Horizon Health Employee Reviews in United States

Steady Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Good culture. No room for advancement. Adequate compensation and benefits. Great work/life balance. Management has good intentions.
Pros
Good people
Cons
no room for advancement
Worst place to work in Hudson County
Medical Assistant/recepcionist (Former Employee) –  714 Bergen Ave JCApril 6, 2016
First of all, management do not care about the employees at all.No bonus in 7 years that I worked there.Costumer are always right no matter how verbally abusive they can be.All staffs comes and goes.Checks bouncing and getting your check late at the end of the day. Also they change your job descriptions without any notice or training and the most important one ,they would give you a race , if your lucky once in 5 years.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting nice Doctors, that now are my friends, beside that I would not suggest to work in HHC. Is a wastes of years and your time.At the end they do not care how good of employee you were.They would made up some not legible excuses to get rid of you.Too bad that the patients that goes there, really need help and assistance.
Horizon is fine but not the job location
former employee (Former Employee) –  formerly NCSeptember 22, 2015
The current job being advertised as I write this, Intensive Outpatient Therapist on an "inpatient unit" in NC, is the one I am addressing and with which I am familiar. Horizon is a wonderful employer in many ways. However this position is at a Novant Health facility with a Geriatric Psychiatry program where Horizon has a contract. Almost all the other employees are Novant and the program is deliberately severely understaffed to maximize revenue. In practice, you would be working for both Horizon and Novant. The Novant organization is a nightmare. Oddly, this job is titled as an outpatient therapist on an inpatient unit? Does that tell you something? It is an unbelievably horrible work environment with unbelievably horrible middle and executive management. If you really want to do the job of at least two people under extreme stress and duress with manipulative, cut-throat management that may can you at any moment for anything or nothing ... go for it. Otherwise run!
Pros
Horizon is the actual employer
Cons
(1) a Novant Health facility (2) horrible management
I enjoyed my job
Independent Care Provider - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 27, 2016
I took care of a 26 year old man with disabilities. A typical day would be to wake him up, take him to the bathroom, feed him, give him a shower and dress him. I learned about Cri Du Chat. The young man is non-verbal. I worked part time on weekends independently. The hardest part was not being able to communicate verbally, but he understood everything I did. The fun part of the job was to teach him how to shake hands and do high fives and have pillow fights
Pros
Enjoyed what i did
Cons
Bad management
Directed nursing and clinical staff on Inpatient Behavioral Health services. Great corporate support when needed!
Director of Nursing St.Mary (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 1, 2016
Trustworthy and keep their word. Great clinical and administrative resources. National reach and depth of leadership. Excellent at attracting and retaining world class personnel.
Pros
expenses paid
Cons
no benefits for interim positions.
most enjoyable part of the job
Community Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVNovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed the community outreach and working with dedicated healthcare providers and staff across Vegas Valley. I don't have a lot more to say other than I very much enjoyed the interaction with the community.
Pros
other healthcare providers in the community
Cons
lack of job security
Working with great staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pierz, MNJuly 24, 2015
I have been with Horizon Health for 7 months. I have enjoyed everyday that I work there in taking care of my resident's and working with staff, RN's and Management.
I plan to continue my career in Healthcare and look to pursue my RN license.
a friendly work place.
facilities manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Assure that the all areas were clean and ready for the day. All departments were stocked. Transport mail to f site clinics. make bank deposits. Hands on maintenance, light electric,plumbing and building maintenance. Snow removal during snow season.
Pros
able to see doctors without having to wait for a long period of time.
Life altering experience.......For the worst!!!!!
aide (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNDecember 22, 2014
Management is HORRIBLE!! Salary a joke and was promised better wages, but never saw a CENT. Working conditions are backwards as lower level staff run management and think it's all right to try to dictate their supervisors. Supervisor disappointing and won't listen to issues, but will only hear solutions.
Pros
no breaks off unit and no lunch or dinner break
Cons
working with this clientele is challenging, fun and humorous at times. a delicate combination.
Great company with great resources
Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2015
Horizon is the leader in the field of behavioral health management. When developing new business, it was most important to be confident that once the business was in place, the people coming in to manage and operate the service were top notch. This was definitely the case with Horizon.
Pros
Resource rich
Company events that brings the moral up
o Employee Assistant Program Services (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 5, 2012
Horizon, before it was Aetna, was a great company. Willing to train and teach on anything you were willing to initiate on your own. Paid pretty well and was 3 miles from my house. I enjoyed most of my managers until it became Aetna. Then it was a lot more political. Headquarters moved to south Arlington and I was not able to make that commute.
Pros
3 miles from my house, paid pretty well, good time off, enjoyed managers
Cons
aetna bought them out moved to arlington. became very political. benefits went downhill.
Productive and fun place to work for
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 25, 2014
Completing and mailing proposals. Learned the EAP Industry. Management was great. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was working under constant deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people; team oriented.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
stressful at times
SENIOR MEMBERSHIP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Blantyre, NCMarch 5, 2014
Normally busy
Learned about client handling
Management-lacks motivation
Co-workers very cooperative
Hardest part of life-working overtime & weekends; zero company involvement to adress employees' welfare ie during funerals, weddings
Most enjoyable part of job: team work, getting complements from clients.
Pros
free medical schemes
Cons
long working hours, little motivation
Diverse and Motivated Company
Director II Senior Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 12, 2014
Overall, I've considered Horizon Health a home. I love to go to work each day. The company has taught me more ways to improve my leadership abilities. As a manager, you never feel like the company is not supportive of your role. Horizon will always provide consultants to assist you with daily operations. The hardest part of the job can be high admission days; however, I've learned to set the pace and avoid overwhelming team and/or physician. The most rewarding part of my jog is taking care of the elderly and knowing our unit is one of the best providers in our area.
Pros
multiple state locations, opprotunity to advance to senior levels.
Cons
contracted with hospitals, which could be demanding due to on-going changes with volume and staffing.
Great corporate culture!
Community Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 3, 2012
Horizon Health is an excellent place to work. They have a corporate culture that puts family first. My immediate supervisor and Vice President of Operations were both high-quality individuals that cared about me as a person.
Ok
Sales (Former Employee) –  LewisvilleJanuary 25, 2015
Training left a lot to be desired. Scattered, non succinct instruction, expectations, and leadership
Great Staff
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 6, 2014
Work with some great people at Horizon Health from the Director, the IT staff, to the rest of the data entry clerks like myself. Had catered lunches once a month for all the building. Had breakfast provided for the whole building every Friday.
Pros
out-ins as a group, able to use eib for dr.s appts.
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive work place
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I loved it here, but I want to be somewhere I can grow as an employee and a person.
Medium Diverse company with alot to offer
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 17, 2012
Enjoyed all the different personalities that made up my client base. Loved the learning of the different complex imports of time and information.
Pros
free breakfast every friday and free lunch once a monthe for birthdays, heakthcare
Cons
sox compliance
Great Staff
Medical Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2012
Good work enviorment,staff worked toghter as a unit. A good place to work.
Pros
staff worked as a team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health. Our community is ready to answer.