HORIZON Employee Reviews

very good learning
1st class ship fitter (Former Employee) –  Bayou La Batre, ALJanuary 2, 2017
very good place to work the pay could be better but for someone starting in this work its cool to work there. i would tell others to try it.
Good company, poor management
dont answer (Former Employee) –  DelawareNovember 7, 2016
Horizon is a good company to work for if you are a technician. You can make a great salary. The benefits are expensive, with very high deductibles.
Cons
healthcare
Fun place but not aTechnical company.More sales
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  MT. LOctober 27, 2016
Fun Place to work and management is great. Great training but very sales driven. If you are more technical than this isn't the place for you but if you are a good salesman you can make a lot of money.
Employee functions nice, free monthly lunches
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 21, 2016
The communication is poor, salary compensation is insulting and management can be hostile and extremely difficult to work with. The customer prices increase but the services offered do not change. Every salesperson is expected to sell products even when customers do not need the parts.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Communication, hostile, complete customer rip offs
can be unstable
Installer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 5, 2016
typical day at work is very fast pace that is if you ever want to get home as an employee you have alot on youre shoulders any mistake is frowned upon very much no matter how good your other 364 days of the year went.
Pros
summer time very busy very good chance to make good money
Cons
to many employees only 2 or 3 months of the year are busy enough to keep all installers working
Installer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 29, 2016
Horizon is one of the biggest HVAC companies in the Tri-state area. They care about their customers and their employees. I was always treated with the upmost respect while working there and they also required us to under go training every week to keep us up to date on all of our knowledge about HVAC.
Excellent culture
Co-Founder and CTO (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 23, 2016
HSG LLC is dedicated to maximizing technological services between providers and customers. We have created a platform that minimizes service interruptions, bureaucracy and payment hustles. We guarantee that we have affordable prices and quality services unmatched by our competition. Our team is a collection of people with specialities spanning from data science and computer engineering to marketing and sales. It is our mission to bring the best experience to our customers.
productive and fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
It was a learning experience now i have the tools to go farther in my work in the future I will do my work More efficient and i Will in joy doing it
Owner (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 18, 2016
Great experience and culture. Learned importance of customer service, product delivery and financial management. Great work life balance and flexibility.
Not what it seems on the comnercial
Demand tech (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2016
Management is horrible. They only care about themselves looking good to upper management at your expense. Csr's promise clients the world to get techs out to their home, even if techs can't provide the service. Dispatchers can't read a map to schedule calls even remotely in a general area. They send a tech that lives in one area to an area sometimes 3 hrs away to an area where another tech lives. The techs pass each other going in the opposite direction. Management only rewards techs that " hard sell" to clients, even if they are forcing people to believe their system has a refrigerant leak or a cracked heat exchanger. Most of them don't. If the tech doesn't do this, the company takes a portion of their pay. Their prices are insane on parts and installations of equipment. Company has alot of unnecessary overhead.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Many unpaid hours

Want to know more about HORIZON?

Ask a question
Manager (Former Employee) –  CamdenJuly 18, 2016
Horizon, was a great workplace overall. I would still be there if ownership would not have changed. Great place of work.
Pros
Friendly
Benefits
I've worked next to the most amazing people. Not very excited about the communication and benefits
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 2, 2016
Horizon is a great company to work for if you are a male with little to no knowledge of heating cooling or plumbing. Co-owner yells at his employees leaving them in tears, or quitting right away. No opportunity of growth although there are lots of promises to nurture ones career. Keeping your head down with little attention to oneself is a safe way to keep your job. Horizon spends lots of money on events for employees such as a Casino night included with a night in a hotel in Philly , a day at Hershey Park, and a Breakfast with Santa filled with toys and activities for the kids, but employees benefits are so expensive that entry level employees can not afford it. No sick time, and when calls are heavy for their call center they make the employees skip their breaks, although they do provide lunch. Lunch usually consist of pizza and wings forcing everyone to eat junk, gain weight, but then penalize employees if BMI levels are above a certain point. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you receive a paycheck and right now that keeps most people where they are.
Pros
paid for activities
tooo big of a push for sales for me
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 24, 2016
did not seem to care what you know on the technical end, more worried about how much you can sale. weather this is a good or bad thing its just not something im good at. im not a salesman
Pros
anual events
Cons
if you dont sale you dont stay
Productive and Exciting Place To Work
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 18, 2016
I love this job and the people I work with as well as the customers. Like every job there are a few bad eggs but the people you will work with would give you the shirt off their backs. Management is always in contact with its employees, there is tons and tons of training one has available to them from irrigation and chemicals to outdoor lighting. If you work hard, are a people person, keep a smile and don't sweat the small stuff this is a company that will do their best to ensure you get raises and promotions.
Pros
Fun, lots of knowledge about products, management cares, benefits, PTO, paid holidays
Cons
Benefits could be better and not cost so much.
Independent employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 2, 2016
Learn how to work independently as a third shift cashier. Hard part was working alone at night as a convenient store clerk. Had to be very aware of customers entering and exiting the store premises.
great company
Plumber Helper (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJApril 25, 2016
loved working there hope to return soon, great team,,, learned alot from plumbing to sales. Received a lot of overtime, great place for oppuritunity
Positive work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORApril 11, 2016
Positive work place and they work around school or other jobs you many have. love working with all my co-workers, everyone was friendly. everything was on a routine did the same thing everyday.
Pros
get to help elderly/disabled folks do everyday acivties
Cons
no breaks
Horizon L.L.C
Abrasive Blaster (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2016
Horizon is a temporary service that I worked through and I was able to utilize my skills . I did abrasive blasting and painting.
Plant engineer was a ggod individual who took time to discuss processes before implementation
Maintenance Manager - Mechanical Division (Former Employee) –  Mustang, NVMarch 10, 2016
This is a good workplace and a great employer. There was little opr no stress if you did your job and stayed in the line with policies put in place for your safety.
Pros
nice working environment and facility
Cons
Long commute to town
HVAC Technician
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 8, 2016
Work remotely on HVAC equipment for Central Florida, good company. They supported me with all logistic necessary, good communication working alone.
Pros
Work when I wanted
Cons
Worked by myself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HORIZON. Our community is ready to answer.