Horizon Health Employee Reviews

Social Worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 5, 2017
This is a consultant company that has no clue how to run a behavioral health unit. Poor management and a hostile working environment. The hospital they consulted for is just as bad as they are.
Pros
The patients and some of my co- workers
Terrible Horizon Staff vs Hospital Management Conflicts
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 9, 2017
Horizon's Census incentives for Horizon employees clashed with Length of Stay Profit Goals for hospital management. Horizon Management gets bonus checks & plaques for meeting inpatient goals regardless of what it costs the hospital to treat those patients but the longer a person stays in the hospital, the less money the hospital makes for that stay. Thus, Horizon staff lies, fires people who refuse to hold patients in the hospital to meet Horizon's inpatient census goals, falsified charts, and told staff not to pay any attention to what hospital staff/management had to say. This caused favoritism among employees and fostered a VERY hostile environment.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
Productive, great job experience and job training.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 8, 2017
Great staff, plenty to do for work responsibilities, great environment. This facility is perfect for CNA and Nursing Assistant training. Good with hours.
Pros
Great CNA training experience
Cons
Sometimes lacking staff availability.
Great place to work.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 31, 2017
The staff is friendly and helpful. They really work as a team within the office. A typical day starts at 8 a.m. and you prepare the medication refill orders that came in over night and get ready to see patients. You answer phone, fax, and patient questions. Once the last patient is out of the office you prep for the next day.
worked nights
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Working nights at a nursing home, the halls were quite, vitals were taken once a shift, staff were pretty laid back, met some interesting people.
Pros
learning about the subacute area
Cons
waking residents while sleeping
Eh, its ok
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 27, 2016
Facility is nice. Co-workers work well together. Very fast pace, always on the move. New administration, new DON, new staffing staff. DON great! Administrator approachable. Staffing needs to get it together. Always short staff which makes it hard to get work done efficiently.
Pros
If you bring a resident to the ice cream parlor you get free ice cream.
Cons
Too much gossiping. Not enough staff support.
Terrible company
Staff (Current Employee) –  EvansvilleDecember 6, 2016
Management Michele was terrible. Did not know what she was doing. Often lies.fires people that she thinks are a threat. Falsified charts. Told staff not to talk to hospital staff. Very hostile environment . When called she never answered her phone. Had favoritism in employees
All in all horizon is a terrible company
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
Michele as director
productive and helpful volunteer experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 22, 2016
During my volunteer time, I became aware of the duties and commitments the employees were fulfilled to do. Although it was hard being forced to multitask in a field where obstacles often find themselves surfacing, I managed to follow along well.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learning how to manage money and customers properly
Cons
The required fulfillments
Summary
Treatment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Not enough staff coverage leading to burn out and not enough management support to carry out daily duties properly. Not a team player atmosphere.
Terrible Management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 24, 2016
As a previous employee in the industry I do not recommend seeking a job here. The management is terrible, the money isn't the best and the hours are awful. The work environment was not positive and was dwelling on your mental health.

If you want to work in a friendly work environment where you feel appreciated and respected DO NOT even apply here. All they care about is profits and advancing the company. Very very cold workplace.
Simple Job
Scan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 10, 2016
Easy Job prepping and scanning documents into the company system. The company was okay to work for as far as a company as a whole, but my direct manager wasn't very flexible.
Pros
easy job, knew what you were doing every day
Cons
terrible management
I enjoyed my job
Independent Care Provider - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 27, 2016
I took care of a 26 year old man with disabilities. A typical day would be to wake him up, take him to the bathroom, feed him, give him a shower and dress him. I learned about Cri Du Chat. The young man is non-verbal. I worked part time on weekends independently. The hardest part was not being able to communicate verbally, but he understood everything I did. The fun part of the job was to teach him how to shake hands and do high fives and have pillow fights
Pros
Enjoyed what i did
Cons
Bad management
Directed nursing and clinical staff on Inpatient Behavioral Health services. Great corporate support when needed!
Director of Nursing St.Mary (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 1, 2016
Trustworthy and keep their word. Great clinical and administrative resources. National reach and depth of leadership. Excellent at attracting and retaining world class personnel.
Pros
expenses paid
Cons
no benefits for interim positions.
Worst place to work in Hudson County
Medical Assistant/recepcionist (Former Employee) –  714 Bergen Ave JCApril 6, 2016
First of all, management do not care about the employees at all.No bonus in 7 years that I worked there.Costumer are always right no matter how verbally abusive they can be.All staffs comes and goes.Checks bouncing and getting your check late at the end of the day. Also they change your job descriptions without any notice or training and the most important one ,they would give you a race , if your lucky once in 5 years.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting nice Doctors, that now are my friends, beside that I would not suggest to work in HHC. Is a wastes of years and your time.At the end they do not care how good of employee you were.They would made up some not legible excuses to get rid of you.Too bad that the patients that goes there, really need help and assistance.
a friendly work place.
facilities manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Assure that the all areas were clean and ready for the day. All departments were stocked. Transport mail to f site clinics. make bank deposits. Hands on maintenance, light electric,plumbing and building maintenance. Snow removal during snow season.
Pros
able to see doctors without having to wait for a long period of time.
Steady Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Good culture. No room for advancement. Adequate compensation and benefits. Great work/life balance. Management has good intentions.
Pros
Good people
Cons
no room for advancement
most enjoyable part of the job
Community Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVNovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed the community outreach and working with dedicated healthcare providers and staff across Vegas Valley. I don't have a lot more to say other than I very much enjoyed the interaction with the community.
Pros
other healthcare providers in the community
Cons
lack of job security
Horizon is fine but not the job location
former employee (Former Employee) –  formerly NCSeptember 22, 2015
The current job being advertised as I write this, Intensive Outpatient Therapist on an "inpatient unit" in NC, is the one I am addressing and with which I am familiar. Horizon is a wonderful employer in many ways. However this position is at a Novant Health facility with a Geriatric Psychiatry program where Horizon has a contract. Almost all the other employees are Novant and the program is deliberately severely understaffed to maximize revenue. In practice, you would be working for both Horizon and Novant. The Novant organization is a nightmare. Oddly, this job is titled as an outpatient therapist on an inpatient unit? Does that tell you something? It is an unbelievably horrible work environment with unbelievably horrible middle and executive management. If you really want to do the job of at least two people under extreme stress and duress with manipulative, cut-throat management that may can you at any moment for anything or nothing ... go for it. Otherwise run!
Pros
Horizon is the actual employer
Cons
(1) a Novant Health facility (2) horrible management
Working with great staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pierz, MNJuly 24, 2015
I have been with Horizon Health for 7 months. I have enjoyed everyday that I work there in taking care of my resident's and working with staff, RN's and Management.
I plan to continue my career in Healthcare and look to pursue my RN license.
Great company with great resources
Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2015
Horizon is the leader in the field of behavioral health management. When developing new business, it was most important to be confident that once the business was in place, the people coming in to manage and operate the service were top notch. This was definitely the case with Horizon.
Pros
Resource rich

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8