Horizon Health Services Employee Reviews

love caring for client's
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 9, 2015
Pay low, don't get paid on time and there is no communication between the staff and employee are with the client's family.The worst place i have ever work.
Hectic
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2015
A typical work day at horizon is hectic. You are going house to house helping patients. There are some very difficult patients to deal with but overall a good job.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Horizon is a great company to work for; but no room for advancement.
Horizon treats there employees very well; very good company ethic.
Supportive Work Environment
Chemical Dependency Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work. Supervisors are always there to help. Security procedures need improvement, but otherwise manageable.
Client caring atmosphere
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 5, 2015
I was responsible for a commercial payer, service entry notes, and payment voids and denials. I loved the position in the beginning, and thrived with certain duties.
Company schedules nurses for skilled visits. Good for new grads.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2014
Good company for entry level experience, I was introduced to the medical records process. It was challenging, however, I obtained a good working knowledge of it.
Pros
casual work enviroment
Cons
no healthcare benefits
great place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2014
best company i have worked for. Everyone makes you feel welcome and taken care of. Management was great in my perspective and compensastion was decent. They offer great benefits and bonuses.
barf
counselor (Former Employee) –  BuffaloApril 9, 2014
Worst job I ever had. I literally would have nightmares about going in, them vomit when I pulled into the parking lot. Management is ridiculous; unorganized and unapproachable.
In fairness, I think I may have enjoyed working there, if I worked in another position. I worked there as a therapist, and have since become a nurse...which I would consider taking a position as.
Pros
autonomy to singe degree
Cons
everything else
Horizon Health Services were very helpful in hiring me to accomplish caring for my mother.
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 20, 2014
Any client will be blessed with me taking care of them , i'll do the best job possible. As for a typical day ,mother received a full bath each and every day for the six years she was bed ridden. Many years i transfered her to the wheel chair myself to give her bath tub complete bath with a hair cut to keep her fresh and feeling good. The nurse would be called if there were any problems and also my employer or case worker whatever the case would be .I had help coming from every direction and wecomed it.What i learned was that it takes a army of health care specialists to help care for my mother for her to encounter the best care and a comfortable fulfilled life that she had. The hardest part was probably being the only child left to take on so much responsibility but i so enjoyed every part of the business of health care services. This is what i have known for so many years.
Pros
work from home
Cons
had to put my life on hold
Good community program, No advancement
Admin (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYMarch 3, 2014
They offer a wonderful service, however as a employer they are lacking. Basically training for a job is on your own. Management both middle and upper is very clique either your one of them or not. So asking the mentoring program is kind of a joke. Also don't be surprised if your hired for one job and expected to do something completely different. They offer a great service, however most ppl don't plan their careers there due to the politics of what involves to working there.
Pros
wow program, employee events, community services
Cons
poor training, advancement, and office politics
more political orientated than employee orientated
Case Manager (Erie County case Management) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 6, 2013
Evaluate and enroll clientele in Erie County SPOE system on line. Follow up with clients prior linkages requesting records to verify diagnosis, identify clients immediate needs and linking to appropriate services in the community. Keep up individual service plans for clientele and follow up with linkages to monitor progress. Assist and get assistance with co-workers on linkages for clientele. Meet with clients in the community and office setting to monitor and assess clients needs and progress. The most enjoyable part of this job was to see clients progress. Hardest part of the job was working more hours to manage case load, there was no team concept to manage case load, and co-occurring population which was seldom grateful.
Pros
wow program to recognize and reward outstanding work ethic
Cons
costly health insurance / salary based on 35 hr work week
Great place to work and help others
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2013
Enjoyable place to help mental health patients through office management, scheduling, and overall quality customer service.
Pros
helping others
family like environment
Billing Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2012
IF you are looking to grow in the department of counseling, this is the perfect company. There's not much advancement in other department
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not much advancement in other careers

2.9