Hornblower Cruises & Events

Hornblower Cruises & Events Employee Reviews

Temporary but great experience
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Fun Events on Yachts, Real Marketing Experience
Cons: Temporary and Mundane Tasks
After working for the company on their yachts as a server and bartender I was hired on as a temporary marketing associate. There are alot of entry level tasks but then there are real marketing projects to do. They are short handed so I'll find myself doing their videography for their drone photo shoots. Fun things like that.

I find this a fun company that just may not have the budget to keep me on but truly needs my skills and help.
Worse place I've ever worked
Galley Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: Working out doors.
Cons: Everything else.
This company sucks. Do Not Work for these ppl, you will never get anywhere in life. They only pay twice a month (1 & 15). No pros all cons. The ppl who work on the boats are great, but management is too sneaky & cheap.
Nice place to work and no stress
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free dinner cruises and city pass
Cons: time of work constantly changing
Its slow season and its been very slow. Everyone in the call center is very nice and we all get along well. I enjoy coming to work.
A high call volume call center.
Lead Email/Tour & Travel Reservationist Agent (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: no opportunity for growth.
It's a faced paced call center that interacts with people from all over the world.
Very fun job, great people
Dock Attendant (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CAMarch 7, 2014
I loved working there. Everyone was so friendly and caring and I could tell that they really worked hard and cared about the customer service. I didn't work there very long but every moment was enjoyable and the management was excellent.
The Photo Department lags behind the rest of the company in Quality
Photographer (Former Employee), San Diego,CaDecember 11, 2013
Pros: work 20 minutes on the hour, a lot of solo work, possibility of shooting weddings
Cons: terrible communication, unable to keep wedding photos for portfolio, occasionally frustrating work place.
The organization of the photo department is a little frustrating at times. There isn't a lot of communication and the people in charge do not run a very orderly ship. Every other department of hornblower though is excellent and full of wonderful people. I would suggest ticket booth or a position aboard the ship. In a lot of ways, the Photo department is cursory and is given the least amount of favor.
Fun workplace with the best sunset view.
Stewardess (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 31, 2012
•Organized and assembled yachts to match the expectancy of the event.
•Provided a high level of customer service for up to 400 guests and attended to all guest needs.
•Worked hard under the fast-paced and small-spaced environment.
Small Business with Proven Success
Charter Sales Manager - Event Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
Small Business with Proven Success! Great work environment with friendly coworkers and management.

Hornblower Cruises & Events Salaries

Manager
$10,000 per month
Project Administrator
$14.50 per hour
Manager
$10,000 per year

Hornblower Cruises & Events Photos

There's no end to the beautiful scenery while working for Hornblower on San Diego Bay
Hornblower sells fun and celebrations in San Diego.
Working conditions are "awesome" on Hornblower Cruises!