Hormel Foods Corporation

Hormel Foods Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Fast paced production facility.
Production Mechanic (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: no set shifts. you could be working 3 different shifts in one week.
Hormel Foods is a good place to work. They provide benefits and a competitive wage. That being said, they are a fortune 500 company and it is all about the money coming in. People, for some reason, are not as valuable as they should be, to the corporate managers.
Exciting and challenging work environment
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), MinnesotaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fast pace environment.
Cons: long hours.
New opportunities to learn occur everyday which allow you to quickly learn the industry. Expect occasional weekend work and long hours.
Great Culture with long hours
o Production Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee), Dubuque, IowaFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. Great culture and great atmosphere. There are a lot of new lines coming into this plant with a lot of opportunity with long hours.
Enjoyed working as the first point of contact
Corporate Switchboard Operator & Administrative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: representing the company, job security & benefits, working fulltime
Cons: sometimes meeting company deadlines is a challenge but i strive to complete daily
The front desk requires 110 % effort in making sure that Customers, Clients, and Vendors, are confortable and taken care of.
That is the most important position within the company as it is a reflection of the company.
Handling the switchboard, US POSTAL needs, Fedex shipping needs, copy projects, and misc. duties in helping other depts.
But, most importantly is helping the people who come to visit and meet with company representives on different levels.

Also, enjoy being a team player with those who also strive to reach company goals.
Sometimes, multi tasking can be a challenge, but I always make the effort to complete daily task in a professional manner.
Overall a wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant - HR Office (Current Employee), Fremont, NEAugust 26, 2014
Amazing benefits and competitive wages.
Nice and relaxed work environment.
Very knowledgeable co-workers, always willing to assist with questions.
Fun workplace
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee), Austin, MNMay 24, 2014
Good stable company with excellent benefits. Maintenance structure at a plant level if hit or miss. The job is a high stress on the go environment. I learned a lot about maintenance and reliability of equipment.
Good Company to work for.
Marketing Director, Grocery Products / MegaMex (Current Employee), Orange, CAMarch 13, 2014
The overall experience I have had a Hormel Foods is good. People care about you. It feels like family.
Hormel Foods is a outstanding company to work for.
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Austin, MNDecember 16, 2013
Hormel Foods and Top Tier, 5 star, Highest quality Food Producer in the industry. These are the BEST of the BEST.
Hormel is a multi national company who only promotes from within..
Regional Accounts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2013
Pros: only promoted from within.
Excellent company to work with and for, leadership was excellent.
Very busy and challenging. Satisfaction in resolving billing/invoicing issues.
Senior Sales Support Specialist (Promotion) (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2013
Fun sales office to work for; very friendly and all worked together quite well.
Productive and Stabile Work Environment
MEAT REFURBISHER (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJuly 23, 2013
Pros: walking, flexibility, stability
Cons: those not following regulations
The main part of my day involved walking the floors and exchanging knives with workers and also meat refurbishing. I enjoyed the position I was in.
Fast paced, hard working environment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, MNApril 17, 2013
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: work life balance
A typical day requires me to manage my current process, as well as employees. I must coordinate and update the daily/weekly schedule. It is my duty to order all supplies required to support my daily/weekly schedule. I try to create this schedule in the most efficient way as possible. Through out the day I maintain productivity and yields. As problems a rise in the process, I come up with solutions to address these issues. I provide adequate support to my 2nd shift counterpart so the department is as optimal as possible in all facets. Ultimately, I am responsible for maintaining a positive P&L in the department.
Unpleasant working environment in Greentree, PA
Sales rep. (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: some free meat
Cons: too much work for the pay, poor management at this location, uncomfortable office to work at
This office loses numerous admin. and sales workers because of poor management. It may be good at the corporate office, it is not a good place to work on Holiday Drive. There are several of us that will stay a short time and we do not plan on making Hormel Foods our career of choice.
Very Stable
Management (Former Employee), Austin, MNSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: very stable, opportunity for advancement
Cons: poor work/life balance
Overall great company very stable, very good training program, and great people to work with.
Very Hard place to work at.
Multivac Operator (Former Employee), Fremont NEMarch 4, 2012
Pros: union company, benifits, vac.
Cons: physical toll on a persons body over time.
This place paid very well. You had to work your way up. But while working on your way up you had to gain your seniority by the date you were hired. At times this was very hard because when people had more seniority then you, then you were down on the totem pole as they say. When things were like this then you as individual did not have a say over the rules.
great place to work, good pay, good break, and good people.
PRODUCTIO (Former Employee), AUSTIN, MNFebruary 3, 2012
this position involves use of whizzard knives, striaght knives, driving folklift and lot more.