Horizon Services Employee Reviews

Liars
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAAugust 28, 2016
Do not work for them. Their non-compete is bull sh...t. They put it in with your insurance papers and don't even give you a chance to look at it before signing although it says you can get advice from a lawyer before signing it. Their contract has a flaw so they can't really do anything. It's all about sales not service at all.
Pros
They have a great training program.
Cons
Long hours.
They do not live up to their advertisements
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 5, 2016
Complete lack of communication, phone system is terrible, promises of advancement with each work load increase with only a followup, if you're lucky, of we're sorry we have to hire outside the company. They do stand behind their 100% satisfaction guarantee. But the technicians are pressured with arriving on time and over worked and getting the job done right the first time is occasional because of it. CEOs are more concerned with expansion and falling short on customer service. Employees are made to work through their breaks and ever since the company opened 24hrs their promise of working 1 weekend a month turned into you get 1 weekend off a month.
Pros
Monthly incentive offer
Cons
Rarely meet the quota for incentives, expensive benefits, managers only care about numbers not employees
no job security, poor dispatching and poor managment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 14, 2016
Hvac maintenance tech for almost 3yrs. everything is all about selling to the customer....the training you see they advertise......is all about selling to the customer. this job is NOT for a family man. you are forced to work very long hours with out knowing your schedule from day to day. dispatch is all messed up and basically your day ends when they say your done. Absolutely NO JOB SECURITY! be prepared to be a salesman FIRST.....then tech! the majority of the techs are good guys who are trained/brainwashed into selling things that aren't always needed in order meet the numbers they are required to hit everyday. any system over 10yrs old....your trained to convince the customer they need to replace their system. IF YOU DONT HIT THE QUOTA........NO JOB FOR YOU!
Pros
overtime, bonus evey month (for selling things)
Cons
no job security, extremely long hours, expensive benefits
yearly events are nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAJune 2, 2016
Glad to have had a job, no room for growth, but plenty of events to participate in. Not impressed. Poor communication and poor benefits that all top management can afford and not so affordable for everyone else. No sick time little vacation.
not a technical company
HVAC tech (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 25, 2016
your co-workers are great from the warehouse to the service techs. managment is awesome, when youre selling but they threaten your job daily when youre not. people were getting fired left and right when it was the hardest winter we have had in years, 70 deegres on christman. 95% of the training is on sales and how to sell a product.
Pros
events
Cons
no job security
Worked long hours
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORMarch 8, 2016
Found a lot of errors with documentation, had to work long hours, for months I did not receive any days off, I hardly got to spend any time with my children. because of the long unpredictable hours I had to pay a lot out of pocket for daycare. sometimes understaffed. Not enough supplies, not very good communication between staff.
Horrible place of employment Scams customers
plumber (Former Employee) –  DelawareDecember 20, 2015
Was a plumber for this disgusting establishment for 3 years. The primarily scam customers to thinking they need to purchase a 10,000 dollar unit when clearly a minor part is broken.
Pros
Cons
pay, benefits, scams
Excellent workplace and relaxed vibe
Shipyard Welder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 9, 2015
Productive workplace, but not too strenuous. Coworkers were very fun to be around and work with. They helped cultivate your skills and help you grow as a person.
Pros
Safe work enviroment
Cons
Business couldn't stay open
Productive and fun work place.
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
No job security nor enough work to survive with a family.
Installer (Former Employee) –  norristown, paNovember 13, 2015
Good for a bachelor not for someone with a family. The company has no regards for their employees. I got evicted due to horizon services and not having work.
great work environment
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 2, 2015
great work place safe and friendly atmosphere great for work development and communication between management and employee and helped improve work skills
Customers
Dispatcher& Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the customers with exceptional experience and making the customers happy.
not to good of a workplace
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 9, 2015
it was okay i like it but the staff members were kinda mean i always had problems with them. The pay was okay though and the benefits were okay as well
Good work place
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 10, 2015
THE job was great and I learn a lot. The supervisors had good attitudes.My co-workers and I work well together. The difficult part of work was working in confine spaces and that was really tough.
Pros
learned a trade
Cons
not a permanent assignment
Fast paced, never a dull moment.
Pa Service Coordinator/ Dispacther (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PADecember 16, 2014
Scheduling Appts for customers
Dispatched Over 130 technicians to their calls daily
Made daily schedules geographically for over 130 technicians
Resolved customer concerns
Pros
free gym and yoga
Cons
no accountability
Productive company
Labor Coordinator/Safety /Competent person (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2014
We are contractors for the U.S. Navy ships. I work with a lot of great people that have become like family. I have learned to read blueprints, management, safety, gas free engineer, and so much more. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the government on a day to day basis with all the regulations that change often.
Pros
the people
Cons
long hours, seven days a week, and contract work (layoffs)
Like,no benefits
helper (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 21, 2013
there were,good days and bad.I had alot of on the job training,good work enviroment,the hardest part was traveling
Pros
noone, stood over you'er back
Cons
heaithcare
Not a great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 30, 2013
No such thing as job security at the company. Great co-workers, poor management.
working in the shipyard is stable
MF&B Marine 1st class Shipfitter/Structural fitter (Current Employee) –  norfolk virginiaAugust 4, 2013
I do a hard days work for what some would say is decent money. I am a subcontractor so I don't expect but so much growth in a company. I work hard to make a name for myself, that's why I have no problem finding work.
Pros
always has work
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for
Quality Control Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2013
For short-cycle home product sales, (HVAC, home improvements, etc.), it is as good a company to work for as you are going to find in the tri-state area. My coworkers were friendly, the sales management group is excellent, and there isn't a whole lot of red tape.There was a lot of room to grow and management had a hands-off approach which allowed me to grow my position more than at other companies I had worked for, and my work performance excelled as a result of that freedom.

Unfortunately, while I excelled at my job, I did not excel at office politics (which are rife at Horizon). Performance takes a back seat to vertical management, and there were suspicious personnel decisions made that seemed like they had nothing to do with business. In retrospect, my advice would be to simply suspend disbelief at poor management decision-making rather than attempt to seek answers (you won't get any and if you push too far it could cost you your job).
Pros
great pay, benefits, not a lot of micromanagement
Cons
hr was terrible, lot of back-stabbing/office politics

2.2