Horizon Personnel Employee Reviews

Complete Waste of Time
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 12, 2014
I, too, was sucked in by one of their "phantom" postings. I applied for a position that was already filled (yet no one bothered to remove the posting) but decided to go in and 'register' anyway. I'm familiar with staffing agencies and how most of them work and I have to say this is one of the WORST agencies I have come in contact with.

The recruiter that was assigned to me was pleasant enough in person but did not spend a lot of time with me. He asked that I allow him 2-3 days to find a suitable position for me and he stressed the importance of open communication between the two of us. Fair enough.

Since my appointment, he called me once to tell me about a possible opportunity. Because I am currently working full time I, unfortunately, missed his call. When I called back I left a voicemail. I've since called countless times just to check in. He NEVER returns calls and when I finally reached him, he offered a line of BS of how he's still keeping his 'eye out' for me. I know that line because I've given candidates that line before.

I sincerely doubt I will want to work with them in the future and suggest that if you're looking for a helpful, friendly and aggressive agency that will work FOR you as well as WITH you, keep looking.
Pros
pleasant to talk with in person
Cons
after your appointment, you will likely never hear from them again
What a Joke
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OhioMay 3, 2013
This staffing company attracts the bottom feeders and everyone knows this. Sure, they may be able to get you a temporary general labor job for $9, but then you are left unemployed. The only reason this company is still open is for their relationship with Swagelok, and the fact that their bill and pay rates are so low. The owner, Daniel Schivitz is arrogant, and the manager Mike Siatkowski is an idiot. Their actual employees (recruiters) don't actually "work" or have any drive to do so for themselves let alone you. Their recruiters are unethical and lie to anyone calling in or interviewing. Positions posted do not even exist, they just want your resume. This company does not have any relationships with other companies, and just trying to use your resume to make that connection. Stay far away from this company.
Cons
read review above
Still "Twisting in the Breeze"
Applicant (Former Employee) –  MentorMarch 18, 2015
At the Mentor location, they put you through all of the testing and the paperwork, and then NEVER RETURN A PHONE CALL or EMAIL. Don't bother with them. The most unprofessional group of people I've ever dealt with, especially the so-called VP and "executive recruiter." You don't find good talent treating people with indifference and no class behavior. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
unprofessional and insincere
Nice Staffing Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 24, 2013
Most days I answered the phone, greeted clients, extensive filing of clients info, made calls to clients to update personal info. I learned accounts p/r while at this company. Everyone was very nice and pleasant. i hardest part was not being able to work there as a full time employee because the positions were only temporary.
Productive place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 28, 2013
Overall I liked working here, whether I was working alone or with a group of maybe at most 6 people in a line. We would help each other out in our days tasks so that we meet our daily goal that has been set for us.
Awesome people
Office Assistant, Clerical Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 6, 2014
This place is awesome they are always finding me jobs, for me though I'm looking for perm. placement. I recommend this company to anyone and the Vice President is awesome she is very honest and tell you like it is which is good this day in age.
Pros
everything
found a job for me quickly
Tax Processing (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 19, 2012
It was only a temp position for tax season. Covered breaks for receptionist and helped prepare the processed returns to be submitted.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
was only a temp position
The Job was OK
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHApril 16, 2012
Enjoyed the work but the pay could of been better. Also i didnt like that u really didnt have job security especially when your a temp.
Pros
free lunches
it was short term
Inventory/Stock Clerk, Counting (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 9, 2015
typical stock work, descent hours, long lunches, other associates weren't much of communicative. working from 6am-3pm was beneficial, guaranteed hours and hourly wage
Productive positive enviornment
General labor/machine operator (Former Employee) –  Highland HeightsJune 20, 2013
• Practiced General labor
• Housekeeping
• Operated gasket loading machinery
• Sorted different types of gasket parts
• Completed required forms for daily production
• Entered required information for daily production into computer
it was hard for me when it came to comunication
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAFebruary 11, 2014
when i worked there i had a language barrier, i spoke english and very little Spanish. most everyone who worked there only spoke Spanish.
Not Typical General Labor
Temporary Positions (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 28, 2013
very simple and tedious work, definitely lacking any challenge.
Pros
pay
Cons
breaks, tedious, lied to in interviews, lack of growth possibilities
work inverment good
LINE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 28, 2014
the management was wounderful and the co-workers were friendly
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
breaks are short
Busy, fun atmosphere
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHNovember 20, 2014
Recruiting, customer service, calls, faxes, payroll.
I am covering multiple positions, Staffing Coordinator, Payroll, Administrative Assistant.
short term
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMay 2, 2012
not long term dont ffind much work and trying to do what they can to find what they can