Horizon Services

Horizon Services Employer Reviews

Like,no benefits
helper (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 21, 2013
Pros: noone, stood over you'er back
Cons: heaithcare
there were,good days and bad.I had alot of on the job training,good work enviroment,the hardest part was traveling
Not a great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), DelawareAugust 30, 2013
No such thing as job security at the company. Great co-workers, poor management.
working in the shipyard is stable
MF&B Marine 1st class Shipfitter/Structural fitter (Current Employee), norfolk virginiaAugust 4, 2013
Pros: always has work
Cons: short breaks
I do a hard days work for what some would say is decent money. I am a subcontractor so I don't expect but so much growth in a company. I work hard to make a name for myself, that's why I have no problem finding work.
Great company to work for
Quality Control Manager, Sales (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits, not a lot of micromanagement
Cons: hr was terrible, lot of back-stabbing/office politics
For short-cycle home product sales, (HVAC, home improvements, etc.), it is as good a company to work for as you are going to find in the tri-state area. My coworkers were friendly, the sales management group is excellent, and there isn't a whole lot of red tape.There was a lot of room to grow and management had a hands-off approach which allowed me – more... to grow my position more than at other companies I had worked for, and my work performance excelled as a result of that freedom.

Unfortunately, while I excelled at my job, I did not excel at office politics (which are rife at Horizon). Performance takes a back seat to vertical management, and there were suspicious personnel decisions made that seemed like they had nothing to do with business. In retrospect, my advice would be to simply suspend disbelief at poor management decision-making rather than attempt to seek answers (you won't get any and if you push too far it could cost you your job). – less
Detox Assistant (Former Employee), san leandro, caJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: lot of overtime
Cons: no room for advancemant
was a good place to work, enjoyed working with the clients in getting from detoxing to going into a program
Company shut down
District Manager/Manufacturer Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, ARJune 25, 2012
Pros: love to travel.
Cons: long days and short home life.
Manufacture Rep in the Richmond VA area. Vendor in Lowe home improvement store in the Richmond and Hampton Roads Area. Most be a road warrior to do this job. Company closed down lost contract.
Productive and very energetic place.
Truck Driver/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2012
I learned many things working here, never was a big cooker and they gave me experience.
Great Place to work
In Home Sales (Former Employee), Exton, PAMay 10, 2012
Learned a lot about the commercial side of plumbing all co workers were very team oriented and always willing to help.
Good pay but no job security
Would rather not reveal (Current Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2011
This company does a lot for the community and plans many events for the employees. The pay is good but you go to work each day worried that you will not have a job much longer. The turnover rate is very high and you are usually left with no choice but to work extra or different shifts to pick up the slack. Most departments require you to work weekends – more... and holidays. Since they consider themselves and emergency service company you will be expected to work during state of emergencies as well regardless of the risk. They do not take absences lightly, therefore it is not recommended for anyone with children. If you miss 3 days over the course of a year you will be fired. This includes needing to leave early or arrive late. – less
productive and fun workplace
Environmental consultancy (Current Employee), puneJune 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
i am always enjoying my work. my co-workers is very co-operative. i am learned lot of thing related to my work.