Hormel Foods Employee Reviews

Played to many games with the employees
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 7, 2016
The place hired to many family and friends to work for them. This made it very uncomfortable to do anything. Because you sooner or later you where getting called in to the office.
Great earnings and benefits; "good ole boys"
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNDecember 5, 2016
The company offers a great compensation and benefits package. However, workplace diversity and work-life balance are awful. Because I worked in quality, I was not one of the most well-liked employees. My responsibilities sometimes cost the company time and money.
Interesting, good people
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNNovember 14, 2016
My job at Hormel was interesting, I enjoyed the people i worked with very much. The work life balance was a little too much. Having to work weekends a lot.
Good company to work for with great benefit packages!
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNOctober 31, 2016
All of the jobs are pretty easy to handle. Hormel cares about their employees by having the local union to represent them. Some of the benefits that Hormel offers are bonuses, 401k with company matching, and insurance.
Pros
Free monthly lunches for meeting safety goals.
Cons
Employees with seniority tend to be lazy.
productive, friendly enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2016
made sure all maintenance schedules for machines was complete. able to build and make improvements in equipment as soon as routine maintenance was complete. was compensated for performing extra duties. learned a'lot about packaging machines and conveyors excellent managers. and knowledgeable employees. hardest part of the job was swing shift every week 1st 2nd and 3rd shift.the most enjoyable part of the job was working in different departments on different machines
Pros
benefits, insurance and profit sharing
Cons
swing shift every week
Non-productive. Alot of time is waisted because machines constantly break down.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 21, 2016
The Beloit plant needs to be revised. Management are rude and disrespectful, especially to the new hires. They have a high turn over rate due to people being mistreated.
Pros
They always have overtime available so you can make good money.
Cons
Rude supervisors, No outside life, 15 hour days
Productive, healthy environment
Security and Compliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNSeptember 16, 2016
Enjoy working at this company. Great products and great people! Open communication between departments and management.
Good pay and OK benefits
Maintenance Specialist/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 24, 2016
good job. if new you will most likely get forced to work 15 hour days or nights and forced in on weekends. other then that good pay and ok benefits. profit sharing after a year
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management top heavy
best job
Machine Operator/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 11, 2016
hormel was really my starting point in manufacturing. I started out as a sanitation worker cleaning all production equipment third shift. then about 6 months i had bidded a job and got the 2nd shift cook job. from there i was interested in maintenance so i went to school during the day. Graduated in 2009 then became a mechanic really great pay.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
lazy people
i have great working experience.
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNMay 28, 2016
I am a hard working person. I am willing to work by my self or with team members. I respect work ethics. I am a perfect attendance.
Great company with many benefits.
Foodservice Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNMay 9, 2016
Very solid company to work for. Overall, they are very fair and are willing to set you up for success. Management is very knowledgeable and is willing to help you grow with the company.
exellent saftey stadards,very well mannerd coworkers
Electronics tech (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILMay 6, 2016
very good work envirment ,lots of oppertunity to learn new sapects of progrmming allen bradley software. Able to update older equipment with minimal supervisor
i learned a lot about the food industry
production (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 7, 2016
it was very exciting place to work. i had to process pork bellies into bacon. i made the hormell chilli. we made salt pork.
A Company that actually cares about their employees.
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEFebruary 19, 2016
Starting up my machines. Getting the product to come out looking perfect. Making sure the hopper is full at all times. The weight had to be dead on. At the end of the shift we had to tear down and wash some of the equipment. I learned that without proper tools people could get seriously hurt. Management would do anything they could to help/work out any problems I had. As long as I kept them informed. Everybody did their job and would still help out in the other sections when time permitted. The hardest part was trying to figure out all the different variables to make everything work out! Wether or not if we put out more product than 1st shift did not matter to me. It was when we met our quota and teared everything down within our time limit! That was what made my day!
Pros
Benifits, free meals during holidays
Cons
No ride can not keep job
Fast Paced
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, IAJanuary 24, 2016
Overall, Hormel is fast paced and my co-workers were fun to work with. However, the focus was solely on production, which made it difficult to work on other aspects. Promotions were also based on seniority so it was difficult to move up the ladder no matter the performance.
cleaning
cleaning (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNDecember 25, 2015
I work from Sunday to Thursday .I learned how to clean stuffs on that company.my co workers are good for me we work in group by helping g each other. There is no any hard part for me. The most enjoyable part is the test kitchen.
Pros
no free lanchi
Cons
20 min break
propane delivery
Frozen Block Grinder (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 5, 2015
We clock in, get your invoices, start up your old truck. Air builds and light checks. Let the truck warm up, Then head out. During winter months, there's always deliveries to make. During the summer, you grind tanks and paint them.

I learned how to safely deliver propane from forklift tanks to 1000 gallon tanks.

I got along with most of the other drivers, I tollerated the rest.

Management here stayed in the office.

Hardest part of the job was the old, not maintained trucks, and the refusal to fix them. Constantly stalling out on the highway, unsafe, and not a care in the world to make it better.

The most enjoyable part of the job was saying good by.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
no health insurance, low wages
Fast Paced
Market Ship, Curing, Hambone, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NENovember 20, 2015
Fast paced and decent place to work. Supervisors could be better chosen as they let the power go to their head and give strikes to only certain people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad Supervisors
Productive, fast place to work.
LABORER (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNOctober 30, 2015
Machine operator for molding pork belly's to be ready for slicing operation of bacon. Working as a team makes the workplace more enjoyable and gives for a productive day.
Pros
Profit sharing, health benefits, and weekly payroll.
Cons
Short breaks when locker room is at the other end of the plant, and not getting paid for getting dressed at work in mandatory uniforms.
overall good work enviroment
order picker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical work day consisted of order picking and standing for long hours. i personally enjoy constantly moving so the job fit me well. i enjoyed the job and i had positive coworkes
Pros
lunch, pay and pay schedule
Cons
schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hormel Foods. Our community is ready to answer.