Horizon Home Health Employee Reviews

Excellent
Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2017
Worked here and would have continued to. Great environment and management is extremely fair and understanding and flexible. Company does the best they can for their employees. Fair pay and good benefits. Great culture. All employees are treated fairly. The company communicates well with everyone. There are wonderful people hired. Everyone cares about doing best for patients and tries to help each other do so. It is a wonderful industry and Horizon is best in it. Have worked for other home health agencies before but this one, is by far the best and really cares about the employees.
Horrible
Team Assistant/Liaison (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2017
This place was horrible. The office manager is controlling and socially inappropriate. Very combative with office employees and outside employees. Complete nightmare
Good place
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 18, 2017
Lovely place to work, understanding people.
I would recommend the job to others as well.
I have not much else to say about the job other than that honestly.
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Felt lured in by promises of great pay. Instead given unrealistic drives and assignments strewn across the valley. Wish I had known before realizing my gas costs ate my paycheck.
Fun work place
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
Reviewed patient information via EMR. Work with Case Managers and Medical Directors. Answer phone calls. Be on time. The most enjoyable part is people were fun to work with.
great
Nurse Assustant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 30, 2017
I had a really great working relationship with this company and I was so sorry to see them go out of business I really enjoyed working with and for them over the years.
Pros
great co. to work for.
Cons
sorry to see end.
Good people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 1, 2017
Horizon Home Health has flexible hours, able to pick up extra people/hours, patient-friendly, and able to work at your own pace.
Pros
Mileage check
Cons
The pay
Ups and downs
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OH 45377January 26, 2017
You were responsible for your own scheduling of your patients. The best part of the day was seeing your patients and knowing you made a difference in a life that otherwise may not have happened for them. The hardest part of the job was when you lose a patient to death or they no longer need your services
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
low case load, management didn't really care about you
Productive and fun co workers
Medical Billing Assistant/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
We have to arrive at work at exactly 8:45 or if you arrive one minute late you will have 30 mins. deduction . I have learned how to do medical billing and process payroll and some data entry. Even if I'm not that fast in typing, I make sure that I finish my job right. I get along with my co workers. We all eat together at lunch and everybody's approachable in case you need help . The hardest part of the job is that since they're cost cutting, they added more duties but they lessen my days of work.
productive.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Fast past, work hard, fun. Learn how to check vitals, take clients to doctor visits. Light cleaning, food preparation. Busy and over all a good place to work .
Pros
learn alot
Cons
no benefits and dont pay enough
Great company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHApril 24, 2016
Great company, great co-workers.
The clinical department and schedulers are always helpful and follow through when needed. Patient care is always a priority.
Easy going place to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Horizon is a Home Health Company. You can choose where you want to drive and decide what cases that you do or do not want to take. Management is easy going and fair.

I would not use this company as my only means of income. We have taken several wage cuts over the past several years and more are expected to come due to Medicare and Medicaid cuts.
Pros
Choose your patients and/or location
Cons
Drastic wage decreases without ample notice
Loving company to provide home health care for patients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
I visit patients and provide health care or household duties need in their home. The hours and days depends on the health need of the patient.
amazing people to work with
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 27, 2015
My typical day as a CNA was very, busy. Some days I would start at 7:00 in the morning and go until 10;00 at night. I went from home-to-home taking care of home bound, senior citizens. Giving personal care, and light housekeeping. I love my job, because I got to meet and help so many people who were so dependent on remaining independent. I learned how one person could make such a difference in someone else life. Best work environment. Always some type of appreciation for the CNA's. parties, incentives. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone got along, and loved each other. the hardest part of my day was, that it could be very tiresome. Most enjoyable part of my day, was meeting the seniors.
Pros
Inventives
Cons
pay
horizon
STNA (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 22, 2015
it was a very good place to work wasn't tied down to one area. loved to travel loved my co workers my management and loved my job out and out.
Culturaly dominated
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2015
Worked in the field the majority of the time. Learned how to be proficient with wound vacs and blood draws. When you work in a persons home, your on your own. This forced me to be independent and trust my skills.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Not alot of full time work
Loved This Job
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 4, 2015
Assisted in the examination and treatment of patients, ran errands, administered medication, cleaned patients homes,cooked, and assisted in personal hygiene. I learned a lot about different types of mental disabilities and how to handle people with different disabilities. Management was great I had no problems, I worked only with my client I had no co-workers. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the clients loud outbursts it was sometimes hard to get her calm I soon learned going on walks helped her whine down. I enjoy learning how deal with people with all disabilities.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Day in The Life of a Home Health RN
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2014
I work Per Diem at Horizon Home Health; I will get called daily with various assignments from medication teaching to wound care, etc. The best thing about my job is that I get to be with the patient in the home setting-the best setting for healing and growth. The hardest part of my job is accommodating to everyone's varying schedules, but I make it work. My coworkers and management staff are great! They have helped me grow as a manager and leader, to work independently and efficiently while maintaining best practice principles.
Providing Nursing care to patient's in the home setting.
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 25, 2014
I would go out to see patient's in their homes, once they discharged from the hospital. It involved administration of IV antibiotics, PICC line care, foley catheter care and assessment, medication teaching, disease process teaching and management, skilled observation and assessment, along with lab draws. It involved collaborating with doctors via phone to provide optimal care to patients. Once patient care was provided, processing and charting would be done on each patient. As an assistant director, I had to check the charting of Nurse's out in the field to make sure that it would be billed properly by Medicare and other insurance companies.
Pros
Patient care and Nursing skills
Cons
lots of driving and mileage.
Working with patients in there own home
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2014
I love taking care of people who are in need. Horizon home health is A great company to work for with its friendly staff.
Pros
seeing a smile on the patients face and there family
Cons
It can be a very sad job.You must be A physically and mentally strong person