Horizon Coach Lines

Horizon Coach Lines Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
I was recieved by all employees at Horizon from day one. I was due to register for classes at my local college and the schedule that was assigned to me was perfect for that schedule. The upper management was very willing to assist with schedule alterations for that purpose but none was necessary. Training was excellent even though it was minimally necessary. I was really beginning to feel at home here when I was informed that my postion was being reduced.
Good Paying Job
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
I went through three managers over a period of two years. The last one was the best.
JUST TOO MUCH
DRIVER (Current Employee), CHARLOTTE, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: all of the north carolina locations pay via commission, locations in other states pay hourly, that sucks and should be against the law
THE STAFF IS NICE AND PLEASANT, IT HAS A FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE IN THE OFFICE , BUSES ARE IN DECENT SHAPE MOST OF THEM ARE ANYWAY
Good place to work. High energy people. I thrive on fast pace work
Transportation Operations Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WA / Everett, WAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: being left alone to do the work that i knew i could do and do well
Cons: drivers not answering their phones when you are on a time crunch.
First in to oversee dispatch of drivers. I would handle any and all calls that would come in from customers, drivers, management, shop.

This job teaches time management as one of the most important functions on a daily basis. Must communicate with many departments in a moments notice.

Had the backing of management because I knew my job well.

My co-workers were very important. It was a team effort to get the job done right. Many aspects to this position all of which happen at anytime throughout the day or night (when off duty).

The hardest part was being called during the night by drivers who could not make it for their early morning shifts with not much notice for me to have to wake up another driver to have them report early in the morning for a shift to cover. Sometimes those sub drivers would not answer phones.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such great people and also being appreciated for the hard work that was put in to every day.
Good work place
Bus Line Cleaner (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FLAugust 13, 2014
fast sometime slow work day just cleaning off buses
making sure the buses are ready to go out when it suppose to be
A great place to work with nice people
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Golden, COFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great environment, nice people, quiet office to work in
Cons: have to find my own time to take a break.
My typical day at work starts off very slow then steadily gets busy through the day. I learned many things of how to manage and multitask between doing my own paper work, dealing with the phones, and controlling things around my office all at the same time. The management is great and knows how to do their job. All my co-workers are great to be around and all know how to do their jobs on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job would probably have to be with the weather permitting. The weather tends to make things a little crazy. What i enjoy most is being able to interact with all my co-workers on a day to day basis and all the fun they bring to the table.
Safety meeting is fun enjoyable day for everyones
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Golden, COJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: we get free lunch on every safety meeting
Cons: we haven't had any raise for seven years
I really enjoy my works. I learned a lot at work such as reading map, going places where i never been. Being around my co-worker doing safety meeting and "BBQ" at the same time. I really enjoy working with my co-worker. We really help each other to make our job enjoyable, and successful environment. The hardest part of my job is when I have to deliver a bus to Yellowstone National Park. I have to be there in ten hours. That is tough to do it. But I did it in a safe way to get there. I been a bus driver for over 20 years. I really love what i do. What I learned is that no matter how long I been doing it. Stick to your basic safety duty will help you in the long run.
good company
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2014
i enjoy working for them and horizon is restructuring its business profile.co-workers are fine
Not too bad of a Company
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Ok Job. This job is on contract basis. I can't complain. This job gets really repetitive.
fun enviornment
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CA.August 28, 2013
fun overall place to work and room to grow all the workers are nice
An exciting place to work for and travel for free
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: free traveling
Cons: not enough traveling
It was exciting to work while traveling around the world. Meeting wonderful people and their different backgrounds.
Nice Company
Horizon Coach Lines (Coach America) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2013
Nice Company fun easy going working enviorment. Co-workers and management team pleasant to work with.
8 rewarding years, wore many hats and loved the challenge
General Manager/Director of Finance (Former Employee), Miami FlNovember 8, 2012
Pros: corporate culture environment, family orientated
Cons: bankruptcy which caused a merger with the new company
Working at American Coach Lines which is the company Horizon purchased, was in itself rewarding. I enjoying the fast pace environment and the opportunity to think outside the box. I had the distinct pleasure of working with an very intelligent VP of which I became the right hand too. The team-player attitude was a great asset we had in the entire organization. I enjoyed the all hands on deck mindset which left no project undone. I was able promoted three times during my tenure and at one point juggling two positions. This was rewarding and fruitful to be able to continue working on my finance responsibilities and be the face of the organization. The hardest part of my job was when I was laid off to a merger. I take with me experience and the respect of my fellow colleagues.
Industry