Horizon Home Health Employee Reviews in United States

Easy going place to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Horizon is a Home Health Company. You can choose where you want to drive and decide what cases that you do or do not want to take. Management is easy going and fair.

I would not use this company as my only means of income. We have taken several wage cuts over the past several years and more are expected to come due to Medicare and Medicaid cuts.
Pros
Choose your patients and/or location
Cons
Drastic wage decreases without ample notice
Loving company to provide home health care for patients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
I visit patients and provide health care or household duties need in their home. The hours and days depends on the health need of the patient.
amazing people to work with
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 27, 2015
My typical day as a CNA was very, busy. Some days I would start at 7:00 in the morning and go until 10;00 at night. I went from home-to-home taking care of home bound, senior citizens. Giving personal care, and light housekeeping. I love my job, because I got to meet and help so many people who were so dependent on remaining independent. I learned how one person could make such a difference in someone else life. Best work environment. Always some type of appreciation for the CNA's. parties, incentives. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone got along, and loved each other. the hardest part of my day was, that it could be very tiresome. Most enjoyable part of my day, was meeting the seniors.
Pros
Inventives
Cons
pay
horizon
STNA (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 22, 2015
it was a very good place to work wasn't tied down to one area. loved to travel loved my co workers my management and loved my job out and out.
Culturaly dominated
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2015
Worked in the field the majority of the time. Learned how to be proficient with wound vacs and blood draws. When you work in a persons home, your on your own. This forced me to be independent and trust my skills.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
not alot of full time work
Loved This Job
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 4, 2015
Assisted in the examination and treatment of patients, ran errands, administered medication, cleaned patients homes,cooked, and assisted in personal hygiene. I learned a lot about different types of mental disabilities and how to handle people with different disabilities. Management was great I had no problems, I worked only with my client I had no co-workers. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the clients loud outbursts it was sometimes hard to get her calm I soon learned going on walks helped her whine down. I enjoy learning how deal with people with all disabilities.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Day in The Life of a Home Health RN
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2014
I work Per Diem at Horizon Home Health; I will get called daily with various assignments from medication teaching to wound care, etc. The best thing about my job is that I get to be with the patient in the home setting-the best setting for healing and growth. The hardest part of my job is accommodating to everyone's varying schedules, but I make it work. My coworkers and management staff are great! They have helped me grow as a manager and leader, to work independently and efficiently while maintaining best practice principles.
Providing Nursing care to patient's in the home setting.
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 25, 2014
I would go out to see patient's in their homes, once they discharged from the hospital. It involved administration of IV antibiotics, PICC line care, foley catheter care and assessment, medication teaching, disease process teaching and management, skilled observation and assessment, along with lab draws. It involved collaborating with doctors via phone to provide optimal care to patients. Once patient care was provided, processing and charting would be done on each patient. As an assistant director, I had to check the charting of Nurse's out in the field to make sure that it would be billed properly by Medicare and other insurance companies.
Pros
patient care and nursing skills
Cons
lots of driving and mileage.
Working with patients in there own home
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2014
I love taking care of people who are in need. Horizon home health is A great company to work for with its friendly staff.
Pros
seeing a smile on the patients face and there family
Cons
it can be a very sad job.you must be a physically and mentally strong person
They are very good with accomodating work schedule and time off.
Pediatric RN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMay 14, 2014
I enjoy working with pediatric patients. This company is well run and patients are well cared for by fellow nurses. There are not many perks. Standard health insurance coverage options.
Responsible and works hard not only for myself but the gratitude of others.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTDecember 24, 2013
A typical day at work varies so much. I never know what to expect because there are so many different jobs my current job entails.
I have assisted in managing the office and organizing marketing events.
I get along with everyone. I am a great team player, leader and value the my individualism is confident as well.
I Love to work wherever I am. Nevertheless, the hardest part of my job is juggling all the demands needed of me from my office supervisors, but I always get the job done.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. I believe a great work atmosphere makes no matter what difficult job rewarding.
Pros
happiness
Cons
mean people
New Experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTMay 2, 2013
Horizon Home Health was a new experience for me. Going into peoples homes was very different from working in a facility setting. Working as a HHA there were opportunities to really get to know your client. Have a relationship that was on a different level not only with the client, but also with the family members. There were always chances to learn and progress your skills. Working closely with Nurses is always a plus. I love feeding off of their knowledge.
Pros
new opportunities to learn and know different people
Cons
hours are cut a lot depending on patient load
Home Health Industry
Team/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2012
Fun office environment
Worked half of the time independently
Holiday pay bonus was given
Pros
fun work envrionment
Cons
coworkers that caused negativity in the workplace

4.4