Hormel Foods

Hormel Foods Employer Reviews

Hormel
Chili Cook/Meat Preparation (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits and holiday bonuses
Cons: company closing in stockton ca
Hormel foods is a great work place, that gave me ample opportunities to advance in my career. wish they would stay open here in Stockton.
Jason Leidall Roles and Responsibilities
Supervisor Ham Packaging Dept (Former Employee), Austin, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: awesome comp time program - great benefits and compensation-great meat sales program
Cons: lots of saturday work (seasonally)
I worked for Hormel from 1996 to 2002. I was a union worker from 1996 to 1999. It is where I was given my 1st opportunity in a management role. I worked 1st shift for about 2 years of my time, and the rest was on 2nd shift. Great leadership, I enjoyed the people I worked with. A typical day was from 1 or 2 p.m. to around 12 a.m. My co- workers were outstanding and we had good synergy and respect for one another. The most enjoyable part for me was the confidence that I had in my job based on the fact that I knew the system very well, and I understood how the company functioned. It really helped me excel in my new role. One of the struggles, were filling orders in the Ham packaging areas. It felt at times we had many equipment breakdowns making it difficult to hit production requirements from time to time.
Fast pace work enviroment
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, NEOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: distance traveled to and from work.
Typical day; getting set up for product to be run.Running packaging machinery.Working hand in hand with other employees to get product out in a timely and efficient manor. Working in a set detail to management requirements.Hardest part of the day was delays from machine brake downs causing loss in productivity.Best part of the day was seeing the work accomplished.
Fun job
Laborer (Former Employee), Knoxville, IaSeptember 9, 2014
I started off as packing the meat into their casings. When I went to days after 5 years then I would box, label and palatalize boxes. I could also use a fork truck to move racks full of meat or move them to clean them.
production
production (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: pay good
Cons: management sucks
pay was good. management not good.management lie on employees to cover their buts. sleeping with every employee that let them
Successful Company
Pork Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJuly 8, 2014
This company has great benefits for it's employees. While there are high expectations for work performance, one feels accomplished at the end of the day for all the hard work he/she put in.
Productive, informative on how a company is run able to work though out the plant.
Multivac Operator (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: bouns check every year.
Cons: no personally time off.
arrive a schedule time, get dressed in uniform, clock into the dept. I'm scheduled to work. Learned that their are about 20 different flavors of bacon. Management is not informative when ask a question about company or job you are preforming, never get a straight answer or act as if why are you interested. Many are not helpful, every man for themselves. The temp. some departments are 40 below and others are to hot. What I learn, that day. Always looking for something new.
Sanitation/Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Tucker,GeorgiaJune 24, 2014
Pros: company picnic
Cons: work hours
Fast Pace days most coworkers are team players mangement can sometimes put more on u than u can bare but over all its a good company
productive fun place to work good team work with co workers
Relief Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: had birtday cake onch month for whos birthday was that month
Cons: short handed when people would call in sick had to move people arount to fill jobs
HAD A GOOD SENCE OF BELONG SAFTY WAS ALWAYS NUMBER #1
A TYPICAL DAY WAS GET THE LINES STARTED ON TIME AND KEEPINGI IT RUNING KEEPING THE EMPLOY FOCES ON JOB AT HAND
I LEANDED HOW TO MAKE STEW HASH AND CHILI IN A TIMLY MATER
GOOD MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS SMALL TOWN FELL
HAD A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE
GOT ALONG WITH EVEYONE
No Advancement
Inside Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2014
Weak place to advance. Hourly won't get promoted to salary.
Ok place to work it's a packing house
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Fremont, NEApril 4, 2014
Pros: health care 401k stocks options
Cons: hard to grow with company.
Very hostile environment with some employees and upper management.
Hormel Foods
QC Auditor (Current Employee), Tucker, GAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: we have activities outside of work, free lunches and recognized for doing a good job.
I am a quality control technician at Hormel Foods, which is a food processing plant. My typical day at work will be to go in several assigned departments and perform quality checks such as weight control, temperature accuracy, label verification, as well as the quality of the finished product. I work along side production supervisors, plant managers, and superintendents. We have an awesome team at Hormel Foods, that strive to produce quality products to our customers by enforcing the importance of safe quality foods.
Consumer Product Sales Intern
Consumer Product Sales Internship (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great company with great benefits/pay
Cons: food industry
I was responsible for the release of a new snack tray in the Kansas City area. I oversaw 31 stores in which I implemented this product as well as sold in new items, regulated inventory, and checked in with grocery managers.
Most of the people were great to work around. Most of the equipment was in great condition.
Kill Floor Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Fremont NEFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: emolyment, end of year profit sharing pay check, supplied with as many tools and resources that you may need.
Cons: some individuals were not as dependable as they should have been.
I learned how to communicate with the language barrier of Spanish and English.
The hardest part of the job was from September first through Christmas, maintenance worked almost every day.
Supervisors worked with the mechanics instead of dictating what to do all of the time.
productive/fun great co-workers
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC/ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: working 6 to 7 days a week
My typical day at work: help mechanics set up, check all electrical systems before start up. stand by at start up, and any trouble
shooting or repair/replacement of motors,sensors,controlers,est. When all is good, continue my P.M. schedule. What had i learned, i worked with load cells, printers,labelers,est. Management, good bunch of people. Co-workers, great team. The hardest part of the job,was that there was no hardest part we all worked as a team to handle what ever came along. The most enjoyable part of my job was, keeping all systems up and running.
Excitement place to work with gains of skills
Floater/ Prebreak operator (Former Employee), Knoxville, IAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great breaks and lunches
Cons: great health packages
Each day filled with new gains of skills to learn to take with a person in their life ahead. Good coworkers and management team. If work as a floater you'll gain the knowledge of knowing Hormel jobs.
Hormel
Senior Customer Executive -Kroger Team (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Nice people to work with but management can be a bit rough depending on location
Food Production with excellent employment ethics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 3, 2013
Pros: the testing room where we tasted freshly made chili beans and corn beef
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work would be to support plant managers with overall efficiency information and reports, through data entry of daily worksheets, total daily production hours, downtime and any discrepancies experienced during production that may affect productivity. I increased my computer skills with excel formulas, graphs, reports and spreadsheets; Furthermore, obtained new experiences while having to filling in for various departments during employee’s absentees. I also accomplished excellent management skills through administrating, organizing, and prioritizing workflow to meet deadlines. Our office staff worked as a team and maintained a great working relationship. During slow season, but I normally assisted in various departments as needed to remain occupied.The most enjoyable part of this job was to expand my knowledge through various challenging work responsibilities.
Good Company
Production Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Fremont, NEOctober 8, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: upward mobility
I would recommend this company to everyone. They have a great compensation package.
Fun work place and they care about their employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Osceola, IAAugust 27, 2013
Set up production needs to meet with raw materials and orders to ship