HORNE LLP

HORNE LLP Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 18, 2014
very exciting an great place to work. There was always something different everyday.
Productive and fun place to work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 27, 2014
Very exciting and always something different at this job. Learned alot of valuable skills.
The worst place of employment in history.
anonymous (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 9, 2013
Pros: it's a job if you're desperate
Cons: poor management
The management is very poor. There is a very high turnover rate, mainly because of the un-professional management. They only care about how many clients they can take on and care nothing about the employees. It's very stressfull and there isn't really anything good to say about the place.
Good place to work.
Senior Accountant/Client service representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 29, 2013
Pros: very educational for accountants
Cons: compensation is not competitive
Have very good culture and working atmosphere. Management is very organized and well established.
Knowledgeable staff
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Jackson, TNMay 9, 2013
Everyone seems to know what they are doing and they are easy to get along with.
Give up your life/Stressful/Horrible pay
Tech (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2012
Pros: its a job
Cons: you give up your life. bad attitudes. turnover this year has been horrible.
The Mobile office is horrible. They treat the employees like dirt. They do not care if you have a family its all about the number of financials you can push out in one day. They dont care about the accuracy of the financials as long as it will pass review. The company loves to say all work is performed in the US. It is a lie. The back office they refer – more... to is in another country. If you have any experience and want a decent paying job this is not the place for you. – less

November 7, 2012

Its a horrible place to apply for a job especially in Accounting, they give you this accounting test that even the manager who gave the test did not know the answer. So it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have,if you don't pass the 3 question test you do not get an interview. I see why they have a high turnover rate. I would tell anyone please do not apply for a job at this horrible place. I think applying for a job at Horne LLp is based on the color of ones skin, not the experience that he or she may have.

Very healthy culture, and fast growing
Associate (Current Employee), Houston TexasApril 28, 2012
Pros: work life balance, interesting work, pays far
Cons: not in the city
Been here for a year and this is the best decision I EVER made, the culture is very good and leadership is very knowledgeable. The firm is very far and respects your opinion there are some bad days but what company doesn't have any? The firm is growing very fast in Houston and hope it expands to other Texas cities.
Incredible Company To Work For
IT User Help Desk/ Network Support (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSMarch 27, 2012
I am no longer working at Horne due to medical reasons, but I can attest this is a great place to work and the people and the passion in the company are very hard to find, so if you have an opportunity to go to work for Horne, don't miss it.
Enjoyed the work
Associate in Litigation, Fraud and Forensics (Former Employee), Nashville, TnJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working with other offices
I enjoyed working for the Nashville office of Horne LLP, which is now closed. I loved fraud investigations and forensic accounting and I had a wonderful manager. I did not like being sent to work in Mississippi on projects for which I was not trained, nor did I appreciate mistreatment from employees and managers of the Mississippi offices.