Hormel Foods Employee Reviews

Great work place
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Great company to work for. I just want to work closer to my home. The company takes great care of the workers and makes a fun place to work. They provide great training to the workers and make sure all are train right.

Managed 12 man team in a production environment. Meet nightly requirements for production levels put out by the company. Imputed pay roll for all employees that were my team mates. Conducted all reviews of the team mates, for their yearly appraisals. Inventoried of over 3 million dollars of all food products that were used in the production of Hormel's products weekly. This was done by my staff and myself.
Fast pace envrioment very easy going
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNFebruary 12, 2018
Working in a cold freezer most of the day was hard, working fast pace made time go by faster, management was great and helped me whenever I had questions
Great
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IAFebruary 6, 2018
Hormel puts therir people and their families first. Working hours can be tough but there is a real attempt to create a good work/ life balance. If it was close to home, I would stay.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours and location
Typical food production place.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 3, 2018
A place to work if you don't mind getting dirty which they provide uniforms for all their employees that way your street clothes stay clean which is good hours were decent unless something broke down which it happens. Overall decent place
Pros
Comfortable place to work
Cons
Typical Union shop
Not enough man power
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Was working too many hours at Hormel. Although they are a fortune 200 company, they had a very hard time keeping technical people. This caused work loads to increase daily.
Pay is good
Cost Accountant /Production (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 29, 2018
New management required lots of overtime and very few weekends off. Typically worked six to seven days a week.Thirty minute lunch breaks Fast paced production environment.
Pros
Weekends required in plant. Plant and office seperate.
Cons
Affordable healthcare
Horrible
Cooperate, Packaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Maybe the plant working environment is better. When I worked for them in the corp. office it was horrible. The people are rude and they will lie about your character to get to terminated if you don't kiss their butts.
Hormel
New Product Development Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNJanuary 8, 2018
Growing company - great atmosphere and room for advancement. They provide adequate training, classes to attend, and offer positions to internal candidates before posting external.
great experience
Vacation Relief - QA (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJanuary 2, 2018
gave me opportunity to learn more about the meat packing. working in quality control was great and being vacation relief, I got the chance to work in different areas covering for other QCs on vacation.
Pros
learnt different jobs
Cons
pay was low
Good experience, consumes your life though
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 1, 2018
Worked 60+ hours a week and was starting to get burnt out. It was a good experience overall and you will learn a ton. Management does care about your career and advancement and is helpful about getting you to where you want to be.
Pro work environment
District Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2017
Great work environment. Would absolutely work for this company again provided I didn't have to relocate. Not only did the company have great health benefits but they matched my 401k. I also was able to at times get free meat products samples.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Long commute
Pay is great, but you will work 6-7 days a week.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEDecember 22, 2017
Compensation is terrific, but you have no life outside of work. Management treats you like a number and not a person. I would suggest working here for a year and then going to a better company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work-life, management is terrible.
Offers great benefits
Lead Supervisor/ Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2017
Great experience, great benefits. I learned a lot about this great company. They offer great training to further the managers career if you choose, and they hold you accountable.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, IADecember 14, 2017
Good pay pay lots of overtime good fun company easy work You really don’t have a life working at Hormel but it paid good and good benefits. Good management
Good starting job but leave for better jobs in marion county
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, IADecember 8, 2017
The hr is a real corporate bi+$&. Management is poor. Horrible turnover rate. Low pay for the area. No life except work. Vacation is when concient for the company. Good starting job but don't stay. Pella corp Vermeer weilers hy vee and 3m all pay at least 2 dollars more an hour. Get out now
Pros
Lucky to get a day off enjoy it
Cons
Everthing from the management down
Calm.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNDecember 2, 2017
Ran machines that manufacture and distribute spam products. Very relaxed environment yet steady pace so there was no time to lounge around. Drove a fork lift to load trucks and have packages shrink wrapped.
great benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucker GANovember 29, 2017
great benefits and pay increases. great work environment and a great commute if you leave east of atlanta GA Great shift pay and work hours are very competitive
Pros
great benefits
Great company to work for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2017
While working at Hormel I operated machinery, walkie forklifts as well as sanitation trucks. I also counted Inventory. I also enjoyed working with all different people of cultures and race. Of the 38 years I was there my co-workers became family and we enjoyed outside activities.
Cons
Moving around from one job to the next.
decent job.. alot of manage vs worker issues.. Management is not knowledgeable.. but knows it all
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 20, 2017
with all the hours you work you can earn a check.. but your life is non existent outside of work.. Very divided in who runs the upper management vs who works the actual jobs.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
typical office politics bs
Troubleshooting
Industrial Electrician, Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNNovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed the work that I did there. I enjoyed working withe people I worked with. I did not like the work climate that was there. There was a lot of conflict between management and the union.
Pros
The food
Cons
All the hours