Horizon Healthcare Staffing

Horizon Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

managed well and friendly workers
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, and brooklynJune 12, 2013
agency for school nurses. managed well and flexible schedule. Good supervision and training.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no job security or benefits
Unsatisfactory staffing positions.
1:1 case (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 11, 2014
No benefits, long distance jobs, very expensive health insurance-12,700 per year.
Cons
health-care, long job distances.
Good Agency
LPN (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJAugust 18, 2012
I love Horizon, one of the best agencies. Good pay, nice pleasant staff. Very professional, and treat employees well.
Pros
compensation
Cons
inconsistent work
worked at one of the worst hospitals
Sitter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
worked for this temp agency for about six months. the only thing I loved about it was that I was getting paid every week. The pay wasn't much but I have gathered up new experiences
Good workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 22, 2015
Very helpful staff and wonderful atmosphere. Anytime I have a question or a problem they are there to help you. If I cant cover a job they call me for they understand
Great Place to Work
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Staten Island NYMay 14, 2015
I truly enjoy working for this company. I wake up everyday happy to go into work. I work independently and the staff is always available and friendly. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payments easily can run late
Good Company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2015
Great work / life banlance and a great opportunity to make money. Great employees to work with. Supervisors actually care about what you think.
flexible
Substitute School Nurse (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 29, 2015
I find them easy to work with and quick to get me answers to any questions I may have. A pleasure to work for.

I have done school nursing in a school, as well as 1:1 and have found their descriptions of the assignments to be accurate.
Productive and varied nursing positions. Office well kept and staff respectful.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 23, 2015
Working for Horizon Healthcare staffing has allowed me to experience nursing both on an individual as well as on a school level.

The staff provided much assistance and job opportunities. They were flexible when I needed a day off and tried to accommodate me in any way they could in finding positions close to home.

I love working with children, so that in itself is enjoyable to me. I got experience in many different areas including glucose monitoring, medication administration and suctioning. My last position as a school nurse provided with experience in collecting and organizing medical paperwork and files and making sure immunizations were up to date. I provided medical care to students who came to my office for an injury at gym or a scrape from falling. I informed parents as needed.

I learned that there are many types of personalities I interact with in my work environments, and I had to learn how to communicate in a respectful and assertive way in order to maintain the safety of my students as well as a healthy rapport with the staff and parents. This was probably one of the more challenging parts of my job. I had to maintain a balance between the school and the parents.

Overall, school nursing is an area I have and will continue to thrive in and make a difference. Teaching children and communicating with them can be a learning experience, not to mention, amusing at times!
Pros
Flexible hours and accommodating staff
Cons
Sometimes far travel to a job
Love working with them
CNA (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJSeptember 5, 2012
I love what I'm doing with all my heart, I've learned to treat everybody the same way, my co workers are enjoying taking care of all patients.
Pros
have my lunch
Cons
enjoy
This is a good company.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 22, 2014
I enjoy working with them, the staff is very professional and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Healthcare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3