Horizon Health Services Employee Reviews

learning expierence
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
I appreciate horizon for giving me such great opportunity to grow from my intern and then from their temporary hire as a per dim medical records assistant employee.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
Company that hires straight out of college with no view for longevity or counselor care
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 28, 2017
get ready for unexacting standards and a constant environment of sleight of hand where one thing is preached while the opposite is put into effect. they hire young unexpierinced counselors that are so thankful to have a job they don't realize the unrealistic expectations that are being put upon them. in order to try to achieve the work load they then end up doing 2 - 3 hours of work at home each night and have no work life balance for poor wages. a rewarding job where you truly get to help people and see peoples live change is over shadowed by the fact that you can't live your own. Turn over at this company is CRAZY. After 4 years I am among the veterans.
This was a great company to work with
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 13, 2017
This was a great company to work with. What I loved from this job was the way time was running. We were always so busy that a 8 hour shift was totally gone by fast.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
salary was not the best
The Worst
Health Home Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
The worst company in Buffalo. Management is rude and nasty. No matter how good of an employee you are, you will never be acknowledged for hard work. If you like drama, this is the place for you.
Excellent foundation for social work
Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 23, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed this job, it was, at times, satisfying to be able to help clients work through life conflicts. The management was always wiling to help new employees and build up confidence as well as clinical authority. I learned so much at Horizons, I was able to apply the skills and interventions I learned in college, as well as I learned how this type of work can affect the worker in the field. The most enjoyable part was helping others work through situations. The hardest part was only being able to help the clients so much and seeing them fall.
Pros
case conference
Cons
lots of work to be done, not always enough time
Lack of supprt
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2017
What it comes down to is there is no support. You will have paper work until the end of time with no support. When you have a personal crisis they will ask you to leave the job instead of offer options or provide support. They lack compassion for their employees and really see everyone as replaceable. They overhire and prepare to replace which in result provides you with feeling little value. In the job they care more about seeing as many clients as possible to make money versus counselors taking time to make documentation right or process a session. In result aiding in burn out. This is the job you will usually have to skip lunch (which isn't paid for), come in early and leave work with no compensation for it.
Pros
Room for improvement, fair starting salary
Cons
No support, work overload, little time off, no sick days, little holidays
Was not happy
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2017
Found the job to be very easy at frst. Then the office claws and politics came out. The staff was very demanding and the management had no back bone nor could stay focused on one task at hand.
Amazing team, poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you enjoy making a direct impact on clients, even as support staff. Never dull, always extremely busy, and an amazing team environment within the clinic. Unfortunately, upper management does not truly recognize or value the importance of staff members, their skills, and their connections with the clients. Degrees are required but not paid for. Salary is low with little room for advancement or raise.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, ability to help others
Cons
Low salary, stressful environment, high workload and unreasonable expectations
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. Willingness to develop talent although advancement opportunities are limited given the size of the organization. Promotes strong family values.
Great Company
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Biggest risk is burn out, however that has more to do with the field that HHS. Also the company is a nonprofit healthcare provider, therefore cash incentives are limited. PTO is AMAZING after you hit the third year mark. The company really strives to reward retention.

Want to know more about Horizon Health Services?

Ask a question
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Horizon is a great company to work for; but no room for advancement.
Horizon treats there employees very well; very good company ethic.
Supportive Work Environment
Chemical Dependency Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work. Supervisors are always there to help. Security procedures need improvement, but otherwise manageable.
Client caring atmosphere
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 5, 2015
I was responsible for a commercial payer, service entry notes, and payment voids and denials. I loved the position in the beginning, and thrived with certain duties.
fun place to work
Clerical/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2014
fun place to work. i had to leave because i needed more money and different hours as my family size changed.
great place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2014
best company i have worked for. Everyone makes you feel welcome and taken care of. Management was great in my perspective and compensastion was decent. They offer great benefits and bonuses.
Senior management has a total disregard for their employees
Administration (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYAugust 31, 2014
I worked there for almost a year and I watch them lie, disrespect employees. They got rid of long term dedicated employees without care or thought. Very clique and some of the senior staff act like kids in high school. One day your the best, the next day its someone else. Their mentoring program is a joke and if you try to grow beyond your position they hold you back. Also, if you go above and beyond for a residents to get them services and it steps on senior managements toes, don't expect a pat on the back. Get expected to walk to your car. They are growing and its more about the money than their clients.
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Senior Staff
barf
counselor (Former Employee) –  BuffaloApril 9, 2014
Worst job I ever had. I literally would have nightmares about going in, them vomit when I pulled into the parking lot. Management is ridiculous; unorganized and unapproachable.
In fairness, I think I may have enjoyed working there, if I worked in another position. I worked there as a therapist, and have since become a nurse...which I would consider taking a position as.
Pros
autonomy to singe degree
Cons
everything else
Good community program, No advancement
Admin (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYMarch 3, 2014
They offer a wonderful service, however as a employer they are lacking. Basically training for a job is on your own. Management both middle and upper is very clique either your one of them or not. So asking the mentoring program is kind of a joke. Also don't be surprised if your hired for one job and expected to do something completely different. They offer a great service, however most ppl don't plan their careers there due to the politics of what involves to working there.
Pros
Wow program, employee events, community services
Cons
Poor training, advancement, and office politics
Terrible place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYOctober 28, 2013
I worked there for about a month and was let go. Co workers were just as terrible as the company I connected with the residents better than my employees and that was the company's reasoning for letting me go. Being my age I had coworkers who weren't even in my department and had no authority over me trying to tell me what to do. All in all if your looking for a job that has security and a great atmosphere look else were.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Coworkers, security
Excellent company to work for
Interim Program Director - Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYAugust 28, 2013
Excellent employer. Have worked for them for many years. They provide excellent support and direction. They help make their Managers champions!! Learned all aspects of clinical and operational management. Hardest part of the job is travel. Loved 98% of all projects.
Pros
Great clinical and Operational VPs
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8