HORIZON Employee Reviews

Little Caesars on Horizon S Pkwy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAOctober 15, 2017
Management was great. You get discounts, on top of that you get free pizza if they ever come out the oven all messed up.Lunchtime is faster than morning, and then it get slower as the night goes on.
productive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 3, 2017
learned a lot its a great place to start your maintenance mechanic expirience.
i liked how we would work as a team all maintenance.
the hard part was when you needed to to a 2 man job by yourself and that would happen alot.
Pros
coworkers and all the people are nice
Cons
management sucks for maintenance
Comfortable work place
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 2, 2017
I was at this job for 10yrs before I was laid off in June 2013. I have no complaints about this company. I was a claims auditor who recap overpayments or full payments that paid incorrectly. We were allowed to listen to music on headphones long as the job required was completed at the end of the day.
It was my first job and overall it was a decent job to get a little pay at that age
Daycare and maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I would help little kids with art, learning, responsibility etc. I would also assist the staff/employees with anything they needed . I did maintenance which involved moving heavy objects, rearranging, cleaning, organizing ect.
Just not for me
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I was not happy with the job, the amount of stress it caused on my body, the pay was not enough for the time and type of work your doing. It's a necessary service that many people need and use but it just wasn't what I wanted to do. You don't get mileage and depending on the number of hours you want, you may have several clients. It's a lot of driving and clients will ask you to do things not in Care plan.
Cons
No mileage paid
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 29, 2017
Horizon BCBS is a highly stressful job and very poor management. High turnover rate and people leave within 6 months to 1 year. You get health, dental, vision. Healthcare is extremely expensive for employee who work for the health insurance company. There are lower healthcare packages but (you get what you pay for) you only get 20 days of PTO. That includes sick vacation personal in one lump sum. Once you use it all and if you have to call out for an emergency if you have no days left you get terminated. ( use your days wisely)
Pros
on site gym facility, on site cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, micro management, stressful environment, high cost healthcare
steady work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 24, 2017
I liked the work here at horizon, I worked in the cranberry NJ location that they have. The work was steady but not consistent, it was a temp job and I ended up having to take another assignment as this did not always provide me with a sufficient t check to take care of my household.
Pros
air conditoning
Cons
short breaks
Did not like the pay.
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
Responsible for transporting patience. Assisted patience with getting dressed. Assisted patience with bathing. Administerd medication. Prepared meals, washed clothes. House hold cleaning
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Dealing with others bodily fluids & pay wasn't good
working toward improvments
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 16, 2017
Horizon is a great company to work for, they have a great future ahead of them as they continue to improve. They are currently at a CMMI maturity Level 3. They also have certifications for multiple ISO standards. The down side is that it is mostly contracting work, and while this is usually not a problem, Contracts do come to an end. Depending where the company is at when a contract ends, there may not be a position for you.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
contracts end
I liked it because it was fast paced work and you would never bored well I wasn't bored I liked what I did
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pheonix azAugust 8, 2017
It's easy work if you like working in the heat doing Construction and you learn the skills while working with them that's how I learned how to use the forklift and scissor lift show me how to deal with the heat and work in a fast-paced while working in the heat you can never look like you're not doing something that's always work

Want to know more about HORIZON?

Ask a question
Always willing to take a challenge.
Industrial Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed going to facilities and helping customers for solution with automation and controls. Did or helped with customer applications. I would help them find the right solution for what they are trying to achieve with controls.
Pros
New customers and different types of manufacturing.
It is a good company with A OK management
Controller (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 22, 2017
Fisk Electric is a very old Electrical Contractor with division in most of the south, since it was acquired by Tutor Perini Corporation, it has been in decline as a business organization and much more so as an employer
Pros
Used to share its profits
Cons
It no longer does
Not impressed with their overall work ethics
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 19, 2017
Supervisor that is on site is only available a few hours a week. Staff is only recognized by a number not individually. Other co-workers make it an unpleasant place to work.
Cons
not listening to their employees
Strong work ethics pay off
Sales (Former Employee) –  DelApril 12, 2017
Good place to work as a whole, certain management needs extensive help in learning how to deal with people. If you're looking for on going recognition and appreciation, be very selective on which department you choose.
Pros
Different Roles
Cons
No communication between departments, loss of pay regularly
Horizon
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
It was a good company to work for but it was allowed to Fusion going on you never know what day to come in for work it have a set schedule . You never really had a set time when you was about to leave especially for the ones who do not have that on car who had to wait on other people.
Pros
Sure
Cons
Care
very productive
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72901March 27, 2017
I loved this job, because I love helping others, hardest thing in this field was dealing with drug addicts. Enjoyed coworkers and the work environment.
Pros
free lunch
Horizon
Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 21, 2017
On a typical day I start work at 6:30 am. I inspect items being received into our facility. I enjoy working with my co-workers. I learn new things as we receive new product, and as we change procedures.
very good learning
1st class ship fitter (Former Employee) –  Bayou La Batre, ALJanuary 2, 2017
very good place to work the pay could be better but for someone starting in this work its cool to work there. i would tell others to try it.
Good company, poor management
dont answer (Former Employee) –  DelawareNovember 7, 2016
Horizon is a good company to work for if you are a technician. You can make a great salary. The benefits are expensive, with very high deductibles.
Cons
healthcare
Fun place but not aTechnical company.More sales
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  MT. LOctober 27, 2016
Fun Place to work and management is great. Great training but very sales driven. If you are more technical than this isn't the place for you but if you are a good salesman you can make a lot of money.