horizon health

horizon health Employer Reviews

OK
Sales (Former Employee), LewisvilleJanuary 25, 2015
Training left a lot to be desired. Scattered, non succinct instruction, expectations, and leadership
LIFE ALTERING EXPERIENCE.......FOR THE WORST!!!!!
aide (Current Employee), Hastings, MNDecember 22, 2014
Pros: no breaks off unit and no lunch or dinner break
Cons: working with this clientele is challenging, fun and humorous at times. a delicate combination.
Management is HORRIBLE!! Salary a joke and was promised better wages, but never saw a CENT. Working conditions are backwards as lower level staff run management and think it's all right to try to dictate their supervisors. Supervisor disappointing and won't listen to issues, but will only hear solutions.
fun place to work
Clerical/Receptionist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2014
fun place to work. i had to leave because i needed more money and different hours as my family size changed.
Senior management has a total disregard for their employees
Administration (Former Employee), Buffalo NYAugust 31, 2014
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: unprofessional senior staff
I worked there for almost a year and I watch them lie, disrespect employees. They got rid of long term dedicated employees without care or thought. Very clique and some of the senior staff act like kids in high school. One day your the best, the next day its someone else. Their mentoring program is a joke and if you try to grow beyond your position they hold you back. Also, if you go above and beyond for a residents to get them services and it steps on senior managements toes, don't expect a pat on the back. Get expected to walk to your car. They are growing and its more about the money than their clients.
Productive and fun place to work for
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: stressful at times
Completing and mailing proposals. Learned the EAP Industry. Management was great. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was working under constant deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people; team oriented.
Productive and fun day with residents
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 19, 2014
Staff and resident daily contacts are the most enjoyable part during a long work day!
Diverse and Motivated Company
Director II Senior Care Unit (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJune 12, 2014
Pros: multiple state locations, opprotunity to advance to senior levels.
Cons: contracted with hospitals, which could be demanding due to on-going changes with volume and staffing.
Overall, I've considered Horizon Health a home. I love to go to work each day. The company has taught me more ways to improve my leadership abilities. As a manager, you never feel like the company is not supportive of your role. Horizon will always provide consultants to assist you with daily operations. The hardest part of the job can be high admission days; however, I've learned to set the pace and avoid overwhelming team and/or physician. The most rewarding part of my jog is taking care of the elderly and knowing our unit is one of the best providers in our area.
good company
School Nurse (Current Employee), Long Island, NYJune 4, 2014
i can complaint just want to shift gears to different experience
Great Staff
Data Administrator (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: out-ins as a group, able to use eib for dr.s appts.
Cons: short lunch breaks
Work with some great people at Horizon Health from the Director, the IT staff, to the rest of the data entry clerks like myself. Had catered lunches once a month for all the building. Had breakfast provided for the whole building every Friday.
Terrible company to work for
Nurse Manager at Holy Redeemer Hospital (Former Employee), Meadowbrook PAMarch 7, 2014
It was not fun working for Horizon Health and I would never again.

No support given to their managers at all
PRODUCTIVE
SENIOR MEMBERSHIP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Blantyre, NCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free medical schemes
Cons: long working hours, little motivation
NORMALLY BUSY
LEARNED ABOUT CLIENT HANDLING
MANAGEMENT-LACKS MOTIVATION
CO-WORKERS VERY COOPERATIVE
HARDEST PART OF LIFE-WORKING OVERTIME & WEEKENDS; ZERO COMPANY INVOLVEMENT TO ADRESS EMPLOYEES' WELFARE IE DURING FUNERALS, WEDDINGS
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB: TEAM WORK, GETTING COMPLEMENTS FROM CLIENTS.
Terrible place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Buffalo NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: coworkers, security
I worked there for about a month and was let go. Co workers were just as terrible as the company I connected with the residents better than my employees and that was the company's reasoning for letting me go. Being my age I had coworkers who weren't even in my department and had no authority over me trying to tell me what to do. All in all if your looking for a job that has security and a great atmosphere look else were.
good place to work
Janitorial (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: not enough pay
My first job here in United States. the management where helpful and co workers where a joy to work with
so friendly and fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2013
The staff wants what best for the patients. They are aware what is happening and they make the environment as friendly as they can.
Excellent company to work for
Interim Program Director - Senior Director (Current Employee), Buffalo NYAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great clinical and operational vps
Cons: travel
Excellent employer. Have worked for them for many years. They provide excellent support and direction. They help make their Managers champions!! Learned all aspects of clinical and operational management. Hardest part of the job is travel. Loved 98% of all projects.
i learned a lot about rehab nursing
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 9, 2013
i learned a lot from this company since majority of the patients are cases of vehicular accidents. its challenging to know and learn the proper handling and techniuqes specifically transferring patients from bed to wheelchair the day after surgery
Literally had nightmares about going to work
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed travelling between locations, autonomy at times
Cons: unorganized, rude employees, unrealistic expectations for clients and staff
First off, this is only referring to Horizon Health Services in Western New York. I worked there as a Masters level counselor before becoming a nurse, and was paid $13 an hour. Traveled between several offices, which would have been great if one hand EVER knew what the other was doing. My direct supervisor was an absolute space cadet, and one of the rudest people I have ever met, professionally or otherwise. Constantly expected to work with no support from other staff in potentially dangerous situations. Professional supervision and orientation were a joke... I literally had nightmares, every night, for the few months I tolerated it. I would, no joke, often get sick in the parking lot before starting my day.
Mind you, I went on to work in another mental health/ substance abuse facility with much more chronic and severely incapacitated patients and loved it. This place is just its own weird little universe.
Company events that brings the moral up
o Employee Assistant Program Services (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 5, 2012
Pros: 3 miles from my house, paid pretty well, good time off, enjoyed managers
Cons: aetna bought them out moved to arlington. became very political. benefits went downhill.
Horizon, before it was Aetna, was a great company. Willing to train and teach on anything you were willing to initiate on your own. Paid pretty well and was 3 miles from my house. I enjoyed most of my managers until it became Aetna. Then it was a lot more political. Headquarters moved to south Arlington and I was not able to make that commute.
Great corporate culture!
Community Education Manager (Former Employee), Alpena, MIAugust 3, 2012
Horizon Health is an excellent place to work. They have a corporate culture that puts family first. My immediate supervisor and Vice President of Operations were both high-quality individuals that cared about me as a person.
I enjoy working for horizon for the most part. But I would like to work a corporation where I be challenged.
LVN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2012
Cons: they have a 4-2 schedule
Overall a good place for nurses that really want to gain experience and moreknowledge