Horizon Personnel Employee Reviews

Good place to work for
Administrative Assistant / Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 26, 2017
This company allows for learning on the job.

Each individual learns and gains their own knowledge and completes their own tasks as provided by management

The hardest part is being unable able to place every candidate
that walks thru the door.

The most enjoyable is placing as many as possible
Will never go back there unless the rude lady is totally fired from that place.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 4, 2016
This place really sucks. One of the onsight personnel lady is really rude and obnoxious. She picks her favorite workers. Those who she dislikes, she terminates them. Pretty much, she likes to F*#k people over.
Pros
Cons
Rude.
Great team!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2016
My experience with Horizon was, for the most part great. They really cared about the employees and clients. I have worked for other companies before and I have not found one to be better than the one I was registered with in Los Angeles.
Good place
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work was taking temperatures in the oven and take weightsome, then supervision at the mixer room, after take an example to the waffles, temperatures and weights, finally make a report every hour
N/a
QC Technician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 20, 2016
Its fine just new people came in its a little a bit different on some rules.they help me find a job fast.

I also like the fact they help with HR
Assembly work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OH 44092June 13, 2016
Worked for this agency for Swagelok, this was assembly work position. Standing on your feet for 8 to 10 hours is not easy, but it was a job.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Standing on your feet for 8 to 10 hours
No Room for advancement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 6, 2016
This place was an ok workplace if you're not interested in moving forward at your workplace nor overtime. Hard work is not acknowledged but they will have consistent work available being a temp agency.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Hard work not acknowledged ever
Productive and Great Promotion Opportunities
Front End Logistics (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very people oriented, everyone looked out for each other. It was very fun place to work, and was easy to get though the day. I learned a lot at this employment, such as driving a foklift and using a couple of new Microsoft Office programs. I had great co-workers that where always there with no hesitation to assist me when I needed help, and where very friendly.
Pros
Learning opportunities, no stress, efficient lunches and breaks
Cons
weekly hours at certain times, gossip throughout the company, Favoritism
this was a good temp company
BI/CI Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 29, 2015
This company placed at good locations that are full time, if you are looking for factory work this is the place to go. Friendly people.
it was short term
Inventory/Stock Clerk, Counting (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 9, 2015
typical stock work, descent hours, long lunches, other associates weren't much of communicative. working from 6am-3pm was beneficial, guaranteed hours and hourly wage

Want to know more about Horizon Personnel?

Ask a question
Still "Twisting in the Breeze"
Applicant (Former Employee) –  MentorMarch 18, 2015
At the Mentor location, they put you through all of the testing and the paperwork, and then NEVER RETURN A PHONE CALL or EMAIL. Don't bother with them. The most unprofessional group of people I've ever dealt with, especially the so-called VP and "executive recruiter." You don't find good talent treating people with indifference and no class behavior. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Unprofessional and insincere
Busy, fun atmosphere
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHNovember 20, 2014
Recruiting, customer service, calls, faxes, payroll.
I am covering multiple positions, Staffing Coordinator, Payroll, Administrative Assistant.
work inverment good
LINE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 28, 2014
the management was wounderful and the co-workers were friendly
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
breaks are short
Awesome people
Office Assistant, Clerical Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 6, 2014
This place is awesome they are always finding me jobs, for me though I'm looking for perm. placement. I recommend this company to anyone and the Vice President is awesome she is very honest and tell you like it is which is good this day in age.
Complete Waste of Time
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 12, 2014
I, too, was sucked in by one of their "phantom" postings. I applied for a position that was already filled (yet no one bothered to remove the posting) but decided to go in and 'register' anyway. I'm familiar with staffing agencies and how most of them work and I have to say this is one of the WORST agencies I have come in contact with.

The recruiter that was assigned to me was pleasant enough in person but did not spend a lot of time with me. He asked that I allow him 2-3 days to find a suitable position for me and he stressed the importance of open communication between the two of us. Fair enough.

Since my appointment, he called me once to tell me about a possible opportunity. Because I am currently working full time I, unfortunately, missed his call. When I called back I left a voicemail. I've since called countless times just to check in. He NEVER returns calls and when I finally reached him, he offered a line of BS of how he's still keeping his 'eye out' for me. I know that line because I've given candidates that line before.

I sincerely doubt I will want to work with them in the future and suggest that if you're looking for a helpful, friendly and aggressive agency that will work FOR you as well as WITH you, keep looking.
Pros
Pleasant to talk with in person
Cons
After your appointment, you will likely never hear from them again
it was hard for me when it came to comunication
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAFebruary 11, 2014
when i worked there i had a language barrier, i spoke english and very little Spanish. most everyone who worked there only spoke Spanish.
Not Typical General Labor
Temporary Positions (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 28, 2013
very simple and tedious work, definitely lacking any challenge.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, tedious, lied to in interviews, lack of growth possibilities
Productive place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 28, 2013
Overall I liked working here, whether I was working alone or with a group of maybe at most 6 people in a line. We would help each other out in our days tasks so that we meet our daily goal that has been set for us.
Nice Staffing Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 24, 2013
Most days I answered the phone, greeted clients, extensive filing of clients info, made calls to clients to update personal info. I learned accounts p/r while at this company. Everyone was very nice and pleasant. i hardest part was not being able to work there as a full time employee because the positions were only temporary.
Productive positive enviornment
General labor/machine operator (Former Employee) –  Highland HeightsJune 20, 2013
• Practiced General labor
• Housekeeping
• Operated gasket loading machinery
• Sorted different types of gasket parts
• Completed required forms for daily production
• Entered required information for daily production into computer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3