Horizon Milling Employee Reviews

close to home
Packing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSJune 12, 2015
WORKING SWING SHIFTS VERY HARD..dealing with the heat,good place to work...........close to home..good management cares about their employees
Pros
good pay
Cons
swing shifts
Productive and Interesting place to work.
Sr Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany NYJanuary 28, 2015
On a daily basis I would enter production numbers from the previous day. I gained SAP experience and gained knowledge about how a flour mill works.
Great company
Assistant milling laborer/ Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2014
Great company great staff great insetives and benefits. Company shows and inter acts with local charities and non profit oganizations
Pros
safe work enviorment
Cons
under staffed
I really enjoyed working at Horizon Milling it was a great experience.
Maintanance (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXAugust 12, 2014
A typical day was repair and replace equipment that require work. In my experience I've learned to use a variety of hand tools, machinery, and safety precautions. Management was great with me and among my coworkers. The hardest part was working in a very hot environment, and what I enjoyed the most was the satisfaction of having complete a job well done.
Great company to work for
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2014
Great benefits, casual environment, nice co-wrokers. They really care about the lives of their employess.
Good place to work if one can stand a very dusty enviroment
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2013
This was a good place to work. This is the type of company that prides itself on safety but instead of being proactive their reactive. But over all this was a good place to work. I was a warehouse worker and that was full of challenges which that part I like. I was a hyster driver which was a huge part of what a warehouse worker does. I loaded and unloaded trucks done shipping and receiving. I stage pallets of product in overhead racks I also ran a palletizer. I was great at my job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
rotating shifts
Productive and fast paced work place
Miller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXDecember 5, 2012
I learned so many different things when troubleshooting with the machinery, great place to work, amicable co-workers, and it was a growing company.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, paid lunch
Cons
sometimes it would be too busy to take my break or lunch
this company has' very good management
utilities (Former Employee) –  Sanbernardino CAJuly 5, 2012
it was a fun places, to work at good people'. the company has good benefits. and people like helping out. team outlook.
Great co workers
Miller/Operator (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXApril 3, 2012
This was a very fast paced job. I was here for three years that went by crazy fast. The pay was no were near the amount you needed to operate a seven story mill. When the tuff got going it kept goin. Some days you would go twelve hours without lunch, because the mill was down so a million dollar operation was at a stand still because you have to fix it. But all in all it was fast exciting and challenging the three things i love the most about a job.
Pros
time would fly, great coworkers, and descent benifits
Cons
none stop work, pushy bosses, and no time at home