Hornblower Cruises & Events Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Tour and Travel Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2015
Hornblower Cruises & Events is a great place to work for. This is a perfect job for summer work or fresh out of college students, or even for someone that is in between a job search. Management will work with you on a work schedule that will fit your needs. This is a great starter job!
Pros
Full Benifits, Medical, Dental, 401K, Incentives, quarter bonus & vision plan
Cons
I have none
Great Company
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work, is a everyday thing. I have been working here for about one month, and I love it here. Everyone is friendly , and easy to talk too. Great Crew Member's and everyday as an concession Worker, I meet new people. From different type of places. My hardest part of the job, is making sure the customer's are satisfied in what they want. Making sure they get the right order , making sure they are safe at all time's. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and get to talk to them. Being social, and being friendly to everyone.
Temporary but great experience
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
After working for the company on their yachts as a server and bartender I was hired on as a temporary marketing associate. There are alot of entry level tasks but then there are real marketing projects to do. They are short handed so I'll find myself doing their videography for their drone photo shoots. Fun things like that.

I find this a fun company that just may not have the budget to keep me on but truly needs my skills and help.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fun Events on Yachts, Real Marketing Experience
Cons
Temporary and Mundane Tasks
Worse place I've ever worked
Galley Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
This company sucks. Do Not Work for these ppl, you will never get anywhere in life. They only pay twice a month (1 & 15). No pros all cons. The ppl who work on the boats are great, but management is too sneaky & cheap.
Pros
Working out doors.
Cons
Everything else.
Nice place to work and no stress
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Its slow season and its been very slow. Everyone in the call center is very nice and we all get along well. I enjoy coming to work.
Pros
free dinner cruises and city pass
Cons
time of work constantly changing
A high call volume call center.
Lead Email/Tour & Travel Reservationist Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2014
It's a faced paced call center that interacts with people from all over the world.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
no opportunity for growth.
Very fun job, great people
Dock Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMarch 7, 2014
I loved working there. Everyone was so friendly and caring and I could tell that they really worked hard and cared about the customer service. I didn't work there very long but every moment was enjoyable and the management was excellent.
The Photo Department lags behind the rest of the company in Quality
Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Diego,CaDecember 11, 2013
The organization of the photo department is a little frustrating at times. There isn't a lot of communication and the people in charge do not run a very orderly ship. Every other department of hornblower though is excellent and full of wonderful people. I would suggest ticket booth or a position aboard the ship. In a lot of ways, the Photo department is cursory and is given the least amount of favor.
Pros
work 20 minutes on the hour, a lot of solo work, possibility of shooting weddings
Cons
terrible communication, unable to keep wedding photos for portfolio, occasionally frustrating work place.
Fun workplace with the best sunset view.
Stewardess (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 31, 2012
•Organized and assembled yachts to match the expectancy of the event.
•Provided a high level of customer service for up to 400 guests and attended to all guest needs.
•Worked hard under the fast-paced and small-spaced environment.
Small Business with Proven Success
Charter Sales Manager - Event Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2012
Small Business with Proven Success! Great work environment with friendly coworkers and management.