HORNE LLP Employee Reviews in United States

I loved HORNE!!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 16, 2015
I loved working at HORNE! I came in as a temp and actually ended up staying on a project for 2 years. I hated when I had to leave. (I cried actually) I was hoping for a full-time position to pop up but I wasn't so lucky. The people are great! The culture is great! They are working on their diversity in certain areas but I would recommend this job to anyone. They did, in the two years that I was there have a LOT of job turnovers. About 10 people left in the short time that I was there to go for better opportunities. Nonetheless, I loved it! Sometimes, I wish that I could go back! =)
Pros
Warm Environment
Cons
Employee Turnover
An exquisite learning enviornment to help assist others in need.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NYFebruary 15, 2016
The company business structure was something new to me. The company and its management team cared for their employees as if they are family. They made you feel comfortable and assured that the job that you were hired for has a purpose behind it.
Senior Compliance Analyst / Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
Good place to learn entry-level retail accounting.Small family-oriented business. Long working hours, typically from 8am to 7pm.
Horne LLP
Staff Auditor (Project Lead) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
Horne LLP is a wonderful company to work for, it offers wonderful benefits, job security and work life balance.
Cons
commute ot work is over an hour one way
Very healthy culture, and fast growing
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 28, 2012
Been here for a year and this is the best decision I EVER made, the culture is very good and leadership is very knowledgeable. The firm is very far and respects your opinion there are some bad days but what company doesn't have any? The firm is growing very fast in Houston and hope it expands to other Texas cities.
Pros
work life balance, interesting work, pays far
Cons
not in the city
Very comfortable work environment with good people.
Learning and Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSSeptember 7, 2015
Great place to work and try to reach your full potential. A little too much religion injected in the work day for those who don't share the same spirituality.
Close knit work family
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
The employees at Horne are a close knit group who worked together and played together. Everyone got along for the most part and the management tried to keep everyone excited about working there by celebrating work achievements. The office sat on Nassau Bay, so the view was beautiful.

We worked hard, and were rewarded for jobs well done. Although accounting can be tedious and routine. The interaction with the people on the team made the day flow faster and made it seem not so much like work
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
pay could be better
Enjoyed the work
Associate in Litigation, Fraud and Forensics (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnJanuary 27, 2012
I enjoyed working for the Nashville office of Horne LLP, which is now closed. I loved fraud investigations and forensic accounting and I had a wonderful manager. I did not like being sent to work in Mississippi on projects for which I was not trained, nor did I appreciate mistreatment from employees and managers of the Mississippi offices.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working with other offices
The worst place of employment in history.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 9, 2013
The management is very poor. There is a very high turnover rate, mainly because of the un-professional management. They only care about how many clients they can take on and care nothing about the employees. It's very stressfull and there isn't really anything good to say about the place.
Pros
it's a job if you're desperate
Cons
poor management
This is the worst place I've ever worked.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  MultipleSeptember 12, 2013
This company has poor management, horrible pay, and absolutely no employee appreciation. If it comes down to living on the street or working here, I'd carefully consider which path to choose.
Cons
pay, management, stress, etc.
Give up your life/Stressful/Horrible pay
Tech (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2012
The Mobile office is horrible. They treat the employees like dirt. They do not care if you have a family its all about the number of financials you can push out in one day. They dont care about the accuracy of the financials as long as it will pass review. The company loves to say all work is performed in the US. It is a lie. The back office they refer to is in another country. If you have any experience and want a decent paying job this is not the place for you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
you give up your life. bad attitudes. turnover this year has been horrible.
Healthcare Assurance
Healthcare Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSSeptember 10, 2014
Good fast-growing company, offering good chances to move throughout the ranks.
Incredible Company To Work For
IT User Help Desk/ Network Support (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 27, 2012
I am no longer working at Horne due to medical reasons, but I can attest this is a great place to work and the people and the passion in the company are very hard to find, so if you have an opportunity to go to work for Horne, don't miss it.
Productive and fun place to work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 27, 2014
Very exciting and always something different at this job. Learned alot of valuable skills.
fun place to work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 18, 2014
very exciting an great place to work. There was always something different everyday.
Knowledgeable staff
Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 9, 2013
Everyone seems to know what they are doing and they are easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HORNE LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8