall, NJFebruary 4, 2014
you are attached to a headset from the time you get in til the time you leave. Hardest part of the job was applying eveything you learned in training to your day and knowing where to reference it. (cause you will need to use your references). I loved my co-workers and felt management communicated well. I feel I learned alot from my co-workers and management team.
Part time Job
System Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 29, 2013
Interested in a part time medical billing or cashier position as well as a system or data entry person.
The co-workers were like an extended family.
Customer/Provider Service/Auditor (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: bcbs gave me a foundation for my future goal.
Cons: there should never be a con when we are learning.
The best part of working there was learning how to relate to customers needs and concerns. Learning claims processing, provider/auditing, medical terminology, working with ICD-9, CPT-4 and pends resolution helped prepare me for what I want to do now.
Project
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good team and work environment. many learning opportunities
Cons: coordinating time to schedule meetings with various resources.
• Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives,
technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, and staffing.
• Develop work breakdown structures; Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules; and resource, cost and budget plan’s.
• Prepares and keeps current master project plans as well as subproject plans for monitoring and tracking the requirements, and stay abreast of changes to the requirements
Review
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJAugust 7, 2012
okay job to work at room for advancement,good people to work around,fun,has employee appreciation day